Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,247 members, 7,891,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:32 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (332760 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:30pm On May 27, 2011
^ eeyah pele. you wipe those tears from your eyes, will ave a word  wink

@ Gen: haba, why now Gen wetin Agaba do you??  abeg pls no ignore him again so he will stop crying  grin

@ agaba, yah thats no excuse really, but all the best wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:38pm On May 27, 2011
babs2011:

^ eeyah pele. you wipe those tears from your eyes, will ave a word  wink

@ Gen: haba, why now Gen wetin Agaba do you??  abeg pls no ignore him again so he will stop crying  grin

@ agaba, yah thats no excuse really,  but all the best  wink
Good girl grin!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Acuherb: 3:00pm On May 28, 2011
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 28, 2011
Good Day people

Fri 28/5/2011

Exercise:
3 sets of:press ups

Water:3L

Food:
4 slices wholemeal bread with egg& mayonnaise filling
large piece of rich fruit cake with brandy sauce
large plate of rice, curry and chicken
banana
kiwi fruit
rice and beans

@babs2011
Madam I wish a nice weekend also.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 4:22pm On May 29, 2011
@ALL,
Hope y'all doing great!,

@General B,
Hope you are still on your grind,it isn't easy but it will get more comfortable as time goes on.I dont keep an accurate count of my water intake but i believe its between 2-3 litres, i love to drink water and i live in Abuja cheesy grin,nothing more to add.

@HG,
Babe,where art thou?

@Babs
Chick,keep kicking bu tts cos am living my Jillian ripped in 30 vicariously though you,wish to be there with you but know it ain't happening,go girl!! smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ShyOne(f): 2:41am On May 30, 2011
Hello All:

MIA for the past days - didn't write down a daily log for the past week. Will focus on being more consistent.

Sunday:

3 Litres Water
2 (16 ounce) Monster Energy Drinks
1 (11.2 ounce) carrot juice
1 cereal-size bowl of rice and baked turkey

Brisk Walk - clocked 4 miles
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:24am On May 30, 2011
Hi folks, me on the move. Could be on the side of the atlantic.
THANKS BABS, it was good. I had all the best like you wished me.
Log
Managed to get 200 bicycle crunches in my hotel room some 30 press ups, some reverse crunches and good old planks. Gotta rush before I miss. See you guys soon.
HourG. . . Get back soon.
My beloved General peanut, have a good week;-)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 2:00pm On May 30, 2011
agabaI23:

THANKS BABS, it was good. I had all the best like you wished me.

^Well done mate! Also its good to see you're still getting your w/o in despite being on the move.

Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying the holiday.

@Modath, don't worry still kicking bu tts here with JM and da crew. I started week 3 (day 11) of the dvd this morning. Man it is hard ooo shocked. My thighs were seriously shaking and i thought i wouldn't be able to walk after. There are some intense workouts on this, really a mighty step up from week 1 and 2. I'm surprising myself at the sheer dedication to it so far. Most importantly the changes are now getting noticable esp my arms and tum,

@HG how far now? you've been quiet hope everything is ok. Take it easy dear.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 30, 2011
I greet you all  smiley

Monday 30th May 2011

Water:3L

Exercise:
3 sets of :
plank
press ups

Food:
cup of coffee with milk
cup of green tea with milk
rice and beans approx 200g
broccoli
2 small slices of pizza
2 pieces of bread
3 boiled eggs

@babs2011
Are approaching your target weight yet?

@modath
you seem to be very discplined on your diet and i think you should focus on increasing water to average 3.5L daily
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 5:24pm On May 30, 2011
Gen how far now?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 12:21am On May 31, 2011
@babs2011
i am well, I thank God.
Did you enjoy the Bank hol?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 10:37am On May 31, 2011
Hmmmmmm! Thanks y'all for checking on me, am fine o. The rain had been disturbing my running but i got my 5lbs dbs now and ave started JM's 30 DS just yesterday sha. Its not easy but its worth it. See you later.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 2:56pm On May 31, 2011
Tuesday 31st May

Exercise: Day 12 - JM Ripped Dvd (30 mins), Power walk - 60 minutes

Food:

2 slices of toast and 1 sausage
1 Cheese toastie
handful of strawberries, 1 scoop ice cream
fist size pounded yam and veg soup.
3 ltrs water

GenBuhari:

@babs2011
Are approaching your target weight yet?

