Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,031 members, 7,966,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 12:13 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (61831 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2009
Meanwhile lets rejoice with our brother:

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1510242,00.html

Sunday is Sunday. The day we know if we are still on the road or its time to let it go for the season
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2009
Ibime:

With outsiders like Dayokanu and Sauron confirming my various critique of JM's transfer policy, I think we can safely say that the chickens are coming home to roost.

I was the lone voice on Nairaland speaking against JM's transfer policy more than a year ago, being browbeaten into silence by my fellow Chelsea-ites in every post on here.

I always said that there was no longevity in JM's strategy, but the idol-worshippers of Nairaland always ignored the facts on the ground in defence of their messiah. A few titles are good, but what legacy are you creating for the long run, except debt and short-termism at Chelsea? Wages skyrocketed, players were bought and sold like barrels of crude oil with no regard to cost and without proper market research.

I think those who worship at the altar of the special one should go and read the meaning of the word "management". Fiscal responsibility is key in management. I do not believe a manager is just a football coach. I believe he is a manager, just like a shop manager is a manager. You can be the best restaurant in town and win all the awards for cuisine, but if you are not taking care of the bottom line, the management of that restaurant is poor.

WORD!

Exactly why I clearly stated in my last post that Jose will be in my top 2 tacticians and never in my top 6 football and team managers. They are clearly different concepts. It is such a big shame that we've spent about £630m over five years and we are left with a team that can't even run for their lives. Proper football management ensures a future. We buy young, nurture, delay success, eventually win trophies, and then sell big.
Now we pay 31 year-old Lampard over £6m a year. What's even worse, we are paying him for the next four years. The only reason we do that is because we have failed to nurture an understudy who makes Lampard look like a league 2 player. Right now we should have at least two attacking midfielders in the 20 to 23 year bracket that constantly fill the shoes of Ballack, Lampard and Deco. Only then can we say "to hell with you" when Lampard rejects a £140,000 a year contract.

But No! We don't do that. Even our fellow fans are only trophy fans. "Pay Lampard what he wants. . . . it's what he deserves" instead, is what we hear. what he wants? No one thinks about stability, growth and sustainability of success. It's only trophy, trophy, trophy. Sack this manager, fire that manager. Short term fixes to long term problems.

Going round in circles, whilst spending hundreds of millions. We are very lucky with the debt structure we have. We will never be able to pay it back. We have the highest wage bill in the premiership. And even while we generated the second highest annual revenue in the premiership of over £220m, we still declare loses - loses of over £70m. Critical analysis of the club's books reveal that a chunk of that is due to high wages. Imagine we pay interests on the debts, Chelsea will be forgotten in 5 years.

While we still have a billionaire owner, we can still make it better. Focus from next summer, signing young players while we promote younger ones from the academy and reserves. Decide and believe in one manager that'l be willing to stay for a long time. And through thick and thin we will give him support, we will build a brand, reduce unnecessary wages bills and enhance prudence, only with these steps can we achieve sustained success.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2009
Ok let us hope we will be able to achieve right next season cos if LPS dont get me man u's head on sunday, it is near close for me
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by niyooo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2009
Maybe we need to learn a lesson or two from Derby County. Hope LPS is watching and not in some bar guzzling beer with 'em guys. undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HorneyChic(f): 11:07pm On Jan 07, 2009
Ok blues, Action Station! Lets learn a leesson from Derby and whip united's ass
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2009
Couldn't take my eyes off the match. I felt like a staunch Derby supporter. . . We should put Fergie's head on a plate. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 9:37am On Jan 08, 2009
Of course JM is to blame for our huge debt grin

Vintage Ibime and Nateevs!

I think I have shown beyond reasonable doubt that Ranieri the most wasteful manager we've had under Abramovich.

Again I wonder if it was JM's job to approve the club's wage structure.

Ibime and Nateevs will paint JM bad only to replace him with feather weights like Grant and LPS. Strangely, however, it's under LPS Lampard got his astronomical wage increase and Mikel also got a wonderful raise. Also players like Drogba and Terry hit massive new contracts under Grant.

As usual Ibime and Nateevs are champions in distorting and falsifying to support their anti-JM sentiments.

Spare me your blame game, we have a super sunday cruncher . . . will your LPS deliver?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Grizzly(m): 11:09am On Jan 08, 2009
@nateevs,
pls i'd like scolari's head on thats same damned plate!!!
That man is a dumb clueless f**k,
My patience is worn thin already,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 1:49pm On Jan 08, 2009
@ Somze,

I think we know beyond doubt who Tinkerman signed and who he didn't sign.

