Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,156 members, 7,900,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 06:36 AM

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (20516 Views)

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
lalasticlala:

what an awful experience!!

as bitter as it was..i learnt more than a lesson...

i can't fall victim of similar situation
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by haymoney01(m): 8:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
laplace12:

ok bro. I also thought about the chip having issues. Think I will try to clean it small, It could be dust is covering it.
Happened to me sometimes ago... I even tried it using the bank's fast track teller machine buh it didnt work... I had to get a new one
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by naturally: 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
LadiesPet: Big boys don't use ATM.

Yes, they bury their money under the ground
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by daveP(m): 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
I resist the urge to go ATMaic. Its been two-sided though. But its sweet helping though in atm situos like im reading here. Ive helped hundreds in stranded atm situations. smiley il continue to resist the urge. No need to educate me about benefits, i know them well
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by okirewaju(f): 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
AMAKAVIOLA:

Then you dnt use ATM machines or ur Alien
Lol, I do use ATM machine

Guess I have just been lucky!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Sharon6(f): 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
Boblegacy10: My only bitter experience so far with ATM was that it under-dispensed my cash by #1,000. I used FBN ATM card on Fidelity ATM @ Pencinema area. I correctly entered #20,000 but dispensed only 19 pieces of #1,000 notes. It was at night so nobody I could complain to.

The same thing happened to me last year. 19k was dispensed instead of 20k. It was at night too. When I complained later I was told by the bank officials that's it's not possible. I just let it be cos it's just 1k.

Intercontinental Bank Owe me 24k before they were merged. I filled forms and complained till I got tired.

princebergz: never had any noteworthy experience but I remember what happened to my padi...
around July last year myself and this my padi traveled to Cote d'ivoire, towards the end of the trip (on a Thursday, we were to head back to Nigeria on Friday ), we decided to go shopping but my padi was cash strapped and had to make use of the ATM (he drinks like a sailor)
we hopped to a cash point, my over confident padi sha went ahead to press rubbish on the machine (the instructions were in French ) the next thing it was Jonah and the whale all over again.
p.s: I can never forget the look on my padi's face... epic!

This got me laughing out loud.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by adanny01(m): 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
I got disappointed just now.

I went to access bank to transfer some pocket money to my brother, that worked perfectly successful. The next was a withdrawal and it gave me a reply the i had input the wrong pin. I did again but same message and on the last and third time, it just ejected my card saying maximum trials exceeded.

WTF, i just successfully completed an interbank transfer.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by princealbashir: 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
grandstar: but their card is the bomb! only disappointed me once. better than uba or eco. eco, disappointing since 1126

lmao. never tried Eco before sha. mere looking at dia buildings sef, u go knw say em go disappoint...
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Eberex(m): 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
lalasticlala:

serious? lol counting ur money?

Yeah shit happened last week at ikeja. I used a firstbank atm card on a gtbank atm machine. I didn't realize until I got to the office to realize I was short changed.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by missbash: 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
gift01: Make dem ban dose atm with volume problem. Those Noise making atm sha. They'll surely expose you and can cause easy access to attack by criminals. Imagine, they'll be shouting: 'pls enter your secret number' and then telling the neighbourhood you going by shouting: 'thank you for banking with us'. Dose always hungry security guys be like 'oga find us something'. Banks pls stop noise pollution cos na atm screen we dey monitor. No time for that yeye female noise
lmaooo,true oo exactly!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by zoe123: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
Still remember my experience like yesterday, it was 2009, I was serving in kwara,I went to visit a friend in jos n crisis started I was lucky we escaped her hostel with my wallet, went to collect my last cash only for the ATM to debit me without paying.hated that machine since then
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by englishmart(m): 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
bigtt76: You're right ...may be this one na for Automated Teller Money (ATM) Manchine grin hahaha

People shaa. Sometimes you will hear people saying my ATM has expired or I forgot my ATM at home all referring to bank debit card very funny grin

