Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,710 members, 7,882,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:25 AM

Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. (2112 Views)

The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Dbestmax(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2014
If u call yourself an Atheists defend yourself here by letting us know what you believe in since you believe there is no God... #Ymodulus and #Mizmycoli
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by MizMyColi(f): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2014
Dbestmax: If u call yourself an Atheists defend yourself here by letting us know what you believe in since you believe there is no God... #Ymodulus and #Mizmycoli

Lolzzz
I'm honoring this mention because, I believe there are people who'd like to know exactly what I believe.

For My Buddies Who Wander Exactly Which Religion I Follow grin

I am by Jim Palmer

I am…

An Inclusivist
I believe all of life is sacred, every human being is beautiful, and each moment matters.

An Atheist
I don’t believe in a “God” whose love and acceptance is conditional, or who advocates fear, shame, oppression, injustice, ignorance, repression or hatred.

An Agnostic
There is twice as much that I don’t know, than I do know. The mystery of it all cannot be cloaked in certainty.

A Student of Jesus
I want to be courageously human, a powerful expression of love, acceptance, peace, beauty, goodness, freedom and compassion in this world, and live without separation from myself, God, others and life… as I see Jesus did.

A Possibilitarian
I believe in the possibility of humankind awakening to our profound interconnectedness, and the possibilities of the power of love to transform our world.

Mizmycoli
Life and Love is my Religion.
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by asalimpo(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2014
^^^
you ar a confused soul.
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by naturally: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2014
Okay o, just dey observe
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Dbestmax(m): 10:52am On Sep 29, 2014
asalimpo: ^^^
you ar a confused soul.
Its about belief...Respect that and call nobody a confused soul cos even u can't be so right
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by MizMyColi(f): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2014
asalimpo: ^^^
you ar are a confused soul.

FIXED! grin

Lolest.

You might be right Y'know.

But for what it's worth, I've never felt better and more at peace in my two and a half decades of existence.

So, here, I'm making a toast to confusion:

Thank you confused soul of mine
For the peace and enlightenment you give me.
For so filling me with life, love and compassion to, and for the world around me.
Oh, confused soul.
Thank you for giving me amazing atheist friends in xcapist, apatheist and Ymodulus.
For giving me a christian friend in Tallesty and an e-husband in Airborne.
I love you confusion cheesy
Keep confusing me in the way you've started kiss

cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by logicboy01: 10:58am On Sep 29, 2014
MizMycoli has said it all wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by pesty100(m): 11:00am On Sep 29, 2014
Dbestmax: If u call yourself an Atheists defend yourself here by letting us know what you believe in since you believe there is no God... #Ymodulus and #Mizmycoli
you said atheist believe there is no God, then you go on to ask what atheist believe in: simply atheist believes in no God. I don't know what u want more than that

6 Likes

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Dbestmax(m): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2014
pesty100: you said atheist believe there is no God, then you go on to ask what atheist believe in: simply atheist believes in no God. I don't know what u want more than that
Read meaning into wat u say friend..Every1 has a reazon for wat dey believe in nd y...and dats wat I seek...it dosnt jst end in not believing in God den wat do they believe in....
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by pesty100(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2014
Dbestmax:
Read meaning into wat u say friend..Every1 has a reazon for wat dey believe in nd y...and dats wat I seek...it dosnt jst end in not believing in God den wat do they believe in....
reread what you wrote that I quoted
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Dbestmax(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lolzzz
I'm honoring this mention because, I believe there are people who'd like to know exactly what I believe.

U can't just tell me life and love is your Religion...Love is something we all learn to do..Life is the 1 desame supreme being u refuse to accept gave to u...according to your belief now where does your life come from
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by MizMyColi(f): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2014

“Once in awhile it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way that they have been told to.” – Alan Keightley

2 Likes

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by finofaya: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2014
Your question does not follow, bro. It is the same as asking "what do you believe in since you don't believe in santa claus?".

I don't believe in God, end of story. You don't believe in santa, end of story.

Non belief in God is counter intuitive and it probably appalls you, but these are not reasons why you should believe in God. If you can overcome the shock, its easy to see how God is improbable.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by MizMyColi(f): 11:22am On Sep 29, 2014
Dbestmax:
U can't just tell me life and love is your Religion...Love is something we all learn to do..Life is the 1 desame supreme being u refuse to accept gave to u...according to your belief now where does your life come from

Lolest

If it makes more sense to you, I'd say God gave me life.

