Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,683 members, 7,902,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili (3078 Views)

I Built Aso Rock, Who Is The Landlord You Pay Rent To?-IBB To Buhari / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by jide53: 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
A former Minister for Education, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili has said that she could not afford to pay her mother’s rent while serving in government.

This came as she also disclosed that the #BringbackourGirls campaign was an assignment from God.
Ezekwesili said these during a live interview at the ongoing national convention of the Foursquare Gospel Church, at the Foursquare Camp, Ajebo, Ogun State, on Thursday. The former Minister was invited to speak to the congregation on the topic, ‘Integrity’. She told the congregation that integrity comes with its cost, adding that she did not spend from her imprest accounts as Ministers of Solid Minerals and later Education.
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1302-i-couldn-t-pay-rent-as-a-minister-ezekwesili

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by chaberry(m): 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Now you can pay

7 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 14, 2014
So we should give you an award for not being able to pay your mother's rent?
OK since you weren't able to do so your mother must have been homeless while you served the govt isn't?
This coming from a woman who wanted to sell off our unity schools because of what she stood to gain, abg shift make I hear wet in pastor dey yarn.

17 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by eddyline(m): 1:09am On Nov 14, 2014
this one Na story for amadioha and sango

6 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by otokx(m): 1:13am On Nov 14, 2014
Did she really say such a lie?

6 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by phlemzy: 2:38am On Nov 14, 2014
The gods must have shaken their heads to the lie that she told those media crews at the convention.

5 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by gtrust: 3:39am On Nov 14, 2014
I thought she worked for world bank
Why she no build small house for mother
Ministers earn very good money: what was Madam due Process doing with her own salary

Ordinary Nigerians can afford their rents so

8 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 14, 2014
Yeah right, sell them a dream like Joey Crack is doing these days! grin

7 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Deiok(m): 3:57am On Nov 14, 2014
She didnt finish the story, let me help. She couldnt pay her mother's house rent, so the landlord had no other choice than to envict her mother out of the house. Story for the doGs.

6 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by eckersley: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
First,
When I was a boy, I had no shoes.
Now this nonsense

Next, one female minister will say;
Before I was minister,
I couldn't afford tampons.

Aaaarh. Politicians disgust me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
One of the few decent Public Servant Nigeria ever had. Those who know her calls her "Madam Due Process".

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by kemfonjim(m): 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
After leaving government you could pay.

6 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by PhockPhockMan: 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:
One of the few decent Public Servant Nigeria ever had. Those who know her calls her "Madam Due Process".
Shame no dey catch you? You accept this trash of a lie as truth? OH MY GOD.

12 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by chamboy(m): 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
But her elder Bro paid it na so

1 Like

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
It is not my fault that you don't know who Madam Due Process is/was

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Amanwulu1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ewu nwa nne m. God will reward u.
Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Amanwulu1(m): 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
gtrust:
Ministers earn very good money: what was Madam due Process doing with her own salary

I suspect d house madam couldn't pay for is built btw d heaven and earth and not d usual house we knw, so I give her d benefit of doubt.

4 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by wirinet(m): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
Nigerians love corrupts individuals and lothe honest public servants - especially the southern and eastern parts of the country. That is why people like Alamiesiegha, Goodluck Jonathan, Ibori, Odili, Peter Obi are revered, while people like Oby Ezekwesili, Nuru Ribadu, Tam David- West, Wole Soyinka, General Buhari, and a few others who served Nigeria without stealing are hated and called names.

Thieves and rogues have become role models for our children. And you will wonder if Nigeria has any future at all.

A Nigeran civil servant without stealing or engaging in dishonest means of making money would not be able to buy and maintain luxury cars, pay expensive school fees for his/her children - home or abroad and pay house rent for other members of their family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by wirinet(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
gtrust:

What is the total package for a minister? What is the basic salary plus allowances? A minster who does not create a scheme for defrauding the government or the people cannot afford to build a small house for anybody.

