Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,982 members, 7,873,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses (62884 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Mystery007(m): 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
S.m.h.. Can't seem to find f.u.tmx in any of d Engineering courses xpecially computer, Chemical and civil engineering .. Op u lied, go and make ur research well
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by pacesetter939: 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
georjay:

GO GET A RECOMMENDED GLASS

HE SAID GEOLOGY NOT GEO SCIENCE

THOUGH GEO SCIENCE WAS EXTRACTED FROM GEOLOGY 4YRS AGO BUT GEOLOGY HAS BEEN THERE SINCE

Dude, what is the difference between Geology & Geoscience?
Mind you, Unilag, has neither Geology or Geoscience until 2010. (with the exception of Geophysics that is run in Physics department)
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by doctorgold(m): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
DIVFAVOR:

mistake from him, he means FUTO in both department... pls ask anybody about chemical engineering in FUTO.

Bro, i dont need to ask anybody about chemical engineering in FUTO. I still maintain my stand. A person would claim that his father's farm is the biggest until he pays a visit to any other persons' farm.

I studied architecture in a university up to masters degree level. While in school, we were told that we have the best architecture department in the country because we had the highest number of professors. I never doubted it until i graduated and i wished i had studied the same course elsewhere or worst case scenario, to have gone elsewhere for a masters degree. Mind you, not that i regret attending that particular university. There are are various factors to grade a school or department as the best buh you cannot find 100 percent of those factors in one particular school or department. Just my candid opinion tho.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by jaylorde(m): 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
I rep electronic /electrical engineering of Lautech exclusive class '14
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Mc4larin: 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
geedot:
judging a whole school by just a single graduate of Hers that you met is inappropriate..
Did you manage to ask her what she graduated with? It might be a "Pass" you know!
And we both know any student that graduated with a "Pass" in any of his/her various courses is far below average.. Not a student of the Institution, just tryna clarify some things..
#Team-Nigeria-Premier-University..

Its not because of a student, majority of them I engaged in chats have really fallen ma hand and they call their selves Accountants? They are scattered accountants
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by tonquendo4u(m): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
Why is Unizik not in anyone?abeg what did u smoke b4 writing this?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Lailerh(f): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
What about B.U.K naw? Isn't it one of the best in Naija
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Pervert1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nuc rates Unizik only behind Unilag based on performance in Law...so i wonder where you did your research.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by basilo101: 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
lawal69:
For Veterinary Medicine: UDUSOK. ABU. UNIMAID. UI. NB:The course is very prosperous as it does not require you to wait for government job to break even bt it's not for lazy minds
and UNN
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by osenidvdg(m): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
Please add OOU to those listed for Economics.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by fredosky111(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hav anyone here bin to faculty of law benue state university makurdi?both in structure,learning nd evn @d law sch we r outstanding xo i don't knw y we shud b omitted.up BSU
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by lyricalz: 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
Rubbish list. Everyone knows that the best university for law in the whole of afirca is LASU. Plus the best university for economics also LASU. Shekina
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by nonexy11: 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
beer palour analysis.. undecided
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by emmy02(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
osram:
yea bro

Nice to meet u. Call me sleek. We will meet someday.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by nonexy11: 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
bear palour analysis.. undecided
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Chommieblaq(f): 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
university of Maiduguri produces one of the best medical, law and geology, economics, and engineering student every year.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
georjay:

GO GET A RECOMMENDED GLASS

HE SAID GEOLOGY NOT GEO SCIENCE

THOUGH GEO SCIENCE WAS EXTRACTED FROM GEOLOGY 4YRS AGO BUT GEOLOGY HAS BEEN THERE SINCE

My friend, For ur info, Geoscience comprises both geology and geophysics. Unilag had never had a geology dept until 2010. And how can u extract geoscience from geology dept... Guy, u too dey lie.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by SPSpecial(m): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
OK ooo. can you please tell us the university best in Petrochemical Engineering.
And besides why is it only federal universities you listed. Some state universities are better than some fed unis. State university like
River State University of Science and Technology- RSUST
Lagos State University LASU
Delta State University DELSU
Olabisi Onabanjo University OOU
et al.....
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by idedan(m): 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
OP dis is totally wrong. FUTMINNA is the best in chemical engineering in Nigeria and third best in Africa in the Course. Research and find out.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by osram(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
emmy02:

Nice to meet u. Call me sleek. We will meet someday.
r u a student also?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by eledacedar(f): 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
thankyouJesus:
In terms of prospects, marketability, staff strength, learning environment, learning equipment, location, etc she merit her place.

