Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,522 members, 7,978,717 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:06 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (338132 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 11:45pm On May 23, 2011
@Nikkimono -

What is your goal and target weight? Skipping Breakfast and lunch will not help you in the long run as its not sustainable. Skipping meals is always counter productive in a weight loss program. You also need to increase your water intake.
Hope the test goes well. Moving forward, don't leave yourself exposed again!

@Gen B -

There's a school of thought that advises against drinking too much water with meals. Firstly, it dilutes the stomach acid and results in inefficient digestion, secondly, it can make the food mass quite fluid, which makes it empty from the stomach too quickly before the gastric acids and enzymes have had time to do their job properly. This also results in inefficient digestion. Thirdly, it makes u feel full - which is not necessary, unless you feel you are eating too much in the first place. Also, it has been noted that animals do NOT drink water with their food, but do it sometime after eating, or even at a totally separate time.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 11:50pm On May 23, 2011
Shy-One -

I make that 9 miles in about 12hrs! How long have you been doing this to "maintain"?What is you current height/weight ratio? And what is your diet like?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ShyOne(f): 4:16am On May 24, 2011
@ GenBuhari

So sorry - I will try - I have never in my  life listed anything in any measurements except pounds and ounces.  I don't know how to convert into metric units such as kg - when we speak here in the U.S. - we don't speak in those terms unless we are in a scientific field - the average person doesn't talk like that - and that's any race in the U.S. if they are a U.S. citizen.  SO this will be a learning lesson for me because I promise I will try to figure it out and try to post in this manner for the group - I will find a converter.

@  babs2011 - thank  you for the encouragement and the shout out.

@ Romeo

5'10"
170 pounds - I think that is 77 kg

I don't diet - I eat what my body craves - I used to drink coffee - NOT ANYMORE - just green tea(hot) - every blue moon I will drink a soda but drink water regularly and daily, I have ALWAYS LOVED WATER - drink 2% milk when eating cereal - I eat cold cereal - 2-3 times a week.  Eat lots of fresh fruit and any vegetable I can get my hand on EVERY SINGLE DAY OR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE- I crave fruits and vegetables.  Meat and Seafood.  Grilled, Boiiled or Fried - I eat all 3.  Every now and then i want chocolate and will kill anyone that gets in my way.  I will eat my chocolate.  That's usually around the first of the month - I go on a 2 day binge and you might find me sitting in a corner eating about 5 bars of chocolate.  I dare you to say one word.

I don't exercise everyday - the norm is 6 days a week.  When overworked I cut down out of necessity because of workloads.  When I exercise (I think and purge and cry and laugh and sing to God - because for me it is more therapeutic than it is exercise) when I exercise: I either walk twice a day or walk once and bike once - in the wee morning hours upon rising and late at night before bed. 

I love toning and do it to music (ipod) or mindlessly while watching television with a ballet bar - doing precision leg lifts that work thighs, calves and buttocks and work on arms and abs a few minutes every day - 7 days a week.  I primarily walk and jog alot and bike alot to hold down stress - I have VERY HIGH STRESS LEVELS.  My work as well as personal life moves very, very fast.  So I walk alot to maintain a balanced peace of mind versus a physical body weight.  When I walk I focus on "what am I suppose to do next, nature and music" - I avoid people and am in my own world.  I block out noise, traffic and people when outside and get irritated if someone tries to engage me in a verbal exchange.

Also about 7 months of the year no outside activity can be done because of the freezing harsh weather here.  So I have an inside bike and treadmill - to use during those months and if the heat is too oppressive, I walk inside.

I am not hungry in the morning or at lunch time and usually eat around 2-3pm for the first time - it has been my normal routine for quite a while.