The fact remains that JM is the most wasteful manager in Chelsea history, besides Roman Abramovic himself.

When neutrals such as Sauron are telling you that JM was wasteful, you must take his words into consideration. Same with Dayokanu.

Firstly, Mikel's contract is nowhere near signed. Contract talks will take place next summer.

Drogba and Joe Cole's contract talks are also postponed to the summer.

You can imagine if JM was manager, he would be shouting from the rooftops "Give him a new contract now!".

All new humongous contract that any Chelsea player signs is simply to avoid the "economics of envy" between players. Since average players earned gazillions during JM era.

Secondly, Grant can best be described as an interim manager. He had no power to create any legacy and no leverage to weigh in on players contract talks.

Ballack has only been offered a performance-based deal.

Of course, JM is not the cause of our extravagance with money . . . but he did nothing to reign it in, like I know SAF and Wenger would do if they were in his position. Infact, he encouraged our extravagance.

I still maintain, and you are yet to reply me:

Why did JM threaten to walk out one-year after he joined Chelsea and was only pacified by a new humongous contract?

The fact is that JM is like a bitch who thinks RA is a sugardaddy. He didn't care how he spent his money. He pressured the board for money for wages, more money for transfers etc, every transfer window.

The difference between JM-era fans like yourself and Gullit-era fans like me and Nateevs is that we actually care about good governance. You only came after the money, hence good governance is not one of your priorities. You just came to join the party and wreck the mansion.

On another tangent, followers of EPL still do not understand the role of the "technical director" in football. The technical director is the owners last resort before sacking a fiscally irresponsible manager. He is simply there to reign in the spending of fiscally irresponsible managers. It is a fact that most managers never went to school and know nothing about finance. Thats why managers cry when a technical director is appointed over their heads - simply because the technical director does not allow them buy average players for humongous sums as he knows the market better and can buy the same type of player for cheap elsewhere.

Thats why fiscally irresponsible managers like Jose Mourinho, Kevin Keegan and Alan Curbishley had technical directors appointed over their heads - To keep costs low.

Unfortunately, clubs like Chelsea and Real Madrid have turned the notion of the technical director into a political tool to shift blame between themselves in the eyes of the fans.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2009
What a time to come back!

How's everyone including the left-wingers grin

Like my friend Nateeves used to say Premiership is blue. It is really Blue grin undecided cry

@Ibime

Somze is a chelsea to the core and he has been pre- Chief Mourinho.

Lets examine Somze's last post, LEGIBLY TOO.

somze:

Again I wonder if it was JM's job to approve the club's wage structure.

it's under LPS Lampard got his astronomical wage increase and Mikel also got a wonderful raise. Also players like Drogba and Terry hit massive new contracts under Grant.

1) How much was Lampard earning under JM

2) How much was he earning now?

3) How much was Didier earning under JM and who increases his pay and when?

4) What of John Terry

I would be happy if answers were provided in a legible manner NOT THE USUAL MUDDLING UP AND YEYE LONG POST.

@iBI

Give us links to your facts sir
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2009
Ibime,
Please keep your post to the barest minimum and go straight to point. You have no evidence pointing to when I or Nateevs joined Chelsea.

I don't know how good a governance we had under Bates. We lost Gullit (I did not complain), then we lost Vialli (I was devastated) just because of a bad start. The replacement - Ranieri - failed to win any cup.

I can't remember when last Chelsea was debt-free. You seem to live under the illusion that it was all rosy before RA. Dude, it took about 2 or more seasons for us to complete payments for Hasslebaink. We were never a wealthy, profit-making, out-of-debt club.

Of course, [b]JM is not the cause of our extravagance with mone[/b]y . . . but he did nothing to reign it in, like I know SAF and Wenger would do if they were in his position. Infact, he encouraged our extravagance.
At least we agree on something. The other highlighted is open to debate.

Anyway the funny part is you compared JM to the highest paid managers. So while SAF and Arsene get to be well paid, why should JM settle for less? What trophies did they have that he lacked? However, the reason for his new contract was to compensate him for the lack of support he received from the board during the Fritz fiasco.

The fact is that JM is like a bitch who thinks RA is a sugardaddy. He didn't care how he spent his money. He pressured the board for money for wages, more money for transfers etc, every transfer window.

