Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,298 members, 7,887,885 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:45 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1241489 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
They are powering the street lights in that axis too? Please nwanne check your mail.

Yeske2:
Limca road

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
Yeske2:
@mylove1, I'll get you pix of government institutions and those of missions, Obi tried, no doubt but he had this streak of bigotry in him. Hopefully, Obiano wouldn't fall for it too .
Evidence??

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by eaglechild: 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Myluv1:

There is nothing like being too religious, it is rather being realistic and practical.
Here's a quote from an article:

And that was what happened last Friday when Obiano doled out the sum of N1.9billion to mission schools in the state for the 2014 UBE projects- N433 million Catholic and N300 to the Anglican while N1.082 billion is in the custody of Anambra State UBE Board for funding public primary and junior secondary education.
Governor Obiano said the fund allocated to each mission was based on the number of schools that government had returned to them. He confirmed that funds released to the Church by his predecessor were judiciously utilized which encouraged his administration to sustain the policy.

Continue..
I absolutely love your analysis.

Not only are more schools owned by the churches, they also display a much higher level of transparency in utilising the funds.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
funkybully:

Hmmm, that mosque though. Hope omata guys monitor their activities in and out of that mosque.
Massob has many base around that mosque, hausa people in that area know that without the quick intervention of army anytime there is trouble, they won't know where their soul maybe the next minute.
During election, the mosque will be lockup cos planking normally start from mosque.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
Yeske2:
Main market, forgotten the street
The road is sanniez.

Shey you see the bad state of that road and the shabby culvert the local government are constructing?
Obiano should do well and scrap this local government chairmen. They have proved to be useless. A tour around some parts of anambra you will notice they have stationed many touts and tax collectors on various road collecting money from bus drivers.

Yeske2:
@mylove1, I'll get you pix of government institutions and those of missions, Obi tried, no doubt but he had this streak of bigotry in him. Hopefully, Obiano wouldn't fall for it too .
Be careful when you get to patrick okolo primary school modebe avenue near sacred heart grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
tabletman1:
The road is sanniez.

Shey you see the bad state of that road and the shabby culvert the local government are constructing?
Obiano should do well and scrap this local government chairmen. They have proved to be useless. A tour around some parts of anambra you will notice they have stationed many touts and tax collectors on various road collecting money from bus drivers.

Be careful when you get to patrick okolo primary school modebe avenue near sacred heart grin
You're right dear. The southern part of sanniez is no longer motorable
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Borromeo roundabout Christmas trees at night

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
Streetlights along limca road, same for Awka road, Oguta road, upper iweka, old and new market roads, others.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
Myluv1:

Evidence??
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
Myluv1:

Evidence??
Wouldn't need to derail, Obi na my guy any time any day but......... . . .
Check out my older posts, I've always castigated Obi but that's for him to do more. That guy is God sent, take it or leave it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
Agulu tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
Myluv1:

Evidence??
Enter Anambra and I'd take you round.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2014
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 12:21am On Dec 04, 2014
Yeske2:
Enter Anambra and I'd take you round.
Read my previous posts concerning the sharing formula among the schools, then explain what you meant by him having a streak of bigotry in him.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 12:45am On Dec 04, 2014
Obiano Lays Foundation for $350m Inter-continental Trade in Ogbunike

In a strategic move to implement his Four Pillars of Development, Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has laid the foundational cornerstone for the proposed multi-million dollar West Africa Inter-Continental Trade Centre to be built in Ogbunike, Oyi Local Government of the state.

The proposed Trade Center is a major component of the Trade and Commerce category of Governor Obiano’s Four Pillars of Development. The other pillars are Agriculture, Industrialization and Oil and Gas. Already, Obiano has made remarkable efforts in exploiting the pillar of Agriculture; attracting over $500m investments to the sector.

