Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,267 members, 7,881,012 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:51 AM

Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? (60530 Views)

My Cousin Is Tempting Me , What Do I Do ? / My Cousin Is Crazy / Please, What Are The Signs That Your Cousin(female) Is In Love With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benard94:
hmmm...search your bible very well
but seriously most of the top guns in d bible either married dier sisters or family relative
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by farellstone: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benard94:
well... dts ur view. if u hear the arguements of those in support, u wont say dt
or your arguement in support.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Geeblaze4(f): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
hensben:
pls how is it same thing? ok see this scenero;

A man married 2 wives, each of the wife gave birth to a boy, the first wife's boy married 3 wives while the other married 1 wife, the first wife boy's last wife had a son and the son gave birth to 7 kids while the 2nd wife's boy had 10 kids, the first son of the last wife's son gave birth to a girl while the 4th son of the 2nd wife's son had a boy. can the boy n girl who are thye third generation have a date?
uhn...you want to scatter my brain abi?but come to think of it o,does that mean those family lives only in one village?atleast they should be in different locations maybe cause of school or Career,they should be able to find a wife wherever they are.and besides God didn't create one person for an individual,there are numerous Mr and Mrs perfect for everyone!but we are talking about cousins sha,the one you mentioned...okay i agree with it cause they won't even know they are related,the family tree is way too long.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by melc4real(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
samflexxy:
i don't see anything wrong in it
end time things
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by hensben(m): 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
Geeblaze4:
uhn...you want to scatter my brain abi?but come to think of it o,does that mean those family lives only in one village?atleast they should be in different locations maybe cause of school or Career,they should be able to find a wife wherever they are.and besides God didn't create one person for an individual,there are numerous Mr and Mrs perfect for everyone!but we are talking about cousins sha,the one you mentioned...okay i agree with it cause they won't even know they are related,the family tree is way too long.
what if they later know that they are related somehow?
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Polyflexzy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
most of you naying here are likely to have ugly cousins. Thats why dating/marrying your cousin sounds odd. As for me... So far as she is Mrs right. #straight to the alter jare.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by hensben(m): 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
mikesly:
who be dis one sef? why would some even imagine datng his cousin? dat's abormination!
how about third generation/cousin/relative?
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by comrChris(m): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
The op and the the mod who putted this silly topic are sillier than this topic

I have cousins who are very beautiful,very very intelligent,studying medicines,law,biochem and mass comm..we sleep together,at times they sleep with only panties,sometimes while eating or watching movies in the parlour they sits anyhow with their legs wide open and to imagine these are ladies at their 20s,very beautiful that anytime l go out with them you will look from guys but in all these thing l have never one day thought of anything immoral,all l have thought is how to get a wife as intelligent as that of my cousin studying medicine

Op sorry at AFIKPO where l came from forbid it and its a big taboo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
I grew up with my cousins and I feel as much attraction for them as for my brother, none, zero, nada!

For me it is absolutely impossible and kind of awkward.

My two cents.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by ebudon84: 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
There is no abormination thing here cos all religion aproves it but personal relationship quete it wrong....as for me there is no way I will have feelings for my cousin cos she is my sister but there are some that do that.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by scait(m): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
people dull sha #fat head small brain
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Geeblaze4(f): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
hensben:
what if they later know that they are related somehow?
if it's just dating they should part ways but if na marriage,they may continue,but i don't know...ask the elders undecided
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Funniez: 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
What is cousin?? I schooled in France
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
Op na this kin thing una dey do abi,no wonder Naija just dey collapse later una go dey blame GEJ
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by LordIllegal(m): 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
My Female cousin & I are Dating.. We do have fantastic & great sex everyday. Abraham marrying
his half-sister Sarah ( Genesis 20:12 ), Lot and his daughters
( Genesis 19), Moses’ father Amram who married his aunt
Jochebed ( Exodus 6:20 ), and David’s son Amnon with his
half-sister Tamar ( 2 Samuel 13)

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Kologie: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
in my culture, it is a clear case of incest which, of course is a taboo. Who ever is found guilty faces ostracism. In some neighbourhood u'll be shot dead for being a 'bringer of shame' or u go mysteriously get lost and no one will ever find u again.
It beat my imagination why anyone will even contemplate such abominable thing in his heart let alone carry it out without remorse.

