Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:32 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (60363 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dominique(f): 11:04am On Nov 27, 2008
i really wanted bordeaux to win that match, that almost last minute goal would sent the brigde boys to uefa cup (that can still happen), even their agbero supporters could say anything.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2008
We are going through a crisis of confidence. . . . . the players are losing faith in LFS's pass pass pass mantra. . . . thats why they rebelled against it today, turning back to fear football

I respect the fact that you are trying to bare your mind . . I however think you might be misleading others into believing that this is the case. . . There are several other points to consider and in-depth analysis will reveal some vital consideration like. . .

Firstly . . . I cannot count how many times Malouda's unintelligible acts could have fetched us a goal. Even though LPS believes a lot in the passing game. . I also believe he's not got the complete recipe for it. . If Malouda were a liitle more creative, We could have gotten a goal at least in the first half. . now while I am not saying Malouda is the cause of us losing, all the small things add up to become a disaster. . Malouda should be done away with and we get a more creative winger . . that can beat one person to open space for others. . until then, we will continue to see matches like this. .

Secondly. . . You compared their defense to "eye of a needle"  Well. .  aw do we counter attack that? You can't counter-attack a team that puts all men in front of goal . . You have to pass through them . . . Other point is, if by some way, there's a chance for a counter, you can't do it with Malouda. . several times yesterday, the defender caught up with him even before he had a chance for a touch. . He's bloody too uncreative and and slow for a counter. . Joey and Kalou on the other hand are quicker but they just can't keep the ball with and are far too light. .

Thirdly. . . the solution to this which would have been crossing the ball into the 18-yrd for a header won't work . . for as long we have Anelka, Joe, Malouda, Kalou leading the front line . .What's common with them ? They can't jump, they can't head and they can't contest in the air. . the alternative is Drogba and Well we all know the story . .Let's just say he's "Unfit"

Now I know this is fast looking like a another cheer-leading support for LPS . . I want to assure you it is not. . We have a problem with personnel . . and to execute tactics, we have to get it spot on . . I mean compare Kalou, Malouda, Anelka and Joey to Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov. . . which group will you settle for? It's a no brainer. .

Goal keeping to midfield, I think we are pretty decent. . . Our front line needs to change. . We need better, more creative and quicker players upfront. . We need two tall, strong and pacy strikers and able to hold the ball. . . great headers of the ball and two footed. .

It seems bad. . but there's still a long way to go. . I know we all want to win the CL . . It doesn't look like we can . . but one thing is sure . . . We'll flog Arsenal on Sunday and the premiership is ours. . . until then let's give this man some time. . I want to see him buy his own players for his tactics. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mukina2: 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2008
A-40:

Now i see the point some people where making on Drogba mehn that guy can't even run anymore i don't think he can cope with Scolari's formation and style IMO

Besides that Bordeaux deserved more than a point and on this display i am confident Arsenal can get away with a result from the Bridge

Since Roma won there is very possibility you guys could finish second and knowing UEFA very well i am sure they would be keen to re-unite Chelsea with their long lost lover Jose Mourinho in the knockout stages

I wonder why drogba was brought in sef , They played more crap than us, Bordeaux dominated the match, Anelka was busy creating offside traps and one slip up and he scored.

Both lampard and Terry should have been red-carded.
Gourcuff is something else . .i wish we can buy him sad

Chamakh gave cashley a run for his money grin grin i loved it, pity he didnt get his red card too.

I pitied cech grin he made lots of brilliant saves
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by babazenith: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2008
fed-up: should blues get rid of drogba? lets discuss.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2008
babazenith:

fed-up: should blues get rid of drogba? lets discuss.

Actually that could be a good way to start. . . I think we should talk about this guys. .

My Response. .
I actually do not know. . . He came in yesterday and bar the fact that he was injured, he did not seem very concerned. . there was some point he could have chased the ball . . he didn't . . even Lamps was frustrated. . . What should we do?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2008
nateevs:

[/b]

It seems bad. . but there's still a long way to go. . I know we all want to win the CL . . It doesn't look like we can . . but one thing is sure . . . We'll flog Arsenal on Sunday and the premiership is ours. . . until then let's give this man some time. . [b]I want to see him buy his own players for his tactics. .

