Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,505 members, 7,898,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 AM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (66469 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Emessy(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
Gloria3389:

first... ogun.,Islam,Christianity are all religion so comparing them is no mistake
second....I said controversial Christmas...I know y I made that statement... simple..
You see ,Please do not be hypocritical in your dealings )with religious issues , In your post you compared the sacrificing of ram like Abraham did(bible, Qur'an and the torah) to the sacrifice of a dog for ogun , you also implied that the way we slaughter is same as that of the idol worshipers ,And also If you really do know Islam as you boast, you will know that Allah has made animals slaughtered by Christians and Jews(According to their scriptures) pure to us and edible, so we have no reason to reject your food , but when it comes to christmas, a muslim has all rights to reject it because even you are also confused about it ,you do not know the truth about what you are celebrating ,
Bye

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
Oklander:

To answer you: God told us to sacrifice. We honour God command to sacrifice, we celebrate
in commemoration of Ibraham's sacrifice. The animal is faced in one direction by all Muslims in the world, same direction Muslims face when they pray and God has told us that facing any direction at all doesn't signify righteousness, it is killed by saying in the name of God, what is idolatry all this? Your ignorance! No?

Pretty sure I have answered you, without listing out the idolatry acts of you xtians of which I have no interest, I believe you alrdy know them. And of course, "everyone to his believe", even the Quran says that.
1.I'm not here for religion argument
2. the two religion can never agree
3. I'm not ignorant of all the rites
4. everyone is entitled to his or her belief so barka de sallah.... the blessings entitled to the celebration shall be yours.... enjoy your ileya till tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Ovacoma: 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 16 vs 25.
Jesus wept cry . John 11 vs 35. How hast a single man decieve many?
The man behind all dese is described in Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen fom heaven o LUCIFER, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations. For thou art said in thine heart, i will ascend into heaven, i will exalt my throne above the stars of God: i will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the side of the north: i will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I WILL BE LIKE MOST HIGH. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shalt narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; that made the world as wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by CANTICLES: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
Midastorch:

For your information, God never intended to use Isaac for the sacrifice, he just wanted to test Abraham's faith.someone that has only one child and you asked him to come and sacrifice the child? ............
Talking about Christmas, christmas is more idolatry than the sallah we are talking about because its the old Roman empire that replaces a festive period of worshiping the a god of sun "Mars" with the birth of Christ.
.... Wow! U really talk sense, Our God is loving , He will never allow Abraham to sacrifice his only son ! dis so much Loving God will Neva allow Abraham to sacrifice his son .... Yet most churches have blasphem him by sayin he roast his own creatures ! His own creatures in a non-existing hell ! What a blasphemy, " somtin that neva come into his hearttttt" Jer 7:31; 19:5; 32:35 !!! Bro, about christmas ... I personaly agree with you and for your info I DONT DO IT
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by pendy79: 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 16 vs 25 .

Jesus wept cry . John 11 vs 35. How hast a single man decieve many?

Don't quote me in your foolish mention if you're gonna make stupid statements. You still quoted the same book that called your god a rumour monger. Someone earlier quoted a verse in your bible that prohibits eating meat like sallah meat while you quoted another that permits it.

Is your god a confusionist that he will be contradicting himself. Or who amongst the two authors was more inspired? The beauty of islam is its uniqueness no versions or contradicting stories.

Called your pastor or even the pope let them come recite the bible from genesis to revelation and I will call a 12 years Afiz'l quran on my street who will read all the verses of the quran words for words, verses for verses and line by line.

Jesus wept for you and others like you who havebeen deceived and misled by the romans and some merchants of yore.

Watch the beauty of islam during ramadan on tv with the imam in mecca reciting the whole quran offhand in the 30days period and you want to compare the two books. One divine and the other called "inspiration of god" a god said to be spreading rumour on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ovacoma:

The man behind all dese is described in Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen fom heaven o LUCIFER, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations. For thou art said in thine heart, i will ascend into heaven, i will exalt my throne above the stars of God: i will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the side of the north: i will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I WILL BE LIKE MOST HIGH. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shalt narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; that made the world as wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners.
You are right.