On completion, the Intercontinental Trade Centre is expected to be the largest and most comprehensive commercial and entertainment complex in Africa, accommodating a large number of wholesale plazas and retail clusters, state-of-the-art residential blocks, eateries, convention centers, a boutique hotel and a motel that will all be operated by leading brands across the globe.

upload pic
Located about 7 kilometers away from the Onitsha Main Market, West Africa’s largest market, the Intercontinental Trade Center is conceived as a one-stop commercial landmark in the entire South Eastern economic block and a symbol of the entrepreneurial and commercial acumen of Ndigbo.

The Trade Center will also serve as a sanctuary of hope for all Nigerian entrepreneurs who are looking for a friendly business climate to begin their lives anew after being dislocated by the encyclical violence in the Northern parts of Nigeria and the relentless despoliation caused by Boko Haram.

Laying the foundation stone of the Trade Center, Chief Willie Obiano described the day as a historical day in the life of Anambra State. Said he; “Today marks a remarkable day in the history of our great state. It is a sure sign that our people are marching in the right direction. Recall that my administration is focused on Four Pillars. Today I am happy that we have attracted the much needed investment in the Trade and Commerce sector. This symbolic groundbreaking ceremony marks the beginning of construction works on the most modern market in Africa right here in our beloved state.”

Giving a rare insight into the equity structure of the project, Governor Obiano revealed that the state government controls 7 percent while the host community holds 2.5 percent of the equity.
According to him, “the $350m that is projected for this market is broken down as follows – $15.74bn will be expended on infrastructure, $4.9bn will be spent on providing electricity to the center while $31.8bn will go into the construction of residential areas in a new layout that takes into consideration the factory layout style of the project. My administration will do everything to make this project a resounding success,” the governor assured while appealing to all stake holders to rise to the challenge and deliver the proposed Trade Center in 42 months as projected.

Earlier in his remarks, Obiora Anyaralu, President, West Africa International Trade Center explained that it was regrettable that for ages, generations of industrialists and entrepreneurs from Anambra State had invested their resources and genius in developing virtually everywhere else but their home state.

“I do not see any reason why we should not have something that is of international standard; something that we can appeal to our brothers and sisters in Nigeria and the Diaspora to come home and invest in. We have always done our best to invest and develop other places but we have never taken the need to invest in our home state seriously. But all that has come to an end under the leadership of Governor Obiano,” the business magnate declared.

Mr Anyaralu further bemoaned the fact that Anambra businessmen and women usually build mansions in their country homes and abandon them for cockroaches, rats and reptiles to occupy because there had not been any serious planning to expand the commercial and industrial capacities of the state on a scale that would accommodate the entrepreneurial energies of the people.

“The next phase is that we will change the psyche of Ndi Anambra on the way we should live. We shall plough the sum of $350m into building mega housing estates in Anambra State to provide world class residential areas for our people who want to set up businesses and relocate their families to Anambra. The estates will be built on locations with close proximity to the Trade Center so that residents can access the Center in less than 20 minutes. When this Center is completed, it will be the only such Center in all of Africa. The only other place you can see a similar project is either Europe or America,” Mr. Anyaralu assured.

In his own remarks, the managing Director of SGN Housing and Infrastructures Limited, the funding partners, Mr. Dominic Menouh thanked Governor Obiano for having the inspiration to envision a world class market that compares only to the very best in Europe and America.
Said he: “This is a market that not only integrates the Nigerian idea of a place of commerce but a market that represents a point of gathering, a point of entertainment and a location where people can meet and socialize. Indeed it is the first time that a market of this type will be built in Nigeria and Africa.”

According to him, “this complex will not only represent a new approach to the selling of goods and services but will also be built in line with the new and green technology. The complex will not only house a large number of wholesale plazas and retail clusters but also a state-of-the-art residents, eateries, convention centers, a boutique hotel and a motel operated by leading brands. Let me congratulate Willie Obiano for his drive for modernization while still preserving the traditions of the people of this land.”

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 12:48am On Dec 04, 2014
Ana ekwu ekwu ana eme eme, back to back... No time smiley

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:28am On Dec 04, 2014
I think there's a typo' error with the conversions from dollars to naira!