^ @Gen, i'm not really aiming for a target weight anymore as i am only 3-4kgs away from the initial magic number (60 kg) i had set as my target . I've pretty much maintained my weight (give or take fluctuations btw 2-4 kgs) for almost a year and haven't weighed myself for almost a month now.  I'm comfortable how i look in my clothes etc and think my body is happy where its at now so I'm not going to get obssessed with a particular number. Approximately i'm there. My real focus now is improving my fitness level and muscle tone,  i want more definition on my tum, arms, legs and bu tt hence my 'navy seal' regime  wink.

@HG, glad to see you back on the JM wagon, i agree its def not an easy route but really worth it for the results after.

@ everyone, hope you're all having a good day so far.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 4:11pm On May 31, 2011
If i may ask this, how am i supposed to do this everyday, my whole body aches, i wonder how babs and modath do that everyday. Or should i start with the modified version since i walk everyday too and i run thrice a week. Pls lemme know your views. Its nice to know 123 is not having exam fever, where is he by the way sef? Romeo thanks for the answers, i think my troubles don pass that level now. I really realise its good to be ignorant of some medical issues cos it will bother you less. I await a miracle now on my reproductive stuff.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:22pm On May 31, 2011
HourGlass1:

If i may ask this, how am i supposed to do this everyday, my whole body aches, i wonder how babs and modath do that everyday. Or should i start with the modified version since i walk everyday too and i run thrice a week. Pls lemme know your views. Its nice to know 123 is not having exam fever, where is he by the way sef? Romeo thanks for the answers, i think my troubles don pass that level now. I really realise its good to be ignorant of some medical issues cos it will bother you less. I await a miracle now on my reproductive stuff. 

^^ @ HG: doing the dvd 5 days a week is not easy i admit. The main factor that helps me keep going day after day is that it is not more than 30mins long. And i think JM got the length just right cos any longer than that, i would be dreading doing it each morning. After my w/o this morning i felt really sore again, even to walk and climb stairs. By this evening my muscles are feeling less sore and mentally i'm preparing myself for tmrws w/o. Work thru the pain but not to injury point. Also if you notice i try and do less strenuous exercise if im also working out later that day ( i.e power walking).  Definitely mix it with the modified version, especially if you are using the heavier weights. I believe JM and her crew are using equivalent to 3kg weights so bear this in mind if you are using 5kg, you will feel the burn more. Lastly the stretch/cooldown session is much more indepth and longer in the 'Ripped' dvd compared to 'Shred' so i really feel my muscles are not tensed from the w/o. So you might want to do extra stretches on your own to aid muscle recovery.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:22pm On May 31, 2011
HG dear,
Keep the faith,miracle is on the way. As for JM, she no dey play and its designed to make you "FEEL LIKE YOU GOING TO DIE" Lol.
One of my friends came for a day of shred and has never tried it after that.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:18am On Jun 01, 2011
The girls are using 5lbs weight which translates to 2.25kg so doing it with 5kg is a lot. I tried 4kg but settled for 3kg so I don't kill myself. LOL
HG,go ahead and modify some till you get the hang of it. I modify the jumping jacks,plank jacks and hip thrusts cos of the impact to my lower back.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:23am On Jun 01, 2011
Barbie,
That's my new name for you Babs as you have the proportions to qualify. Does the Ripped in 30 have an "Anita" too. cos you got me all dreaming about it.

GEN B,
How are you doing?.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2011
I had wanted to correct that too, 5lbs is less than 3kg. We are still cool together for now. I had to rest yesterday so that i wont be useless at work today. I will start with anita for now and take up nathalie as time goes on. Modath, how do you modify jumping jacks?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2011
Aftrernoon all

Me log for today na
500 bicycle crunches
4 minutes plank
40 press ups
Seated oblique twists no weight
some other addendums.
Still out of base!

