Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,252 members, 7,891,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:49 AM

Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy (11586 Views)

Father Of Two Wanted One More Child, Then Got Triplets (Photo) / Father Of Twins Abandoned At Lagos Hospital Vows Not To Take Their Mother Back / Photo Of Newborn Baby Covered In Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by bustyhelen(f): 12:12pm On Jan 01, 2015
A businessman, Okatuman Ofuzinam of Ndobu quarters in Ighodo, Ika North East Local Government Area of Delta State, has alleged that the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in lgbodo area shot him for refusing to sell his new born baby.

Ofuzinam, who returned from the Federal Medical Centre, Asaba, a few days ago for treatment, stated that the DPO in charge of lgbodo Police Station shot him for refusing to collect N550,000 offered to him so that he can forget the case of his stolen new born baby at a clinic in Owerre-Olubor, where his wife, Gloria, put to bed.

He told our correspondent that on November 20, 2014, his wife, gave birth to a bouncing baby boy in a private clinic in Owerre-Olubor.

“My wife told me that after her delivery of the baby, she went out to wash her clothes only to return and not find our newborn baby. She said when she asked the matron of the clinic about the whereabouts of her son, she replied that she had sold the baby as we could not offset their N60,000 hospital bill. This claim was refuted as she later said she did not know the whereabouts of the baby.”

Mr Ofuzinam further explained that the refusal of the matron to reveal the whereabouts of their son made him report the matter to the police in lgbodo and they arrested her. The matron while at the police custody said she sold the baby to somebody in Warri and that she will pay us the sum of N550,000 to forget about the baby. On my refusal to sell my baby, the DPO called me a fool, saying that I will remain poor forever. The next day, I visited the station and saw the matron in company of her husband making a phone call that she had been bailed from the police custody and that the matter had died.”

He said when he asked the DPO about the whereabouts of his son and the reason for the release of the matron without his consent, the police chief him with a pistol he was holding in his hand.

It was gathered that Mr. Ofuzinam was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Asaba, for medical attention. It was disclosed to our correspondent that the DPO fled the Igbodo police station to an unknown place as Igbodo youths were after him.

After the disappearance of the DPO, the matron who was arrested by men of the Nigeria Police Force, and taken to the Police headquarter, Asaba, was said to have given them clue on how to recover the stolen baby. The baby was later returned to its parents.

Ofuzinam, in an interview with our correspondent, said that he was thankful to God that he is still alive today.

“Our baby is a gift from God that money can’t buy. I am happy that our baby has been brought back to us,” he said.

By the time of filing this report, the matron was reported to be cooling her heels at the police headquarters in Asaba.

leadership.ng/news/399004/chirld-theft-father-newborn-accuses-matron-police-chief-conspiracy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by mizjules(f): 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2015
Things are haPpening! Please what is 550,000 naira compared to a child Pple are heartless. Thank God the baby was found ALIiVE

FTC n frontpage things. I perceive greater things already, God grant me the grace,good health n favour to taste them. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by jingh(f): 12:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
Corruption at its height.
A whole baby
Nine month going into waste.

God we need change in this country
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by eleojo23: 12:35pm On Jan 01, 2015
After the woman suffered to carry the baby for 9 months, some people just want to come and rob her of the fruit of her womb. There are certain things that should not be heard of.
And to see a law enforcement officer involved in this kind of thing. SMH

1 Like

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by drehdinho(m): 12:35pm On Jan 01, 2015
This is not supposed to be novel especially to the Christians, the bible said it all that incredible things shall happen towards the end time. Any instances of this nature should serve as assurance to all the Christians and also make them to be steadfast in worshipping God. Even create more room for extreme love of God.
Even though even shall happen all around but non shall touch those who believe in God and do His will. Amen
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by freshness2020: 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
...fools, they still think the word poor means gullibility, some will fall but not all..Kudo's to this wonderful parents!! Heaven will be smiling at them now!
..The DPO, Matron and her husband (Partner in crime) be incarcerated ASAP!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by AsherStorm(m): 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
Kasala burst...
How u go sell my baby?
Are u high on some thick shi*?

Find out the truth abt lies being purported abt buhari
http//:factchecki.ng
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by seangy4konji: 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
Na wah oo
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
[size=39pt] They leave sorrow, tears and blood......... Their regular trade mark©[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by yungcyrus(m): 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
Naija na wa! Funny news every second
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by nicflame(m): 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
Who knows who's lying..
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by Misogynist2014(m): 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
I didn't even read the story before knowing the child is a boy.

1 Like

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by teemanbastos(m): 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
always typical.. Good and bad occurences occur simultaneously on memorable occasions.
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by sharon763: 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
People are heartless....
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by hazyfm: 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
SHITT LIKE THIS HAPPENS ONLY IN NIGERIA
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by dominique(f): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
Lord! I'm speechless. How long will the poor continue to be oppressed in this country? Hope this case doesn't die till those involved are jailed.

3 Likes

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by ellechrystal(f): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
Na wa
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by Brightology2(m): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
The NPF re ur frd.
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by Teebashy(f): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
owk ooooo
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by mrsuccessful(m): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
front page..... grin
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by drey076(m): 12:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
Thank God for d kind og man the father is
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by Prowizy2(m): 12:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
I will be back to comment, lemme focus on this new year meat first!!

1 Like

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by horlarlorwor(m): 12:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
.....Next

Signature,
Petlinks.
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by Precious91(m): 12:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
hmm.God fights for the poor.
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by sazycul: 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
That Hospital should be shutdown, and the DPO dismissed from service. What a world.

2 Likes

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by Calebosko(m): 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
Some APC wil blem this on jonathan,

apc surporters are just like chelsea fans,and bagers confrat,they talk alot and they are trouble makers,u see them everwey,moto pack tout,mad man,imbesile, they are brain wash to beleive that their yes must be yes,

while they are som PDP fans here who are quiet,humble,they dont belive in a do or die afair,they are the one who can make things hapen,not by mouth,and plenty likes online,vote no be likes,just like bacelona,madrid,man u,asenal,bayen,livapool etc.

Note am not Apc nor PDP,my party na labour party in U.S.A,

1 Like

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by drey076(m): 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
Thank God

Sai buhari joooooor
Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by Aitee1: 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
This Delta state sef...everything happens in this state...both the good, bad and ugly undecided

I have my own personal experience with them sad

Money! Money!! Money!!!

4 Likes

Re: Child Theft: Father Of Newborn Accuses Matron, Police Chief Of Conspiracy by Franchise21(m): 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Your Name Have A Negative Meaning, Will You Change It? / What Causes Delay In Marriages? / One Special Thing God Did For You This Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.