A project like this should be served properly with both air and road links (hopefully the construction of rail links would be well underway by the time it's being completed), so the entire center becomes a focal point not just for the South East, but for the entire country and sub-region as well! This means someone should have a word with the Minister for works to fix all those federal roads leading to Enugu and Onitsha.......and i don't mean the usual patch-patch work they normally use for eye-service! Also, the Onitsha river port should be looked into, with any lingering issues ironed out; this would make delivery of bulk items that much easier!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:50am On Dec 04, 2014
Wow..what a mega project. Anambra shall continue to lead the pack in all spheres of real development! cool

Good a thing an International Cargo/Passenger airport is being built not too far around Otuocha to service this center. They should be fast with the concession of the Onitsha River Port..also rail line is equally important.

GOD BLESS Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:10am On Dec 04, 2014
Update: Awka massive infrastructural development. Pictures as at last month.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 7:56am On Dec 04, 2014
^^^^ I thought some people said that they are slow in constructing this awka flyover
When peter was constructing nkpor flyover, it took us almost 2 and half years to see the pillars

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 8:51am On Dec 04, 2014
Agulu tins today
stay glued

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 9:04am On Dec 04, 2014
Please the attention of the Governor should be drawn to the need to charge the Local Government Chairmen to start working. For sometime now I have observed they are still in the jamboree mode
www.nairaland.com/2028283/anambra-local-government-chairmen-should
Pls Can we appraise them on that thread
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2014
People are becoming scared of Ndi Anambra is Nigeria. This is a comment i just dug from Enugu thread, the coward was speaking tongue-in-check grin grin grin grin grin

Nedu09:
My tour at Liberty Estate.. I was astonished with what I saw...... it wasn't like 9ja. if this type of Edifice is in some of our eastern state now come see chest beaters and person no go hear word. chime is a silent achiever. A1 for you..

chaiiiii.....Ife eji abu Onye Anambra erika erika bikonu, being Onye Anambra is not a right but a priviledge. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 11:04am On Dec 04, 2014
Cuche:
Please the attention of the Governor should be drawn to the need to charge the Local Government Chairmen to start working. For sometime now I have observed they are still in the jamboree mode

Yes!we need to appraise what they have done so far. The problem we have is that people concentrate on those @ the center like presidents & governors and forget that we have local government chairmen.

Let us look at what they have done,starting from the local government that generate more income.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 11:13am On Dec 04, 2014
Cuche:
He don't need to charge them, I will like if he sent them packing because they have proved to be useless.
The touts that was created by peter obi(ndi mpiawa azu) and was sent away by obiano's security team (operation kpochapu) has return in a modified way via local government workers. You will visually see them on every streets and market, sharing small tickets even those that didn't finish primary school are writing and issuing tickets via say they are local government workers. They harass traders and drivers of big vehicle anyhow. About last month, traders who do business at sokoto road smashed the car of the onitsha south local government chairman, they almost got her lynched but was saved by vigilante group, they suspend business for that day and fought off the touts disturbing their business and even did some riot to the lg headquarter.

They breed touts and criminal, so they need to be dismissed.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:29am On Dec 04, 2014
Anambra auto-maker forces car importation down as Anambra maintains steady and wide gap ahead of the pack in all spheres of development. It feels great to be an Anambran! cool

ducii:
The nation's industrial development finance institution, Bank of Industry (BoI), has stated that it is fully convinced about the feasibility of automobile manufacturing in Nigeria and is ready to inject more funds to boost the industry.

The bank said it was impressed with Nigeria's determination to join the league of industrialised nations like Germany, Britain, United States, China, Japan with the unveiling of the first ever truly made-in-Nigeria cars by the Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company Ltd, in Nnewi, Anambra State.

The Managing Director of BoI, Mr. Rasheed Adejare Olaoluwa, said having seen the progress made by the Innoson Group in automobile manufacturing, "we are prepared to work with other serious-minded automobile manufacturers and provide financing opportunities which they can take advantage of".