I still wonder why people believe in the story book written by a man . Maybe its because they were forced to. lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
Emessy:
You see ,Please do not be hypocritical in your dealings )with religious issues , In your post you compared the sacrificing of ram like Abraham did(bible, Qur'an and the torah) to the sacrifice of a dog for ogun , you also implied that the way we slaughter is same as that of the idol worshipers ,And also If you really do know Islam as you boast, you will know that Allah has made animals slaughtered by Christians and Jews(According to their scriptures) pure to us and edible, so we have no reason to reject your food , but when it comes to christmas, a muslim has all rights to reject it because even you are also confused about it ,you do not know the truth about what you are celebrating ,
Bye
very true that u slaughter the same way as idol worshippers (sorry to say that just the truth )
about Christians,it is only those that do not know what they believe and read in the Bible that are confused....
besides I'm not here for religious argument.... #just by opinion #....barka de sallah Bro... the blessing of the celebration shall be yours.... keep enjoying
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Midastorch(m): 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
missterious:

Yeah. I'll make sure I tell her a random person on nl disapproves of her action

Lol.have a lovely sunday/sallah break
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by CANTICLES: 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
iliasaa:
Mr oga ,if Abraham did not eat the meat, what did he do with with ? waste it? seriously , I think lack of knowledge and ignorance of the history is the problem with most Christians. Go and learn more about the bible and the will see that the ileya meat has a link in the bible
..... Big bros, its not fight now ; its just good for us to think together ...Genesis 2:13 says " Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering in place of his son" ... Notice BURNT OFFERING ! Totally burnt ; so what next ? Genesis 2:19 answers " After that Abraham returned to his servants, and they got up and went back to Be'er-she'ba; and Abraham continued to dwell at Be'er-she'ba " .. He Got Up And Returned To His Servants, NOTHING is said about eating, anyway its totally burnt offering! .. Bro, dats just what is written though u may decide to do whatever pleases you ! But its beta we think more on whats written
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by peeta4u(m): 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
ifaoni:
u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
yeah, dey eat my xmax chicken.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 1:37pm On Oct 05, 2014
pendy79:

Don't quote me in your foolish mention if you're gonna make stupid statements. You still quoted the same book that called your god a rumour monger. Someone earlier quoted a verse in your bible that prohibits eating meat like sallah meat while you quoted another that permits it.

Is your god a confusionist that he will be contradicting himself. Or who amongst the two authors was more inspired? The beauty of islam is its uniqueness no versions or contradicting stories.

Called your pastor or even the pope let them come recite the bible from genesis to revelation and I will call a 12 years Afiz'l quran on my street who will read all the verses of the quran words for words, verses for verses and line by line.

Jesus wept for you and others like you who havebeen deceived and misled by the romans and some merchants of yore.

Watch the beauty of islam during ramadan on tv with the imam in mecca reciting the whole quran offhand in the 30days period and you want to compare the two books. One divine and the other called "inspiration of god" a god said to be spreading rumour on earth.
I, neither he said we should not eat it, we were only adviced not to eat it, since all meat were created by Jesus; without him was anything made, that was made. cheesy . As for Muhammad lying to you, with no proof that Jesus didn't call himself Son of God, of didn't die on cross shocked , documents and proof are available to disprove such fallacies. I tripple-dog dare you to give the historical linkage between Ismael and Islam, outside your killing of innocent animals. angry
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by McWhillion(m): 1:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
Gloria3389:

don't judge pple by your own personal decision...
I listen to Muslim program very well and I know a lot about the religion.... ileya meat is a sacrifice.... but if u eat it's not a sin for u...and if others don't eat it...it's never a sin for them....but mind u,if u. really know what u believe u won't bother to eat it not because it's a sin but cos of controversy.... At least what u eat does not last more than a day...#just my opinion #
When I say blind, you're taking it literally and I am not airing my personal opinion like you said. Read the following;

2Cor 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Until you start seeing things the way God sees it, then you're still blind.

This is NOT my opinion...
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
Seriously like are you ok
Happy Sunday... we no dey fight, i hp dat isnt an insult! am jt saying d fact.. go check out d story of Joseph in ur quran nd the bible u will see d funny stuff hw joseph wnt to prison... it funny u better check it nd see which seem real..
V a nice day.. mk sure u check it out...
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Bode2: 1:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
kaka22:
It can be looked at from two perspectives:
1. Worldly perspective
2. Spiritual/sciptural perspective

Worldly perspective
There is nothing wrong about christians eating ileya meat or muslims eating christmas chicken as this promotes religious harmony. Religious tolerance can be promoted by celebrating the festive periods together.