I am laughing hard in Hausa.

2 days ago, the vstory was he made Malouda,Mikel etc play better.

Today, it was let him buy his own player.

We have one of the strongest team in the world.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2008
Now you'll flog Arsenal on Sunday? cheesy grin grin

Nateevs you are pretty good at coming up with excuses to let Scolari out of jail - did Scolari not sell other players during the Summer? Why didn't he sell Malouda if he didn't feel the boy was good enough? What about Kalou? Couldn't he easily have sold him as well?

'buy his own players for his own tactics' - this man was in charge all summer and bought players, so when are we expecting him to 'buy his own players'? That is blatant excuse making to me. Whose tactics was he playing all this while when you were praising him to the high heavens?

Scolari says he is happy with his squad, so I will hold him to those words - if he doesn't succeed it is HIS fault. As far as I know he didn't bid for strikers and be turned down - the only person he wanted and didn't get was Robinho, so is this all down to one player not being signed? A good enough coach can work with his players to yield success.

Man Utd won two titles and the CL WITHOUT a proven CF - he did that by using Ronaldo as a sub-striker and moulding him into that sort of player - If Scolari cannot mould his players to achieve his aims, he isn't as good as you think he is.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2008
debosky:

Now you'll flog Arsenal on Sunday? cheesy grin grin

Nateevs you are pretty good at coming up with excuses to let Scolari out of jail - did Scolari not sell other players during the Summer? Why didn't he sell Malouda if he didn't feel the boy was good enough? What about Kalou? Couldn't he easily have sold him as well?

'buy his own players for his own tactics' - this man was in charge all summer and bought players, so when are we expecting him to 'buy his own players'? That is blatant excuse making to me. Whose tactics was he playing all this while when you were praising him to the high heavens?

Scolari says he is happy with his squad, so I will hold him to those words - if he doesn't succeed it is HIS fault. As far as I know he didn't bid for strikers and be turned down - the only person he wanted and didn't get was Robinho, so is this all down to one player not being signed? A good enough coach can work with his players to yield success.

Man Utd won two titles and the CL WITHOUT a proven CF - he did that by using Ronaldo as a sub-striker and moulding him into that sort of player - If Scolari cannot mould his players to achieve his aims, he isn't as good as you think he is.

God bless you brother.

Christmas present on the way to Canada[ i.e Scholari's shirt with Ashley Cole's name written on it]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mykali(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2008
debosky:

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2008

Do you think this you have written in anyway relates to what Wenger is doing ?
Oh! Let me help you. . . . Wenger has been in charge for ages. . . He had a chance to sign players . . He didn't . . He says he's happy with his squad. .Now he goes on a string of loses and draws. . . If Wenger cannot mould his players to achieve his aims, he isn't as good as you think he is. . .

Aha! How does it sound now?. . . Utterly Ridiculous is the answer. . .

You can't just write things for a particular purpose. . You must be able to defend it on all fronts. .It's always easier to write about others don't you think. .  

Making excuses for LPS is not the point. . but that I reached a stage where I do not just start talking about changing the manager because some went wrong. . . yes LPS saw Kalou, Malouda and others. . could have sold them but decided not to. . wanted to see aw good they could be. . they did improve. . but there's a big difference between improvement and consistency. . the latter is what they lack. .

Now you can't say because a manager decides to go down this route and it back fires. . then he isn't good as I think he is . . That's ridiculous. . . . I can't begin to name the players JM signed and did not work and those he could have sold and he did not. . So that means he is not good. . . . . He can't even do half of what he did at Chelsea with Inter. . . . So that means he is not good. . .

And why can't we flog Arsenal on sunday. . . because no one here has the confidence to say it?

@Akola.

LPS is an idiot . . he should have seen that coming yesterday. . . With the way we are going we will not win anything . . as a mata of fact he is not good enough for Chelsea. . Fire him!

Is that what you want to hear from me?

Look, I can't join the league of those who can't wait to come to the forum to say[b] "I TOLD YOU"[/b]. . .I don't blame coffee spillage in the kitchen on the manager. . .  I am not ashamed to support LPS . . . I believe he can pull anything off. . . You don't. . .  too bad.

