Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,379 members, 7,881,361 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:47 PM

Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady (67917 Views)

'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / Some Silly Things Nigerian Guys Do To Impress A Lady / 6 Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by princefunmmy(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Its only in the equation of love that an illogical reasoning can be found

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by studded(m): 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Thank you poster for this. The moral of this post is; be yourself. She'll always be yours if she's meant to be. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Sanguine77(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
eyeon:
Make I helep you nwanne. "Ohuru nwanyi sie rice" na those kind we e be say once them see woman, them go use them three months salary wey them want carry pay them house rent go carry the babe go one classic boutique and also, them go carry them electricity money/bill go fast food with the chick...
AND FOR SCHOOL, na them dey owe school fees and still them dey dispense powerful android phones give babes like say them be techno...
Nwanne, okwa owu ha?
You have "kelt" it.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by henrixx(m): 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
but wat if u have money can u show her because sometimes e dey fasten runs undecidedbut wat if u have money can u show her because sometimes e dey fasten runs
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by ONESS: 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
[quote author=LaurelP post=27949569]We guys have been made to think that we must always do anything possible to impress the female folk. I'm not against a guy loving her babe, I'm against a guy doing silly things in order to impress a lady.

The truth is that most times, these actions come back to haunt us while, we get to regret at the end.

1. Consuming too much alcohol: most guys are guilty of this especially when trying to woo a lady or when taking her to bed. This is wrong in so many ways: it will damage your health, its a temporary measure, you most times end up misbehaving and its not a guarantee that you'll succeed in wooing or performing well in bed. Besides, the lady will know that you took something and that you lack confidence and esteem. Be yourself.

2. Spending above your means: whether its buying things you don't really need in order to look rich and fly, or spoiling the lady with things you normally should not be buying. Its wrong. I see a lot of guys do this and I keep wondering to what purpose? The worst is many of them come back to their senses when its already too late!

3. Lying: I'm not talking about the small lies guys normally tell, I'm talking about bragging to a lady about what you're not. Why tell a lady your father is Dangote's brother, or you're a Chelsea player, or you work in Shell. This will make her have high expectation from you which you would be trying to live up to.

4. Badmouthing your fellow guys: Maybe a guy that is also coming after her. Its wrong for a guy to maltreat his fellow in any way because of a lady. Whether its badmouthing, fighting or quarelling with him, its not worth it.

5. Giving your values and beliefs: Maybe you're a committed Christian or Muslim, you start backsliding or become uncommitted because she told you to. You start to abandon your loved ones and family, your studies begin to nosedive and even your job sef, you become unserious. Its a very silly thing to do because when the chips are down, those are the only things that will get you going- God, your family and loved ones and your job which will put food on your table.

6. Pretending to be who you're not: there's no need to pretend to be a bad guy if you're not. There are still ladies who values good guys. U don't need to force yourself to seem confident if you're a shy guy. People will know you're just acting it up.

Add yours please...

[flirting with other girls to make her jealous]
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mtcheeeeew angry
letsdothis:
Alright im learning.

In advance of pinkobsession and I on our date.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Bigsteveg(m): 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
mesoade:
I Haven't lied to my girl . . Same with my ex
U just lied
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by millionboi(m): 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
debosola:
Don't over-dress trying to impress a lady and end up looking like a fire-man. #besimple
hahahaga
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
Igbohater:
How can i successfully woo a lady on Nairaland? I have sent series of PM's to several ladies including the one's i'm crushing on but they all have one thing in common. They tend to ignore my Pm's and form that hard to get attitude. This is sickening cos i'm single and searching for a lady i can build a relationship with. I have read several threads about how people met and got married through nairaland and it inspires me and i decided to try it out. Why are all the ladies on here ignoring me? Are nairaland laides insecure? Guys how do you go about getting their attention? Matured answers please cool cool cool
maybe if you change THAT monicker,you might find them. Don't you think? undecided

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by dguyindcorner(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
I don't mean to bother u bt Pls I
need u to like this pic here @
https://m.facebook.com/mrandmisskwarainternational/photos/a.388550267976257.1073741829.387391631425454/388552111309406/?type=3&theater

and also like
the page Mr and miss kwara
international on Facebook
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by winbyforce: 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
drnoel:

I don't have any comments on the rest but ur point 6 kind of jults me down memory lane. I realised from experience people kind of mistake being quiet with being nice. There was a girl I was chasing back then in uni that my cousin wanted. I was the quiet one didn't used to talk, see no evil type then.

Funny enof I am still quiet now and my wife still aski me till today how I swept her off her feet. I just dey laff.

