Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,384 members, 7,943,975 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:16 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1557628 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Puya: 12:34pm On Aug 02
Good day everyone

i want to do a fresh international passport for my mum.

Her maiden name was changed after she got married, so her marriage cert is having the old surname she/her family (siblings) use to have.
Also, her names (first and middle name was not spelt correctly on the marriage certificate- two alphabetical errors).. However, the details on her NIN is accurate along with other valid documents..

Question is, should I just use the old maiden name as is on her marriage cert when filling the maiden made part on the application process (cos I will be uploading her marriage certificate)

do i need to do affidavit for the alphabetical errors in her name spelling on the marriage cert?
or maiden name doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things during passport application
or do i even need to upload the marriage certificate ?

Thank you..
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Puya: 12:41pm On Aug 02
Mykel4God:
Please, how can I go about the “declaration of age” in Lagos?
I don't have government issued birth certificate.
Visit any High court in Lagos to get the age declaration
Hope your date of birth was before 1992 cos that's only when age declaration will be accepted.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mykel4God(m): 7:40pm On Aug 02
Puya:

Visit any High court in Lagos to get the age declaration
Hope your date of birth was before 1992 cos that's only when age declaration will be accepted.

Thank you.
How about from 1992?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 6:52am On Aug 03
Mykel4God:
Please, how can I go about the “declaration of age” in Lagos?
I don't have government issued birth certificate.

Birth Certificate issued by the National Population Commission is required from applicants applying for fresh Nigerian passports whose date of birth is with effect from Dec 1992 or Age Declaration (for applicants who were born before 1992) from a court, attached with one passport-sized photograph and duly endorsed by a Commissioner for Oaths.

An age declaration (statutory declaration / affidavit of age) is issued by the following courts below. Make sure the declaration includes your parents’ names. Please take a passport photo along with you when you go to the court. Do not remove the photograph from the declaration. Without a photo the declaration will not be accepted by Nigeria Immigration Service as proof of age declaration.

Federal High Court: 24 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Ikeja High Court: Oba Akinjobi Way, Ikeja GRA, Lagos.

High Court of Lagos State: Igbosere Road, Lagos Island, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by zickyclef: 8:12am On Aug 03
Please how can I get Birth Certificate issued by the National Population Commission, like how much and from which office can I get it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zihno: 8:54am On Aug 03
Puya:
Good day everyone

i want to do a fresh international passport for my mum.

Her maiden name was changed after she got married, so her marriage cert is having the old surname she/her family (siblings) use to have.
Also, her names (first and middle name was not spelt correctly on the marriage certificate- two alphabetical errors).. However, the details on her NIN is accurate along with other valid documents..

Question is, should I just use the old maiden name as is on her marriage cert when filling the maiden made part on the application process (cos I will be uploading her marriage certificate)

do i need to do affidavit for the alphabetical errors in her name spelling on the marriage cert?
or maiden name doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things during passport application
or do i even need to upload the marriage certificate ?

Thank you..

Use the details on the NIN. Anything else is asking for trouble.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 9:09am On Aug 03
zickyclef:
Please how can I get Birth Certificate issued by the National Population Commission, like how much and from which office can I get it?

https://birthreg-selfservice.nationalpopulation.gov.ng/

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mykel4God(m): 2:02pm On Aug 03
aieromon:

https://birthreg-selfservice.nationalpopulation.gov.ng/

Can I apply if I am above 25 years old?
What is the next step after payment?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mykel4God(m): 2:06pm On Aug 03
ekitimanalways:

Birth Certificate issued by the National Population Commission is required from applicants applying for fresh Nigerian passports whose date of birth is with effect from Dec 1992 or Age Declaration (for applicants who were born before 1992) from a court, attached with one passport-sized photograph and duly endorsed by a Commissioner for Oaths.

An age declaration (statutory declaration / affidavit of age) is issued by the following courts below. Make sure the declaration includes your parents’ names. Please take a passport photo along with you when you go to the court. Do not remove the photograph from the declaration. Without a photo the declaration will not be accepted by Nigeria Immigration Service as proof of age declaration.

