Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,375 members, 7,940,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:40 AM

day. Help!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / day. Help!!! (1270 Views)

N4 Million SOS Appeal For A Child Diagnosed With Brain Tumor / Two-year-old Boy Diagnosed With Cloves Syndrome / First Black Child Diagnosed With Aging Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

day. Help!!! by sirrinky: 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hello
Re: day. Help!!! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: day. Help!!! by basille(m): 12:27am On Nov 13, 2014
I once suffered from depression, not a fun experience. Most times people don't get what's going on with you and in your head.
I think what triggered it was loneliness and mostly idleness.
Though there's no advice i can give that hasn't been said before, i suggest you try going on short walks daily. If you're the introverted type, try finding an activity to do that keeps you busy and distracted, selfless services does help.

Personal advice, seek spiritual awareness. Meditate for 10-30 minutes daily, you should notice positive changes.

4 Likes

Re: day. Help!!! by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 13, 2014
basille:
I once suffered from depression, not a fun experience. Most times people don't get what's going on with you and in your head.
i think what triggered it was loneliness and mostly idleness.
Though there's no advice i can give that hasn't being said before, i suggest you try going on short walks daily. If you're the introverted type, try finding an activity to do that keeps you busy and distracted, selfless services does help.

Personal advice, seek spiritual awareness. Meditate for 10-30 minutes daily, you should notice positive changes.
Great advice

3 Likes

Re: day. Help!!! by AdesinaOlajide(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
Seconded! Try always not to be alone most times, get closer to God and try to get someone you can confide in.Was a victim of this months back too, it's just a phase.All the best!
Re: day. Help!!! by PapiWata: 5:13am On Nov 17, 2014
Sir Rinky please, do NOT take ANY anti-depressant drugs, under ANY circumstances. Those chemicals have been identified as the direct cause of quite a few people losing their minds and committing murder, often killing those closest to them.

Take exercise, listen to music, talk to friends and do whatever it takes to get back to your usual self, but do NOT take those chemicals, for they will turn you into either a zombie with a dead brain, or, when you stop taking them, you will totally lose control and commit something terrible.

Do NOT, I repeat do NOT, take anti-depressant drugs of any sort, and certainly do NOT smoke weed to cure depression, since that will only make it worse. I watched a TV documentary recently that included a report of a woman in the US, whose husband drove her to the pharmacy to collect her anti-depressant prescription, only to find it out of stock. She returned to the car outside in the parking lot, where her husband awaited her, and she pulled out her automatic pistol which she emptied into her husband in a hail of fire, killing him instantly in a fit of rage that was caused by withdrawal from her anti-depressant medication.
Re: day. Help!!! by babygirlfl: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2014
@ op, to use or not to use antidepressants like fluoxetine which is an SSRI to treat MILD depression varies from one doctor to another and from place to place because of the reported association between fluoxetine therapy and the development of suicidal ideation. This is controversial. I think other non pharmacological treatments are used first but hey , I can not question the doctor especially as I do not know the guildelines for treating depression in Nigeria. Your doctor prescribed you antidepressants and it is best you take it. Please take as prescribed and do not stop it immediately.
Re: day. Help!!! by dunhill27: 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
My sincere advice for ur condition is for u to go natural with StressActive. It contains 18 Amino acids and ginseng. U can google to see the benefits ginseng can give u. For more info, whatsapp 08136478517
Re: day. Help!!! by PapiWata: 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
Don't take anti-depressants, dude. All doctors make BIG money from pharmaceutical marketers, for prescribing those personality-changing drugs that could push you over the edge to do something crazy and totally out of previous character. Do NOT do it, bro. Don't mess with that stuff, and you will get over whatever is bothering you in time.

If you get into those drugs, you could find yourself on a one-way highway to hell, and this is no exaggeration. The only thing worse than the effects of anti-depressant drugs is the dangerous state of mind that will come over you when you try to stop using them, or cannot get the right ones any more for whatever reason. Several high profile murders and suicides have been traced to use of those nasty compounds, and you do NOT want to go down that road.

I personally know an individual who killed their own mother, while under the influence of anti-depressants, and that is why I am so adamant that people considering taking them should think twice and just AVOID them entirely.
Re: day. Help!!! by sirrinky: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2014
WOW!!! Now you guys are scaring the crap out of me. The doctor said i should go on a three week trial though to see the effects and monitor mood changes. He also said when i start taking i might initially feel very low but it will pass after a short while. The truth is i've been on it for a week now and i don't know if its the meds or its just me subconsciously trying to be better but i've been feeling a little more lifted and energized but as you rightly said i wouldn't want to get hooked on this drugs tho.
Re: day. Help!!! by PapiWata: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
sirrinky:
WOW!!! Now you guys are scaring the crap out of me. The doctor said i should go on a three week trial though to see the effects and monitor mood changes. He also said when i start taking i might initially feel very low but it will pass after a short while. The truth is i've been on it for a week now and i don't know if its the meds or its just me subconsciously trying to be better but i've been feeling a little more lifted and energized but as you rightly said i wouldn't want to get hooked on this drugs tho.

All the best, brother man. Whatever you do, keep away from alcohol. There are no positive aspects to that poison when one is in a fragile state of mind.
Re: day. Help!!! by sirrinky: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
Sure Bro.Thanks Boss
Re: day. Help!!! by vb0mb(m): 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
Do Nigerians really get depressed?
With our economic situation?

(1) (Reply)

When The Vagina Squirts And When It Brings Out The Fluid After Sex / See The Latest Drug Out For Slimming Down.. / Best Online Pharmacy Store | Online Medicine Shopping - Retail Pharma India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.