But then, come to think of it, how am I supposed to know exactly where my life comes from, where exactly does all life come from.

I believe there's a creator, but how much do we even know about this creator?
Apart from the bible and those voices in our head, how do we get to know this creator, like really believe in Him because we see and hear him?

Eiiishhhhhhh, I'm confused already cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Look Hun.

I believe in the creator, but I like to think of myself as religionless.
My beliefs are still evolving wink

3 Likes

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Ymodulus: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2014
[size=24pt]So what do you believe in?[/size]

I believe in many things. I believe in the potential of humanity, in the power of reason, in the comfort of love, and in the value of truth. I also believe in the beauty and joy of human experience, and the nearly unlimited power of the human will to endure almost any hardship or solve almost any problem.

I believe that faith can mislead people into falsehood, and that we need reason and doubt as necessary checks against our capacity for error. I believe that we need to allow our fellow human beings to make choices for themselves and to live the life they wish to, in mutual peace and goodwill.

I believe that political negotiation and compromise -- fuelled by an honest measure of respect for different opinions, beliefs and lifestyles -- is the only way the world will find universal peace and goodwill, and that using the scientific method is the only way the world can arrive at an agreement on the truth about anything.

I believe that it is better to preach the gospel of "be good to your fellow man, and love each other as life itself," than to preach the gospel of "believe in our religion or be damned." For it is better to be good to each other and to build on what we all agree to be true, than to insist that we all think alike.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Ymodulus: 11:27am On Sep 29, 2014
[size=14pt]I have looked all over the world, and I see Buddhists are mostly in Asia, Hindus mostly in India, Muslims mostly in the Middle East, and Christians mostly in the West. The idea of god, and all the assumptions of our respective religions, are taught to us as children. That Americans are mostly Christian is more likely the result of Christianity being taught there, and not the result of that religion actually being true or superior to any other.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Dbestmax(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lolest

If it makes more sense to you, I'd say God gave me life.

But then, come to think of it, how am I supposed to know exactly where my life comes from, where exactly does all life come from.

I believe there's a creator, but how much do we even know about this creator?
Apart from the bible and those voices in our head, how do we get to know this creator, like really believe in Him because we see and hear him?

Eiiishhhhhhh, I'm confused already cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Look Hun.

I believe in the creator, but I like to think of myself as religionless.
My beliefs are still evolving wink
Lol...look @ dat...you belive God created you but you don't think its owk to pay alleigance to him....am rada confused than convinced...Hmmm...And so ur belief will keep evolving ...mayb jst lik homoHabilis to Homo sapiens(endpoint)then I can see a reason for atheism...still not convinced
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Macelliot(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2014
I am fed up with all these atheists.
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by MizMyColi(f): 11:51am On Sep 29, 2014
Dbestmax:
Lol...look @ dat...you belive God created you but you don't think its owk to pay alleigance to him....am rada confused than convinced...Hmmm...And so ur belief will keep evolving ...mayb jst lik homoHabilis to Homo sapiens(endpoint)then I can see a reason for atheism...still not convinced

That's not my job.
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Ymodulus: 11:58am On Sep 29, 2014
Macelliot: I am fed up with all these atheists.

You don't have too. Atheist are very receptive set of people.

We don't insult people or believe in moral because of a supreme creator.

I personally I dislike the kind of people who hurt me or lie to me or who are insincere or inconsiderate. Thus, if I were to be like such people, I could not escape disliking myself. I could never do something that would make me the sort of person I hate, because I could never be truly happy if I hated myself, no matter how hard I tried to rationalize what I have done. But this also means that to truly like myself, and thus to be truly happy, I must be the sort of person I really like, and I like people who are honest and principled and who care about others. So I strive to be like the sort of person I see to be good. I have also found that virtue earns stronger and fonder friendships, and secures the trust of my neighbors, and both of these things are essential to living a good, full life.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Jameselias: 11:58am On Sep 29, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lolzzz

then my broda u are a mystic like me 4 all u are i am and all i am u are peace
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by chibwike(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2014
I believe we all here are old and matured enough, to know wats gud and wats bad, to know what favours us and gives of peace of mind, and what doesn't. So if its atheism that gives you happiness and fufilment, good for you, and if u believe that God created you and he has been your source of joy and peace of mind, better for you. But lets not forget to keep our believes to ourselves and stop opening nonsense threads, analysing what we know nothing about.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Ymodulus: 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
Macelliot

In essence please do not show hatred because one does not side your beliefs. Do not hate atheist love them. They are friendly loving people.