Spiritual perspective
It is very wrong for a christian to eat ileya meats as eating it means the acceptance of the authority and existence of another God than the one christian worships. The same analysis applies to the muslims.

Last bomb: I've been eating ileya meats for a while now. I even ate it today grin... I am not in any way justifying any position... Maybe i will stop it one day by God's grace...
This is what we call #objectivisn

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Adwexky(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
Blaqsmith:
As a FREEthinking Christian,I eat any meat eatable to my own wish.

My own religion is not in my head,it is in my heart!

Barka De Sallah to my brothers from another wombs.next year ram go pass this oooo grin
Freethinking christian?, then you are more subject to your will than that of God. Pls. Note that God's will is the core of Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
McWhillion:

When I say blind, you're taking it literally and I am not airing my personal opinion like you said. Read the following;

2Cor 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Until you start seeing things the way God sees it, then you're still blind.

This is NOT my opinion...
i didn't take the blindness aspect literarily.......I'll still go with my previous post...
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Blaqsmith(m): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
Adwexky:
Freethinking christian?, then you are more subject to your will than that of God. Pls. Note that God's will is the core of Christianity.

Ur opinion...it doesn't change who I am.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by cbrass(m): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
Who copy who its really not your fault cos your blind deaf and dumb

Well I don't know is am dum or deaf but I sure know that am not blind cos I can read and quote you tongue yes mohamed copied the bible cos christianity started so many years before mohamed was even born let alone when islam started
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by cbrass(m): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
swankylay:
Its hatred and ignorance that will kill u......probably kwashiorkor too. U myt b lacking protein in Ur system tho. But y r we xtians like this. We discriminate a lot. I'm sure were unto be in d time of Jesus, u would also have wished him nailed to the cross for dinning with sinners n harlot. Myopic discriminate . . .

Why r u soo slow to understanding. You have your bible but u will not read it. I never asled you to hate muslims infact my boss is a muslim and I have lots of muslim friends so don't think I hate anyone. If they buy food for me I will eat but if its in the intent of their idolatorous practice then I won't eat
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
Emessy:
Bye
Proof shows that Islam has no linkage to Abraham and the word ållah has been in existence in the Arabian peninsula (meaning the god) before Muhammad was born e.g. Muhammad's father was Abdullah i.e. Abd ållah, meaning servant of the god. Muhammad didn't come to preach another god in arabia, he only came to make the name ållah monolithic i.e. No god but ållah. I tripple-dog dare you to show me the relationship between Ismael and islam, except the killing of innocent animals. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Islamic%20Muslim/allah_is_a_fraud.htm . I also want to ask the reason why your supposed monolithic god used 'WE' instead of 'I' in your book.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Abbey2sam(m): 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
To be honest you guys are not cristns your Just doing your own thing,check the history of prophet abraham that was asked by God to give his only child as scrfce then wen he ws about doing that God send an angel with a ram,so do u mean u don't belv in that history,you guys need help

You guys are now helping us to quote the bible to suit yourselves now........wow......................so nah sallah Abraham been dey do for that place
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by cbrass(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
Jamean:

Thank you o!

1 Cor 8: 1-13.
New testament says you can eat, except there is a weak believer around that it can cause to stumble.

I ate o! Infact right now they just brought another one. Come and join me.

Read Rev 2:12 tongue
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
CANTICLES:
.... Wow! U really talk sense, Our God is loving , He will never allow Abraham to sacrifice his only son ! dis so much Loving God will Neva allow Abraham to sacrifice his son .... Yet most churches have blasphem him by sayin he roast his own creatures ! His own creatures in a non-existing hell ! What a blasphemy, " somtin that neva come into his hearttttt" Jer 7:31; 19:5; 32:35 !!! Bro, about christmas ... I personaly agree with you and for your info I DONT DO IT
Like Job said: If I sue God to court, who will be my judge? You are powerless in front of Jonathan, not talk of God. God that can destroy all living things without blinking his eyes. How ignorant are you of the Most High? Do you know the number of angels he cast out of heaven? So will he also not blink his eyes when he sends fööls to hell. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Hero10001: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
donroxy:
Only from Hero !!!
Maximum Respect bro !!
I remove head gear sir!
Ileya is like a love feast in here, we dining with love, no hating, no bs, no discrimination.
The Chairman of Agege LGA, Hon Jubril hosted us yesterday, it was great!
Wish i can come over to your place for a big bowl of Amala and meat.. but i still got alotta meat in here hehehehe.
Barka de sallah! :-)