Good to know you are back Hour G. Well done
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
Wednesday 1st June

Exercise: Day 13 - JM Ripped in 30 dvd (30 mins), Power walking 60 mins

Food:

Porridge oats, prunes.
1 packet indomie noodles, plantain
1 Cereal bar
1 slice of bread and butter

modath:

Barbie,
That's my new name for you Babs as you have the proportions to qualify. Does the Ripped in 30 have an "Anita" too.  cos you got me all dreaming about it.

@Modath, liking the new name, one can wish haha! yes there is an "anita" in the 'Ripped' dvd too , think her name is shelly. JM changes the girls in each level.

@Agaba, when r you back from your travels?
@Gen, where you dey? no logs from you,
Hg, hope your alright babe?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:38pm On Jun 01, 2011
Barbie,
Is INDOMIE noodles a world class brand? Used to think it's just a Nigerian brand.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:10am On Jun 02, 2011
HG,
Top of the morning to you. I modify Jumping jacks by either jogging in place or boxing. Btw, how does Shred compare to Tae-bo (your opinion).
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 9:06am On Jun 02, 2011
Modath, i think it depends on the taebo type but in any way, its a concentrated cardio, while shred is strength training to the core. With taebo, i have the least of aches even after running 44 mins at a go but my heart is at exhaustion. Shred works on all muscle groups systematically. Taebo can be used on alternate days with shred to have a balanced work out. Its what i feel as you requested.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2011
Babsy

Will be back month end God willing
How you dey?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
Greetings  all  smiley

water:

Exercise:40mins gentle walk

Food:
porridge oats with milk
2 slices wholemeal bread with cottage cheese filling
broccoli with onions
2 plums
banana
salad with couscous and fetta cheese

Had a bad couople of day where  I broke almost every rule of weight loss (losts of cake , rice, littel or no execise and had only  3- 5 hours of sleep and not enough water).

Back on track now,  Ahe grin.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass1: 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2011
Month end ke? What happened now? We will miss you o, hope all is well?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2011
HG,Thanks. You know I don't like bul lshit so I am quite satisfied with your response, I was thinking of getting on the Tae-bo train but it sounds a bit like Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism(still tightly wrapped) so I will defer getting it for now. What I do is to alternate the shred with a day of cardio, take a rest after the 4th day then repeat. I am getting the Yoga meltdown at the earliest opportunity.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 5:18pm On Jun 02, 2011
HourGlass1:

Month end ke? What happened now? We will miss you o, hope all is well?

I still dey oo but na new old environment. Need little adjustment
as I dey from east to North and back. Internet for here na luxury sha.

Well done with shredding.

Goodluck signed the FOI bill. Sign of better things to come. I no fit laff ooo

Naija ni baje, Nigeria is working, GEJ is working grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2011
Thurday 2nd June

Exercise: Day 14 - JM Ripped in 30 (30 mins),

Aerobics class 60 mins

Food:

Porridge oats with milk, 1/2 tsp sugar, prunes
1 Tuna and cheese sandwich
1 serving Asaro (yam pottage)
strawberries, mango, grapes.
copious amount of ice -cream embarassed (my gulity pleasure)
3 ltrs water
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2011
modath:

. I am getting the Yoga meltdown at the earliest opportunity.

^ snap! I've been reading reviews of this and its definitely on my 'to buy' list after i complete this Ripped in 30. *(update: have actually ordered it this evening, saw a good deal online, i'm becoming a JM freak haha smiley) For me Tae bo served its purpose when i was looking for serious calorie burn for weight loss - its just thru and thru cardio. There are some more recent release of tae bo which focus on strength more but nothing beats JM system esp for toning and core strength building.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 5:55pm On Jun 03, 2011
Good evening

OK (2hrs 15 minutes)
15 minutes run to the stadium
12 rounds run around the football pitch.
300 bicycle crunches
130 seated oblique
60 push ups
a bit of other things
football
'cool down' [/b]walk back grin. It was not up to

Nice day i think wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.