Unveiling the IVM Fox hatchback and the IVM Umu saloon cars at Innoson’s Plant in Nnewi, the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga, noted that the recent Auto Policy of the federal government, which he said had dramatically reduced the volume of imported cars by 20 per cent since its introduction, made the feat possible.

“This is another milestone under President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan who insisted on positioning industrialisation and value addition at the forefront of his administration’s developmental policies and I commend Innoson for making significant investments to show that he supports our industrial policies,” he said.

He pointed out that President Jonathan had implemented policies that would diversify the country’s economy and sources of government revenue, given the fact that Nigeria has the raw materials to support industrialisation and so far the policies are yielding the desired results.
Commenting on the local content analysis done on the IVM brand vehicles by the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), which disclosed that the vehicles were made up of about 70 per cent locally-sourced contents, the minister pointed out that there was no country in the world that could boast of 100 per cent local content

“Some OEMs do only 30 per cent but today we are all here making history in Nnewi, the Japan of Africa, where we have successfully produced 70 per cent local component cars which is one of the highest and when you talk about affordability, Innoson is the cheapest,” he said.
Aganga added that other global brands like Nissan and Peugeot were driving partnerships and capacity expansion in the country’s auto sector

“As we talk of the fall of oil price, it has become critical that we cannot continue to import what we can produce here in Nigeria. We spend about $6 billion annually importing cars. However since the introduction of this policy, we have experienced a 20 per cent drop in imported cars and have exceeded expectations in a very short period,” he said.

According to Aganga, those who initially opposed the Auto Policy have decided to go into production.

“Without the political will of the president, we would have had a policy reversal with the amount of pressure that was mounted on us to drop it and we would not have been here unveiling these today,” he said.

He commended Innocent Chukwuma, the Chief Executive Officer of the Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Ltd, for possessing a can-do spirit, which has propelled the company to dizzying heights of industrial success.

“Our industries deserve infrastructural and financial support to reach their objectives and for Innoson those two critical support components came from the administration of the former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi and the Bank of Industry (BoI),” he said.

Aganga pledged federal government’s continued patronage of locally manufactured products, stressing that in passing the Auto Policy it was established that government would only buy made-in-Nigeria cars and provide the needed support for industries to excel and compete globally.

“We plan to open three auto component cluster parks in the countryand we need the governor of Anambra State (Willie Obiano) to sign an MoU and give us a piece of land and the C of O here in Nnewi and we would establish one of the three cluster parks here,” he said.

Making his remarks, Olaoluwa expressed the delight of the development bank in witnessing the historic event.

“In Nigeria today, there are many companies that are into the assembly of cars but today for the first time, we are actually manufacturing cars. The Nigerian Industrial Revolution Plan (NIRP) is beginning to bear fruits in the key areas of competitive and comparative advantages, where we can drive growth and development in the economy," Olaoluwa said.

He noted that Innoson is an exemplary customer of the bank, adding that this was the beginning of more good things to come from the Bank’s partnership with the company.

Also, President of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Ademola Olorunfemi, disclosed that a few years ago when the body paid a visit to the vehicle plant, they were given an IVM bus to carry out a product analysis on it.

“We did observe that being an effort in the right direction, more needed to be done to introduce more local content into it and more.

"Today, within two years Innoson has improved on all our recommendations and increased the vehicles' local content up to 70 per cent which is not less than what is obtainable elsewhere in the world,” he said.

He said the Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Ltd had been granted permit by NSE to use its seal, while the CEO, Chukwuma, would be inducted into the NSE hall of fame, making him the 19th person in over 60 years of the body’s existence to be so highly honoured.

He urged President Jonathan to muster all the political will at his disposal to mandate the use of only made-in-Nigeria cars by all MDAs.
Representing the Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, his Deputy Nkem Okeke commended the Innoson group for its developmental strides, value addition and job creation.

