Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,273 members, 7,934,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:02 PM

Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles (20934 Views)

FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Onigbinde Writes Keshi, Asks Him To Quit Super-Eagles Job / Keshi Resigns & Yobo Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Kaymercury(m): 5:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Make em quit if want jare.beta player dey 4 9ja.sey na only u waka come?
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Sunnycliff(m): 5:29am On Oct 02, 2014
Eating The humble pie
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by askakim(m): 5:31am On Oct 02, 2014
If Emenaike, Onazi and Enyeama are off the team, I don't see us going to the Nations Cup... Keshi is been not mature the way he treat this player... He should be more interested in how to bring out the best Mikel Obi..

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Akeem79(m): 5:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Who bi Keshi Abeg park well make person do some pee ... grin

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 02, 2014
This is just one of the result u get wen an incompetent coach is at d helm of affairs. A coach dats largely heady, sentimental and biased like keshi is bound to keep his best players out. How many examples of bad relationships wit his players av we witnessed frm Osaze to d Uche bodas to Haruna to martins to iheanacho nd now emenike(whose saving grace is becos he is d 9). If dis latest info is anytin to go by, it means dat d players presently on parade are invited based on who- know-who and not fitness.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by englishmart(m): 5:50am On Oct 02, 2014
Soldiers go, soldiers come.
Barracks remain untouched.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by englishmart(m): 5:54am On Oct 02, 2014
Now, the topic is misleading
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by kingthreat(m): 5:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Keshi is a coach with too much ego and too little tactics.

2 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by akoaki(m): 6:00am On Oct 02, 2014
Nigeria has more problems than football. Why are we wasting so much resources on sports, especially football when most Nigerians are hungry. For now, and in the next 5 years, governments (federal, state and local ) in this country should hand off all sporting activities and use the money to feed Nigerians. The sport industry should be left for the private sector. As for keshi and his players, let the private sector/ sponsors handle them. Afterall there hasn't been any direct benefits to Nigerians from their past activities. For now, we need more food and other basic needs, not football. I'm sorry if anyone is offended.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Elnino4ladies: 6:05am On Oct 02, 2014
The motherfvcker shld jst quit, no body give a fvck. Striker that is on goal drought for twelve matches..let him go abegi!

3 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by ratiken(m): 6:29am On Oct 02, 2014
Crap!!!
Why are these players too quick to jump to the media with complaints? how many times have they complained about their club managers or they want to make us believe its always been smooth sails at their clubs. This has to STOP.
We as Nigerians need to stop patronizing them, no one is perfect ...... people should learn how to work with each other.

3 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by onatisi(m): 6:42am On Oct 02, 2014
otokx: Emenike has made some points there; Keshi should have left the team after the world cup. Now he is in danger of being disgraced.
keshi seems to be making more enemies faster than he is making friends and the sour part is the people he is having issues with are those who can help his job as the super eagles coach,from the glass house to the team ,many people want to see his back .keshi should be very careful and I believed he should have left the eagles not after the last nations cup but after the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by bigtt76(f): 6:46am On Oct 02, 2014
Instead wey you for sort Keshi you go de buy land ....see yourself now? tongue
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Joniboi(m): 6:56am On Oct 02, 2014
hopelink1: thank GOd we have ideye
what can he offer?
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Samuel124(m): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2014
http:///k95t6ab Hello goodday to u all my fellows, i have found a great news for you, I just found the best site for match making,jokes,educations and mostly u can be connected to your old time friends and you can also enjoy free airtime when you join,and connect with students. i have tried the website and its working. Just visit this link http:///o5g6nmq
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by omokab: 7:11am On Oct 02, 2014
The question we should ask ourself is that,why keshi always have proplem with his players especially a delivery attackers like ik uche and others?But you will never hear of him having proplem with a player like slow mikel who always deliver less than expectation.Keshi was known as a sturborn player when he was in super eagle and alloW to play.As yoruba will say"igi eyi odara oyonina,ikeji odara otun yonina,igbawo ni onje to gbekanna mato jina.that is if you are changing all the fire wood to cook your food constantly when do you think your food will be done.when do you think yu will start to have a good result which has started from this AFC qualifier.mr keshi better change now before it will be late for you.and remmber one thing "THE NFF" ..........

2 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by 30pence: 7:39am On Oct 02, 2014
Aelusive: Fenerbahce star, Emmanuel Emenike has told AfricanFootball.com he is prepared to stay
out of the Super Eagles if coach Stephen Keshi believed he is the problem of the team.

Keshi has been quoted as saying he is unhappy with the AFCON 2013 top scorer, who he
sensationally benched in last month’s AFCON qualifier against Congo in Calabar.