Today's Log:

1 whole cucumber - uncooked, uncut - just washed

1 whole hot sandwich on toasted ciabatta bread made with half a tomato sliced and warmed with melted mozzarellla cheese, mushrooms and cooked spinach (Vegetarian Sandwich)
10 baked lays chips

1 whole hot sandwich:
roast beef and cheese - melted on a sandwich bun

5 bottles of water - 20 ounces each = 2.9574 litres

Did not walk today.  Work overload - could not leave office - 16 hour workday.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by 1honeybee: 4:21am On May 24, 2011
@ babs2011 and  Romeo4real

lets settle for the fact that i'm trying to burn calories. There are some features of metabolic syndrome I may be genetically predisposed to which i'm trying (not so well) to avoid,

Monday 23 May 2011

brekki----------- woke up late
lunch------------ couldn't be bothered
3pm------------- 60skips
7pm--------------- 30mins walk
8pm------------ White rice and chicken (no skin)
Drinks----------- 2 cups of mango juice (mixed with a cup of water)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:29pm On May 24, 2011
I dey greet all of una

log

200 airboxing
200 biclycle crunches
100 reverse
60 push ups
100 seated oblique

General nutlover how far? I have not checked your nut consumptions lately. tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:47pm On May 24, 2011
Tuesday 24th May

Exercise: Day 7 - JM Ripped in 30 (35 mins), 90 mins power walk.

Food:

Breakfast - bowl of cereal, 2 buttered bread rolls
Lunch- 2 slices bread and 1 fried egg
Dinner- small bowl of rice and stirfry chicken and vegetables.
4 ltrs water
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:49pm On May 24, 2011
babs2011:

Tuesday 24th May

Exercise: Day 6 - JM Ripped in 30 (35 mins), 90 mins power walk.

Food:

Breakfast - bowl of cereal, 2 buttered bread rolls
Dinner- small bowl of rice and stirfry chicken and vegetables.
4 ltrs water

Well done. Hope you did not miss road again wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:52pm On May 24, 2011
1honeybee:

@ babs2011 and  Romeo4real

lets settle for the fact that[b] i'm trying to burn calories[/b]. There are some features of metabolic syndrome I may be genetically predisposed to which i'm trying (not so well) to avoid,

Monday 23 May 2011

brekki----------- woke up late
lunch------------ couldn't be bothered
3pm------------- 60skips
7pm--------------- 30mins walk
8pm------------ White rice and chicken (no skin)
Drinks----------- 2 cups of mango juice (mixed with a cup of water)

^so you think by skipping meals and exercising you will burn cals? Your body need fuel to function and will just hold on to the calories consume no matter how little rather than burn them. Your approach is not the right way at all. You will just end up messing your bodys metabolism instead. Maybe someone else can explain it better than i have. I still feel your goal is unrealistic, sorry.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:55pm On May 24, 2011
agabaI23:

Well done. Hope you did not miss road again wink

^thank you jare, how did you know?? lol but luckily we found our way back ontime. Feel it in my legs though which can only be good. smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2011
babs2011:

^thank you jare, how did you know?? lol but luckily we found our way back ontime. Feel it in my legs though which can only be good. smiley
Lol the last time you did 110, you said you lost your bearing so I guessed it could have been the same this time
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 24, 2011
Hi people!! smiley
Tues 24th May 2011

Water:2L

Exercise:90mins easy walk

Oats porridge with milk
1 crisp bread
boiled egg
pasta ang ckicken and ham salad -350g
3 bananas
rice and beans with stew and chicken 200g
almond nuts  - 50g
brazil nuts-      50g
25g dark chocolate (50% cocoa)
orange
glass of fruit smoothie
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by wahabcoal(m): 6:09am On May 25, 2011
Hi readers, i've got this Digital glass scale, perfect for keeping tabs on your weight,
Can be placed anywhere either in Bathroom, scale has an excellent capacity of 330 pounds,
weight management device is stylish, elegant with square glass top.
Thousands of units available and can be customized in Company's name or LOGO.
Call me for further enquiries
0703745-8415

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 11:02am On May 25, 2011
@General house,
Hi All,how y'all doing?!

R4R,
Welcome,why the long sabbatical,election ended long time ago!!.