No comments about today's match until after 19Hrs GMT on sunday. .was your comment. . . You hope we lose so that after the game you can come and say "I TOLD YOU" . . . and then you say "GOD BLESS YOU", clap and cheer anyone who says we can't beat Arsenal and we can't win anything. .because you don't like LPS. . Aw Pathetic!

If you think it's blind fanaticism. . I'm sorry I can't help it. . .  LPS is world class no mata how you feel about him . . . He will learn some things as time moves and correct some mistakes. . and he will succeed. .
Compare him to anyone you like. . Wenger, Fergie, JM whoeva. . It's his first time in a european club and I think he's doing just fine. . .

Meanwhile . . Have a laugh!

I back him 100%

In JM's last year with us . . we started pulling out bad results . . very bad ones. . . Those results were blamed on anything alive . . on Roman, Kenyon, the ref, . . .  almost blamed it on the angels. . . It wasn't JM that got the bad results. . It's was the forces that did not allow him to get his results. .  
What's changed now. . ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2008
You're fond of comparing apples and oranges - We all know of the financial constraints in the case of AW, and his words have to be interpreted in the light of the obvious funding shortfalls available.

The Scolari situation, however, is not the same - he hasn't won ANYTHING in England, while AW has won 3 premierships and 4 FA cups - based on pedigree alone, AW can be excused for failing to win for a couple of seasons, especially when he has stated clearly that he is conducting a 'youth experiment'.

Once again, you go off on a tangent talking about specific players, all in your attempt to justify Scolari. But, in your usual manner, you miss the central theme in an attempt to score points and somehow equate Scolari with other coaches.

Mourinho came into Chelski and won back to back titles - in that time he had issues with players, but his inherent ability meant that he won titles despite that. Fergie had player problems with no CF, he won the league back to back despite that. Benitez had a team of average players for the most part, he won the CL depsite that in his firs[/b]t full season. AW came in with a team languishing in UEFA cup places, he won the league and cup double despite that in his [b]first full season. I'm sure you get the message now.

If your excuse for justifying Scolari's potential failure to win this season is players, then it is not acceptable. Even Benitez who is world renowned for complaining still won the CL when he came here, thereby buying him time to perfect his premiership team.

In your last surmise, you are comparing Mourinho's LAST season with the current situation - why not compare Mourinho's first season that he won the league in?

The fact is this - Scolari was brought in to win trophies - if he fails to do that with a set of players he has claimed are sufficient to do that he is not as good as he thinks he is - something must be off, be it judgment of players or failed strategy. The only Caveat to that is having massive injury list that severely depletes your squad.

Your attempt to remove blame from Scolari is laughable - did anyone blame Fabregas for Arsenal not winning the premiership? They blamed Wenger.

People refused to blame JM because of the obvious back-room interferences going on, coupled with a natural bad run of form - such consideration was EARNED by JM due to his previous performance in the same job, not based on some claim to world class from somewhere else - he performed in the job so people believed in him, ditto Fergie, AW and Benitez.

Scolari cannot be given that consideration till he delivers something we can point to at Chelsea - till then, he remains fair game for blaming for any shortcomings of this team.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 4:59pm On Nov 27, 2008
Debosky
In Nateevs eyes Scolari and Anelka can do no wrong.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2008
nateevs:

Actually that could be a good way to start. . . I think we should talk about this guys. .

My Response. .
I actually do not know. . . He came in yesterday and bar the fact that he was injured, he did not seem very concerned. . there was some point he could have chased the ball . . he didn't . . even Lamps was frustrated. . . What should we do?

Form is temporary, class is permanent!!!
This is a temporary blip and i expect Chelsea to go through it without a blemish.
All u have to do is beat Cluj at SB and qualify.(U might finish 2nd in the group though)
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2008
nateevs link=topic=196587.msg3147278#msg3147278 date=12277968

In JM's last year with us . . [size=14pt:

we started pulling out bad results . . very bad ones.[/size] . . Those results were blamed on anything alive . . on Roman, Kenyon, the ref, . . . almost blamed it on the angels. . . It wasn't JM that got the bad results. . It's was the forces that did not allow him to get his results. .
What's changed now. . ?