Federal High Court: 24 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Ikeja High Court: Oba Akinjobi Way, Ikeja GRA, Lagos.

High Court of Lagos State: Igbosere Road, Lagos Island, Lagos.

I sincerely appreciate your response.

I wasn't born before 1992, does that mean I have to get the NPC birth certificate instead? How do I go about that?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 2:51pm On Aug 03
Mykel4God:

Can I apply if I am above 25 years old?
What is the next step after payment?

You will be issued an attestation of birth.

https://techcabal.com/2024/04/05/get-your-nigeria-birth-attestation-easily-on-the-npc-portal-2024/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mykel4God(m): 4:19pm On Aug 03
aieromon:

You will be issued an attestation of birth.

https://techcabal.com/2024/04/05/get-your-nigeria-birth-attestation-easily-on-the-npc-portal-2024/

Thank you.
I will get to it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 5:26pm On Aug 03
Mykel4God:

I sincerely appreciate your response.

I wasn't born before 1992, does that mean I have to get the NPC birth certificate instead? How do I go about that?
You were not born before 1992. Therefore, you must present a certificate of birth from NPC.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Puya: 11:41pm On Aug 03
Zihno:

Use the details on the NIN. Anything else is asking for trouble.
Hello Zinho
Thank you for your response
However, please go through my post again
Her NIN details are correct, and it's what's populated when applying, so it can't even be changed.

I'm asking in terms of other documents - her marriage certificate.
There are little errors like I mentioned ..
My questions were if it'll be an issue, when they look at her name as is on application form (as well as NIN) and then ask why the marriage certificate has errors on her first and middle name.

Do I need to do affidavit for her marriage cert or her marriage cert is not really important in the grand scheme of things so I just leave it like that
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zihno: 12:09am On Aug 04
Puya:

Hello Zinho
Thank you for your response
However, please go through my post again
Her NIN details are correct, and it's what's populated when applying, so it can't even be changed.

I'm asking in terms of other documents - her marriage certificate.
There are little errors like I mentioned ..
My questions were if it'll be an issue, when they look at her name as is on application form (as well as NIN) and then ask why the marriage certificate has errors on her first and middle name.

Do I need to do affidavit for her marriage cert or her marriage cert is not really important in the grand scheme of things so I just leave it like that

They won’t look at anything. As long as her details on her NIN is correct, she’s good to go.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Puya: 2:08pm On Aug 04
Zihno:

They won’t look at anything. As long as her details on her NIN is correct, she’s good to go.
Thank you boss
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kifeyous(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04
Please who has anyone at Abuja immigration headquarters, I have done my capturing since march and my passport is yet to be out. I've been there several times.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jubrilar(m): 1:49am On Aug 05
Please, is the consent letter for kids must be written by both parents or either of the parent

Also, is the consent letter required notarized by notary officer
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 11:11am On Aug 05
jubrilar:
Please, is the consent letter for kids must be written by both parents or either of the parent

Also, is the consent letter required notarized by notary officer

Evidence of Nigerian citizenship of parent(s).

Either of the parents must sign the consent letter.

The consent letter does not require a notary's seal.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Honlucas: 9:36am On Aug 07
Pls what's the problem

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jubrilar(m): 9:05pm On Aug 07
Is there any soft document to attached when filing the form online

I was also having issues of uploading my kids passport photograph, what could be the issue...please assist
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by badcommando: 12:10pm On Aug 11
jubrilar:
Is there any soft document to attached when filing the form online

I was also having issues of uploading my kids passport photograph, what could be the issue...please assist
Upload your birth certificate and input your NIN
Also, upload a photograph that meets the required size stated on the website.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by badcommando: 12:16pm On Aug 11
Honlucas:
Pls what's the problem
Bad network. Keep trying
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by badcommando: 12:28pm On Aug 11
I applied for a passport online on May 30.
I uploaded my NIN, birth certificate, and photograph on the website. I selected Uyo office as my preferred office for capturing and collection.
I paid a sum of #36400 online with my debit card.
Then I printed out the application slip and payment slip.
I was given a date in June as appointment for capturing and biometrics
I went to NIS office in Uyo on the date and was attended to early. The official snapped my picture and I also did thumbprint. He gave me a passport tracking number and told me to expect an email from the office.
I didn't receive an email after six weeks so I went back to the office to check and passport was ready for collection.
It was a smooth D.I.Y process