However, Emenike says he has utmost respect for Keshi.

“I have always treated Keshi like a father, and he has always lived in my heart to be a good
father. Before now, we have been enjoying a smooth relationship and I see no reason why
he should be holding grudges against me.”

“Keshi is a good coach, a coach with high pedigree. I give him all the respect I can give my
father whenever I come for a national assignment.

“Everything changed after the Nations Cup, everything about him towards me changed and
I decided to stay on my own,” he further revealed.

“But I am very surprised by what he said that he and some players in the Eagles are not
happy with me. Over what?

“I don’t want Nigerians to see me as being proud or arrogant, but if the coach thought
inviting me to his team will not bring result or peace to the team, he can let me be.

“I have maintained a solid relationship to avoid quarreling with him, but if my invitation to
play for Nigeria does not stand for peace, I will like to stay focused with my club,” Emenike
said.

He added: “I have always loved to give my best for Nigeria and I always make it known that
I can always fight to score goals for my country and I will not like coach Keshi to let
Nigerians see me as an indisciplined player who is not ready to give them my best again.

“My Super Eagles career is as important as my club career. Coming to play for Nigeria was
the biggest decision I have ever made in my life. And I appreciate the way the fans have
been striving hard to cheer me up whenever I push for goal.”

He stated that: “I have never seen the Super Eagles camp as my father’s house, it’s a
temporary place for everybody, and why should we be making problems for ourselves? he
asked.

“If Keshi thought inviting me is a problem to his selection or the team, I will prefer to stay
back and maintain my big respect for him”.

Source: Nigerian Tribune

Am yet to hear Keshi criticize Mikel.
Wen he does, i'll start seeing substance in what he says.
Mtchewwww...
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Franchise21(m): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2014
Beginning to loose ma confidence in Keshi
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by msmon(m): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2014
I don't mind what people will say here, Emenike is one of the most important player in that team and I honestly don't understand why he get such criticism.

If Stephen 'Koshi' could be celebrating Mikel ''Slowbie' ahead of other players in that team raises alarm.

This is happening at a moment all hand suppose to be on deck, all this will do nothing good to the team aside havoc and it will reck the team spirit and group cohesiveness.

I will urge Emenike to forget anything said against in the interest of the team and the over 170million Nigerians.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Chubhie: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2014
seunlayi: I m expecting Mikel to say this not you Emmanuel
Mikel and keshi are like bread and butter while, emenike and Mikel are both nursing secret matured grudges against each other if Keshi is a politician, he ought to know how to play the politics and get the best from his players. Keshi on a first glance doesn't look the coach that can inspire me to bleed playing for him. I remember when I played for coach Chike and he made it known to me in clear terms that I'm his assassin and my play is only fit for Europe hence one of the finesse of italian defenders of old. That sets my mindset rolling and I see each game as war. Mourinho is the only coach that have resonated with me hence, I follow him to which ever club he goes. We need a Bonfre jo in super eagles.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by watchindelta(m): 7:57am On Oct 02, 2014
pride dey fall man codely.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by msmon(m): 7:58am On Oct 02, 2014
Chubhie: Mikel and keshi are like bread and butter while, emenike and Mikel are both nursing secret matured grudges against each other if Keshi is a politician, he ought to know how to play the politics and get the best from his players. Keshi on a first glance doesn't look the coach that can inspire me to bleed playing for him. I remember when I played for coach Chike and he made it known to me in clear terms that I'm his assassin and my play is only fit for Europe hence one of the finesse of italian defenders of old. That sets my mindset rolling and I see each game as war. Mourinho is the only coach that have resonated with me hence, I follow him to which ever club he goes. We need a Bonfre jo in super eagles.

Good comment and incredible signature, if I have to chose between both, I will opt for your signature.

2 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Bigzig(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2014
Who cares? because i'm not worried.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by dabossman(m): 8:02am On Oct 02, 2014
It's like these days a coach can't comment on his players below par performance. When the coach heaps praises on his team and gives them credit for a good performance, it is all well and dandy. Complain about their loss of form or indiscipline and they take it as personal affront to their person.

You guys need to sit up and perform on the pitch. We are not concerned about your petty squabbles with your coach. Jeez! Too many average, under-performing players whining these days. If they are not quarreling with Amodu, it is Lagerback, Siasia or Keshi. You guys ain't Ronaldo or Messi for heavens sake. angry

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by henryify2004(m): 8:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Keshi don't even know good players as a coach so don't be surprised when he dump mikel , Vicente ,and even his assistance foolishness
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by Kirinwa: 8:08am On Oct 02, 2014
If Emenike actually said that then he's mature.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by PastorOluT(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2014
So nobody is seeing what Keshi is doing to football in this nation?

