Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,523 members, 7,885,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:37 AM

Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? (1646 Views)

. / Potty Training Difficulty? Help Is Here!!! / Potty Training - Your Expert Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? by Bumfola(f): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2008
my colleagues in parenting, aw do u potty train?
Re: Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? by Flakybaby(f): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2008
Firstly hw old is ur baby?
Secondly, it depends hw smart the baby is, becos at a certain age some kids r smaarter than their agemates.
Thirdly, let him or her sit on the potty but if he or she resists DONT APPLY FORCE, then try it again like in 2weeks time, then encourage him and let him know the importance of using the potty.
PLS, DONT USE FORCE THE FIRST TIME BECOS HE WILL NEVER WANT TO USE THE POTTY.
I hope these rules work out, gdluck! smiley

1 Like

Re: Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? by SeanT21(f): 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2008
Re: Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? by iice(f): 3:51am On Nov 17, 2008
Small toilet bowl for kids then graduate to the real thing.
Re: Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:34am On Nov 17, 2008
lol, this is a good one,

Well the first thing is to make sure the child is ready to be potty trained I'll say 18mths or there about,

Praise the child every time he/she goes to the potty, and essentially, give the child lots of fluid,

Hope this helps. smiley
Re: Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? by chisomquee: 7:34am On Nov 17, 2008
when your baby is around 8mths,when the baby wakes in the morning,put the child on the potty and hold him or her,continue that for some weeks,the child will get used to it,with time when the baby wants to use the potty,the child will go and take the potty,the thing is for your to start on time.

1 Like

Re: Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? by ajilete(f): 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2008
Chisomquee is absolutely correct!!
i managed to potty train both my children at about 9 to10mths. Once they can sit up properly on their own.All you need to do is put him/her on the potty at the same time every morning, preferably after a drink of warm water. you may need to amuse your child so she will stay, i had to sit there in front of each with a toy, something rattly and noisy but i wasnt working full time at the time. if you have a house help you can get her to stay with your child and amuse her with a toy or music. When he /she has done the big one make a song and dance of it, ''Good boy,etc''. Then make sure you take her off so she doesnt associate the potty with a chair! if you are patient and do this for several weeks she/he will associate the potty with poopoo and eventually start asking for the potty. it worked for me and my children are of both sexes, and there was not much difference in their attitude to the potty.

1 Like

Re: Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? by hotstuff06(f): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2008
ajilete:

Chisomquee is absolutely correct!!
i managed to potty train both my children at about 9 to10mths. Once they can sit up properly on their own.All you need to do is put him/her on the potty at the same time every morning, preferably after a drink of warm water. you may need to amuse your child so she will stay, i had to sit there in front of each with a toy, something rattly and noisy but i wasnt working full time at the time. if you have a house help you can get her to stay with your child and amuse her with a toy or music. When he /she has done the big one make a song and dance of it, ''Good boy,etc''. Then make sure you take her off so she doesnt associate the potty with a chair! if you are patient and do this for several weeks she/he will associate the potty with poopoo and eventually start asking for the potty. it worked for me and my children are of both sexes, and there was not much difference in their attitude to the potty.

That is exactly what i did. I potty trained both my boys at 10months, started when they were 9 months old. I took them to the potty once every hour, a lot of work but well worth it.
Re: Potty Training: Aw Is It Done Pls? by LondonTruman: 8:11am On Apr 01, 2020
Potty training is difficult, so you need all the materials at your disposal that will help you with this. You can get a potty training seat to teach your kid how to potty correctly. I don't think there's a better way out there.

(1) (Reply)

When You Are Annoyed / Is Genius Born Or Can It Be Learned? / Wives Submit To Your Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.