Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,783 members, 7,898,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

1honeybee's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1honeybee's Profile / 1honeybee's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

Romance / Re: Should Couples Jointly Undergo A Comprehensive Medical Exam Before Marriage? by 1honeybee: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]HIV. . . .necessary and do-able

Sickle cell trait. . . . necessar and do-able

Diabetes . . .necessay, do-able but not so much. type 2 diabetes (T2D) occurs in later life and some ppl can develop it really late while some can develope it as early as in their thirties. There is no test yet that can establish the likelihood of your partner developing it or not except for family history . . . .which is a 50/50 things as  well. does this also include gestational diabetes? which btw increases your chances of developing T2D

Erectile dysfunction (for the I don't want to get down before marriage couples). . . .necessary IF its do-able

Hepatitis. . .necessary for one's good anyway and very do-able

STDs. . . .necessary and doable but how many of them will u test for? just the ''common'' ones? undecided

Fertility . . . .dont know lipsrsealed it depends. by the way, there are some cases of infertility that can NOT be explained, so your doc can tell u there's nothing wrong but u may stil nt be able to conceive easily. . .it happens and dats life

Mental Disorders (just to make sure that your partner is not kolomental). . . .not sure if dis is doable or not, but family history MAY help u decide and even without a family history, one can have psychiatry problems later in life due to wahala dat the marriage might bring or any other trauma dat may occur after the wedding. We are different and tins tends to affect us differently.

And many others. . .should we put high blood pressure, cardiovascular disorders, cancer, pre-eclamsia, weight gain etc in this list?
[/font]
Fashion / Re: Would You Pay N25,000 Or N40,000 For A Nigeria-branded Shoe? by 1honeybee: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2011
I can NOT pay 25k for a nigerian made or branded shoe. wait o. , .dats over £100. lailai. my most expensive collections are around £200 and i drank garri for months self to get them cheesy . How ever, i have worn dem shoes like a billion times and they still looking like tear rubber.
I'm skeptical of these nigerian branded stuff mainly because i know these business ppl don't go for quality and they expect to make millions from their products. they are not customer focused at all and plus, i know i cant buy sometin from a store in the west and go and get a refund or exchange if it doesn't meet the value or quality they promise.
Family / Why Some Men With The Backing Of Their Famz Demand For Pregnancy Before Marriage by 1honeybee: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2011
Marriage has different meaning to different people and we all know the institution is not everyone's cup of tea. However, for those who are interested in getting married and all, isn't getting pregnant before the ceremony part of the DON'Ts of the institution?
I know a sister getting married in Dec but the marriage prep is the last thing on her mind, she's more interested in ways to get pregnant by Dec. This is something obviously new to me and I threw the issue at a friend for discussion and enlightenment. From the discussion, it came to my knowledge that this has been going on for a long time and its basically to make sure the woman is fertile.
My questions are:
what is a miscarriage occurs after the wedding?
what about still-birth?
what if the guy actually does have fertility problem(s)? all the girls that comes his way will bear the brunt abi?
If the guy's family has got his back on such a thing why will any woman want to be part of that fam?
Isn't marriage for better for worse?
Is it o.k if a girl in this situation should tell the guy to go get confirmation that he's never going to have cancer, metabolic syndrome etc.?

If you have an understanding of this practice or know someone it has happened to please do share and enlighten people like me.
Health / Re: Are Medical Contact Lenses Really Safe by 1honeybee: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2011
contact lenses are really good. however if u dont have the patience for daily maintenance of the monthlies go for the dailies. there are some u can wear for only 8hrs and some for 12hrs, it depends on ur need(s) and the health of ur eyes. there is no known side effect yet except wen sanitation is poor. for dusty environments just wear sunglasses, it helps a bit
Romance / Re: I'm Getting Married In December, But To The Wrong Person. Pls Help Me Out by 1honeybee: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2011
@OP

is the ceremony still on? like seriously?
Family / Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by 1honeybee: 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2011
Wait o. . . .sebi introduction comes after the guy has proposed to the girl right?

anyway, according to my family sha, the couple have to wear the same attire and apparently, that's the way it should be done. i personally do not agree but. . . . .
Family / Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by 1honeybee: 2:32pm On Aug 18, 2011
Da Doctor:

SO UNA DON BORN EVEN BEFORE UNA MARRY?