People who care because they do not because they have a supreme being who mandates them too.

Rest my case.

Signed: Ymodulus (m)
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Ymodulus: 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
chibwike: I believe we all here are old and matured enough, to know wats gud and wats bad, to know was favours us and give of peace of mind, and what doesn't. So if its atheism that gives you happiness and fufilment good for you, and if u believe that God created you and he has been your source of joy and peace of mind, better for you. But lets not forget to keep our believes to ourselves and stop opening nonsense threads, analysing what we know nothing about.

From your reply I know you are christian. Sir why go angry over this??

Calm down the thread is an eye opener. I will believe the Christians are the one arguing over what they know and not.
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Macelliot(m): 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ymodulus: Macelliot

In essence please do not show hatred because one does not side your beliefs. Do not hate atheist love them. They are friendly loving people.

People who care because they do not because they have a supreme being who mandates them too.

Rest my case.

Signed: Ymodulus (m)
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Macelliot(m): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ymodulus

I don't hate them. Rather, I am fed up with their tiredless and pointless arguement.
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Ymodulus: 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
Macelliot: Ymodulus

I don't hate them. Rather, I am fed up with their tiredless and pointless arguement.

What argument? We only debate not argue. And they are not pointless but point filled
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Dbestmax(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
MizMyColi:

That's not my job.
Lol...hmmm...Then U need to go back to your first Love....And seek forgiveness for u've gone astray
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Dbestmax(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
chibwike: I believe we all here are old and matured enough, to know wats gud and wats bad, to know what favours us and gives of peace of mind, and what doesn't. So if its atheism that gives you happiness and fufilment, good for you, and if u believe that God created you and he has been your source of joy and peace of mind, better for you. But lets not forget to keep our believes to ourselves and stop opening nonsense threads, analysing what we know nothing about.
Initially u wia making sense buh ur last words mared ur sayings...so u don't kia to knw anytin about ur belief...1 quesiton for u brother....

Assuming u're a Hindu and u get married tomorrow..
And ur first daughter hu was jst taught about Religion in Social studies comes home and asks you..
"Daddy why are we Hindus"...what wud be your reply
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by chibwike(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ymodulus: [size=18pt]So what do you believe in?[/size]

I believe in many things. I believe in the potential of humanity, in the power of reason, in the comfort of love, and in the value of truth. I also believe in the beauty and joy of human experience, and the nearly unlimited power of the human will to endure almost any hardship or solve almost any problem.

I believe that faith can mislead people into falsehood, and that we need reason and doubt as necessary checks against our capacity for error. I believe that we need to allow our fellow human beings to make choices for themselves and to live the life they wish to, in mutual peace and goodwill.

I believe that political negotiation and compromise -- fuelled by an honest measure of respect for different opinions, beliefs and lifestyles -- is the only way the world will find universal peace and goodwill, and that using the scientific method is the only way the world can arrive at an agreement on the truth about anything.

I believe that it is better to preach the gospel of "be good to your fellow man, and love each other as life itself," than to preach the gospel of "believe in our religion or be damned." For it is better to be good to each other and to build on what we all agree to be true, than to insist that we all think alike.
whats the difference between believing in God, and believing in religion, hope u knw they re two diff tinz.
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by chibwike(m): 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Dbestmax:
Initially u wia making sense buh ur last words mared ur sayings...so u don't kia to knw anytin about ur belief...1 quesiton for u brother....

Assuming u're a Hindu and u get married tomorrow..
And ur first daughter hu was jst taught about Religion in Social studies comes home and asks you..
"Daddy why are we Hindus"...what wud be your reply
am not saying i dont care to know bout my believe, am just saying that we shud stop condeming some religion or God or even atheism coz we dont believe in it..just keep ur believe to ur self...and dont give me any reason why i shud serve God or why i shud belive in science...coz we end up saying the same thing everyday
Re: Atheists In Nairaland "Defend Your Belief".. by Ymodulus: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
chibwike: whats the difference between believing in God, and believing in religion, hope u knw they re two diff tinz.

I never said I believe in religion of God did I?

Or sorry please am not getting your question

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans / RCCG Set To Complete First Multi-million Amusement Park For Children / My Testimony: My Journey To Spiritual Awakening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.