Back to slightly intense(HG,I exercised caution)workout,I added short jogging spurts to my brisk walks because it was starting to feel effortless and too easy. I barely lifted my feet from the ground the ground though,but really feel better. Till now(5hrs later)no pain or distress.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 25, 2011
Hi All!
Wednesday 25th May 2011

Exercise:
40 mins gentle walk
20 press ups,   12 modified press ups, 8 modified modified press ups  (struggling with belly on the ground  embarassed
35 bicycle crunches

Water: 2.5L and counting

Food:
slice buttered wholemeal bread
15g dark chocolate
handful of brazil nuts and few almond nuts
banana
oats porridge with milk
2 chicken approx 250g
Slice of cake
chilli and mince
1 whole plantain fried
Handful of doritos crisp with dips

@modath
well done ooh!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:26pm On May 25, 2011
GenBuhari:

Hi All!
Wednesday 25th May 2011

Exercise:
40 mins gentle walk
20 press ups,   12 modified press ups, 8 modified modified press ups  (struggling with belly on the ground  embarassed

Water: 1L and counting

Food:
slice buttered wholemeal bread
15g dark chocolate
handful of brazil nuts and few almond nuts
banana
oats porridge with milk

@modath
well done ooh!

Well done General nutlover. Soon the stomach will recede. Keep doing that!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:19pm On May 25, 2011
Hi everyone

Log

5.7 km run

400 bicycle crunches
80 push ups
3 minutes plank
100 reverse crunches

HourG is missing in action.

Happy midweek everyone
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by 1honeybee: 8:30pm On May 25, 2011
babs2011:

^so you think by skipping meals and exercising you will burn cals? Your body need fuel to function and will just hold on to the calories consume no matter how little rather than burn them. Your approach is not the right way at all. You will just end up messing your bodys metabolism instead. Maybe someone else can explain it better than i have. I still feel your goal is unrealistic, sorry.

Nah. . . . .i'm not skipping meals on purpose at all. I sleep about 7am and wake up about 2-3pm, study for a few hrs and by the time i'm ready to eat its dinner time. I actually love food. I eat less wen i'm stressed (exam fever)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:09pm On May 25, 2011
agabaI23:

Hi everyone

HourG is missing in action.

Yes, I am o. Would you believe me, if i told you the flu is till there. So much cough and running nose. Are you sure this is not the effect of the "bromergon"? Meanwhile, too many things on my mind as ave said initially, when I finish offloading them, I will start properly. On the other hand, I do walk at the least 45 mins walk everyday but since its outside my exercise plan, i dont log it. It has to do with my job and i do that as if am breathing.

Food had been good too, only processed stuff like pies and doughs etc. My paroles had not given me chance to cook, so i grab what i see and eat, my bad but i should be excused, there is just so much on ma mind, sad sad

I will soon be back and better. I know that whatever is beyond man's power to take care of, then you leave all to the supremacy who is able to bring something out of nothingness. catcha
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:29pm On May 25, 2011
Hour_Glass:

Yes, I am o. Would you believe me, if i told you the flu is till there. So much cough and running nose. Are you sure this is not the effect of the "bromergon"? Meanwhile, too many things on my mind as ave said initially, when I finish offloading them, I will start properly. On the other hand, I do walk at the least 45 mins walk everyday but since its outside my exercise plan, i dont log it. It has to do with my job and i do that as if am breathing.

Food had been good too, only processed stuff like pies and doughs etc. My paroles had not given me chance to cook, so i grab what i see and eat, my bad but i should be excused, there is just so much on ma mind, sad sad

I will soon be back and better. I know that whatever is beyond man's power to take care of, then you leave all to the supremacy who is able to bring something out of nothingness. catcha
E yaa make e stop now.

The medicine can cause watery nasal discharge but i doubt that's what you having since you are having cough and blocked nose possibly.
Some flu could be stubborn, however you could see your doctor if it persists.

