Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,584 members, 7,975,299 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 09:12 PM

OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. (20693 Views)

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / Violence And Christianity Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 11:52am On Oct 17, 2014
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by pickabeau1: 11:56am On Oct 17, 2014
interesting perspective MrPresident

For others that verse prophesying victory is enough
Deeper meanings are for theologians and thinkers

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:
grin grin
Leggo!

cheesy

I like Knowedge.

First and foremost, you must understand that no one can help you, unless you are willing to help yourself. However, there can be guidance. Are you sure you are willing? lool. The water is deep o!

Lamentations 4:1
How is the gold become dim! how is the most fine gold changed! the stones of the sanctuary are poured out in the top of every street.

Mark 13 King James Version (KJV)
And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!
2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple,

Who or what are the stones, what is the temple?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

KJV
Isaiah 45:1
Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

The two leaved gates is the...buttocks. lol

Loosening the loins of kings will make them shi...t in their pants because of fear, dysenteric shi...t, because of fear. The two leaved gates will be loosened from fear-induced dysentery, when Cyrus whose hands God Himself is holding comes upon them.
Hi, do you ebola?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hi

Hi, trust you're doing good.

Never mind my initial laughter, Mrpresident comes across as a professional comedian.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Hi, do you ebola?

Ogini? Do you Ebola? How
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:
interesting perspective MrPresident

For others that verse prophesying victory is enough
Deeper meanings are for theologians and thinkers

All knowledge comes from The Most High and Holy God.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by pickabeau1: 12:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

All knowledge comes from The Most High and Holy God.

well... who knows...
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

well... who knows...

who knows?

Daniel 1:17
As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom:
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by pickabeau1: 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

who knows?

Daniel 1:17
As for these four children, God gave them knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom:

ok.
good for God and the four kids
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
traware:
Quit digressing gaddamn it!!!You did not tackle any of the points I raised yet you're trying to portray yourself like some debonair Frenchman and tell me to 'grow up' inorder to sound what?Matured?To impress who?Your teeny- bopper ar.se wipers from the romance section?By the way,in your small-mind 'other atheists will be disappointed in me'?Why?Atheists have become a group/movement?With leaders and followers?Atheists are all thesame?My views now represents the views of other atheists and aren't mine alone?Young man,you're in way over your head.Better run back to the romance section with your tail in-between your legs.Nonsense
hmmm. odi too much ( in anambra man's voice)!
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:
Phew Phew!!!

Now that everyone has gone to sleep, I should ramble a bit.

I am mizmycoli; life and love my religion.

My name is Adannaya; I am my Father's Daughter.

I've tried to fit in somewhere, belong, but I don't actually. I haven't tried satanism tho'.......won't. grin

I still got scales of religion in me, a huge chunk's falling off though.

Somehow, a bible that made so much sense 1 year ago now has a lot of contradictions.

At this phase, a lot of themes seem confusing, especially scriptures, the same ones I used to hold dear and defend, albeit blindly..........

Right now, I don't believe in the God of religion(s) anymore. I just know that there's a creator who's interested in those he created.

This I have seen evidenced in my life many times.
Okay, now I'm saying this at the risk of sounding foolish, even to self.

Lolest cheesy cheesy

For some strange reason, I'm smiling and grinning right now..........

Owh, I gerrit now.

I've just been reminded of what matters most.

While I may never be totally cured of religion in this age, I've dedicated my life, my being, to living a life filled with Love, filled with compassion, I could never go wrong towing that path.

Sounds lofty and too good to be true, ey?

Well, I'm already on the path......I intend to get there.
Wow. I really respect this lady! If not that i vowed never to meet anybody from nairaland in real life , i would have found a way to meet her...hmm: love & life is my religion! just so beautiful !
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

First and foremost, you must understand that no one can help you, unless you are willing to help yourself. However, there can be guidance. Are you sure you are willing? lool. The water is deep o!

How is the gold become dim! how is the most fine gold changed! the stones of the sanctuary are poured out in the top of every street.

And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!
2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

The stones has got to be living persons, I don't know about the temple.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Wow. I really respect this lady! If not that i vowed never to meet anybody from nairaland in real life , i would have found a way to meet her...hmm: love & life is my religion! just so beautiful !

grin grin
If ever, just holla.

I've never met an atheist or any of the "ists" in flesh and blood cheesy
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

Never mind my initial laughter, Mrpresident comes across as a professional comedian.

LoL
A bit I guess. cheesy
Not bad tho'

Still trying to figure out that riddle.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

ok.
good for God and the four kids

You are atheist? agnostic?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
rationalmind:

Professional indeed. Lmfao. grin grin

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by pickabeau1: 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

No..im not enlightened enough to understand all the isms...

Im ok with plain old religion
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

Things are not the way they seem lipsrsealed
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by urheme: 1:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

KJV
Isaiah 45:1
Thus saith the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

The two leaved gates is the...buttocks. lol

Loosening the loins of kings will make them shi...t in their pants because of fear, dysenteric shi...t, because of fear. The two leaved gates will be loosened from fear-induced dysentery, when Cyrus whose hands God Himself is holding comes upon them.

