Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,761 members, 7,948,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 10:07 AM

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses (63188 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by rckdude: 7:22am On Nov 14, 2014
ukandi1:

wrong.
ur argument is heavily flawed

Care to explain how?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by abbyyzino(m): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2014
swezenberg:
FUTA rules in Engineering. they've got it all. It rubs well on their graduates. I'm proud to be an exFUTARIAN. An engineer supporting US Nuclear and Oil and Gas in the USA
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by UTEWUOJO: 8:23am On Nov 14, 2014
Think again master researsher, your post is discrimatery.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by doctorgold(m): 8:33am On Nov 14, 2014
williamson46:
stop dozing n open ur eyes.. Where did u c futa in chemical n computer engineering on that list??..HAHAHAHA.. GO PISS, U KNW SEY U JST WAKE UP grin stop dozing n open ur eyes.. Where did u c futa in chemical n computer engineering on that list??..HAHAHAHA.. GO PISS, U KNW SEY U JST WAKE UP

Oga, you are a late comer. So many things took place before your arrival. I made my observation before the post was edited.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by mrwiddy(m): 8:45am On Nov 14, 2014
dridowu:
If you want to study Veterinary Medicine, then consider any of these three (in no particular order)
1>UI
2>UNN
3>ABU
But that does not guarantee instant employment after graduation
abha for where u put funaab?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by lookingfly: 8:46am On Nov 14, 2014
JOETYNO:
So poly na Secondary School abi that U couldn't sum it in your Segregational Research?

We Nigerians are inherently laden with self-discriminating and ethical division.

Clueless research from a biased Nigeria dividing mind. Mtcheew!

:|sad

#Disclaimer: :@ @OP, I was nt in any little way insulting U, just felt U should fasten ur seatbelt and dive into concrete-complex research before presenting anything in a multiple involved sector, to avoid harsh quotes. Merci.

#Modified... The Ftc was displaced to make mine le premier, (just lyk GEJ got there by luck smiley) God is doing sometin in my life o! smiley
are you sure you have eyes or may be you don't know how to read...pls check the op's title and stop making noise!!
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by satowind(m): 8:59am On Nov 14, 2014
doctorgold:
Your criteria for this compilation beats my imagination. Am very sure you did not visit all the schools listed above to access each department based on their staff strength, facilities available and how well their graduates are perfoming in the job sphere.

In collaboration with the above point, you goofed by including FUTA as one of the best universities in chemical engineering and computer engineering. Such departments do not exist.
U dey mind de guy only the guy nah fool.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 14, 2014
which university/polytecnic is BETTER for computer engineering in Nigeria? need replies asap - just want to fill jamb form. May God bless you as you share your knowledge.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by odunkha(m): 10:16am On Nov 14, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
Some people can lie sha..
I rest my case anyway
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by dridowu: 10:19am On Nov 14, 2014
mrwiddy:
abha for where u put funaab?
My opinion is mine and yours is yours. You can put FUNAAB, UNIJOS, UNIABUJA as your own choice , am less concern
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by pchax: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2014
Computer Science and Computer Engineering should be OAU, OAU , OAU!

2 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by butanep(m): 11:32am On Nov 14, 2014
pacesetter939:
OP, UNILAG just started her Geoscience Department in 2010 and her first set is due for graduation this year. What is she doing on that list?
This op is talking out of ignorance... Who said Unilag is good in Geology? I ve never heard that as a geologist. I didn't see UNIJOS OR UNIBEN on the list...

The op must be drunk
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Adedolapo1406(m): 11:38am On Nov 14, 2014
thankyouJesus:
[b]DISCLAIMER: This article is not written to degrade or downcast students of other institution that are omitted from the list.
DISCREDIT: I know and accepted that my experience, exposure, research method, e.t.c are going to influence the list, but, I will score the credibility of the list to be 85%.

The selected institutions are based on rigorous trainning, good conducive learning environment, prospects, exposure, competition results, availability of learning equipments/materials/devices, research activities, innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location, recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c. The names of the schools are arranged in no particular order.

