Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,254 members, 7,887,730 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:00 PM

Please Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice. (932 Views)

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Nairalander's Boyfriend Wants Her To Keep Washing His Clothes. Please Advice / My Wife Has Changed Negatively, Please Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice. by lollygee(f): 5:59am On Oct 07, 2014
Is it right for a healthy MIL to stay with her son and his family for over two years when her husband is home alone.
Re: Please Advice. by temi4fash(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2014
Are you asking a question or you are makiing an observation... Cos I can't see anything you need advice for..
Re: Please Advice. by MARKone(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2014
lollygee:
Is it right for a healthy MIL to stay with her son and his family for over two years when her husband is home alone.

[s]OP what are you insinuating, that ur MIL is having an amorous relationship with her son, ur husband. There is nothing wrong with a mother staying alone with her child, I mean she carried him for 9 months, took care of him till you came into the picture. If you are not comfortable with having your MIL around due to your insecurity, or you feel she is too controlling, talk to your husband, but don't make any unfounded allegations if you do not have a concrete proof.[/s]
Re: Please Advice. by lollygee(f): 7:09am On Oct 07, 2014
@Markone.I dont have issues with my MIL staying with me.She is a nice person and we have a cordial relationship but am only feeling for my FIL,who has been home alone for over two years,doing the house chores and cooking all by himself despite his old age,though i make soups and send to him every weekend.I have spoken to my hubby severally on this and what he told me was maybe we get a maid for him while my MIL stays with us,which i dont see it as a right thing to do.I just wanted to be sure am not d one getting it all wrong.
Re: Please Advice. by angiemartinez(f): 9:08am On Oct 07, 2014
My dear u r nt wrong, maybe dare is smtin dey r nt telln u. Why would anyone abandon her home for her sons? Abeg call ur hubby to order, its his fada we r talkn abt here.
Re: Please Advice. by MARKone(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2014
lollygee:
@Markone.I dont have issues with my MIL staying with me.She is a nice person and we have a cordial relationship but am only feeling for my [b]FIL,who has been home alone for over two years,[/b]doing the house chores and cooking all by himself despite his old age,though i make soups and send to him every weekend.I have spoken to my hubby severally on this and what he told me was maybe we get a maid for him while my MIL stays with us,which i dont see it as a right thing to do.I just wanted to be sure am not d one getting it all wrong.

That is quite odd, to say the least. Your MIL Leaving her husband for more than two years, without assistance, even with an assistance, and at an old age, is indeed wrong. Well since you have discussed with your husband, I believe you have talked to your people, and they must have advised you on how to go about things. There is a limit to what you can do and take to avoid being the victim. Be patient, continue playing your part, don't stress yourself too much, life is too short. I believe with time, all will be sorted out. Take care.

Sorry, about my initial post, it was a mistake on my part.
Re: Please Advice. by mployer(m): 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
MARKone:

OP what are you insinuating, that ur MIL is having an amorous relationship with her son, ur husband. There is nothing wrong with a mother staying alone with her child, I mean she carried him for 9 months, took care of him till you came into the picture. If you are not comfortable with having your MIL around due to your insecurity, or you feel she is too controlling, talk to your husband, but don't make any unfounded allegations if you do not have a concrete proof.

Go back and read again.

You got it wrong.
Re: Please Advice. by EfemenaXY: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
lollygee:

Your statement/question posed is too scanty and bereft of any information for anyone to take you seriously.

What are the circumstances that promoted her staying with you lot for two years despite having her own husband at home?

1 Like

Re: Please Advice. by MARKone(m): 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
mployer:

Go back and read again.

You got it wrong.

Yes, just realised it. Thank you.
Re: Please Advice. by lollygee(f): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
@EfemenaXY,there was no circumstances that i know of.She came in when i had my second baby to perform her omugwo duties and d baby is over two years now and even started school since last year.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalander's Would You Rock Your Baby In A Nest Like This. / When Is It Ok To Judge People? Your Views / Celebrity Marriage:reason Why They Dont Last Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.