Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,980 members, 7,873,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) (98375 Views)

Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) / Opinion: Top 5 Nigerias Most Beautiful University Libraries / Most Beautiful University In Northern Nigeria! What Do U Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Francheezy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
Oooohhhhh NOOOO.!!! I am allergic to LIBRARIES, runs out of Thread
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by MrForming(m): 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
I rep uniabuja....#TeamUnibuja.
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by destante(f): 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kunlexic:
abeg don't vex for me yet ooo
grin grin

Kenneth Dike Library,University of Ibadan
Kenneth dike is finer than the pics shown here which isn't full.
But I admit, OAU and Funaab are so cool.

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by hayzed2: 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
Mayor21:

correct...it should be no.3.

This one looks like my secondary school structure tongue
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by jaylorde(m): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
itstpia1:

bro, no need to be militant, the owner of that blog was doing you a favour.

ease up, everything is not about war.

but if you have issues, take it up with the site owner so he can remove your library from his featured list.

http://gallery.inasp.info/displayimage.php?pid=154

your attitude is not attractive at all.
that was no favor. its an insult.m nt saying it shld be on the list of best libraries. bt I'm saying if it doesn't make d list,@ least dnt post some sh1tty image to make it worse
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Yungmilio2(m): 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
Unilorin all the Way
BBF
Better by Far
aka
Big Brother France
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by bdemix(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
Op!!!...University Of Abuja Nko cry
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by itstpia1: 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
jaylorde:

that was no favor. its an insult.m nt saying it shld be on the list of best libraries. bt I'm saying if it doesn't make d list,@ least dnt post some sh1tty image to make it worse

you have issues.
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Yungmilio2(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
MrForming:
I rep uniabuja....#TeamUnibuja.
them they call better schools
you dey call that Secondary school
Unigwags
lol
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Omimah: 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kunlexic:
3. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (OAU) Library

In the first seven years of it’s existence, the library was housed in temporary and cramped quarters, which were ill-equipped for the requirements of a University library. In October 1989, it moved to its permanent building, the four floors of which covered a total area of 42,000 sq. ft., designed to accommodate 250,000 volumes and sit 800 readers.

So far, the Library has over 400,000 catalogue records needing conversion.About 15,000 bibliographic records of newly acquired books inputted into the old database, would be transferred to the new. The bulk of the Library’s catalogue remains in card format.
Do your findings before you make any post. The library in OAU, Ile-Ife, named after its second Vice Chancellor, Hezekiah Oluwasanmi was never housed "in . . . cramped quarters." According to Prof. S. A. Akintoye in "Ten Years of University of Ife, 1962 - 1972", "The permanent building of the university Library, begun in 1967, was not completed for use until 1970. Before then, those sections of the Library which had moved to Ile-Ife between 1967 and 1970 had been lodged in parts of the Humanities buildings."
To show that the volumes of books first moved to Ile-Ife were not housed in the place you described, a big portrait with the pictures of the three Humanities blocks, shelves and a truck load of book, depicting how they moved from Ibadan to Ile-Ife; in front of borrows' desk in the library.
NB. The University took off from the buildings occupied by the Nigerian School of Arts and Science, Ibadan. The place is now occupied by The Polytechnic, Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by houseoftuition: 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
You can become a Chartered Accountant easily now with IcanLectures.com.ng. Now qualifying as an Accountant is made much much easier by letting you take your Lectures at home instead of being crammed in a hot place like lecture centers do.
Simply log on to IcanLectures.com.ng and start downloading your Ican Lectures.
Regards,
From The IcanLectures.com.ng Team
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Vivly(f): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
slap1:
ABSU or IMSU?
Neither.
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by mujiboy(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
iebanehita:

That's only the front view.
They are actually two school libraries.

The main one is John Harris.
. okay
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Omimah: 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2014
The Library of OAU, Ile-Ife (then University of Ife) when it was still in Ibadan.

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by itstpia1: 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
^nice one, thanks.

i wish there could be a book or something on the history/early days of OAU (University of Ife).

westerners do this for their own stuff all the time.
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by jaylorde(m): 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
itstpia1:

you have issues.

I knw, and u have too.dats certain
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by jaylorde(m): 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
walescounis:

Omo Ladoke!!
owo loke
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by deedrizzie: 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
Yayyy my schl made d list @ #4 BBF ayeee grin grin grin
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Omimah: 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Aerial view of the Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library, OAU, Ile-Ife.

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by itstpia1: 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
jaylorde:

I knw, and u have too.dats certain

you are not handling your issues well my dear.

see how you messed up the thread and even called your library sh.itty, all the while thinking its others you are fighting?

you are not the only person attending that school, why must you "faraya" over a matter and sabotage yourself?

if you go to university yet dont know how to express yourself in non militant ways, then was what the use of your being there?

add value to your school, not devalue.
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by gulfer: 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
OP, somebody that has not been to another person,s papa farm will say hin papa own na hin big pass. IMO
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
hayzed2:

Are you a Ladokite

Sure nd yu?
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by hayzed2: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
walescounis:

Sure nd yu?

Yea but you should be reading for your exam by now
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Omimah: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
itstpia1:
^nice one, thanks.

i wish there could be a book or something on the history/early days of OAU (University of Ife).

westerners do this for their own stuff all the time.
There are. These are some. There is one that I saw some years back when I was in Ile-Ife written by Prof. Richard Olaniyan.

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
hayzed2:

Addicted to Nairaland nd why ain't yu reading?.......

Yu no get work tomorrow?
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by nickxtra(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
University of Abuja Library

1 Like

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
hayzed2:

Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by itstpia1: 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
Omimah:

There are. These are some. There is one that I saw some years back when I was in Ile-Ife written by Prof. Richard Olaniyan.

i would like to have that book, will look for it.

hope its available though.
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Joshuadon: 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Willgates:

nope...iono think its more beautiful than the ones on the list. Its just big for nothing

big for nothing shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by Isryl02(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
cool
Re: 6 Of The Most Beautiful University Libraries In Nigeria (photos) by hayzed2: 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
walescounis:

Addicted to Nairaland nd why ain't yu reading?.......

Yu no get work tomorrow?

Yea, till 14th of oct...... What about you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / Leaked Sex Tape: Why Babcock University Reserves The Right To Expel Student / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.