DONT TELL ME YOU HAVE DRAWN AGAINST UNCLEARED EFFECT O cool cool

lol. . . .don't get it twisted doc, we dont have children but we both love children and those words are words of some children i know
Family / Re: Parents: Your Child"s First Funny Words by 1honeybee: 12:50am On Aug 03, 2011
awww. . . .babies and toddlers are the cutest things in d world. i love the way they remix words eg

u waka= u welcome
jagu= thanku
ewar= edward
haish=rice
maami=mummy

My fiance is soo silly with children, when they speak gibberish to him, he actually turns it into a conversation which can go on for like a minute or so. however he's only saying rubbish and nonsense but they just keep replying him and itssss sooooo funny
Romance / Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by 1honeybee: 1:57am On Jul 26, 2011
last time i checked. . . .its not only JW dat don't accept blood trans, some other ppl with and without religious belief of any kind dont accept it as well so why are u guys singling them out
Romance / Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying A Jehovah's Witness? by 1honeybee: 2:38am On Jul 22, 2011
Nigerians can be sooo ignorant. . . . . .very pitiful
Family / Re: Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? by 1honeybee: 4:40am On Jun 29, 2011
Ermmm. . . . .a very rhetorical question. in most cases, it is not the broken home alone that influences the child, many factors are usually involved. Lets not forget that everyone has got issues of their own as well. . . . plus including and not excluding the angels (girls from stable homes).

Below are cases of different people i know, their family status and mentality towards marriage

Case 1: a young lady with a mother and father, married for over 24yrs who had serious issues as a child, told the parents but nothing was done to protect her. . . .i tell u this, she is psychologically and emotionally damaged and i know but hey, shes from a stable home so a good wife material isnt it? lets not forget the fact that she's always wondering how one can live with anoda human being for over 20yrs? (her words not mine). she does not understand y people marry or commit to each other

Case 2: a young lady whose father never had a real interest in her until after her teenage years, brought up by mum, hates her father but nt men in general, very adamant to keeping hold of her man with the mentality that the man will have to use his hands to pack her things out of the house before she leaves her hubby's house. . . .no matter wat happens (as long as he's nt a criminal and or a murderer)

Case 3: young lady whose dad decided to become useless, parents nt together but not divorced. her mentality towards men and marriage is to take her time to look for ''the one'' before getting married even if dat means getting into her late 30's and above.

Case 4: girl from a stable home (to outsiders ofcos) whose father takes joy in battering the mum whenever he want. her opinion on men and marriage is quite normal

Bottom line is, we all come with different baggage(s) and the way these baggages affects us depends on US . . . amongst other contributing factors.
Celebrities / Re: Pictures From The World Premiere Of The Mirror Boy by 1honeybee: 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2011
The mirror boy. . . .hnmm.

My opinion? if and only if u just feel like putting moni into the making of the silly movie, go cinema watch am but if not, wait till its uploaded on youtube or something. You wont be missing a thing cos the movie is a waste of moni. the movie is not worthy of all the ads and watever surrounding it. I wasted my moni and 90mins on my time in dat cinema
Celebrities / Re: Genevieve Vs Omotola: Who Is More Beautiful Without Makeup? by 1honeybee: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2011
The first picture of Gene i'm sure was taken on set of 'the mirror boy''(very stupid movie by the way) and yes she's got a bit of make up on.
Both women are beautiful IMO
Family / Re: I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" by 1honeybee: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2011
The situation is very pathetic. genetic predisposition to cancer is only 10% and diet plays a significant role in cancer development. Even twins rarely develop cancer together in their life time.

