Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,800 members, 7,879,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:33 PM

Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. (752 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Appeal Courts Rules On Gov Wike This Tuesday / Court Rules On Suit Challenging Akpabio’s Eligibility Today / A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by topea(m): 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2008
I have heard of several rules on how to live in the Lagos mega-city come January 2009. Some of such rules are listed hereunder, please lets educate ourselves by contributing the ones you know and/or correct that which is wrongly or inadequately stated.

1) It shall become illegal to give money to beggars - Fine - NGN5,000

2) Any commercial bus driver that does a "one way" driving shall be liable to a fine of NGN25,000, and each and every passenger in such bus or cab shall be liable to a fine of NGN5,000 each.

3) Beat your child and get charged for child abuse - punishment am not sure

4) Beat your wife and go to jail.

5) Street trading is extremely illegal, i am not sure of the punishment, someone help us here.

How much of such rules do you know and their corresponding punishments, let's all learn from you.
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by topea(m): 9:57am On Nov 18, 2008
Nairalanders, we are waiting for your comments, additions, information and contributions.
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by SkyBlue1: 12:40pm On Nov 18, 2008
Finally some order. I am not so convinced about number 3 though especially with the whole nigerian culture of discipline. Obviously there is a line to be crossed whereby there is child abuse but that law if it is in existence does seem a bit too vague. The main issue will always remain enforcment of these laws and the mega issue of "who will police the police?"
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by topea(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2008
I agree with you.

The issue of enforcement is key.

However, my main purpose of posting this thread is for us all to be aware of what the government has in the offing as per governance 2009 in Lagos State.

Do you know of any of such new rules that will come into force come January 2009 and the relative punishment for breaking such rules, lets share it here.
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by Ade0001(m): 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2008
As from January 1, 2009:

1. All Okada riders and the passenger must wear a crash helmet

2. No more roadside advertisement of cars to be sold / no more pasting of FOR SALE on cars. Only authorised dealers can sell cars
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by topea(m): 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2008
Gentlemen and Ladies of Nairaland, lets hear from you please.
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2008
i really appreciate what u are doing topea, i,ll go and search and find out the new laws, my people, if you stay or work around awolowo rd ikoyi pls do not park your car on the kerbs, lasma just got some brand new towing vans that can lift your car away wether you are around or not, beware!! i don,t know how much you have to pay to get ur car back. rest assured you,ll pay enough.
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by bawomolo(m): 5:17am On Nov 21, 2008
2. No more roadside advertisement of cars to be sold / no more pasting of FOR SALE on cars. Only authorised dealers can sell cars

this makes no sense
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by topea(m): 11:35am On Nov 27, 2008
More information please
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by topea(m): 6:27am On Dec 04, 2008
Hawking by children of school age during school hours is illegal and a punishable offense. What is the punishment for this and how much of these new rules do you know. Lets hear from you pronto. 2009 is just by the corner
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by tpia: 7:59am On Dec 04, 2008
true talk.
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 04, 2008
Na by like that?
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by NegroNtns(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2008
Are these government policies or you are just brainstorming on ideas?
Re: Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves. by topea(m): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2008
These are government policies and we are all looking at how we help ourselves with information especially.

(1) (Reply)

Why We Want Ribadu – EFCC - Daily Sun - 27 - 11 - 08 / Why I Appeared Before Yar' Adua In Mufti -ribadu / Spain Arrests Nigerian Over Al-qaeda Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.