Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,242 members, 7,891,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:17 AM

What Causes Delay In Marriages? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Causes Delay In Marriages? (11586 Views)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 8:03am On Sep 27, 2014
Delay is dangerous! What factors cause delay in marriages?
Is it spiritual problem?

Weather you believe me or not this is a problem that has eaten deep into many Nigerian families. Every parent is happy and fulfiled seeing their children get married and carry their grand children while they're alive, but unfortunately late marriages has denied parents this expectation. Here in my south south, its very predominant. This days you see very beautiful and sexy rich ladies still remain single, worst is the kind of aura they carry around them you can't even go close or aproach them, or be ready to face the insult n embarrasment from them!

I think one of the key factors causing delay of marriage in men is the cash, you don't wono buy a car you can't service efficiently, like u knw the women are "care receivers" so the man must be ready for her before bringing her in or be ready to live a mediocre life forever. #fact. But however there are other factors.

...One of such factors is waiting for MR RIGHT or MR PERFECT.

In this forum I beg to ask us what causes delay in marriages and what are the solutions to this endemic problem? Your response could help someone reading this now. Maybe a little shift in attitude.

Thanks
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by gede7744(f): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2014
1 spiritual
2. high expectations on d part of d. lady
3. waiting for mr Right- forgetting nothing like that exist. u ve to make d man right
3. not wanting to endure or start small

still loading. will be back when l remember others
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 8:40am On Sep 27, 2014
gede7744: 1 spiritual
3. waiting for mr Right- forgetting nothing like that exist. u ve to make d man right

Spiritual factors? Pls I'd like to knw more about this, hehehe
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by eleojo23: 8:41am On Sep 27, 2014
I think there are a lot of factors.

Assuming that the cause is due to the fact that the person concerned is busy searching for the perfect guy/girl, I'll like to quote a statement that I used in one of my latest posts.

"While you’re busy looking for the
perfect person, you’ll probably miss
the imperfect person who could make
you perfectly happy."

This is my own contribution.

4 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2014
eleojo23: I think there are a lot of factors.

Assuming that the cause is due to the fact that the person concerned is busy searching for the perfect guy/girl, I'll like to quote a statement that I used in one of my latest posts.

"While you’re busy looking for the
perfect person, you’ll probably miss
the imperfect person who could make
you perfectly happy."

This is my own contribution.

Hehhee great words there bro. Very insightful. Let's do more
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by gede7744(f): 10:14am On Sep 27, 2014
wealthinfos:

Spiritual factors? Pls I'd like to knw more about this, hehehe

depends on ur spiritual perspectives/maturity cos some ppl will find some things unbelievable
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 27, 2014
Why are we so obsessed with marriage and yet marriages end up being disasters?

12 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 10:31am On Sep 27, 2014
gede7744:

depends on ur spiritual perspectives/maturity cos some ppl will find some things unbelievable

Information is very important in life. Am hungry for information and I will be willing to learn frm ur perspective also. Hope somebody is in with me?
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by gede7744(f): 10:53am On Sep 27, 2014
wealthinfos:

Information is very important in life. Am hungry for information and I will be willing to learn frm ur perspective also. Hope somebody is in with me?

ok let's see

maybe d lady ia from a family where they ve issues with late marriage. as in until they enter 40+ no one is allowed to marry

or somobody have placed a curse on her due to some misunderstanding. as we know, human being don't forgive

or she has jilted some guys who in turn decide to useless her life

d list goes on an on
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by irishCream: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2014

On point

Wouldn't have said it better

But then let me add one

The only disability in life is a bad attitude

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 1:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sophyrocks: Why are we so obsessed with marriage and yet marriages end up being disasters?

How do you mean?

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
gede7744:

ok let's see

maybe d lady ia from a family where they ve issues with late marriage. as in until they enter 40+ no one is allowed to marry

or somobody have placed a curse on her due to some misunderstanding. as we know, human being don't forgive

or she has jilted some guys who in turn decide to useless her life

d list goes on an on

Hehehe hope we have single ladies in the house? Especially the gold diggers. A food for thought
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
irishCream:

On point

Wouldn't have said it better

But then let me add one

The only disability in life is a bad attitude

Yes very onpoint. Attitude; it will make or mare u!
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
wealthinfos:

How do you mean?

If you dnt know what i mean, then you dnt understand marriage. You are only concerned about getting married because of age/delay/showing off to people to please them but forget about staying married and making the marriage a successful one. Are you married or single?
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Oho ohoo! you have fastwarded and taken us one step ahead on not just factors for delayed marriages, but also staying married.

But if I may ask what factors keep marriages? Maybe a topic for another day, hehehehe

All the same tnx for contributing.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
wealthinfos: Oho ohoo! you have fastwarded and taken us one step ahead on not just factors for delayed marriages, but also staying married.

But if I may ask what factors keep marriages? Maybe a topic for another day, hehehehe

All the same tnx for contributing.

You have refused to answer my simple question. Are you married or single? If single, why do you want to get marrried?

To answer your question, reasons for delay in marriage are relative.
There are people who are not freakish about getting married. Their interest in it is low perhaps due to bad relationships/bad choices in partners/bad marriages surrounding them or bad experiences such as a dysfunctional family.

There are people who are not meant to get married. Their understanding of marriage is low. Their understanding of the opposite sex is low, they have wrong mentality of the opposite sex. They could be abusive verbally, physically and emotionally. If these ones get married, their spouses will sufferor even die. Which is why you dnt force/pressurize people to get married. So when some peeople come across these ones, they stay away from them and wait to find a better partner.

There are people who are not fortunate to get good partners. Their relationships are from one wrong person to another. Therefore, such people decide to wait, stay away from relationships and leave it to God until a good partner shows up.