1. Law:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN
-ABU
-Uni-Abuja
2. Medicine and Surgery:
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIBEN

3. Mass communication:
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY

4. Political Science:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY

5. Business Administration:
-UNILORIN
-UNILAG
-UNN
-ABU
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

6. Banking and Finance:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-UNN
-UNIBEN

7. Accounting:
-UNIJOS
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNN
-UNILORIN

8. Pharmacy:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN

9. Biochemistry:
-UI
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN

10. Microbiology:
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
-UI
-FUTO

11. Nursing:
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI

12. Economics:
-OAU
-UI
-UNN

13. Mathematics:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILORIN
-UNAAB
-UNILAG

14. Computer Science:
-COVENANT
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-UNILAG

15. Petroleum Engineering:
-UNILAG
-FUTO

16. Mechanical Engineering:
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNILAG
-ABU

17. Electronic Electrical Enginering:
-OAU
-UI
-UNILAG
-FUTA
-LAUTECH

18. Chemical Engineering:
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN

19. Civil Engineering:
-FUTA
-UNILAG
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN

20. Computer Engineering:
-LAUTECH
-UNILAG
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

21. Geology:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI

22. Physics:
-OAU
-UI
-FUTO

-UNILORIN
Note:
1. The schools are arranged in no particular order.
2. The maximum entries for a course is five [5], thereby preventing some "top" schools from making the list.[/b]
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by butanep(m): 11:44am On Nov 14, 2014
georjay:

GO GET A RECOMMENDED GLASS

HE SAID GEOLOGY NOT GEO SCIENCE

THOUGH GEO SCIENCE WAS EXTRACTED FROM GEOLOGY 4YRS AGO BUT GEOLOGY HAS BEEN THERE SINCE

There is no way Unilag can be good in geology. Unilag is one of the weakest school in geology... I stand to be corrected. In terms of equipment, staff strength, field work exercise etc... when you talk about Geology, you mention schools like OAU, UI, UNIJOS, UNIBEN, FUTA, UNIMAD....
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by butanep(m): 11:55am On Nov 14, 2014
ULSHERLAN:

What is geoscience, what is geology. Mr I know what am talking about and I can tell you that all geoscience course started not too long. Ok
You guyz are talking out of ignorance. Geology is a course. They are other courses under it such as Geophysic, Geochemistry, petroleum geology, structural geology... etc. They are all now referred to as Geoscience courses ... because they study the earth... so Geoscience is not a course. it's a general name for geology related courses.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by hahfyeez(m): 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
thankyouJesus:
[b]DISCLAIMER: This article is not written to degrade or downcast students of other institution that are omitted from the list.
DISCREDIT: I know and accepted that my experience, exposure, research method, e.t.c are going to influence the list, but, I will score the credibility of the list to be 85%.

The selected institutions are based on rigorous trainning, good conducive learning environment, prospects, exposure, competition results, availability of learning equipments/materials/devices, research activities, innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location, recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c. The names of the schools are arranged in no particular order.

1. Law:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN
-ABU

2. Medicine and Surgery:
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIBEN

3. Mass communication:
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY

4. Political Science:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY

-UNILORIN
-UNILAG
-UNN
-ABU
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

6. Banking and Finance:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-UNN
-UNIBEN

7. Accounting:
-UNIJOS
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNN
-UNILORIN

8. Pharmacy:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN

9. Biochemistry:
-UI
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN

10. Microbiology:
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
-UI
-FUTO

11. Nursing:
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI

12. Economics:
-OAU
-UI
-UNN

13. Mathematics:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILORIN
-UNAAB
-UNILAG

14. Computer Science:
-COVENANT
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-UNILAG

-UNILAG
-FUTO

-FUTA
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNILAG
-ABU

-OAU
-UI
-UNILAG
-FUTA
-LAUTECH

-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN

19. Civil Engineering:
-FUTA
-UNILAG
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN

-LAUTECH
-UNILAG
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

21. Geology:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI

22. Physics:
-OAU
-UI
-FUTO

-UNILORIN
Note:
2. The maximum entries for a course is five [5], thereby preventing some "top" schools from making the list.[/b]