The fear that the lady or her child will die of cancer is soo stupid becos we all will die of something. E.G. wat gives dem the impression that their son wont be involved in a car accident that may claim his life in the next 10mins? and please people, just the way we are genetically predisposed to cancer, is the same way we're genetically predisposed to metabolic syndrome (diabetes, hypertension, atherosclerosis, and the king of all of them Coronary heart disease(s)). However, with this already happening, that lady can not enjoy her marriage sha. except they cut the hubby's family off. . . . .which may bring its own wahala as well.

Many people are educated illiterates sha
Romance / Re: Does Long Distance Relationships Realy Work? by 1honeybee: 11:28pm On May 28, 2011
I'm presently in a LDR and i can say its working alright. I believe its just like any other relationship. See how it goes first before making ur decision
Family / Re: Virginal Discharge Problem (toilet Decease) by 1honeybee: 6:07am On May 27, 2011
^^^^^pls don't blame us o. the first time i had yeast (about 2yrs ago) i didn't know what it was and i googled all d googleables and came up with a diagnosis, herpes. I rushed myself to A & E where i was referred to women's clinic was asked questions, my answer to some of the questions just made d woman doctor laff soo much she was convulsing. She couldn't understand how i came up with the diagnosis. Its lack of awareness.
Family / Re: Virginal Discharge Problem (toilet Decease) by 1honeybee: 7:14pm On May 26, 2011
Its definitely thrush. if you can get some canesten cream. Use it for few days. However, if after about a wk there's no difference, go see ur doc.
Health / Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by 1honeybee: 8:30pm On May 25, 2011
babs2011:

^so you think by skipping meals and exercising you will burn cals? Your body need fuel to function and will just hold on to the calories consume no matter how little rather than burn them. Your approach is not the right way at all. You will just end up messing your bodys metabolism instead. Maybe someone else can explain it better than i have. I still feel your goal is unrealistic, sorry.

Nah. . . . .i'm not skipping meals on purpose at all. I sleep about 7am and wake up about 2-3pm, study for a few hrs and by the time i'm ready to eat its dinner time. I actually love food. I eat less wen i'm stressed (exam fever)
Family / Re: Is This What Happens In Serious Relationships? by 1honeybee: 4:51am On May 24, 2011
chamber2:

Hey, i dont think u should leave this guy.Just let him know your concerns.He is only being unsecured about the affair and therefore needs you to reassure him of your love and commitments.Just work on it,it's not a big deal.

^^^^^^Really? So, until she can establish that reassurance she should take the abuse (which may even go up a notch or 2)?
Health / Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by 1honeybee: 4:21am On May 24, 2011
@ babs2011 and  Romeo4real

lets settle for the fact that i'm trying to burn calories. There are some features of metabolic syndrome I may be genetically predisposed to which i'm trying (not so well) to avoid,

Monday 23 May 2011

brekki----------- woke up late
lunch------------ couldn't be bothered
3pm------------- 60skips
7pm--------------- 30mins walk
8pm------------ White rice and chicken (no skin)
Drinks----------- 2 cups of mango juice (mixed with a cup of water)
Health / Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by 1honeybee: 3:30pm On May 23, 2011
@GenBuhari

I'm not joking oo. My weight would have been perfect for a normal height. But i'm more on the petite side (actually 5'). I'm not ''borderline underweight''grin. , Trust me, i'm not trying to be skinny been there and its not pretty.
Health / Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by 1honeybee: 3:28am On May 23, 2011
Weight------------- 46kg   

Height-------------- 5'2 (very depressing grin)

Target-------------- about 38kg 

Sunday 22 May 2011

No brekki (woke up late)

No lunch (couldn't be bothered)

6pm--------------- A portion of white rice and chicken (without d skin)

10pm-------------- 100 skips

12am--------------- small portion of cornflakes, milk and sugar

Water intake--------- i don't really do water its got a nasty taste in my mouth. Had a can of redbull and sprite mixed with some water instead.
Religion / Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by 1honeybee: 4:05am On May 21, 2011
The state of Christianity in nigeria is really shocked.

