Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,133 members, 7,890,798 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:46 PM

1nOnlyAde's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1nOnlyAde's Profile / 1nOnlyAde's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Culture / Re: Mixed Heritage Nigerians by 1nOnlyAde: 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2007
Yes there are. One of my classmates who never knew her father just recently found out that he is actually a Nigerian. I've met so many illegitimate children with Nigerian dads.
Culture / Re: Mixed Heritage Nigerians by 1nOnlyAde: 12:08am On Dec 01, 2007
Mamaput, my dad is Nigerian and people always ask me "Where does your dad live?" and I say "He lives here, in the US." Then they will ask "Where does your mom live?" and I'm like "um, she lives with my dad?". So many seem surprised that my parents are actually married to each other. My mom is not white, but she if very very fair, like Mariah Carey's complexion, and she has wavy/straight hair, so a lot of people think that she is a white.
Romance / Re: I Cought My Girl Friend With Voodoo by 1nOnlyAde: 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2007
Plead the BLOOD OF JESUS!
Romance / Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by 1nOnlyAde: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
Its not just 9ja girls, its everywhere! This isn't something new, it is normal. If anything, people are less eager to get married now, than in times past. Either way it goes, it is their business. If it isn't your daughter or sister or girlfriend, I don't really see why you would care. I know I don't care.
Culture / Re: Mixed Heritage Nigerians by 1nOnlyAde: 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2007
Britgirlee, thank you for taking time to respond. While I acknowledge that the definitions of 'heritage' and 'race' you have provided are accurate, I feel that the context in which they were related to my situation was a little off. Nigerian, and black american are not major divisions of mankind. I don't think that the 'major division of mankind' I fall into is any different from any other black person.

"I am correct in my description however you have contradicted your self in your poster and have shown confusion and somewhat opened up issues within yourself as determining your actual ethnic background culture etc? Opening yourself up to criticism on the site"

In response to this statement, I wish to assert that I have displayed no such confusion. If you carefully read my original post, you will see that the question I asked was aimed to find out if anyone else has had the same experience that I have had. I used phrases like 'in my experience" and "i have noticed". I never critiqued anyone, Just asked a question.

I think its funny that you are telling me to get confidence and grounding. I won't even respond to that because it is senseless to "prove" yourself to a stranger, who makes assessments about you based on what they have read in the Little Oxford Dictionary! No offense.

1 Like

Culture / Re: Mixed Heritage Nigerians by 1nOnlyAde: 2:28am On Nov 29, 2007
Britgirlee, you have made a good point. However, I don't live in a rural area. I have always lived in metropolitin areas. Its the same thing everywhere I go. I don't know if its me, maybe i am sensitive. That is why I posted this topic, to see if anyone else has the same experience. By the way, I am not really mixed race, just mixed heritage. thanks
Culture / Re: Mixed Heritage Nigerians by 1nOnlyAde: 2:24am On Nov 29, 2007
Well, kind of mixed race, but not really. My mother is a mix of mostly french and american indian with some black american and my father is Nigerian.
Culture / Mixed Heritage Nigerians by 1nOnlyAde: 1:19am On Nov 29, 2007
What is up with all the funny treatment towards people that are mixed with Nigerian and another nationality? I happen to be mixed, and all my life I have noticed the stigma surrounding bein of mixed heritage. People, even family, treat those of us who are mixed differently. In my experiences people automatically assume you don't know anything about culture, cuisine, language, history, etc.
Is there anyone else out there who has experienced this?

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.