Stats: 3,174,086 members, 7,890,594 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:36 PM

Advice Needed On My Career Choice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice Needed On My Career Choice (471 Views)

Naija Market Place: Your Honest Opinions Needed On These Products / Advice Needed On Setting Up Of Polythene Bag Factory. / Venturing Into Perfume Business:advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

Advice Needed On My Career Choice by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
I just gained admission to Ladoke Akintola University of Technology to study Computer Science and Engineering,although thats the course i put in for because i'v been great using the computer system ever since i got a computer appreciation training and i'm also very good in physics and mathematics.

But,since i gained the admission,i have been wondering wether thats the right thing for me,this is not because of any other thing other than the job opportunities attached to my area of study considering the situation in Nigeria.

One of my brothers as been advicing me to just change to Electrical and Electronics Engineering,he said with my brilliancy in the secondary school,i will definitely perform well and that its easier to secure a good job with Elect-Elect Engine than been a Computer Engineer.

But i have made up my mind to just stick to what my heart desires,all i need and i'm asking for right now is that;

¤What are the job opportunities for a computer engineer?

¤Is there any company in Nigeria that employ computer engineers?

¤Where can i go for an IT when i get to my 400L that i will be able to get full practical knowledge of the course?

¤What are the professional courses i need to go for and at what level should i start taking professional courses?

Please i'm turning 20 this month and i just don't know,i want a bright future for myself,i need advice and encouragement and i'm sure the only place i can get that is here.

I will be greatful if this gets to the front page,thanks in advance.
Re: Advice Needed On My Career Choice by bedfordng(m): 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
are you doing it for the job or you are doing it to gain knowledge which will benefit you in the future.when you have passion for something,you tend to excell more than when you are just doing it to get a job.your friends can not tell you what to do because every one has his own race.think twice

Shell Appoints New Managing Director In Nigeria / Collateral Requirements For MSMEs Slashed To 50% / Is This Legit Or A Scam- Dollars

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9