“It is not only through trade that a nation can develop, but through the conversion of our local raw materials into finished products. Therefore we will continue to support Innoson and other well-meaning industrialists,” he said.

Okeke stressed that the only way a company like Innoson can develop is when the nation buys the products of local manufacturers.

“I thank BoI and I hope that what they have done for Innoson will be extended to other industries from this state in our quest to provide jobs for our citizens,” he said.

In his remarks, Chairman of the occasion and National President of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Dr. Frank Jacobs, noted that the feat of achieving the production of made-in-Nigeria cars was attained despite the challenging business environment which manufacturers are facing in the country.

“It is a testimony that the federal government’s Auto Policy is working. The automobile industry bill has not yet been passed by the National Assembly and we are all expecting that it will be done soon enough,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boi-pledges-more-investment-as-vehicle-importation-dips-by-20-/195685/

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2014
Local govts in Nigeria is a Total failure,but in Anambra-State is a Disaster!.Lets look at a local govt like Idemili North.This Local govt Makes equal or more money than Local govts in Onitsha , but inspite of this, there is nothing to show for all these money made. Please you need to go to some of the layout in Idemili Like Ugwuagba,Awada etc & see the bad state of inner roads & Ugly environment people are living in!. Please go to Ugwuagba Motor spare parts Market & see how dirty the place is!. If you want I will post the pictures for you to judge for yourselves!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
I dnt want to debate this issue further, Anambra have the worst local government administrators in this world, i hate talking or remembering them in my topics.

Pls how can we get a comprehensive and expansive skylines of Awada and Nkpor.

Who can finance this project by.

1.Hire a pro or semi photographer with a DSLR camera that can cover wider perspective with good depth of field, look for a strategically located building in Awada and capture the neighbourhood from the rooftop.

We need things like this because am tired of anyday visitor or i Google Onitsha or Anambra State we will be greeted by seeing gory images of dead people, poor drainages, bad roads and accident victims.

Can we get our Ministry of Informtion or Tourism to start this, we need these beautiful skylines of our marvellous cities, nobody in Nigeria can challenge us in having the best and mostly highrise neigbourhoods line one of the other in a neatly arranged pattern.

Please how can we make it happen.

Get a pro photographer, look for a strategic building with a bird eyeview of the city....

Lights....

Camera....

Action.....

Investnow2013, schematic, 3dankey, myluv1, odenigboaroli,

investnow2013:
Local govts in Nigeria is a Total failure,but in Anambra-State is a Disaster!.Lets look at a local govt like Idemili North.This Local govt Makes equal or more money than Local govts in Onitsha , but inspite of this, there is nothing to show for all these money made. Please you need to go to some of the layout in Idemili Like Ugwuagba,Awada etc & see the bad state of inner roads & Ugly environment people are living in!. Please go to Ugwuagba Motor spare parts Market & see how dirty the place is!. If you want I will post the pictures for you to judge for yourselves!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4thsense: 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
Myluv1:
Ana ekwu ekwu ana eme eme, back to back... No time smiley

@ Myluv1, OreMi, Investnow, Please i need to speak with you guys...I and my friends are interested in investing in properties and some other opportunities especially in these upcoming areas like new state capital site, malls, etc. There are a lot more we would like to know....please send me your e-mail or phone numbers on thebusinessedgedc@gmail.com

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 4thsense: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
Yeske2:
If you can't get the phone or it's accessories here, it's not been manufactured.

You are right, I managed a brand "BulkGSM" for 8 months in 2004-2005, gave the Osel, Remglory and others a tough competition.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
4thsense:

@ Myluv1, OreMi, Investnow, Please i need to speak with you guys...I and my friends are interested in investing in properties and some other opportunities especially in these upcoming areas like new state capital site, malls, etc. There are a lot more we would like to know....please send me your e-mail or phone numbers on solutionboxx@gmail.com.

Thank you.
My friend if you want to invest in Anambra state google Anambra investment management to guide you, please don't play prank here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.