Lol. It's all good. cheesy
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by leofab(f): 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
begwong:
10k?
was it a TDB arrangement grin
10k?
was it a TDB arrangement
yes oh. Oga I regret oh, since then I must carry enough money for purse oh
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by leofab(f): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
14teenK: babe na wah o.....so d bank official bleep u 4 10k hmmmm bitch!
you called me a bitc.h. So you want me to sleep on the street and get rapped by fashola and his APC tugs?
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by jaykaylegend(m): 12:47am On Sep 29, 2014
The force at which the atm collects the card sef dey scary..
E go just dey wait make you put the tip of the card
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Hakolahwohle(m): 6:34am On Sep 29, 2014
just last saturday, i am using a gtbank atm and wanted withdrawing from uba machine 20gees but not even a single note came out and i was alerted a debit alert. hmmmn dem go hear am on monday if ma money is not returned.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by beabea5: 7:27am On Sep 29, 2014
My Experience was terrible,i was broke for like two weeks then i spoke with my brother to have pity on me then he finally did and sent me 10k,immediately i saw alert i quiickly went there wit No 1 naira on me but i told a bikeman to please wait for me while i withdraw,on getting there the bank has not started attending to customers,i then told the bike man to wait a bit then he become so aggressive that i cant be delaying him,so i quikly talk wit a woman by the road side and she lend me 50 naira to settle the Miserable looking bike man,Meanwhile it was a wema bank and i will want to use Access atm wit it,so i waited patiently for wema to start they no start until around 10:30,hunger self don wire me so tey but d confidence was on that 10k jubilatin in my Acct,been that i was the first person till 12pm wema no gree open their Atm and i confidently enter to meet wit them,D operator persuaded me to wait that its having error and it will be resolved soon.At exactly 3pm...Atlast its now working been the person that has been there all day i stood gidigba for front while others who have waited for like 3hrs stood behnd me then the Operator ask me to insert my card for 3 minute my card was there,he no gree comot even if d card no comout what abt my money(D whole 10k)then without the cash in my hand,i saw alert on my phone(10k has been debited blaaa blaaa)WHA!!! I screamed,where is my money?the last money i have on me that am still owning 50 naira out of then the Operator guy shook his head in sympathy(Sorry ma You have to wait for ten working daiz before it retrieve back to ur Acct)immediately infront of Crowd who are nw withdrawin and those that are just joining them I WEPT PROFUSELY,thanks for takin time to read this.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Sammyblaq(m): 9:58am On Sep 29, 2014
yah
me and my cousin left aba for enugu(for job touring), we journey through benue<gboko and vandiayka>. Connecting Ebonyi through ogoja CRS...
On reaching abakiliki along the express to awka around dat 6pm..we spotted a bar decided to take 1 or 2. 9pm: After the drink we had 4000k left. We moved to get a hotel to sleep in @4k hoping to withdraw from any ATM along the way for chow tyn.
The car fuel gauge started running into check...we drove in immediately into a hotel we saw. The cheapest room was placed @5.5k..i had to plead with the girl recep which she accepted. After we checked in, its now time to eat but no cash.
I strolled into the street in search of an ATM machine(desert search),i cudn't find any ATM but i was directed by some Policemen i saw to check at a Teaching Hospital.
On getting to TH, finally i saw a machine light...i walked fast cos i was H'n badly.
U know what?! The machine was on but immediately i inserted the Card...the machine shut down. Arrrrhhhhh! ....
I applied a counter cheque the next.
A hungry man is an angry man.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by ask4bk(m): 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
Disappointed?

I went to ATM to redraw 1k. Immediately I put my ATM, even without inserting pin, na im 50k just comot from the machine. I no even get that kain money before.

This one no be disappointment oh. Na appointment. Lol
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by 14teenK: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
ask4bk: Disappointed?

I went to ATM to redraw 1k. Immediately I put my ATM, even without inserting pin, na im 50k just comot from the machine. I no even get that kain money before.

This one no be disappointment oh. Na appointment. Lol
guy na lie!

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by 14teenK: 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
leofab: you called me a bitc.h. So you want me to sleep on the street and get rapped by fashola and his APC tugs?
there are stil oda alternatives
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by maxism2: 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
I inserted my ATM, it counted and as I stretched out to collect d cash, all I saw was d head of a snake with mouth open widely!!!!!

I rannnnnnnn and left my ATM card oooo
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by SailorXY: 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
leofab: Mine was the worst. I reside at Enugu but came to Lagos to preparing my traveling documents Nd I do not have any relative at Lagos so I had to lodge in a hotel around Alimosho axis, after everything at the immigration office and high commission office I it took me 3 days and I scheduled to leave by Saturday with the last 6k on my account. On getting to first bank at Idimu the Automatic Teller Machine gently swallowed my card and smiled, luckily but unluckily for me the bank was opened that Saturdays for wire transfer transactions and I stepped in there to report but they said I should come back by Monday, I tried to explain but all to no avail. No money to renew my accommodation notc even a decent feeding. I feel like dying and has to end up with the spending the night in one of the bank officials house and the next say being sunday he have me 10k for screw.ing me and I travelled back home without coming for the card again.
lol angry
you look nice tho. if it was consented mingling, oh well.
but if the bros just took advantage of your predicament, its a shame.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by zappyj(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
maxism2: I inserted my ATM, it counted and as I stretched out to collect d cash, all I saw was d head of a snake with mouth open widely!!!!!

I rannnnnnnn and left my ATM card oooo

Lmao..pls tell me this isn't true.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by leofab(f): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2014
14teenK: there are stil oda alternatives
ways like?
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by TracyBela: 2:42am On Dec 20, 2015
i just want to share my experience with everyone. I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking guy called Edwin Benson. he is really good at what he is doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist. They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions. Hoping and praying it was not a scam. One week later i received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $3000. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $28000 without any stress of being caught. I don't know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank Atm has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address benson.blankatmcard@gmail.com . And I believe they will also Change your Life

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. / China Demands Dry Yam From Nigeria, Yam Exportation Begins July 2017 / How To Get The Perfect Startup Business Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.