I pray whatever is in the mind dissipates soon. However you must bear in mind that a combination of no exercise and and process carbs is a good recipe for wiping off gains,
Good luck as you deal with it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 9:52pm On May 25, 2011
@honeybee1 -

lets settle for the fact that I'm trying to burn calories.
Eating properly, and eating the right stuff actually helps you burn more calories. Skipping meals is ALWAYS counter productive in a weight loss program and will not help you in any appreciable way - I've covered the issue many times here.

There are some features of metabolic syndrome I may be genetically predisposed to
What syndrome? Do you want to share this with us?

@Shy-One -

I don't diet - I eat what my body craves
This is your "diet". Anything your meals consist of, is considered a "diet".

I used to drink coffee - NOT ANYMORE - just green tea(hot)
This is the same thing. Tea contains as much Caffeine as Coffee. If you are taking this in the morning, it is because you skip breakfast and your body craves the Caffeine in the Coffee/Tea to give you an energy boost. This is the normal function of Tea/ Coffee in the morning.

I am not hungry in the morning or at lunch time and usually eat around 2-3pm for the first time
Again, this is totally counter productive and you do yourself no favors here. The reason you are not hungry at breakfast/ lunch is because you are used to not eating at this time (as you have confirmed) and your body has simply adapted - though it will still need the Caffeine boost to have any semblance of proper function

I would urge you to maintain proper eating habits - even if you are maintaining your weight, so that your body can function at its optimum level.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 10:04pm On May 25, 2011
@ HG -

If you indeed had the "Flu", you most certainly would not be able to do any type of training or walking. You are most likely suffering from a common cold or a minor infection. However, it is better NOT to indulge in any form of exercise until your symptoms disappear, so as to give your immune system a chance to fight off the infection.
Did you take Bromergon? If so, what for? It is use to treat a number of ailments, namely - menstrual disorders, infertility, prevention & suppression of lactation, Parkinson's disease amongst other. It has also been know to aid weight loss.

@Modath -

Welcome,why the long sabbatical,election ended long time ago!!
How u doing? Hope u been keeping well! Well, elections over, but many subsequent processes related to it are not over yet , hence we are still required. Plus im doing other things there.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:41pm On May 25, 2011
Romeo4real:

@ HG -

If you indeed had the "Flu", you most certainly would not be able to do any type of training or walking. You are most likely suffering from a common cold or a minor infection. However, it is better NOT to indulge in any form of exercise until your symptoms disappear, so as to give your immune system a chance to fight off the infection.

Noted

Did you take Bromergon?

Yes

If so, what for? It is use to treat a number of ailments, namely - menstrual disorders, infertility, prevention & suppression of lactation, Parkinson's disease amongst other.

For the above, did you remember i asked if exercise could affect periods once before, well i found out other things.

It has also been know to aid weight loss.

That would be interesting, and the issue is this feeling of fullness i get all day, does it have anything to do with it?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 11:11pm On May 25, 2011
Wednesday 25th May

Exercise: Day 8 - JM Ripped in 30 (35 mins), 50 mins power walk.

Food:

Breakfast - bowl of cereal and milk
Dinner - 1 slice boiled yam, 1/2 boiled plantain, fish stew.
Snacks - 80g chin chin
1 cup of coffee with milk, 3 ltrs water
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:13am On May 26, 2011
I dey greet una ohh!! grin
Can someone please calculate my approx calories each day for me? - thanks i advance smiley

Thurs 26/5/2011

Water: 1.5L

Exercise: 40min walk

4 banana
3 slices wholemeal bread with stew and  chicken
2 avocado
40g chcocolate
5-6 almond nuts
cup of coffee with milk
very thin slice of cake
pasta salad with chicken & bacon -350g
doritos crisps
large amount of rice with stew and chicken

@babs2011
Great logs  - well done, however there seems a lack of green vegetables in your diet although Iam not sure if it matters since you have fibres from yam and cereal.