There are people who are ready to marry but are not financial capable of getting marriedor do not have good jobs to sustain the marriage. We all know how money is of great importance in marriage.

There are people who are not realistic in their choices. they are rigid and feel that their specs of partners exist when they do not. Ladies who love richh menat all cost are included. Men who are looking for perfect wives when theyare not perfect.

Some have very horrible attitudes. But i dnt like to concentrate on this because i have seen men marry women with terrible attitude while the good women remain at home. It seems those with such attitudes are winning and getting married every saturday.

All in all, delay may be dangerous in some cases but may also be necessary so that those who take marriage seriously can sit down and make a good choice and so that those who dnt understand marriage can understand it before marrying. There are people who were sooo fortunate to get God's intervention to show them who their partners really are few weeks to their weddings. This is why you hear postponement/cancellation of wedding ceremonies every now and then. God almighty saves a lot of people from horrible marriages by delaying them. Do you know that? Marriage isnt about wedding, showing off ring, answering Mrs and gettting approval from society. Its about WORK. If you know the kind of work in it ehn, you will slow down and enjoy your single status untiil you find the right person for you and are mentally ready for it. I think people should create threads that talk about how to stay married and not how to get married. Our obsession with marriage is not helping to reduce the rate of divorce. instead, our obsession is increasing it. Let's stop fantasizing too much about marriage. It doesnt lead to the kingdom of God o.

19 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
Better it delays and get it right than to be early and fail.
Not how fast but how well.

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lol..
Sophyrocks, why don't you just write a thesis on why people should stay away from marriage eh.... eishhhh grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
crackhaus: Lol..
Sophyrocks, why don't you just write a thesis on why people should stay away from marriage eh.... eishhhh grin

If that is what you could decipher from my comment, then too bad for your level of comprehension.

And by the way, if i may ask, are you ready to get married?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sophyrocks:

If that is what you could decipher from my comment, then too bad for your level of comprehension.

And by the way, if i may ask, are you ready to get married?
My level of comprehension is fine, thank you very much.

If I may ask, why are you being aggressive? Check the tone of your replies so far, are you fighting with anyone? grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sophyrocks: Why are we so obsessed with marriage and yet some marriages end up being disasters?
Edited!
Thank me later...
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
crackhaus:
My level of comprehension is fine, thank you very much.

If I may ask, why are you being aggressive? Check the tone of your replies so far, are you fighting with anyone? grin

Replies to whom? Aggresive in what way? THATS ALL IN YOUR IMAGINATION. Wake Up!!! I am simply asking questions and stating opinions. So?

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
crackhaus:
Edited!
Thank me later...

No need for Edition. No thanks.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
gringrin
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
@Sophyrock ur so on point. Ur contribution is very revealing.

We can do more!
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
3cycle: Better it delays and get it right than to be early and fail.
Not how fast but how well.

Oh yeah, on point
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Kanwulia: 10:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
No money, no honey! kiss
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2014

Madam this is very insightful, pls come back ASAP
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by charles316: 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sophyrocks: Why are we so obsessed with marriage and yet marriages end up being disasters?

Few marriages end up in disasters. Focus on the good marriages and not on the bad ones. While some single women keep consoling themselves that marriage is bad,some girls are enjoying theirs. These days most girls who can't get men to marry them sing this wack song.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
charles316:

Few marriages end up in disasters. Focus on the good marriages and not on the bad ones. While some single women keep consoling themselves that marriage is bad,some girls are enjoying theirs. These days most girls who can't get men to marry them sing this wack song.

Few marriages ke? With the high rate of divorce in law courts? with the too many sob stories of 'Had i known' around, even on nairaland and other blogs, you are telling me few? Wake up!! You are sleeping. Its women that are lamenting the most.

Point of correction, girls who can't get men to marry them that are desperate are running from one church to another and from one prophet to another. What planet are you from sef? Is it that you dnt know whats happening around you or what? or have you been in Coma?

6 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by charles316: 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Few marriages ke? With the high rate of divorce in law courts? with the too many sob stories of 'Had i known' around, even on nairaland and other blogs, you are telling me few? Wake up!! You are sleeping. Its women that are lamenting the most.
Point of correction, girls who can't get men to marry them that are desperate are running from one church to another and from one prophet to another. What planet are you from sef? Is it that you dnt know whats happening around you or
what? or have you been in Coma?

Lets just say that I've been in coma. I still stand by my earlier statement that few marriages have issues and those are marriages of people especially women who have no business with marriage. How come the ones with bad marriages tell u their stories and the ones with good marriages don't. Sophy, Please move with the right people.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
charles316:

Lets just say that I've been in coma. I still stand by my earlier statement that few marriages have issues and those are marriages of people especially women who have no business with marriage. How come the ones with bad marriages tell u their stories and the ones with good marriages don't. Sophy, Please move with the right people.

Please be truthful. The bad stories are more than the good. maybe because bad news envelopes the good. Most of the good will not make so much noise about it. You could just see through them that their marriages are good. To widen your scope of info and to become more aware of your surroundings, try and read blogs more. blogs that report real life experiences of marriages. Go and visit a law court some day and be more attentive when some married people talk. Maybe you will be awakened from your coma. maybe because i am a lady and ladies are more open than men that is why i get to hear stories that touch.

If you still insist that few marriages have issues, then you must have been hiding under a cave away from civilisation and information. perhaps you have not been on planet earth and you suddenly dropped from the sky or you are just among those people who fantasize a lot even when there is world war 3.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy / If Your Name Have A Negative Meaning, Will You Change It? / One Special Thing God Did For You This Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.