Look at you.

These are the bad results

1) We drew 1-1 to Rosenbourge at home

2) Lost 0-2 to Aston in Villa

[size=14pt]Unknown to some idiots there is just 2 points difference between JM's Chelsea and The-then League Leaders[/size] at the time he was sacked.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2008
Akolawole:

Look at you.

These are the bad results

1) We drew 1-1 to Rosenbourge at home

2) Lost 0-2 to Aston in Villa

[size=14pt]Unknown to some idiots there is just 2 points difference between JM's Chelsea and The-then League Leaders[/size] at the time he was sacked.

I don't think so. . . . . .U drew with Blackburn at SB when Christopher Samba's head was kicked.
Chelsea also drew with Liverpool at Anfield. . . .Matter of fact, Rob Styles awarded Chelsea a dubious penalty to force a draw in the game.
U cannot but admit Chelsea weren't convincing in that period. They dropped points in the games they coulda won.
Chelsea were 2 points adrift of Arsenal(league leaders) as at then because Arsenal HAD a game in hand. Potentially, they were 5 points BELOW.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Nateeves

Why am i waiting for Sunday?

Ans: (1) To see how he does in Big matches (2) Since according to him Arsenal will not be seating back like Newcastle so i want to see him beating them.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1962490.ece
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2008
I am a supporter of LFS. . . . . but we must be practical. . . . .we cannot pass our way through everything. . . . we must vary our play. . . . I will leave the rest of my comments till Sunday after we play Arsenal. . . .this is a pivotal week for LFS. . .

Now, to the players. . . . someone mentioned Drogba. . . . I have been saying on here for sometime that Drogba is not the same player that he was physically. . . . he is slower and has less stamina. . . . this started in January 2007, when he stopped working hard after he hit 20 goals for that season. . . . his physical abilities are diminished. . . . secondly, where is Makelele? . . . we are missing him. . . .Mikel is way too open to the counterattack . . . . our midfield turns to jelly when we are hit on the counterattack. . . . . . Kalou and Malouda gotta go. . . . Kalou has kay leg, thats why he lacks accuracy in his crossing and passing. . . . no amount of training can correct this, it's a physical deficiency. . . . Anelka is doing his thing. . . . as far as I am concerned, he has cleared his name this season. . . . I don't know why Somze keeps attacking him. . . . we all know Anelka is a counterattacking striker, not a striker to play in tight spaces, therefore to keep blaming him for not scoring in tight games is ridiculous. . . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2008
@ Sauron

when did drawing against Liverpool and drawing against Blackburn become 'bad results'? undecided

Isn't drawing against Cluj, even if it's away, worse than drawing against a seasoned CL competitor like Rosenborg??

The fact is, they remained only 2 POINTS behind the league leaders - No one sacked Fergie or Benitez for being even further behind at that time did they? Liverpool had an even worse run in the CL, still no one called for his sack.

Scolari has played a number of big games, and I'm still highly unconvinced - Lost to Liverpool, drew against MU (both at home) squeaked past Roma with a 1-0 win, got hammered 3-0 away and then this draw to Bordeaux. Not convincing in the least.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2008
debosky:

@ Sauron
when did drawing against Liverpool and drawing against Blackburn become 'bad results'?  undecided

Under Jose Mourinho, those were bad results. How can a Jose Mourinho team play a goalless draw with the Blackies at SB??
Anfield is anutha ground JM's team have showed class and grit and yet they were rescued by "Robbin' Styles".

Isn't drawing against Cluj, even if it's away, worse than drawing against a seasoned CL competitor like Rosenborg??
The fact is, they remained only 2 POINTS behind the league leaders - No one sacked Fergie or Benitez for being even further behind at that time did they? Liverpool had an even worse run in the CL, still no one called for his sack.

Rosenborg is a seasoned competitior?? Are u shitting me??
They got a draw at SB, they even scored first to make matters worse.
SB was a fortress under Mourinho. . . . .Teams sweat to score a goal and this team rated 78th in Europe copped a draw??