Anyway, this girl I was after then liked me but felt I was too dull 4 her. Since my cousin was the happening guy in school she was hanging with him just to have fun but she never allowed my cousin go beyond her neck down.

Anyways, she used to come to my off campus apartment then to hang out after a long night of partying and my cousin used to tell me to leave the Chick 4 him, that she was too tough too hot 4 me. I jus dey laff dem.

Then one cold rainy night she mistakenly came to sleep at my crib cos she couldn't make it to the hostel that night. B4 next morning I had blasted her a couple of times and then kept sleeping with her till I graduated. The funniest part was that my cousin still kept chasing her but never saw her panties. When we graduated I confided in him that I was blasting her and he almost fainted.

One doesn't need to be a bad boy to get his groove. One only has to be himself. I used my quiet ways to get away with a lot of things and people always used to ask me "o boi how u do am?"
Baddest guy ever liveth grin grin Just blasting babes anyhow grin The rainy night may not have been a mistake though, babes are smart and know what they are doing. She had made up her mind before that time to be 'blasted' by you grin grin Rain Na just opportunity smiley
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Sirjohn84(m): 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
BUY A PHONE AS EXPLENSIVE AS 50K WEN U TEACH IN SMALL PRIVATE SCH WERE THEY PAY 15 MONTHLY SALARY N URE USE A TECNO OF 5K
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by spyg1(m): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
mesoade:
that is what makes her your ex
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by ceeceeco: 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
Licking a woman's punny 2 impress her wen u knw pretty well d@ u're not good @ doing d@.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by swagwu(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
MayflowerB:
Showing her txt msgs from Other gurls just to make yourself look hot nd important
OR
Bragging abt hw hot ur ex girlfriend is and hw she is begging to have u back
oboi dis 1 i no support....

wen she tells u about her exes

u tell her about urs too tongue
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by christopher123(m): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
MAIRALAND IS BECOMMING TOO INFANTILE, CHICKENTSHITTS MAKING FRONT PAGE

TOO MUCH KIDS AROUND
STUPID MODS ABOUND

HOW CAN THIS MAKE A FRONT PAGE, WHAT DO YOU DO TO WHOLESOME TOPICS, TOMMOROW YOU WILL SEE HOW TO MASTURBATEEE WILL MAKE FRONT PAGE

WHERE IS INTELLIGENCE

MAKE MONEY AND ANY WOMAN WILL BE IMPRESSED

SIMPLE
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by eyeon(m): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
Sanguine77:

You have "kelt" it.
Like?
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by cumba(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
The guy is high on skunk!
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Boyooosa(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
u try sha buh dis na 'book knowledge', when we talk of practical things that happen in courtship not relationship (marriage) ... all these shits happen buh with plus or minus ur points. nice anyway.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
SkinnyDude:
i am telling you. very very important. i'm a shy guy. i see guys hugging, kissing and holding hands with girls. i cant do all these things. even when my female friend asked me to hug her, i couldnt. i am trying to force myself to all these things. but now, i no don change mind. i will be myself, no forming

bro, i use to be like u 2ru my ND1 days. Then, i devoted all and all to academics and i saw those who did all these as 'devil pikin'. But as time went, i noticed i will become a liability to myself if i dont mix with others. I started building confidence by meeting everyone i saw, mostly females as i use to be an introvert but nw, i'm an extrovert and nothing is stoppong me frm doing any of these things above.

U will also have problem facing the audience, that's whr ur greatest weakness will lie. But u can always dare to try.

2 Likes

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Boyooosa(m): 6:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
even if u read all dis una ebooks: how to sleep with a woman, how to date a girl successfully, how to discover may be ur spouse is faithful, how to introduce your spouse to your friend without any regret and every other HOWs u might av, and u want to actually practicalise all the principles advised, you will found out dat; You need to:
1. apply a driving force, it may be alcohol or whatever thing that works for you (for me i take moderate alcohol to flow in any scenario; corporate or social) in s much you can perform or accomplish ur mission.
2. if your means is not even enough for you to maintain yourself, you can go extra mile to borrow (reasonably) to pay your dream girl's medical bill
3. come to abuja, you will know you can't receive FRESH AIR without lying. ask Abuja Boys... except if you want to be a FATHER for the time being in Abuja. FACT.
4. Well i dont actually support badmouthing ur neighbour, but reality is dat ur neighbour might want to do dat, so, u need to adapt it as one your tools to contest in a COMPETITION. do it reasonably n it will work for you, som guys are badda dan u. if u re weak in anytin they go away with ur DG.
5. 'Maybe you're a committed Christian or Muslim, you start backsliding or become uncommitted because she told you to. You start to abandon your loved ones and family, your studies begin to nosedive and even your job sef, you become unserious.' the statement is sentimental, how can a mature and right thinking person abandon his culture cos of a O, no it doesnt happen, may be u re referring to one Nollywood film or somtin. but Through our GF, u can know the right way of life from the wrong one, so what do you do in such spitiuatio? u will go sentimental, c'mon leave african mentality out of ur scope n be realistic. u can change from a christian to a muslim and vice versa, it depends on ur deal.
6. i like dat: in summary be yourself, im in the same sch of thot, but mind you if u r a badt guy, pretending to be a good guy can make you to 4get how badt you were if you c a gudt girl, n b4 u know it u r new person.
7. A guy should neva go naked in public to impress a lady because she will never allow you to be covered in private.... african adage.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Christmasdon(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
jaydee87:

sorry but have not finished the story....
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Tattooboy: 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
destante:
Some guys buy shirts worth of 10k and even more to impress a lady that buys a 500 naira leggings. Whose loss? Hehe. smh.
no mind dem. i wud buy palm N500 to woo such babe.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by MNDY(m): 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
I am not saying LOVE is not a beautiful thing, but some guys should just take it easy! Some guys go carry woman matta 4 head like Gala 4 go-slow!
--------------
See, what you are so excited about and doing all sorts of silly things for, has been done by some other persons who have come and gone on that same girl! You are only coming to continue things!
-----------
Some guys can fall hand all in the name of falling in love with a girl! Highly annoying misbehaviours just to impress a girl who may not even accept you afterall!
-----------
And so what if she even accepts you? The swag? What swag? She is so pretty, and so what? Na only she fine? Laying a certain girl is like winning a gold medal for some guys! Is that what you are living for? Better get a life! Money-chasing is the only paramount thing I know as a guy! #TeamPaperChase
-------------
A serious relationship with the prospect of marriage and not all these play up & down is what every serious-minded dude should cling to! You have a future to plan for! Work at it!

1 Like

Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Gordieshegz(m): 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
I have one way of impressing and making any girl I date jealous I have a lot of female friends who love spending time with me so I always answer their calls infront of her and always greet them with hugs, kiss and flirts whenever any of them wants to greet me in front of her, I do that to let her know she is not irreplaceable that despite my numerous female friends she is the chosen one but still have competitors. It makes them(girlfriends) want to outdo the other girls for my attention, call that wired but that is my style op is that among the stupid ways of impression.

Guy,well said though...but such situations won't get real girls,i meant girls with equally high standards and self esteem stayed glued to you..sure ur intention is to get her jealous and more attracted to u,bt I bet u the reversal could be brutal especially wen u r dealing wit a socially inclined chicks..
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
Gordieshegz:

Guy,well said though...but such situations won't get real girls,i meant girls with equally high standards and self esteem stayed glued to you..sure ur intention is to get her jealous and more attracted to u,bt I bet u the reversal could be brutal especially wen u r dealing wit a socially inclined chicks..
You are right but such strategy makes the girls sit up when a girl found out she have no competitor she tends to misbehave because she know the guy will tolerate any bullshit. The deal is be open with her let her know your relationship with other girls, introduce her as your girlfriend to other girls in her front that will make her know you have nothing to hide and see how other girls make out time to spend with you. Have you call your girlfriend to spend time with only for her to give silly excuse, in that case she will expect you to beg or get angry only for you to just say ok and pretend like you don't care, you know what will happen if she love you she will freak out but if she don't she will not care. The reason I adopt this method is that I haven't meet that type of girl that can turn a beast to a God fearing man.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by Hedybee(f): 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by yomzzie(m): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
Many guys are guilty of number 4, always trying to put down or embarass their fellow guys because of a lady, they forget that when push comes to shove, guys will always be there for each other.
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by amakastarstella(f): 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
mesoade:
So u are Mr truth, history everyone come and see a man who never lie to woman
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by chomygolden(f): 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
I have one way of impressing and making any girl I date jealous I have a lot of female friends who love spending time with me so I always answer their calls infront of her and always greet them with hugs, kiss and flirts whenever any of them wants to greet me in front of her, I do that to let her know she is not irreplaceable that despite my numerous female friends she is the chosen one but still have competitors. It makes them(girlfriends) want to outdo the other girls for my attention, call that wired but that is my style op is that among the stupid ways of impression.
na the mumu wey dey follow you I dey even blame,you be tuface?
Re: Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady by mrnuur(m): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ucheosefoh:

Get them come for you and not the other way round........I like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Conscience Is Haunting Me For Having Sex With A Teen / Very Hilarious Photo! Guys, Can You Allow This To Happen To You / I Think This Girl Is A Player/Gold Digger, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.