Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,793 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:14 PM

Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State (4579 Views)

Chris Ngige's Masquerade At His Father's Burial Today - Photos / Uk: Muslims Attack Convert From Islam To Christianity With Pickaxe / What Prophet Muhammad Said About Religious Extremism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by enomakos(m): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote
author=lanrexdo]Did you read the news at all..Freedom of religion is
what is is called. why would the Egungun in the first place try and stop
the muslim congreation from doing there thing jeje. Do you even know
what is called Egungun in this upstate yoruba land? [/quote]

my brother i read the news well and i know what an egungun is

must them attack?

one thing with muslims is they can't tolerant other religion

1 Like

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Akanbiedu:

You are the fhool here. This is the guy's quote again

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." — Blaise Pascal

This was your response to murder of another human being

In other words, you just justified the extra-judicial killing of another human being based on your religious conviction - which is in perfect consonance with the quote. This is even in a situation where traditionalists are in minority, what if they were majority. You are no different from Boko haram my friend.

Where's the religious conviction? Upon the fact that traditionalists are the minority can't muslims and Christian leave us alone?
We own the land, we own our culture, our traditions and Egungun celebrations in honour of the ancestors didn't start today, it over 3000yrs

The man in question went against the traditions of the egungun, which is part of customary laws of Nigeria...and by that law he is to pay with his life

Take the case to any court

2 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by enomakos(m): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
macof:

Why should the muslims disrupt the traditions of the town?? funny thing
is most of those idiiot muslims would nt be indigenes of Iwo

There's two scenarios here
1. The Arab slaves knew about the Egungun festival weeks ago like every
other person in Iwo, but wanted to disrupt it by fixing their program
at that time and refusing to end it when told in order to bring up a
fight
As we know Arab slaves are pedoophiles and killers

2. They are not native to Iwo, they came from another town and don't
know about Iwo's egungun festival... more reasons they can't dictate to
sons of the land as slave foreigners
Ignorance is no excuse, The Priests of Iwo have announced the date of
the festival weeks ago, in some Towns the dates are fixed as the same
every year(not sure if this is the case for Iwo)

Egungun is a sacred masquerade in honor of the ancestors...it is said to
draw the spirits of our ancestors into itself.

thanks you,that what i was trying to tell him

2 Likes

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by macof(m): 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
enomakos:

my brother i read the news well and i know what an egungun is

must them attack?

one thing with muslims is they can't tolerant other religion

True.

We see here that the muslims attacked...egungun people didn't

Muslims in the state of Osun(our dear goddess) are potential terrorists

1 Like

Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by enomakos(m): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
macof:

True.

We see here that the muslims attacked...egungun people didn't

Muslims in the state of Osun(our dear goddess) are potential terrorists

you are right
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by unshakablejihad: 8:00am On Nov 21, 2021
cc
Re: Religious Extremism: Kamarudeen Muslims Attack Masquerade In Iwo, Osun State by unshakablejihad: 8:01am On Nov 21, 2021
cc chai

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari "Snubs' Tinubu, Call Upon Jonathan, Others On Ministerial Appointments / BIAFRA: A Facebook Post By An Ibo And How People Reacted (screenshots) / Addressing The Prevailing Ignorance Between The Igbo's And Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.