Oh come on, which Manager does not ask for money for transfers? How much did SAF spend at the start of the season or the previous one? Name any club that does not spend to acquire players and I'll point you at their trophy cabinet.

The other part of the quote is at best hearsay, I am not even going to dignify that by replying.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2009
Grizzly:

@nateevs,hey are going to be more conscious
please i'd like scolari's head on thats same damned plate!!!
That man is a dumb clueless f**k,
My patience is worn thin already,

I couldnt agree with you more grizz. I am with u on any plan to get it effected.

meanwhile, Derby did the job we all plan to execute on sunday. They did it so well it was a beauty to look at. Now that that went south for them, They are going to be more concious and so we have to be double prepared to hit y=this one

Only if Scolari will for once kill excuses and just make this one work for us.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2009
cabali:

meanwhile, Derby did the job we all plan to execute on sunday. They did it so well it was a beauty to look at. Now that that went south for them, They are going to be more concious and so we have to be double prepared to hit y=this one

So because United lost narrowly to Derby County in a Carling Cup game @ Pride Park means Chelsea would come to OT and win??
I like your optimism.
Sunday is not too far away now to rib y'all money-bags.

@ Akolawole,

Letz be honest: Jose Mourinho was wasteful.
Of course, he bought big and gained instant success but there is more to football management.
Jose had no real future plans for Chelsea. The youth academy is non-existent and Jose failed to buy young talents who should be taking over now.

We can slaughter Ranieri from now till RAPture but was instrumental to Chelsea's success.
There is always going to be a title drought for a club rebuilding(that was Ranieri's era).
It happened to Ferguson, Wenger and many other top managers. . . . .U cannot blame Ranieri for that.
Jose came in when Chelsea was almost ripe to compete and bought here n there to fashion out a STRONG Chelsea side.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2009
@ Akola

Who you dey call left winger?. . . lol. . . take your time oh. . .

Happy new year, man. . . I knew this conversation would bring you out of hiding. . .

Anyway, before I answer your questions, don’t you think it’s typical that JM has already wasted £30m (Quaresma & Mancini) of the £43m Massimo Moratti gave him to spend at Inter? Different club, same shit.

Don’t you think it is typical that JM has failed again to sign a single successful “flair” player in all his time at Chelsea & Inter? His only success at Inter has been a marathon runner (Muntari) who would have been appreciated wherever he went just for sheer workrate. Typical, I’d say.

Now, to your question:

This is a three-pronged debate focusing on three facets of JM’s transfer policy:

(1.) The age of his signings
(2.) The amount of money wasted on transfer fees
(3.) The amount of wages paid.

You only chose to focus on part (3.) of that debate. Anyway, we can focus on that, but first I want an answer to this question:

Why did JM threaten to leave Chelsea after his first year and why was he only pacified by a humongous new contract which almost doubled his wages? This question remains unanswered for almost a year since we started having this debate.

Somze would have us believe that this new contract was equal to SAF and Wenger’s, but JM’s initial contract was already the fattest contract of any manager in the Prem. Only in recent times have Wenger and SAF started approaching £5m a year. JM’s contract in 2005 was already more than that.

Now to the question of wages . . .

There is no club where the manager sits in on contract negotiations. . . . however, the manager is supposed to recommend to the board what they think the player is worth.

Chelsea boardroom knows nothing about football, but neither does Arsenal or Liverpool. JM should have provided the resistance to the boardroom who don’t know the relative values of players, just like Wenger and I'm sure Benitez do.

I have given numerous examples of SAF and Wenger going to war over the amount of money that players were asking for. Don’t make me repeat myself.

Now, please give me one example where Jose went to war over the amount of money that players were asking for.
I have given numerous examples where he went to war with the board to force them to give players whatever they wanted. Again, don’t make me repeat myself.

These are the drawbacks of the ‘untouchables’ policy under JM where player power runs out of control and the manager provides no checks and balances.

All these questions remain unanswered by JM apostles.

Finally, just because I criticise JM does not mean I endorse any other manager since. I am a big critic of LPS.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2009
Now Jose is busy telling journalists in Italy that his contract is worth £12m a year, not the £6m that they claim it's worth.

JM apostles might not think this is a setting a bad precedent, but just wait till Ibrahimovic's contract is up for renewal.

Different club, same shit!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2009
@Ibi

Stop muddling up issues.

if i am not wrong, i asked few questions and i think i require answers. From there we can proceed. You are just running from pillar to post. awolowo to Azikwe to Anikulapo and Abacha. grin.