Jose Mourinho's previous record was immaculate. . . . .Roman and Chelsea fans got used to winning and winning.
Maintaining such high standard was always going to be Jose's nemesis. To be the best, u gotta keep winning.
The slightest scratch gets noticed quickly and United's premiership title in 06/7 didn't help matters.

Scolari has played a number of big games, and I'm still highly unconvinced - Lost to Liverpool, drew against MU (both at home) squeaked past Roma with a 1-0 win, got hammered 3-0 away and then this draw to Bordeaux. Not convincing in the least.

It's too early to say. . . . . .
Chelsea are still the league leaders and that means they are better off now than they were at this stage last season.
Under-estimate Chelsea at your own peril. They are capable of winning 12 league games in a trot without blinking.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 6:36pm On Nov 27, 2008
Rosenborg IS a seasoned competitor, they have made multiple appearances in the CL before then.

Even if they were 'bad' results, did Maureen lose at SB to ANYONE in the League? Even Avram didn't. We all know how Scolari has maintained that record.

His record has been poor so far in big games, Sunday might just make it soon enough to make some preliminary conclusions.  tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2008
debosky:

Rosenborg IS a seasoned competitor, they have made multiple appearances in the CL before then.

Even if they were 'bad' results, did Maureen lose at SB to ANYONE in the League? Even Avram didn't.

His record has been poor so far in big games, Sunday might just make it soon enough to make some preliminary conclusions. tongue

Don't be naive. . . . . . .
Man Utd's results in the head to head games in 06/07 were appaling.
Lost HOME n AWAY to Arsenal, DREW both games with Chelsea, and TROUNCED the Scousers HOME n AWAY and we WON the league.
U cannot necessarily say Scolari is bad because he lost a game at SB. A game is a game and thatz what it is.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2008
~Sauron~:

1)I don't think so. . . . . .U drew with Blackburn at SB when Christopher Samba's head was kicked.
Chelsea also drew with Liverpool at Anfield. . . .Matter of fact, Rob Styles awarded Chelsea a dubious penalty to force a draw in the game.
U cannot but admit Chelsea weren't convincing in that period. They dropped points in the games they coulda won.

2) Chelsea were 2 points adrift of Arsenal(league leaders) as at then because Arsenal HAD a game in hand. Potentially, they were 5 points BELOW.

1) You goofed Man

2) Its just 2 points while were on the same 11 points with eventual winner in United at that time

For the records, here is the full results;

1) 12/08/07 Chelsea 3 vs B/City 2 Home win

2) 15/08/07 Reading 1 vs Chelsea 2 Away Win

3) 19/08/07 Liverpool 1 vs Chelsea 1 Away Draw

4) 25/08/07 Chelsea 1 vs Portsmouth 0 Home win

5) 02/09/07 Villa 2 vs Chelsea 0 Away loss

6) 15/09/07 Chelsea 0 Vs Blackburn Rovers 0 Home Draw

11 points out of a maximum 18

Mathematically, thats 61% of the points and in the University its B.

What a very very bad result in the eyes of Prophet Nateeves and his cohorts grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2008
Well maybe in Mourinho's standard, it is a very bad results.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2008
@ Akolawole,

Shevchenko kicked Samba's head in the 90th minute and Samba was stretchered out!!!
I can remember that incident very well so it was no goof!!

Secondly, Arsenal played LESS games than their rivals because they had to play a CL-qualifier in Europe.
They did not play their GAME IN HAND until December so Chelsea coulda fallen 5 points adrift of Arsenal EASILY.
11 points out of 18 points is a poor result because of the high standards set by Jose Mourinho in the previous seasons.

2004/5, it was 14 points out of 18
2005/6, it was 18 points out of 18.
2006/7, it was 15 points out of 18.

As u can see, the stats showed Jose Mourinho had lost the PLOT before he was sacked.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by tkb417(m): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2008
Form is temporary, class is permanent!!!
This is a temporary blip and i expect Chelsea to go through it without a blemish.
All u have to do is beat Cluj at SB and qualify.(U might finish 2nd in the group though)

yeah come second and play Barcelona. get walloped both home and away.
what will happen? Scolari will run back to Portugal and we'll take back our CQ cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2008
What stupid stats??

