Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,587 members, 7,948,272 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 05:22 PM

Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? (1473 Views)

These 4 Nigerian Stars Are Having A Party; Whose Own Will You Show Up For? / Singer Yemi Alade With Top Nigerian Stars ( Group Photo ) / Do Nigerian Stars Fly First Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by Orikinla(m): 7:17pm On Aug 02, 2006
Genevieve Nnaji has hundreds of thousands of fans and the other celebrated Nollywood stars have thousands of fans too. But will you agree to register to join any of their fan clubs if they establish them?

Genevieve Nnaji has fans. But does she have a fansite or fan club?

Most of our stars don't even have fansites talkless of fan clubs.

Believe it or not, most of the Nigerian stars are internet illiterates.

They cannot even manage their websites or are even ignorant of the importance of using their internet for their mileage and patronage.

Fans make stars and stars don't make fans.

Imagine a football match without spectators.

I know many Nigerian stars who feel disappointed when people seem to be less concerned or even ignorant of them when they are seen in public.

Imagine Genevieve Nnaji in Times Square, New York and nobody knows she is the celebrated star of Nollywood.
How would she feel?
Lost in Alaska? grin

I was talking about a popular Nollywood star to some respected American filmmakers and they asked me for his website and I said he had none. They just made faces and skipped the subject. To them, since my guy does not have a website, that means he is not popular.

In the Western world, stars make a lot of money from the patronage of their fans.

Fans can even pay a fortune to collect the pants of Angelina Jolie. See the latest on the sale of her boots.

02/08/2006 - 11:25:44

Angelina Jolie's fans are being offered the chance to walk in her shoes - as the suede boots the actress wore in Girl, Interrupted are being auctioned off on website eBay.

The tan boots, which proved lucky for the Oscar winner, are being offered at $1,500 (€1,200) with a bidding deadline set at July 15.

The seller claims to have bought the boots at a Hollywood second-hand clothes store and has the documentation to authenticate them.
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=190921462&p=y9x9zzy68

Will any Nigerian pay such an amount for Omotola's negligee or Genevieve's undies? grin
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by janetgurl: 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2006
ooh,really?
neva knew
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by neelsel(f): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2006
Ori
Thanks a lot for highlighting this very serious aspect of the movie world. I have searched tirelessly for fansites of many of Nollywood stars and came up empty handed. The few that do have are either nonfunctional or you cannot even reach them through an email.
Nollywood stars need to get with the programme, these stars in the US may have more money but you are capable of capitalising on their opportunities as well.
Food for thought, great post,
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by Seun(m): 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2006
Celebrities should go and sit down. We are better off for not being overly obsessed with celebrities.

If you need someone to worship, worship me! grin Otherwise, go to a mosque or church and worship God!
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by Orikinla(m): 11:14pm On Aug 03, 2006
The celebrated owner of the most popular African forum online has spoken.

Seun, you are one of them.
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by Damest09(f): 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2006
Does it matter? Some of them are dropout, they can't develop their website and they are too Ijebu (selfish) to give the job to someone else who have brain.
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by DAMMYGLOW(f): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2006
what about 2 face
it's so surprising he does not have one
after all the money made

when you open omotola.com
it opens a page that says
omotola.com is for sale

u see them?
making money
refusing to send
maybe it is just illetracy (internet wise)
any way i dont care
i have enough foreign stars site to view
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by edobabe(f): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2006
omotola website is not for sale.her website omotolaworld is open to her fans.
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by DAMMYGLOW(f): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2006
what happened to omotola.com
edobase hmn?
that's the one i know of
and that the one i was talking about
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by Orikinla(m): 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2006
DAMMYGLOW,
Thank you for your insight.

I don't like those who overrate these our so called celebrities.
Because they are ignorant of them.

I manage the e-mails of one of the most popular Nollywood stars and I am doing it gratis to bridge the communication gap between the star and the fans.

Most of them cannot even access their e-mails and don't even have internet access from their homes.

The Nollywood stars in particular were only starving some years ago until Ibo traders became video marketers and save them from abject poverty.

Ramsey was jumping from one Okada motorbike to another. And till date their actors guild has no office.

If I am talking about anyone of them, I am doing so from Emeka Enyiocha's living room or from our production office and anyone of them who does not know me is a JJC.
I am more than an actor. Because I employ and pay actors. And most of them are Internet illiterates.
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by neelsel(f): 6:06pm On Aug 09, 2006
Well stated Ori, thanks for enlightening me.
Re: Nigerian Stars Don't Have Fansites Or Fan Clubs? by faketeeth(m): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2006
u shld av askd b4 posting this topic.don't say that all fans,u shld av said some. e.g dare art alade's site is www.dareartalade.com and he has a fans forum.visit it to check/verify or go thru google to look for our artistes websites.

(1) (Reply)

Is Briteny Spears Going Nuts? / Auto Lounge Owner, Larry Onuegbu In Police Cell Over Fraudulent Sale Of Porsche / Sound Sultan Sells Album Launch Ticket For N1m { Will You Attend}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.