Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1496292 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 6:12pm On Jun 21
Dorcaz:
Good morning guys
Please, what does a man who did change of name need to do to renew his expired passport and also effect the changed name? He has done the correction/update on his NIN. I'll appreciate all the help we can get from here. Thank you.
Note: He deposed to an affidavit already and has done newspaper publication.

Application letter stating reasons for the request and attached with evidence of payment of non-refundable Administrative Charge of N30,000.00 only.

Previous documentary evidence to support the request.

Sworn Affidavit from a Magistrate or High Court of Change of Name deposed to by Applicant with passport sized photograph attached.

Copy of Newspaper Publication of Change of name 21 days after the publication.

Passport Booklet and Copy of Data Page of passport.

Acknowledgement Slip & Evidence of Payment of passport fees if application is approved.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by GreaterFuture(m): 9:36pm On Jun 22
Sometimes the tracking page may still be on Issuing while the passport has been issued already... right?
I have a feeling this may be regular occurrence that many people would have experienced...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dorcaz: 10:37am On Jun 23
ekitimanalways:

Application letter stating reasons for the request and attached with evidence of payment of non-refundable Administrative Charge of N30,000.00 only.

Sworn Affidavit from a Magistrate or High Court of Change of Name deposed to by Applicant with passport sized photograph attached.

Acknowledgement Slip & Evidence of Payment of passport fees if application is approved.

Thanks a lot for this. For clarity on how to go about it, i suppose we would click on renewal of passport, and pick correction of data, pay the administrative fee, upload requisite documents and await approval; upon approval, we will then proceed to renew the passport proper, right? We want to do it DIY that's why I'm seeking this clarification. The agent we contacted charged 185k which is think is on thr high side.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 11:29am On Jun 23
Dorcaz:

Thanks a lot for this. For clarity on how to go about it, i suppose we would click on renewal of passport, and pick correction of data, pay the administrative fee, upload requisite documents and await approval; upon approval, we will then proceed to renew the passport proper, right? We want to do it DIY that's why I'm seeking this clarification. The agent we contacted charged 185k which is think is on thr high side.

Go to: https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/
Click on apply for correction of data. Enter your NIN for verification. Proceed with your application as soon as your NIN verification is successful.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sholzyy: 2:16pm On Jun 23
hammed71:
Good morning guys, can I renew my passport 1year to expiration?
please how did you go about the ‘migration of passport’? Cos I still have validity of 19 months on my passport and I wish to renew it. Can I do it myself online (if so, how?) or I have to talk to an agent to help. Please I need response from anyone. Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sirrotex: 6:08pm On Jun 23
Hello guys. Which passport office in the south west issues the old passport that doesn't require nin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MatthiasChin: 7:15pm On Jun 23
ekitimanalways:

Please do you a format for this Application letter and is it to be hand written?

And what address do I use at the right top, is it my address or that of Nigerian immigration office Abuja or the one that I wish to pick my international passport at??

Please treat as urgent.

Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AllLovingGod: 8:15pm On Jun 23
Good evening all. Applying and getting new passport,does it require bvn?
Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by candance: 8:49pm On Jun 23
AllLovingGod:
Good evening all. Applying and getting new passport,does it require bvn?
Thank you.
No
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AllLovingGod: 9:22pm On Jun 23
candance:

No
Thank you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sholzyy: 10:03pm On Jun 23
ekitimanalways:

Requirements:

Expired Validity
Application Letter.
Passport Booklet.
Photocopy of Data Page of Passport.
Acknowledgement Slip and Evidence of Payment.

Unexpired Validity
Application Letter.
Passport Booklet.
Evidence of Maiden Name.
If Validity is more than Six (6) Months, Applicant should state reason(s).
Photocopy of Data Page of Passport.
Acknowledgement Slip and Evidence of Payment.

Hello, my validity is more than 1year, please how what should I state to be the reason and how should it be done? . I’m I writing a letter or I will state it when I get there?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MatthiasChin: 7:20am On Jun 24
Please is this Application letter to be hand written or typed?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Malevonent: 2:14pm On Jun 24
Pls can someone confirm if they are still frustrating those that used online route for passport renewal?.

Am about to start my passport renewal in benin city.
Am suprised also that they are asking for sworn age declaration affidavit and certificate of indigineship for passport renewal online
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zihno: 4:05pm On Jun 24
Malevonent:
Pls can someone confirm if they are still frustrating those that used online route for passport renewal?.

Am about to start my passport renewal in benin city.
Am suprised also that they are asking for sworn age declaration affidavit and certificate of indigineship for passport renewal online

I just came back from the immigration office in Benin city. I went with my sister to capture and she’s a DIY candidate. We got there by 8am and the lady doing the payment confirmation came late, they took over 3hours to attend to us. By past 10am, they confirmed it and when went downstairs for verification and afterwards, capturing where they demanded another 1k. We spent around 4hrs in total there and aside the previous listed shortcomings, the process was smooth.

