Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,770 members, 7,889,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:10 PM

Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries (789 Views)

PDP Opens Sale Of Presidential Forms To Tafawa Balewa's Son, And Others. / B*R*E*A*K*I*N*G: Late Balewa’s Son, ‘returns’, Wants To Rule Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by idrisa334: 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
One of Peoples Democratic Party Presidential aspirant and son of Nigeria’s First Republic Prime Minister, Dr. AbdulJhalil Balewa, has lambasted PDP leaders for endorsing President Goodluck Jonathan as the sole presidential candidate in 2015 election.

Balewa described Nigeria as the legendary Animal Farm where some animals are more equal than others.

He said Jonathan’s adoption by the PDP National Working Committee was nothing short of “exuberance of wrongdoers.”
While chatting with journalists on Friday in Abuja, he urged the Independent National Electoral Commission to ensure that every single person who feels he or she can deliver dividends of democracy to the people, is given a level playing ground.

He said, “This is about our country. We have had so many different things happening. We have gotten to a point that we have not been able to create institutions. I know that our democracy is supposed to be so young, especially this situation that we are in. But, without creating institutions, we will have no historical lineage.

“In democracy, everything that happens at the federal level, has to trickle down to the ward. Everybody needs to be able to have some recognition, whereby what happens at the Presidency should be repeated at the state level, at the governorship level and down to the ward.

“When you create some rules at the Presidency and you create another rule at the ward level, what do you think we are getting? We are getting Animal Farm, where some animals are more equal than others. That is not democracy. We need to have homogeneity.”

Balewa therefore advised the so-called powers-that-be in all political parties “and not just the PDP to look very closely at other democracies in the world.”

He added, “We do not need consensus candidacy, what we need is to be heard. Anyone that feels that he or she has something to give to this nation, should be allowed. I will want PDP to have a rethink over it. I am not conceding to any consensus arrangement. Let’s face the primaries.

Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/746-jonathan-s-endorsment-tafawa-balewa-s-son-insists-on-contesting-pdp-presidential-primaries
Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by Bugatie(m): 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
He should go and obtain the form now...

If more than one person obtains the form for president in the PdP, definitely there will be primaries.

So he should obtain the form if he feels he has a chance in the primaries.

GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by idrisa334: 9:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
Purchase form and stop making noise sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by Mogidi: 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Its only APC that hates primaries, he can get a form and try, I wish him Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by jchima14: 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
Candid advise keep quiet and wait till 2027 then you may have a chance.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by jaytee01(m): 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
[b][/b]WHY?
Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by jaytee01(m): 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
WHY IS GEJ AFRAID OF PRIMARIES IN PDP?
Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by mazzi: 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
This guy no go go sit down one corner?he waste him small?ok bring it on uncle jona is waiting.
Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by mazzi: 11:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
jaytee01:
[b][/b]WHY?
Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by eye4eye: 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mogidi:
Its only APC that hates primaries, he can get a form and try, I wish him Goodluck.

May God run your life the same way PDP has been running Nigeria affairs since 1999. Amen grin
Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by mazzi: 12:00am On Oct 25, 2014
jaytee01:
[b][/b]WHY?
Mogidi:
jaytee01:
[b][/b]WHY?
Re: Jonathan's Endorsment: Tafawa Balewa's Son Insists On Contesting PDP Primaries by mazzi: 12:02am On Oct 25, 2014
My man mogid i have been observing u even be4 registering.u too dey make sense,thumps up.

(1) (Reply)

Why Has The Minister Of Petroleum Not Been Sacked? / 130 Million Nigerians Cannot Afford A Car - Ngozi Okonjo-iweala / History Is Made By Gej Or The Student Killed? Must See!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.