for computer science FUTA should be no 1...cos its d BEST in IT

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by tiwasiaife(m): 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2014
pacesetter939:
OP, UNILAG just started her Geoscience Department in 2010 and her first set is due for graduation this year. What is she doing on that list?
What has happened to Unn-Geology? Unn started geology as far back as 1960.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
butanep:
You guyz are talking out of ignorance. Geology is a course. They are other courses under it such as Geophysic, Geochemistry, petroleum geology, structural geology... etc. They are all now referred to as Geoscience courses ... because they study the earth... so Geoscience is not a course. it's a general name for geology related courses.
who says geoscience is a course?
Me talking out of ignorance, lol. I will school you about geosciences. Ok
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Geostatistical(m): 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
I wonder tooo.....I know FUTA is the best in Geosciences
pacesetter939:
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by butanep(m): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
ULSHERLAN:

who says geoscience is a course?
Me talking out of ignorance, lol. I will school you about geosciences. Ok
so begin to school me... let me know how strong you are in terms of Geoscience.... I reacted based on what you said...
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by butanep(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2014
Geostatistical:
I wonder tooo.....I know FUTA is the best in Geosciences
FUTA was never and still not the best in terms of Geoscience. Give me reasons that make them the best...
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
butanep:
so begin to school me... let me know how strong you are in terms of Geoscience.... I reacted based on what you said...
Dont worry.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by drogs(m): 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
pacesetter939:
. You were not with your glasses when u commented on this. Cos i can't seem to find geoscience here but geophysics. Lol. Just saying
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2014
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
pchax:
Computer Science and Computer Engineering should be OAU, OAU , OAU!
please, wouldn't mind stating some reasons..., thank you Sir
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Geostatistical(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
Give reasons y FUTA isnt the best.....
butanep:
FUTA was never and still not the best in terms of Geoscience. Give me reasons that make them the best...
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by butanep(m): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
Geostatistical:
Give reasons y FUTA isnt the best.....
I ve attended so many Geoscience conference by NMGS\ NAPE, I ve not seen any futa student that was outstanding or give a mind blowing presentation. They don't ve the calibre of lectures. I ve nt seen then represent in any of the geoscience prize giving day.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by jpphilips(m): 12:19am On Nov 15, 2014
thankyouJesus:

1. Law:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN
-ABU

2. Medicine and Surgery:
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIBEN

3. Mass communication:
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY

4. Political Science:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY

-UNILORIN
-UNILAG
-UNN
-ABU
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

6. Banking and Finance:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-UNN
-UNIBEN

7. Accounting:
-UNIJOS
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNN
-UNILORIN

8. Pharmacy:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN

9. Biochemistry:
-UI
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN

10. Microbiology:
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
-UI
-FUTO

11. Nursing:
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI

12. Economics:
-OAU
-UI
-UNN

13. Mathematics:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILORIN
-UNAAB
-UNILAG

14. Computer Science:
-COVENANT
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-UNILAG

-UNILAG
-FUTO

-FUTA
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNILAG
-ABU

-OAU
-UI
-UNILAG
-FUTA
-LAUTECH

-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN

19. Civil Engineering:
-FUTA
-UNILAG
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN

-LAUTECH
-UNILAG
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

21. Geology:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI

22. Physics:
-OAU
-UI
-FUTO

-UNILORIN
Note:

Reproduce this list when you become an employer of labour, in the interim shut the fvck up.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by osram(m): 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
emmy02:

Nice to meet u. Call me sleek. We will meet someday.
bro u r needed here o https://www.nairaland.com/1994329/federal-university-birnin-kebbi-aspirant#1994329.29
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by jorhney(m): 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
why is open university not in d list?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School / Abu Admission Requirements For All Courses / Why Patience Jonathan’s Security Aide Was Killed — Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.