Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,101 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:18 PM

Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' (934 Views)

Human Impact Has Pushed Earth Into The Anthropocene, Scientists Say / NASA Scientists Finds Message From God On Planet Mars / Time Travel And Teleportation: How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' by Nostalgia21(m): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
Star Trek-style 'beaming up' of people through space could
become a reality sometime in the far future, the leader of a
landmark teleportation experiment has said.
Nothing in the laws of physics fundamentally forbids the
teleportation of large objects, including humans,
researchers claim.
They were able to transport an atom three metres with
100% accuracy.

HOW THEY DID IT
In Prof Hansons' experiment, three entangled particles - a
nitrogen atom locked in a diamond crystal and two
electrons - were used to transfer spin information a
distance of three metres.
Four possible states were transmitted, each corresponding
to a 'qubit', the quantum equivalent of a digital 'bit'.
Each 'bit' of information in a classical computer represents
one of two values, normally zero or one.
But a 'qubit' can represent a zero, a one, or a
'superposition' of both states at the same time.
'What we are teleporting is the state of a particle,' Prof
Hanson, from Delft University of Technology in the
Netherlands, said.
'If you believe we are nothing more than a collection of
atoms strung together in a particular way, then in principle
it should be possible to teleport ourselves from one place
to another.

Re: Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' by nnadychuks(m): 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
teleport enter zenith bank or world bank, then teleport to sarah massey's bathroom when she is having her bath.. Mmmmmm it has no advantage, only disadvantages
Re: Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' by Blakjewelry(m): 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
my only wish is to see these things come to pass in my own time
Re: Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' by hushmail: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
in hundred yrs it will b reality
Re: Beam Me Up: Scientists Say Human Teleportation Is 'possible' by UyiIredia(m): 3:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
'What we are teleporting is the state of a particle,' This should be kept in mind.

(1) (Reply)

A Newly Built Site For Sale / Why The New Nitel, Ntel Will Succeed. / Airtel Opera Plan Not Downloading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.