JM is not a saint. As much as i like him but i cursed him when need be.
Remember, Abacha is not Nigeria's problem  but Nigeriansgrin

Wetin concern me with JM and his Inter's team or his comment in italy. My team is chelsea. Period!

I dont need your epistle but facts backed up by URL.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2009
@Sauron

I should be minding my team but examine the following;

1) Was buying Berbatov for £30m justified at the age of 27?

2) was buying Rio six years ago cry for over £30m justified?

3) Rooney nko at close to £30m
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2009
Akolawole:

@Sauron

I should be minding my team but examine the following;

1) Was buying Berbatov for £30m justified at the age of 27?

2) was buying Rio six years ago cry for over £30m justified?

3) Rooney nko at close to £30m

1) It's too early to tell. . . . . . .If Berbatov goes on to help Man Utd retain the Premiership and the UEFA Champions league, then he woulda justified every penny spent on him by Ferguson.

2) Buying Rio 6 years ago at 30 million is over-justified. He has now formed the best defensive partnership with Neumanja Vidic.
Mind u, Rio has won the Premiership THREE TIMES, UEFA Champions league, FA Cup, Carling Cup and World Club Championship.
Only few English players have that kinda achievement.

3) Rooney at 30 milla is also over-justified. These are the players that make Man Utd tick.
Look back and tell me Rooney has not improved since the world cup in 2006 till date.
2 back to back titles and UEFA for a 23 year old in which his impact was immense. . . . .Terry and Lampard at 28 and 30 respectively cannot boast of such.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HorneyChic(f): 7:18pm On Jan 08, 2009
Praying and fasting LFS doesn't mess this up. If he does, surely its bye to silverware this season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by HorneyChic(f): 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2009
Berbetov, worst buy of the season. Used to be a big fan of him at Leverkusen and Spurs. Truth is, he is spent. Sir Alex got it wrong this time. Rooney and Ferdinard, money well spent.
And why an i discussing Man U on this board?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

1) It's too early to tell. . . . . . .If Berbatov goes on to help Man Utd retain the Premiership and the UEFA Champions league, then he woulda justified every penny spent on him by Ferguson.

2) Buying Rio 6 years ago at 30 million is over-justified. He has now formed the best defensive partnership with Neumanja Vidic.
Mind u, Rio has won the Premiership THREE TIMES, UEFA Champions league, FA Cup, Carling Cup and World Club Championship.
Only few English players have that kind of achievement.

3) Rooney at 30 milla is also over-justified. These are the players that make Man Utd tick.
Look back and tell me Rooney has not improved since the world cup in 2006 till date.
2 back to back titles and UEFA for a 23 year old in which his impact was immense. . . . .Terry and Lampard at 28 and 30 respectively cannot boast of such.

I see.

Does that mean those Mourinho flops could have been justified if JM won the champions league?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 7:28pm On Jan 08, 2009
@All

I wouldnt mind if Elders comment on Sauron's comment.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2009
Akolawole:

I see.
Does that mean those Mourinho flops could have been justified if JM won the champions league?

Of course, the amount spent on players are justified by the number of titles they won collectively.
In 2007/8, Ferguson spent 60 million pounds on Tevez, Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson.
After winning the European double and the world club championships, have u heard anything about the amount spent?? No.
Letz flip the coin, if United had gone trophyless last season. . . .Do u really think the media won't revisit the 60 million pounds spent??
Why do u think Wenger buys cheap players?? It is because he doesn't want to be criticised if he buys big players and ended up winning nothing. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2009
Berbatov is a waste of money for now. I prefer the Tevez and Rooney combination which gives Ronaldo more freedom to go forward because they always cover him.

Rooney's £30m is fully justified. They can still sell him tomorrow for the same price.

Ferdinand was bought at a time when £30m was a common price to pay for players. At that time, the transfer market was in the middle of a bubble which ended in 2003. Crespo, Ronaldo, Vieiri and such went for more than £30m at about the same time. By the way, Ferdinand is the greatest defender I have seen in the Premiership.

Akolawole:

1) How much was Lampard earning under JM

3) How much was Didier earning under JM and who increases his pay and when?

4) What of John Terry

I would be happy if answers were provided in a legible manner NOT THE USUAL MUDDLING UP AND YEYE LONG POST.