I don't even see how all these vague write-ups adds values to a Christian, is more like an academic exercise.

my mum can't read the bible but she understands God.

the bible is filled with all sort of metaphorical vocabulary and innuendos giving rise to different interpretations,
'the bible' really , is a book of tricks. Every denomination of Christianity have scriptural backups for their doctrines and practices.

hence milking the masses through:
sacrificial giving
tithe and offerings
harvest
seed sowing
super natural or spiritual breakthrough
signs and wonders
thanksgiving and many more hopelessness

other doctrines such as marrying more than one wife in some churches, not taking blood even when dying, not wearing Jewries etc.
all of them have scriptural backups, is why I have often said, the bible is not and will never be a standard for God.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
urheme:

I don't even see how all these vague write-ups adds values to a Christian, is more like an academic exercise.

my mum can't read the bible but she understands God.

the bible is filled with all sort of metaphorical vocabulary and innuendos giving rise to different interpretations,
'the bible' really , is a book of tricks. Every denomination of Christianity have scriptural backups for their doctrines and practices.

hence milking the masses through:
sacrificial giving
tithe and offerings
harvest
seed sowing
super natural or spiritual breakthrough
signs and wonders
thanksgiving and many more hopelessness

other doctrines such as marrying more than one wife in some churches, not taking blood even when dying, not wearing Jewries etc.
all of them have scriptural backups, is why I have often said, the bible is not and will never be a standard for God.

The riddle isn't meant for you, you just jumped in from the middle of nowhere. You may keep it moving.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 1:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

Okay, stones here could be ornaments of great value, or the priests/levites.
Then the temple would be the people, "lay men" so to speak or nations
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Tallesty1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lolest, I can relate joor.
That's why I want to be an entrepreneur like you.

and errrmmmm, for what it's worth, thanks for not lashing out at me, despite what would seem to some as a deliberate attempt by me to put their beliefs down.
Coming from people who don't matter, I can stomach and make light of it, but........people like you? embarassed
lipsrsealed

I actually take my NL relationships that serious. grin
gringringringrin

I was talking about atheists nah......

And you ain't one.

At least for now......

I dragged you in so that my comment would be neutral.

Already someone has accused me of.....lipsrsealed

and errrm, that place I touched is a bit confusing............

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
Your mail... attend to it, will you?! angry **pulls her hair**

MizMyColi:

Things are not the way they seem lipsrsealed
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
MizMyColi:

Okay, stones here could be ornaments of great value, or the priests/levites.
Then the temple would be the people, "lay men" so to speak or nations

AirborneLacer has answered the first part of the riddle. The stones are the people. And you are right too, the stones are ornaments of great value, the apple of His eyes, His jewels, etched forever in the palms of His arms, the Dearly beloved of His Soul.

Ezekiel 8:6
He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.

What is the Sanctuary, or Temple, my Lady?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by urheme: 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

The riddle isn't meant for you, you just jumped in from the middle of nowhere. You may keep it moving.

most oblige.....madam
but not withstanding, your post was a general invitation to the forum, why make me feel like an outcast?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
shoefreak:
Your mail... attend to it, will you?! angry **pulls her hair**

*crying*
Eiiisssshhhh

Leave my hair na, is painful joor.

Ayaf attent it since grin grin
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
urheme:

most oblige.....madam
but not withstanding, your post was a general invitation to the forum, why make me feel like an outcast?

Unreserved apologies. Your post sounded like the logic atheists use create to confusion. I had earlier written that there are a lot of different Bible interpretations in the market, all with the main aim of hiding the truth of God's word from His children.

The KJV is the standard. Do you see how NIV muddled up the interpretation of that Isaiah 45:1? That is just an example, you may cross-reference that verse and many others in the different Bibles.
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
MrPresident1:

AirborneLacer has answered the first part of the riddle. The stones are the people. And you are right too, the stones are ornaments of great value, the apple of His eyes, His jewels, etched forever in the palms of His arms, the Dearly beloved of His Soul.

Ezekiel 8:6
He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.

What is the Sanctuary, or Temple, my Lady?

The Earth?
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2014
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MizMyColi(f): 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
urheme:

most oblige.....madam

Errrmmmm,
Is mrpresident a female.

What's with this guilt-tripping now?
I didn't ask you to leave,

Maybe you thought I was the one who quoted you?

I haven't told anyone off na, even if I have, then its because they resorted to insults and or denigrative comments/ridicule.
Capisce? grin
Re: OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature. by MrPresident1: 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
AirborneLacer:

The Earth?

Nope grin

Mark 13
And as he went out of the temple,

Jesus left the earth? lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Massacre: The Day Integrity Finally Left Nigeria - By Osayimwen Osahon / Remembering Bayo Adegboyega Aka Atayero! / Eminem Becomes A Born Again Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.