Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,680 members, 7,889,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:17 AM

Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps (38022 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo Drags Buhari To Court! / Wike Appoints Kenneth Kobani As SSG / Akin Alabi Joins Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by donwise1(m): 1:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
Mr IBU is next!!!

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by gidjah(m): 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
HE'S about the calmest man in nolly wood i hav ever met.all d same ,its all about d national cake,we all should look into how some crumbs can be our portion,instead of some born to rule individuals hijacking d system

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by kaboninc(m): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
dhammyg: SO ACTING DOSEN'T PAY ANYMORE

MOST OF THIS CELEBRITIES WILL LOSE IN THE FORTHCOMING ELECTIONScheesy DO THEY THINK BEING A KNOWN FACE MAKES THEM QUALIFIED TO BE A POLITICIANundecided

Actually it does! They have the fan base, they are famous and well connected. Acting makes you popular...either for good or bad. Most important thing is he'd be heard. Arnold Schwarzenegger was a governor of California and I think for 2 terms!

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by kabu: 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2014
when will Mr ibu join and declare his own?

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by kaboninc(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
bebe2: What a joke!

So all celebrity now heading to politics.

What has this man done for this country since he has been in the public eye?

Now e wan come chop money.
Gd luck to him,

National cake, its free for all

Is it wrong or a taboo or an abomination for even a clown to aspire for a political office in Nigeria? He's a celebrity and politicians are celebrities...depending on how you define who a celebrity is!

Let's give them a chance...or are you satisfied with the current crop of politicians today?

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by nwakibie3(m): 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
Point of correction.... He is not a graduate of UNN but ESUT

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by gatiano(m): 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
it is a nigerian's basic right to contest for any office in the nation as long as he is 18 or 21 years of age and above, and the primary school G2 certificate. actor, professor, comedian, musician, pastor, soldier, market woman or man, spare part business man, teacher, madman, sickman, as long as he or she is a nigerian, she or he has the right to want to be the president or any there of.

it is however the duty of the nigerians to know how to vote, and pick a suitable person for any particular job. fire this aspirants questions, is a presidential candidate or aspirant can't answer 170 million people questions before he becomes president, he will never be able to serve in practical 10 thousand people.

all the question must be personal and that of which will serve your own personal growth. if not, anybody can think it is easy to fool nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by M4gunners: 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^It's like you don't really know who Kenneth Okonkwo is! I've watched him a number of times on AIT, and have always been impressed with his intelligence and straight talk! Partisan politics and governance would be enriched with guys like him involved!

You do realize one of the best presidents in the US (President Reagan) was an actor?
Is it not the same Kenneth who once says he's too attractive to women?Chei na anoda swimming pool he won build o if he happen to win
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by airclipse(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: Governance in Nigeria is a thing of comedy, little wonder why it attracts all manner of clowns, comedians and jokers.

Wating for mr Ibu to declare.
Smh.
lol stay dere, Mr ibu has already declared his interest in running for presidency..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: Governance in Nigeria is a thing of comedy, little wonder why it attracts all manner of clowns, comedians and jokers.

Smh.
dis kind tin tire me too
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
seankay: The fact that they are celebs doesn't mean they can't vie for political posts...they are Nigerians and that qualifies them to contest.I don't know what the fuss is about..Its even a good development cos we atleast get to see new faces other than the Buhari,Gej,Akala and the likes since 1999

Pls continue to educate some kids here who haven't seen the nigerian constitution nor know its content.

They are nigerians and If they have:

Attended the specified age limits for the electoral positions they are seeking for-

possess the minimum educational qualification which the constitution stipulates-

Are free from any terminal health issues-
Are members of a political party-
No criminal record's-

If they have met with these requirements then they are very eligeable to seek for any electoral position In nigeria.

They have the right to vote and be voted for so says the constitution.

Whatever anyone thinks about them is purely their headache.

If they contest and have the majority votes then that is the wish of the people and no amount of online rantings can change it.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by LAX89(m): 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2014

MOST OF THIS CELEBRITIES WILL LOSE IN THE FORTHCOMING ELECTIONScheesy DO THEY THINK BEING A KNOWN FACE MAKES THEM QUALIFIED TO BE A POLITICIANundecided

And the politicians that are there now, what makes them qualified and what good have they done for your country?
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by favkadgold: 1:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
I will b happy if kenneth sud come out bt my own is dat will b able to b in the huz nd still b on nollywood.and hw ready will he b to serve his pple
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by uchdollar111: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
I dey hail am. Anyway, why
don't you check out
www.myeventsgallery.com and sign up
before the official launch party!
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Gbengazzee(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
Something that worries me about this so called actors and actresses, they are photocopies of themselves. At one time, they grew interest in music, now its politics; as if there is a spirit urging them to do so at the same time.

I hope they are sensitive not to sink all their lifetime savings into pursuit of political ambition.

I wouldn't like to read that any of them is hypertensive in 2015.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Fxwarrior: 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
M4gunners: Is it not the same Kenneth who once says he's too attractive to women?Chei na anoda swimming pool he won build o if he happen to win

So what's wrong with the statement or are you attractive to men?

Hypocrite.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by olowogboye(m): 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
No comment
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by M4gunners: 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
Fxwarrior:

So what's wrong with the statement or are you attractive to men?

Hypocrite.
F.ck u mudaf.cker.Hw dear you quote me and insult me?You lack home training bitch.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by mzjaney(f): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
Hmmm... Actor turned Pastor, dat wasn't enough, now he is going into politics hmmm issorite.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by otokx(m): 1:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
The little money that they have they want to throw it all away.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by MEILYN(m): 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Idokosolomon: Let him go back to his acting. Acting is better for him than politics, i do believe acting is his call.
Please which Idoko solomon is this? My name is Idoko Samson and I have a cousin by that name.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: AIT kwa? in UK shocked tell me something.

Eyaaaaa you no get sky box. ........
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by coolebux(m): 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Can't believe Nkem 'Osuofia' Onwo still hasn't declared his own interest grin grin
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by henchamb(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2014

Dnt u knw dat Nigeria channels streams online or u just wana talk
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by RayPsst(m): 3:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
ahnie: your moniker tho.
wink Fear not Shuga!

Janetozi: and this is coming from a "RAPIST"

Nne, I'm a Psychotherapist = Pyscho-The-Rapist
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
donwise1: Mr IBU is next!!!
Hahaha
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by Aura2(f): 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2014

Tony one week just completed his 4yr tenure in the Anambra state house of assembly, how do you explain that?
Arnold was once gov of cali for 8yrs. politics esp democracy runs on popularity and number (reason I hate democracy anyways), Nollywood keeps that card on the table for these contestants.
Don't forget Abike Dabiri that has more bills than Ngige the sleeping senator.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by shoprite: 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2014

hmmm....na which planet you dey live wey you no know say dem dey watch AIT for UK? undecided
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by danox(m): 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
Who is now meant to go into politics?Are we saying that there are professional politicians?For me,I think anyone with a genuine passion for good governance and quality leadership delivery is basically qualified to delve into politics
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by kensuch: 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
well may be God will used them to change d system if they HV good God father to back them up wish them d best
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by emmabest2000(m): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2014

Smh.
Omenka nwanne ome ka nti nu grin
@topic Good for him tongue
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps by irokop(m): 4:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Guys pls don't forget to add barrister to his title co he is now a practicing barrister at law

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AIT Takes Down Online Poll Where Buhari Was Trouncing Jonathan / If This Is True Then Why Isn't This Woman Arrested Yet? / Buhari’s Certificate, APC And Unanswered Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.