(1.) Lampard contract negotiations started under JM, not yesterday. Lampard's been earning £95,000 since 2004. JM put pressure on the board to give him what he wanted, even insinuating several times that he was worth as much as Sheva and Ballack. This was when Sheva and Ballacks wages were considered obscene and based on their performances as world class players at previous clubs. They gave Lampard an obscene contract only under threat of free transfer and to keep him from going to Inter. He earns £120,000 now rising to £150,000 in 2011 and dropping back to £80,000 in 2013.

(2.) Drogba talks started under JM. Again, JM put pressure on the board. Drogba earned £91,000 under JM, now its £100,000.

(3.) John Terry talks started under JM. Same story again. Kenyon gave him what he wanted just like he gave Drogba,  Essien and such to keep them from leaving after the farcical way JM's sacking was handled and an unqualified coach like Grant brought to replace him.

(4.) JM also put pressure on the board to give Gallas new contract at £90,000, the same as Terry.

Now, answer the questions I have been asking for months:

Why did JM threaten to leave Chelsea after his first year and why was he only pacified by a humongous new contract which almost doubled his wages?

I have given numerous examples of SAF and Wenger going to war over the amount of money that players were asking for. Don’t make me repeat myself.

Now, please give me one example where Jose went to war over the amount of money that players were asking for.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2009
Ibime:

Berbatov is a waste of money for now. I prefer the Tevez and Rooney combination which gives Ronaldo more freedom to go forward because they always cover him.

1) Rooney's £30m is fully justified. They can still sell him tomorrow for the same price.

2) Ferdinand was bought at a time when £30m was a common price to pay for players. At that time, the transfer market was in the middle of a bubble which ended in 2003. Crespo, Ronaldo, Vieiri and such went for more than £30m at about the same time. By the way, Ferdinand is the greatest defender I have seen in the Premiership.

1) Beside his Englishness, can you buy Rooney for £30m?

2) Greatest Defender? In your own opinion. The Peckham man is a lucky chap. When he was bought by Leeds, he command stupid money as well. He get ridiculous money NOT because is is super good but his maroon pssport. Vidic do dirty work for him the same way Ricardo does for Terry.

When are you going to start short but meaningful writing? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 9:51pm On Jan 08, 2009
I go with Akolawole.

Rooney was bought for 30million that was too much and grossly overpriced.
Rio Ferdinand was bought for 30million in 2002 was too much.
That is like 50million Dollars!!!

Considering that CR7 and vidic were bought for like a third of that amount

Check what these 3 have achieved and how important they are to the team as against the previous 2

Definitely the colour of their passpost made their price that high
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2009
Ibime:

He has not even completed 5 months at Man Utd and people are saying he is a waste of money!!!!
Jeeeez. . . . . . .Can u remember the first 6 months of Vidic and Evra @ Man Utd??
People said the same thing then but they swallowed their words. . . . .
I think it's too premature to judge Berbatov.

Akolawole:

1) Beside his Englishness, can you buy Rooney for £30m?

Why not??  Shevchenko was how much??
Rooney's £30m includes add-on fees if he wins the league and UEFA. . . . .
Besides that, Rooney is still 23. . . . . . .He has a resale value unlike Shevchenko. grin

2) Greatest Defender? In your own opinion. The Peckham man is a lucky chap. When he was bought by Leeds, he command stupid money as well. He get ridiculous money NOT because is is super good but his maroon pssport. Vidic do dirty work for him the same way Ricardo does for Terry.

Rio Ferdinand has been super good in the last 18 months.
Vidic doing his dirty work is a "myth" Vidic did not feature against Barcelona for 180 mins and Ferdinand did not put a foot wrong.
He marshalled his defence and Vidic was not missed.
Let it be known Barcelona's attack was the best in Europe when the match was played.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2009
Ibime:

(1.) Lampard contract negotiations started under JM, not yesterday. Lampard's been earning £95,000 since 2004. JM put pressure on the board to give him what he wanted, even insinuating several times that he was worth as much as Sheva and Ballack. This was when Sheva and Ballacks wages were considered obscene and based on their performances as world class players at previous clubs. They gave Lampard an obscene contract only under threat of free transfer and to keep him from going to Inter. He earns £120,000 now rising to £150,000 in 2011 and dropping back to £80,000 in 2013.

(2.) Drogba talks started under JM. Again, JM put pressure on the board. Drogba earned £91,000 under JM, now its £100,000.

(3.) John Terry talks started under JM. Same story again. Kenyon gave him what he wanted just like he gave Drogba,  Essien and such to keep them from leaving after the farcical way JM's sacking was handled and an unqualified coach like Grant brought to replace him.