Some people have responded to this topic stating the source of this man's wealth as his many plentiful published books, cd, videos and watnot. Now, as a christian spreading the word of God and considering the fact that this word of God is MAJORLY for the unbelievers to see the way, shouldnt all these materials be free? seriously? Isn't that wat ur tithe and offering should cover including the rent and expenses of the church? if the church moni can be able to print and publish these materials i dont see why the pastor should use ''his'' own moni talkless of expecting a profit from it. Personally, i go to church and i pay neither tithe (i'm not working at the mo) nor offering (i will do so when i read my bible to that point). i don't perform all those breaking watnots and prosperity offerings or if u want God to replenish ur pocket bring so and so amount as seed and ur life will change by the end of the yr.seriously? how come this ur life is not perfect with ur tithe and offering payment? anything beside tithe and offering(maybe) is an attempt to ''buy'' watever ur pastor is selling.

Bottomline, as a pastor (called by God) you're not meant to be physically poor but not stinkingly rich as well. If a member of your church is dat rich, it is ur obligation as ur pastor to encourage them to feed the poor, cloth the naked and put moni into ongoing research(s) of ur interest which will benefit all of us. I hope these pastors pay their own tithe and offering as well.

there was a programme on channel 4 the other day about how pastors make themselves rich and fake miracles. it was really criticising and sooo true. however, someone that is religiously blind wouldnt have seen the truth in the poins that were raised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOnc-5Ci6vY
Romance / Re: Sex After Engagement , Is It Right? by 1honeybee: 3:59am On May 10, 2011
I'm going to assume this ''engagement'' is the traditional marriage thingy commonly called ''engagement abi? if its dat one oh, u're married. biblically, we were told to get married, but place of marriage was not specified i.e. church or watnot. So if ur traditional ''marriage'' aka engagement is out of the way, u're married.
Travel / Re: When Will The Old Nigeria International Passport Will Seized To Be Recognise by 1honeybee: 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2011
info from their website says april 1, i guess dats next wk
Family / Re: Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven by 1honeybee: 2:39am On Mar 22, 2011
lovejo:

If you divorce her base on her unfaithfulness, and you did not marry except she is dead. That is the rule.

^^^^^^^ dats the answer to ur question.
Religion / Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by 1honeybee: 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2011
This is very common in nig even among dem pastor ppl. I know of this woman who's a redeem pastor or watever but her house helps don't eat with the rest of the family. these girls have to eat in the kitchen after the needs of her children has been met. Her first born was about 15 then and she had no idea how the broom in their house was used. When this woman is going to church on sunday, the house helps stay behind to do the laundry, her husband was very popular before he died few yrs ago and things were apparently better with the children and maids then. its a very pathetic case in nig.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Happy Women's Day To All Women In This Forum by 1honeybee: 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
ehnmmmm. . . . .lets not forget today is also pancake day, so happy pancake day everyone cheesy grin
Health / Re: My Girl ALWAYS Having Painfull Menstration Monthly by 1honeybee: 10:51pm On Feb 20, 2011
the signs and symptoms associate with endometriosis and fibroid is almost the same thing. So her pain may be due to either one. However, if her flow comes with blood clots and heavy then she need to see her doctor. in some cases common painkillers dont help and u may want ur dr to prescribe u with more powerful ones or contraceptive pills, they help but have a bit of side effect(s) on different ppl, however remember even aspirin has a negative side effect on some ppl , so does paracetamol
Business / Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by 1honeybee: 4:43pm On Jan 26, 2011
toyemz:

become a personal buyer
i do this in UK
loads of Nigerians come to buy things
some have no idea where you can get good deals
scout the internet for such places or sites

ehnmm, so u buy for them and they pay u? undecided
Family / Re: 5 Years Old Boy Still Sucking Breast? by 1honeybee: 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2011
you all need to search youtube for ''extreme breastfeeding'' or something like that. channel4 showed it sometime last yr or the yr before. There was an 8yrs old girl breastfeeding there. I personally don't think its disgusting, each to their own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (of 7 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.