I guess people will understand when we do not qualify for this nation cup, and subsequent ones qualifying will be a great achievement when he is not sacked.
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by dabossman(m): 8:26am On Oct 02, 2014
ratiken: Crap!!!
Why are these players too quick to jump to the media with complaints? how many times have they complained about their club managers or they want to make us believe its always been smooth sails at their clubs. This has to STOP.
We as Nigerians need to stop patronizing them, no one is perfect ...... people should learn how to work with each other.

My sentiments exactly. We are all complaining about Keshi today, but it was the same with Amodu, the same with Eguaveon, Lagerback and Siasia. We all keep blaming the coaches all the time; calling them proud, egoistic and bad man-managers. What about the attitude of the players to national team duty? Our players seem to have over-sized egos. Probably because we praise and pamper their under-performing a$$es too much. The same Keshi that plays you constantly through qualifiers to the World Cup. now decides not to start you for one game because you were late to camp and now he is a bad person.

Get over yourself dude. The last goal you scored for the team was in friggin' 2013 against Ethiopia and you expect the coach to smile at you?
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by onatisi(m): 8:29am On Oct 02, 2014
PastorOluT: So nobody is seeing what Keshi is doing to football in this nation?

I guess people will understand when we do not qualify for this nation cup, and subsequent ones qualifying will be a great achievement when he is not sacked.
it is obvious that members of the nff don't want keshi anymore , now some member or players in his team too are not on good terms with him . And I am sure that there will be many more players in the super eagles team that doesn't like keshi . There is a problem somewhere and we can't keep on ignoring the fact that keshi public relations isn't very good . I don't think the nff will renew his contract,they may likely use the scarcity of funds or make a clause that unless he qualifies for the next nations cup they won't sign him .keshi is fast losing the goodwill he once enjoyed
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by abatically(m): 8:32am On Oct 02, 2014
Elnino4ladies: The motherfvcker shld jst quit, no body give a fvck. Striker that is on goal drought for twelve matches..let him go abegi!

Only u reason here. That dude has dropped form since afcon success. Now he feels he is big and he's even no longer a team player, shooting when he should have passed and making a useless run when he should shoot.

No doubt he had a good afcon and won the heart of many Nigerians, but since he came back he has been poo really. Even at the world cup, his body language towards players like Ramon azeez and babatunde shows he is very proud and thinks the team is all about him. Our opening game against Iran is a good example. That evil look on azeez when he misplaced a pass. And then he had an argument with babatunde and others in subsequent matches. Abeg make him quit if he want. Terrific player but bad attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by saobobo80: 8:42am On Oct 02, 2014
Begonia: That's what true fans do. They support.. I think the problem of the team is Keshi himself. should take a walk!

EDITED: op, why didn't you put the full story before? So it was actually Keshi he was referring to. I'm not surprised. Keshi is so bad at managing his players. He's always having problems with one player or the other. NFF had better do something about this egomaniac. Osaze, IK Uche, now Emenike. The problem is obviously Keshi not the players!
Re: Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles by onatisi(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2014
abatically:

Only u reason here. That dude has dropped form since afcon success. Now he feels he is big and he's even no longer a team player, shooting when he should have passed and making a useless run when he should shoot.

No doubt he had a good afcon and won the heart of many Nigerians, but since he came back he has been poo really. Even at the world cup, his body language towards players like Ramon azeez and babatunde shows he is very proud and thinks the team is all about him. Our opening game against Iran is a good example. That evil look on azeez when he misplaced a pass. And then he had an argument with babatunde and others in subsequent matches. Abeg make him quit if he want. Terrific player but bad attitude.
ideye is bad,emenike is bad ,osaze is bad ,ike uche is bad,etc. They are all bad and keshi is the only good one ,abi? Issues keep coming up on a regular basis and instead of looking and holding the manager responsible we complain about the players . Space will not permit me here to refresh ur memory about keshi playing days,those were days keshi arrives matches on match days and take the team list from paul hamilton and decides who plays .we must know that since his playing days keshi has always had an attitude problem , he had the same problem with togo and mali . He is always fighting his players and his employers . Whether emenike is good or not,keshi shouldn't have made those comments he made , I am sure many experienced national coaches won't make comments like that . Keshi should know that the eagles team is his football family and whatever happens among them should be kept withing themselves and not exposed to everyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers United FC Players Arrive Madrid In Spain For Final Pre-season Preparation / Worst Day Of My Life — Super Eagles Midfielder, John Ogu As His Mum Dies / Sparta Rotterdam Celebrate Okoye’s Clean Sheet After Eagles Draw Vs Sierra Leone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.