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by summerflame(m): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
Quran was writing 500 AD.. So, how is Abraham using Ram for sacrifice got to do with Ileya's Ram. Can someone pls clarify this?.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by MightyFortress: 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
ifaoni:
u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
tell am abeg oh.. Meat indeed.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by khadysaggs(f): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mumu so you don't knw be4 anyway back to the topic you guys are debating eating our meat or not,haba I have never meant any cristn that does not smell you all smellcos you walk and move around with dirt you,and to be honest that's y we don't eat your cristmas meat,even the so called statue of mary is covered from head to toe indicating she is a muslim,you guys are just lost(Quote author=Abbey2sam post=26882121]

You guys are now helping us to quote the bible to suit yourselves now........wow......................so nah sallah Abraham been dey do for that place [/quote]
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Emessy(m): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Proof shows that Islam has no linkage to Abraham and the word ållah has been in existence in the Arabian peninsula (meaning the god) before Muhammad was born e.g. Muhammad's father was Abdullah i.e. Abd ållah, meaning servant of the god. Muhammad didn't come to preach another god in arabia, he only came to make the name ållah monolithic i.e. No god but ållah. I tripple-dog dare you to show me the relationship between Ismael and islam, except the killing of innocent animals. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Islamic%20Muslim/allah_is_a_fraud.htm . I also want to ask the reason why your supposed monolithic god used 'WE' instead of 'I' in your book.
Firstly I believe it is outright daft to provide such a link which clearly explains that the site you are referring to is nothing but anti-islamic so i do not wish to argue with you since you have no authentic reasoning , and as for the "we"This is a good question and one that Bible readers have also asked about. The term "We" in the Bible and in the Quran is the royal "We" - as an example when the king says, "We decree the following declaration, etc." or, "We are not amused." It does not indicate plural; rather it displays the highest position in the language. English, Persian, Hebrew, Arabic and many languages provide for the usage of "We" for the royal figure. It is helpful to note the same dignity is given to the person being spoken to in English. We say to someone, "You ARE my friend." Yet the person is only one person standing there. Why did we say "ARE" instead of "IS"? The noun "you" is singular and should therefore be associated with a singular verb for the state of being, yet we say, "are." The same is true for the speaker when referring to himself or herself. We say, "I am" and this is also in the royal plural, instead of saying, "I is."

When Allah uses the term "HE" in Quran it is similar to the above answer. The word "He" is used when referring to Allah out of respect, dignity and high status. It would be totally inappropriate to use the word "it" and would not convey the proper understanding of Allah being who Allah is; Alive, Compassionate, Forgiving, Patient, Loving, etc. It is not correct to associate the word "He" with gender, as this would be comparing Allah to the creation, something totally against the teaching of Quran. I hope this educates you!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by oluagness(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
pendy79:

Lots of contradictions in Koran

Numerical contradictions

There are many numerical contradictions in the Quran. Can God make so much error in doing simple calculations?

How many days did it take to create Heavens and Earth ?

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 11:7 He it is Who created the heavens and earth in Six Days
Quran-25:29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that God created the heaven and Allah created the heaven and the Earth in 6 days. But the verses below stated-

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and …

Now do the math: 2(for earth) + 4(for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days

Similar mistakes you can see in the verse: Quran 4: 11 - 12, and Quran 4: 176 in inheritance law. In these verses one can see the total property after adding all distributed parties adds up more than the available property, i.e., totals become more than 1 which are: 1.125 and 1.25. How come ? A gross mathematical errors, is not it ?

Allah’s Days Equal to 1000 Years or 50,000 Years?

Quran 22: 47 A day in the sight of the Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning. Quran-32:5: To Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be a thousands years of your rekoning

Quran 70: 4 The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a day the measure whereof is Fifty thousands years.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Vikky014(f): 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
To be honest you guys are not cristns your Just doing your own thing,check the history of prophet abraham that was asked by God to give his only child as scrfce then wen he ws about doing that God send an angel with a ram,so do u mean u don't belv in that history,you guys need help
so abraham ate d ram?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Prophet Onyeze Jesus Apologizes For Spraying Naira On Naked Clients In River / Stephanie Otobo's Statement Of Account Spills More Secrets About Apostle Suleman / Catholic Reverend Sister & Muslim Sister In Hijab Hug In Jos.see Reactions(pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.