@modath
I would love to know what your diet is like at present smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Romeo4real(m): 3:35pm On May 26, 2011
@HG -

For the above, did you remember i asked if exercise could affect periods once before, well i found out other things.
I remember answering this question. Yes, exercise can indeed affect a woman's period, but usually if done in an extreme fashion. Your weight/diet have a bigger bearing on your periods than exercise. It is possible that normal exercise can alter the body's normal hormone balance, but this is highly unusual.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 4:51pm On May 26, 2011
Thurs 26th May

Exercise: Day 9 - JM Ripped in 30 dvd (35 mins),
Hips bums and tums class (group aerobics and quite enjoyable) - 60mins
Brisk walk - 30 mins

Food:

Breakfast - bowl of cereal with milk, 1 slice of bread
Lunch - 2 slices toast, lightly buttered
Dinner - 1 large serving spoon jellof rice, stirfry chicken and stirfry carrots, beansprouts,brocolli [/b]and onions
Snacks - 1 cereal bar,  25g popcorn, 1 yogurt
Drinks - 1 cup of milky coffee. 4 ltrs water

GenBuhari:

@babs2011
Great logs  - well done, however there seems a lack of[b] green vegetables
in your diet although Iam not sure if it matters since you have fibres from yam and cereal.

@ Gen, happy now?? grin  I do eat stirfry veg but will take note and try and increase my intake. My passion for carbs continues, however i'm trying to moderate it. Thanks for your encouragement though, training like a 'navy seal' no easy o  wink!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 26, 2011
Abi ooo!
I envy your discipline   - I gotta work harder  smiley
babs2011:

training like a 'navy seal' no easy o  wink!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:14pm On May 26, 2011
The improving General,
There has been no variation to all i've discussed concerning my diet in the past but am not going to blow you off.

Protein:boiled beans or moin-moin never Akara(cant handle the oil).lots of green beans in rice and a side dish for boiled yam on occassions.boiled/grilled skinless poultry,lots of oily fish,skim milk,boiled eggs.

Carbs:wheatmeal,wheat bread,yam,rice,garri,leafy greens,cocoyam basically,now maize is in season it's a choice snack.
The long and short of it is that even though its hard to believe,i eat 90% clean and practise portion control.i am blessed with a strong will that allows me to ignore stuff that can derail me.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:22pm On May 26, 2011
Gen B,
Let me also add that am impressed with your new regime,keep on keeping on.you'd definitely get results and get motivated to do more.

NEW PEEPS,
Welcome!.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 27, 2011
Good Morning people

Fri 27/5/2011

Exercise: 65mins gentle walk
2 sets of:
press ups
bicycle crunches
plank
Water:3.5L

Food:
small rice with stew approx 100g
pasta salad with chicken and bacon (350g)
broccoli mixed with fried onions
piece of cake
coffee
half cup of milk
large plate of rice, curry and chicken
banana
pear
kiwi fruit

@modath
Thanks for your encouragement smiley

Well done - your meals seem to be very good and healthy. I am working on my discipline.
Can you indicate on average how much water you drink daily? smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:24pm On May 27, 2011
Friday 27th May

Exercise: Day 10 - JM Ripped in 30 dvd (yay! week 2 completed smiley)

Food:

Bowl of cereal with milk.
Pasta with olives, green salad.
Fruit salad - strawberries, mango and guava.
2 slices bread and peanut butter.
1 slice of cake
3 ltrs of water.

Sup everyone! it seems rather quiet on here,

@Agaba you've been M.I.A, hope you're alright?

Have a good weekend all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:33pm On May 27, 2011
babs2011:

Friday 27th May

Exercise: Day 10 - JM Ripped in 30 dvd (yay! week 2 completed smiley)

Food:

Bowl of cereal with milk.
Pasta with olives, green salad.
Fruit salad - strawberries, mango and guava.
2 slices bread and peanut butter.
1 slice of cake
3 ltrs of water.

Sup everyone! it seems rather quiet on here,

@Agaba you've been M.I.A, hope you're alright?

Have a good weekend all.

Yea because General nutlover has refused to talk to me cry

[size=4pt]Writing a professional exam tomorrow, my excuse sha[/size] grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (230) (Reply)

Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.