She was appointed as Vice President of the World Bank after serving as a minster of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I wonder why you TAN hacks cannot get your facts right.

7 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by jodeci(m): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
Bare-faced lie. Lie can never be more bold.

5 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by cyril10(m): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
barcanista:

All na wash wash, madam due liar.

8 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by cyril10(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2014
jodeci:
Bare-faced lie. Lie can never be more bold.

Madam due liar. Those that believed this will believe anything.

6 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
A minister's salary is higher than that of a perm sec and comes with so much allowances?

Was her mother staying in a luxury condo in VI?

This is the season of poor politicians.

5 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by nigerianvenom(m): 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
ezekwesili the unemployed former minister, pls tell that to ur barber

5 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
wirinet:
Nigerians love corrupts individuals and lothe honest public servants - especially the southern and eastern parts of the country. That is why people like Alamiesiegha, Goodluck Jonathan, Ibori, Odili, Peter Obi are revered, while people like Oby Ezekwesili, Nuru Ribadu, Tam David- West, Wole Soyinka, General Buhari, and a few others who served Nigeria without stealing are hated and called names.

Thieves and rogues have become role models for our children. And you will wonder if Nigeria has any future at all.

A Nigeran civil servant without stealing or engaging in dishonest means of making money would not be able to buy and maintain luxury cars, pay expensive school fees for his/her children - home or abroad and pay house rent for other members of their family.
And Tinubu the Dean of the Faculty of Corruption is the leader of the Yoruba nation, worshipped by even people who should know.

What kind of house was Oby`s mother living in that she could not afford the rent as a minister?

8 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Ultimate001: 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2014
jide53:
A former Minister for Education, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili has said that she could not afford to pay her mother’s rent while serving in government.

This came as she also disclosed that the #BringbackourGirls campaign was an assignment from God.
Ezekwesili said these during a live interview at the ongoing national convention of the Foursquare Gospel Church, at the Foursquare Camp, Ajebo, Ogun State, on Thursday. The former Minister was invited to speak to the congregation on the topic, ‘Integrity’. She told the congregation that integrity comes with its cost, adding that she did not spend from her imprest accounts as Ministers of Solid Minerals and later Education.
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1302-i-couldn-t-pay-rent-as-a-minister-ezekwesili
is she kidding? See person dey lie o......and u expect us to biliv u? O.Y.O is ur case...

1 Like

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Ultimate001: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
jide53:

Is she kidding? See person dey lie o....and u expect us to biliv u?

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by Osode: 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
As in Ehn...
The sheer Hipocrisy of these 'new breed' is just Mind Boggling.
What is the monthly take home of a federal Minister (of cabinet rank for that matter)?. Is the rent that upscale that just one months pay could'nt offset it??
Just imagine.
First Audu Ogbe (in that fruedian slip) spilled all the beans... Now This!!
Sigh...

2 Likes

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by 224real(f): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
buy your handmade beads at an affordable price in abuja, call or whatsapp me on 08174599110

1 Like

Re: I Couldn’t Pay Rent As A Minister -ezekwesili by wirinet(m): 5:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
APContherun:

And Tinubu the Dean of the Faculty of Corruption is the leader of the Yoruba nation, worshipped by even people who should know.

What kind of house was Oby`s mother living in that she could not afford the rent as a minister?
The question you need to find out;
What was the legitimate salary and allowances of a minister during Obasanjo's era?
What were the total expenditure obligations of Mrs Ezekwelisi - Bills, Childrens's school fees and upkeep and family obligations.
What are her own personal needs- Leisure, clothing and jewelries, etc.

And finally, how long was she a minister?

I now see why ministers and public officials need to embezzle as fast as possible when they get to office. The expectations of friends, family and the masses is unrealistic.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Governship Campagn In PHC / Breaking News President Campaign Rally In Enugu State Pixs / Japan's Maglev Train Sets World Record: 603 Kph That is LAG To ABJ In 75 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.