You need NPC. If you go with age declaration, they will try to extort you. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ssoofftt(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24
Please my place of birth on nin is showing ikpoba okha LGA but on my birth certificate is oredo LGA ,but it's the same state will it affect my passport when I want to do it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Malevonent: 11:06pm On Jun 24
Zihno:

I just came back from the immigration office in Benin city. I went with my sister to capture and she’s a DIY candidate. We got there by 8am and the lady doing the payment confirmation came late, they took over 3hours to attend to us. By past 10am, they confirmed it and when went downstairs for verification and afterwards, capturing where they demanded another 1k. We spent around 4hrs in total there and aside the previous listed shortcomings, the process was smooth.

You need NPC. If you go with age declaration, they will try to extort you. Best of luck.

Ok thanks.
I thought NPC is for those younger than 1991, am older, and have hospital virth cert which i hear they reject.npc cert wasnt existing when i was born....abi one can still obtain it retroactively?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vinoj0225(f): 11:52pm On Jun 24
Malevonent:

Ok thanks.
I thought NPC is for those younger than 1991, am older, and have hospital virth cert which i hear they reject.npc cert wasnt existing when i was born....abi one can still obtain it retroactively?

You'll need age declaration from a court.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zihno: 12:26am On Jun 25
Malevonent:

Ok thanks.

Yes. You pay online, upload a court affidavit and get the soft copy in minutes.

Get the NPC birth certificate. You will still need it for your visa applications or when you leave Nigeria. It’s 3k

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zihno: 12:27am On Jun 25
ssoofftt:
Please my place of birth on nin is showing ikpoba okha LGA but on my birth certificate is oredo LGA ,but it's the same state will it affect my passport when I want to do it?

It’s either you were born in Ikpoba Okha or you were born in Oredo. Stick with what’s on your NIN. Even if they capture you, you may encounter NIN verification issues. Also there’s a reason there are several LGA in a state. They are all not the same thing.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kenny160: 5:45am On Jun 25
vinoj0225:

You'll need age declaration from a court.
I used my normal birth certificate and they confirmed me and I have also did my capturing, I don't know maybe they forgot to check it or they free me intentionally but am through with capturing since last month.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 7:24am On Jun 25
Sholzyy:

Hello, my validity is more than 1year, please how what should I state to be the reason and how should it be done? . I’m I writing a letter or I will state it when I get there?

You should state one of the following as reason(s) for renewal: exhausted visa pages, damaged passport, lost passport or change of data due to error.

https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by brown1234: 11:04am On Jun 25
ekitimanalways:

Please after payment will i still pay for the processing fee passport booklet saperately.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by brown1234: 11:07am On Jun 25
Dorcaz:
Good morning guys
Please, what does a man who did change of name need to do to renew his expired passport and also effect the changed name? He has done the correction/update on his NIN. I'll appreciate all the help we can get from here. Thank you.
Note: He deposed to an affidavit already and has done newspaper publication.

Please i sent a message to your dm
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Malevonent: 7:10pm On Jun 25
kenny160:
I used my normal birth certificate and they confirmed me and I have also did my capturing, I don't know maybe they forgot to check it or they free me intentionally but am through with capturing since last month.

For renewal abi, i feel they shudnt be asking those for renewal to produce all these extra documents.

After capture, for those that did online...how long b4 you were called for passport pickup?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kenny160: 12:13am
Malevonent:

For renewal abi, i feel they shudnt be asking those for renewal to produce all these extra documents.

After capture, for those that did online...how long b4 you were called for passport pickup?
New passport not renewal and I never collected it oo maybe is because I used DIY.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dorcaz: 6:53am
ekitimanalways:

Click on apply for correction of data. Enter your NIN for verification. Proceed with your application as soon as your NIN verification is successful.

Good morning. Alright. Thanks a lot
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dorcaz: 6:54am
brown1234:

Please i sent a message to your dm

Mention me on a dead thread and paste your message there please.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by brown1234: 8:37am
ekitimanalways:

Please how long will it take for the verification to be successful?

Will i enter the new nin i obtain because am married and i have done change of name and the new name now appear on the new nin.

The old nin carries my old names while the new nin carries my husband name
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 9:13am
brown1234:

Please how long will it take for the verification to be successful?

Will i enter the new nin i obtain because am married and i have done change of name and the new name now appear on the new nin.

The old nin carries my old names while the new nin carries my husband name

Enter your newly updated NIN and it will be verified immediately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.