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by engrkaz(m): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
Yoruba Land: No

Aboki Land: Yes

Musulumi Perspective: The best form of marriage..
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by LordIllegal(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
My cousin's pusssy is so sweet, I Will never allow any man to come near her. tongue

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by darlenese(f): 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
If u are frm China, then no problem, you can even marry your own sister sef,
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Olubodef(m): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
Facing d xame problem.... Fell in love wit a gal dat and I discovered dat we are 4rm d xame state,LGA,surname and d compound.... Damn confused like kilode
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by ChrisOkafor87(m): 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
samflexxy:
religion--there's no place in the bible which state that thu shall not have a relation with thu cousin

Societal--- I leave my life for me not for anybody
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by einsteino(m): 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
donroxy:
Some culture allow it but only forbid marriage between Brothers/Sister .... Half brother/half sister , Aunts/Uncle, Nephew/Niece , StepMother/StepFather .......

Islam my religion allow marriage between cousins while Yoruba my heritage forbid it .... Me I'm indifference !!

actually in logic, you being indiferrent in such a scenario means you allow it. there is no sitting on the fence in this kind of aarguement.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Srallens(m): 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
Benard94:
well... dts ur view. if u hear the arguements of those in support, u wont say dt
. Let's hear d argument dat wil justify ur incest.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by dachin(m): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
Haba, no sane minded African can try it despite the temptations that associate with some pretty female cousins! It's a taboo and ungodly.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by masqot(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
Stop it if you've started it. Of all the women/men in this world? Infatuation of the highest degree. Ethic has to do with moral, value and belief in your domain. It's a NO for me and many culture I've come across.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by Mexzy88(m): 9:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
Me I can't marry or date my cozn but I can only give her banana if need arises
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by oluwawhizteen(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
if only jacob and rachel cum leah are alive i coulda seek their advice but anyways hypocrites, religious fanatics and those wey never open bible and koran b4 go join say #Hell No! Me?: ah don care

1 Like

Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by femijetto: 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
[color=#990000]dating someone's cousin is an incest.... wish is abominable!
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by simdam500(m): 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
silly question.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by inikamoze(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
Is the world itself not geometrically populated by the act of 'INCEST'? ?
Th first and ONLY HUMANS that inhabited the earth from its creation(Genesis) were Adam and Eve,they gave birth to Cain and Abel as recorded in the bible,making just four humans thereafter. Cain murdered Abel and was banished by God,he went away and got married...TO WHOM?
God didnt create another set of humans from dust,so its most likely Can married HIS SISTER,or would we say one of the fallen angels turned to a female and Cain started a family with her(the male angel now turned to a female) which makes Cain culpable of Homosexuality.
Noah and his family is another vivid example of INCEST allowed by God...so go figure.
Re: Dating Your Cousin: Is It Ethical? by einsteino(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
Umennajiego:
The Bible does not forbid marrying your cousin so let's make sure in our zeal to help others that we don't confuse what our culture teaches with what the Bible teaches.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Leviticus 18 lists the forbidden relationships and cousins are not forbidden nor is cousin marriage forbidden anywhere else in the Bible.

God may have chosen your cousin for you and if He chose him it would be a sin to walk away from this. There is no evidence that there is a significant increase in birth defects when cousins marry. The preferred marriage among the Israelites was cousin to cousin marriage and Jews to this day have an average I.Q. of over 120 with the highest population of Geniuses in the world. Ever hear of Einstein?

Both Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin married their first cousins. If such scientists as these had no fear of "defects" in their children then you should not. Their children were all healthy and bright. However, if you're really stupid and your cousin is really stupid then there is a much higher chance that your children will be really stupid. Is there room for a little humor here?

The fact is that cousin marriage was banned by the Roman Catholic church under 'Pope Gregory I' in an attempt to prevent the accumulation of wealth and power within families. The popes saw wealth among the common man as competition for their own power. This power structure exists in the Philippines to this day and is hampering economic development. The ban had nothing to do with our Bibles which we read regularly, don't we?

Civil disobedience has a long history within the Christian community. You've all heard of people power. When the people gathered by the thousands outside of Malacanang to oust Marcos that was against the law. Was it a sin? No. If you must go to another province or state to marry your cousin so that nobody will report you then that is what you must do. Will that be against the law? Maybe. Is it a sin? No. This is not unheard of in the Philippines, The United States, and many other countries where Born Again Christians live in sufficient numbers to make such laws of no effect. I know of such a couple in the Philippines and they live happily to this day. They're now in their 60s with 5 children and many grandchildren. They're born again of course because it is the pope who forbids cousin marriage, not the Bible.

Enjoy for your reading pleasure grin[color=#000099][/color]

pls you spoilt everything u were trying to say. since when did it become a sin to refuse someone God ordained for you. moreso you do realise that 99% of times yall say God ordained someone for u, it is just hoax and you second guessing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Guys Share Your Maga-rizm Experience / Photoshopped Images Of Rihanna & Flavour In Bed Trends On Instagram / Lady Wants Boyfriend That Will Keep Her Till She Gets A Husband. See Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.