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nighov2024: 10:55am On Aug 12
Ekitimanalways/Zihno

My ward has her NIPC birth certificate issued in 2005 when she was born. Can she use it now that she wants to renew her passport?

Do I need the attestation or will an affidavit serve as I renew my passport?

Do all passport offices process the 10year passport now?

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 11:48am On Aug 12
nighov2024:
Ekitimanalways/Zihno

My ward has her NIPC birth certificate issued in 2005 when she was born. Can she use it now that she wants to renew her passport?

Do I need the attestation or will an affidavit serve as I renew my passport?

Do all passport offices process the 10year passport now?

Thanks

Requirements for Nigerian passport renewal.

Application Letter.

Passport Booklet.

Photocopy of Data Page of Passport.

Acknowledgement Slip and Evidence of Payment.

NPC birth certificate, NPC birth attestation letter or age declaration affidavit are not required for passport renewal.

Yes, every passport office in Nigeria issues a 10 year passport. Please note that 32 pages for 5 years is ₦35,000 and 64 pages for 10 years is ₦70,000.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jubrilar(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12
I am having issues in uploading passport photo.. what can I do, please assist.

I have try a lot of passport photograph , they are all rejected
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mykel4God(m): 1:37pm On Aug 12
jubrilar:

Find a good camera phone, probably an iPhone or Samsung. Stand before a white background and take the picture yourself.

Works as a passport photograph also.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ontarioo: 12:10pm On Aug 13
jubrilar:
Check the size to match with the recommended.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Deeegbee: 4:19pm On Aug 13
Please, can I renew my passport with 1 year validity?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jheypeel(m): 7:16pm On Aug 13
ekitimanalways:

Requirements for Nigerian passport renewal.

Application Letter.

Passport Booklet.

Photocopy of Data Page of Passport.

Acknowledgement Slip and Evidence of Payment.

NPC birth certificate, NPC birth attestation letter or age declaration affidavit are not required for passport renewal.

Yes, every passport office in Nigeria issues a 10 year passport. Please note that 32 pages for 5 years is ₦35,000 and 64 pages for 10 years is ₦70,000.

Weldone sir
I’m a newbie here,did my last passport at a physical office but now wish to apply for a renewal
I’m confused as to what the application letter stand for

I live in ibadan,if anyone knows the immigration office here too. That could help
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by missyojo(f): 8:06pm On Aug 13
kifeyous:
Please who has anyone at Abuja immigration headquarters, I have done my capturing since march and my passport is yet to be out. I've been there several times.

Since March and this is August, you haven't gotten your passport? Something must be wrong somewhere. I did capturing in February and I got it in April at their HQ in Abuja mind you, I don't know anyone there. I applied online.

Go there again and check, at times the officer's might be lazy to check.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 10:08pm On Aug 13
Jheypeel:

Weldone sir
I’m a newbie here,did my last passport at a physical office but now wish to apply for a renewal
I’m confused as to what the application letter stand for

I live in ibadan,if anyone knows the immigration office here too. That could help

The Passport Control Officer,
Nigerian Immigration Service,
Oyo State Passport Office, Ibadan,

Sir/Ma,
APPLICATION FOR RENEWAL OF PASSPORT.
I, Okorie, John Ifeanyi humbly apply for the renewal of my passport number
A12345567890 which expired on 12 January 2023.
Attached are my documents and the passport for your perusal, kind consideration and approval, please.

Yours faithfully,
........signature......
FULL NAME

I think Oyo State Passport Office location is: Agodi Gate Road, Agodi, Ibadan, Oyo State.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (846) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.