(4.) JM also put pressure on the board to give Gallas new contract at £90,000, the same as Terry.

Under JM!
Under JM!!
Under JM!!!

Maybe we started losing points stupidly at the Bridge because JM's juju was laid beside Peter Osgood one. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2009
Maybe Essiens contract started with JM as well

Init Ibime?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2009
Rio Ferdinand has been super good in the last 18 months.
Vidic doing his dirty work is a "myth" Vidic did not feature against Barcelona for 180 mins and Ferdinand did not put a foot wrong.
He marshalled his defence and Vidic was not missed.
Let it be known Barcelona's attack was the best in Europe when the match was played.

False!!!  GUFFANTI DOES IT AGAIN!!!!

April 6 2008 Barcelona 0 Getafe 0
April 12 2008 Recreativo 2 Barcelona 2
April 19 2008 Barcelona 0 Espanyol 0
April 26 2008 Deportivo 2 Barcelona 0
Man utd played Barcelona between April 22 and April 30 2008

An attack that scored 2 goals in 4 games is really the best in Europe when the match was played. A ratio of 1 goal in 2 games. 2 goals in 360 minutes of football. Best attack indeed!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2009
Ibime:

Now, answer the questions I have been asking for months:

1) Why did JM threaten to leave Chelsea after his first year and why was he only pacified by a humongous new contract which almost doubled his wages?

2) Now, please give me one example where Jose went to war over the amount of money that players were asking for.

Its not for months you have been asking that, its was shortly when you joined Nairaland and you later provided on "unproven yeye link" to support that grin

Provide it again to get your 2:1 grin

2) Why should he? A good coach must make sure his players are happy. A coach is different from Financial manager. With all the strong head of Wenger, what did he do to Adebayo?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Rooney was bought for 30million that was too much and grossly overpriced.
Rio Ferdinand was bought for 30million in 2002 was too much.
That is like 50million Dollars!!!

Look at this goat analysing the transfer market with no nous. . . . .

Rooney was bought after EURO 2004. . . . .A competition Rooney blazed despite getting crocked in the Q-finals.
Buying him then at 30 million was not overpriced unless you are a consummate idiot.

Rio Ferdinand was well established at Leeds before Fergie splashed 30 milla on him.
He featured for England in Korea/Japan 2002.
Paying 30 million for him then has been justified.

Considering that CR7 and vidic were  bought for like a third of that amount
Check what these 3 have achieved and how important they are to the team as against the previous 2

CR7 was 18 when United bought him.
Never represented Portugal in a major tournament, it was even hard to see if he was going to cope with the pace of the Premiership.
Wenger felt the 12 million Sporting Lisbon placed on him was TOO much and you are here spewing trumpery.
Same can be said about Vida. . . . . .His country missed EURO 2004, never played in any major tournament.
Russian league was piss poor in 2006, so who pays 30 million for an unknown defender??

Definitely the colour of their passpost made their price that high

We can as well say Shevchenko is British?? Essien?? Berbatov?? Veron?? Reyes??

dayokanu:

False!!!  GUFFANTI DOES IT AGAIN!!!!

April 6 2008 Barcelona 0 Getafe 0
April 12 2008 Recreativo 2 Barcelona 2
April 19 2008 Barcelona 0 Espanyol 0
April 26 2008 Deportivo 2 Barcelona 0
Man utd played Barcelona between April 22 and April 30 2008

An attack that scored 2 goals in 4 games is really the best in Europe when the match was played. A ratio of 1 goal in 2 games. 2 goals in 360 minutes of football. Best attack indeed!!!!!

Now the whole NL can agree a billy goat urinated on your head with your foolish statistics.
How can u hand-pick results a team copped when they were going through a dry spell?? Are u brainless??
It is not rocket science Man United have the best attack in the Premiership this season, no??

Anyways, between Nov 22 and December 29(6 league matches were played by Man Utd). . . . .Only 4 goals were scored.
In this same period, Aston Villa scored 10 goals, Bolton scored 14 goals, Hull scored 13 goals, Sunderland scored 8 goals.
By Dayokanu's law of STUPIDITY and IDIOCY. . . . .Hull, Sunderland, Bolton and Villa have a better forward line than Man Utd.

Why don't u just give up and stop analysing footie instead of disgracing your ailing brain cells.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (98)

Real Madrid vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 1) On 27th April 2021 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 6th November 2021 / Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.