He dropped 4 points more than he had in previous seasons and he had 'lost the plot'?  undecided

I hope nateevs hasn't infected you with his inverted form of reasoning. JM was sacked over personality clashes and interference in the first team. His results suffered partly as A RESULT of that interference, not because of his lack of ability.

~Sauron~:

Don't be naive. . . . . . .
Man Utd's results in the head to head games in 06/07 were appaling.
Lost HOME n AWAY to Arsenal, DREW both games with Chelsea, and TROUNCED the Scousers HOME n AWAY and we WON the league.
U cannot necessarily say Scolari is bad because he lost a game at SB. A game is a game and thatz what it is.
The fact remains that MU's big game form was poor that season - previous to that MU had good games against their major opponents.

Scolari is just starting and has no pedigree in England to be judged against except his recent results - The head to heads WILL be important this season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:11pm On Nov 27, 2008
debosky:

What stupid stats??
He dropped 4 points more than he had in previous seasons and he had 'lost the plot'?  undecided

By Roman's standards, he lost the plot.
Besides, there were other undercurrents(the class A eggs in Waitrose et al)

I hope nateevs hasn't infected you with his inverted form of reasoning. JM was sacked over personality clashes and interference in the first team. His results suffered partly as A RESULT of that interference, not because of his lack of ability.
The fact remains that MU's big game form was poor that season - previous to that MU had good games against their major opponents.

Don't spin the gist. . . . . .MU's big game form was poor in 2006/7 and they won the LEAGUE TITLE.
There's nuthing to show that Chelsea won't win the league even if they lose all their remaining HEAD TO HEAD games.
Scolari is getting results against small teams(teams United, Liverpool and Arsenal have dropped points against).
You guys also forget anutha factor. . . . . . .Their handsome goals difference(it's an extra point as shown in the title race of last season).

Scolari is just starting and has no pedigree in England to be judged against except his recent results - The head to heads WILL be important this season.

Head to Head would be shyte this season IF Chelsea's rivals continue to drop points against Villa, Everton, Hull, Stoke.
There are more points to be copped winning against 15 teams than a mini league of 4 teams.
Apart from the prestige and the moronic English media, these games are highly overrated.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Jack

You made me remember Lady Sharon grin

Your statistics hold no water.

@Debosky

Thank you jare.

Big game is very very important. Liverpool dont seem to lose "yeye" points as in those days. If Chelsea lose to Arsenal(both home and away), lose at Old Trattford and Anfield, i am sure they wont win the league.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2008
Akolawole:

@Jack

You made me remember Lady Sharon grin

Your statistics hold no water.

The statistics hold more than water.
Jose Mourinho didn't look like challenging last season.
He made stupid signings, he couldn't solve the RB problem and had to play Essien as a full back throughout.
There were so many things he failed at.

Big game is very very important. Liverpool don't seem to lose "yeye" points as in those days. If Chelsea lose to Arsenal(both home and away), lose at Old Trattford and Anfield, i am sure they wont win the league.

Arsenal copped 11 points in the BIG GAMES of 06/7 and finished 4th.
Chelsea copped 7 points and finished 2nd.
United copped 8 points and WON the league.
What is the point here??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2008
~Sauron~:

The statistics hold more than water.
Jose Mourinho didn't look like challenging last season.
He made stupid signings, he couldn't solve the RB problem and had to play Essien as a full back throughout.

Does SAF looks like Challenging at that time even though he is on the same point with SACKABLE mourinho
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2008
Akolawole:

Does SAF looks like Challenging at that time even though he is on the same point with SACKABLE mourinho

Man Utd built a momentum after stuttering in the first few games.
It was D-D-L and 8 WINS(on the TROT).
Besides, United were the defending champions. . . . . .Chelsea were mere challengers and everyone expected em to fly out of the blocks.
U cannot compare.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Moyola(f): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2008
Hello to all Shell-sea fanzz in hia! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (98)

Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 6) On 4th October 2020 / Real Madrid vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 1) On 27th April 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.