All learning equipments are available but nobody to make the knowledge available. How many students can interprets time domain EM? Your geophones and seismograph are in shambles. You guys are just software learners joor.
Even PG students in the dept are half baked.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by eledacedar(f): 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kingzy4pep:
My friend, For ur info, Geoscience comprises both geology and geophysics. Unilag had never had a geology dept until 2010. And how can u extract geoscience from geology dept... Guy, u too dey lie.

The guy really doesn't know history very well. Geophysics had already been existing in physics dept as an option until the dept of geosciences was established to handle geology and geophysics.

Don't argue with him.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by FOREXMARTS: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
thankyouJesus:
[b]DISCLAIMER: This article is not written to degrade or downcast students of other institution that are omitted from the list.
DISCREDIT: I know and accepted that my experience, exposure, research method, e.t.c are going to influence the list, but, I will score the credibility of the list to be 85%.

The selected institutions are based on rigorous trainning, good conducive learning environment, prospects, exposure, competition results, availability of learning equipments/materials/devices, research activities, innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location, recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c. The names of the schools are arranged in no particular order.

1. Law:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN
-ABU

2. Medicine and Surgery:
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIBEN

3. Mass communication:
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY

4. Political Science:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY

5. Business Administration:
-UNILORIN
-UNILAG
-UNN
-ABU
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

6. Banking and Finance:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-UNN
-UNIBEN

7. Accounting:
-UNIJOS
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNN
-UNILORIN

8. Pharmacy:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN

9. Biochemistry:
-UI
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN

10. Microbiology:
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
-UI
-FUTO

11. Nursing:
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI

12. Economics:
-OAU
-UI
-UNN

13. Mathematics:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILORIN
-UNAAB
-UNILAG

14. Computer Science:
-COVENANT
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-UNILAG

15. Petroleum Engineering:
-UNILAG
-FUTO

16. Mechanical Engineering:
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNILAG
-ABU

17. Electronic Electrical Enginering:
-OAU
-UI
-UNILAG
-FUTA
-LAUTECH

18. Chemical Engineering:
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN

19. Civil Engineering:
-FUTA
-UNILAG
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN

20. Computer Engineering:
-LAUTECH
-UNILAG
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

21. Geology:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI

22. Physics:
-OAU
-UI

-FUTO

-UNILORIN
Note:
1. The schools are arranged in no particular order.
2. The maximum entries for a course is five [5], thereby preventing some "top" schools from making the list.[/b]

You should be stoned. So Bayero University Kano(BUK) and Unical ain't good enough for any course huh? You should be boiled.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by titanhayes: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Can see that Medicine and Surgery is no contest...#teamUI

The Pic shows section of today's convocation. Clinical sciences corner. #teamUnibadan

2 Shares

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Myque1(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Denizsmart:
myque 116
Hehe! I see you ma niggur!
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by poli101: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
ESUT FOR POLITICAL SCIENCE AND LAW
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Zellie: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
AAU Ekpoma should make top 3 in Law.

PS: I'm not a student of AAU

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by thankyouJesus(m): 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
FOREXMARTS:

You should be stoned. So Bayero University Kano(BUK) and Unical ain't good enough for any course huh? You should be boiled.
Bros no be fight. Read my article again and pay close attention to the discredit part.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by thankyouJesus(m): 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
eledacedar:

All learning equipments are available but nobody to make the knowledge available. How many students can interprets time domain EM? Your geophones and seismograph are in shambles. You guys are just software learners joor.
Even PG students in the dept are half baked.
Thank God you only mention learning equipments, what about other criterias?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2014

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Overhead Water Tank Falls Into Pre-Nursery Classroom In Anambra, Kills 2 / Caption This Photo Of A Proud Father And His Daughters During Graduation / Ahmad Ibrahim-Doko, ABU Youngest Professor (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.