Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,972 members, 7,890,196 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:53 AM

Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot (2018 Views)

3 Step Guide To Tying The Knot At The Ikoyi Marriage Registry... / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? / Kenyan Minister Ties The Knot With Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by klassyguy(m): 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
Why is it that most Nigerian girls have marriage up their heads. I look around and see young girls, some of them in their late teens to early 20s already hooked up by one sucker or the other. Once they finish skool, the next thing on their minds is how to get married.
Everyone knows that it is one thing to get married, and another to stay married. But it seems that our ladies of these days don't seem to understand that phenomonon. Why don't they wait till they are more matured in handling their emotions than diving blindly into a marriage? Or is it the hype of wearing a ring on their finger and the "Mrs. blah blah" thingy that's shacking them? Thank God for men. We don't have any problems.

Girls in da house, i dey expect ur answers(make i go wear kevlar first abeg. i dey come.)
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by 1nOnlyAde: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2007
Its not just 9ja girls, its everywhere! This isn't something new, it is normal. If anything, people are less eager to get married now, than in times past. Either way it goes, it is their business. If it isn't your daughter or sister or girlfriend, I don't really see why you would care. I know I don't care.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by yimiton(f): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
If you can pass through the four walls of the university and the agony of service, what more maturity do you need to get married.
For your information, intelligent guys that became graduates at 20-23 with nice jobs don't wait till they are 40 before they get married either. 24 year old guys are getting married.
Sit down there and be mooning over a girl whom you probably thot you could toy with and has gone ahead to leave you you and get married to someone more deserving.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by dankmen208(m): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2007
Ma guy No think am, No so Girl dey do, They want to be somebody's responsiblity very fast, and if u end up been their Victim(No u sabi) tongue
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by iice(f): 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2007
Na today?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by yimiton(f): 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2007
dankmen208:

Ma guy No think am, No so Girl dey do, They want to be somebody's responsiblity very fast, and if u end up been their Victim(No u sabi) tongue

Broke **s
Looser!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by iice(f): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2007
lol. . .yimiton, posters today are determined to get you to say those words tongue
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by klassyguy(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2007
@yimiton, what gives u that impression that i'm mooning over a girl that u assumed left me for someone else? Did i mention that in the topic? If u have nothing to say, please spare me the yabs okay?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by yimiton(f): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2007
iice, wink grin,
don't know what am doing spending so much time here.
They sound annoyingly juvi. The poster for eg.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by klassyguy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2007
Why u know write am big may i see? Ehn?? Coward like you!!!So if someone don vex u in one other thread, why take it out on me?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by cybersleek(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2007
I believe most naija babes have marriage hot wired into their systems from birth, because before you start dating, they are already thinking of how many kids you are going to have together! i have been in several relationships that ended on that note, and i dare say i dont regret it. Life is far more interesting than getting hitched at 23 or 24, ok if what you want is an average life, with an average job and an average wife, but for me i would rather see it all, feel it all and do it all! thats why im still a bachelor, and im not in my twenties too!, and tell you what? im loving it!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by jkpretty(f): 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2007
cybersleek:

I believe most naija babes have marriage hot wired into their systems from birth, because before you start dating, they are already thinking of how many kids you are going to have together!

In answer to dat, no right thinking girl would enter into a relationship, Only for the word "dating". I for one, if i don't see the guy i intend dating like someone i can marry, then i'll rather not think of Dating the person.

There is no how u would date someone & would not have pictured a life with the person. even if its for a second. That is only natural with girls & i assume its with everybody. The rate at the thought could differ though, from human to human. U watch movies & u put ur girl or guy in certain positions and u try to see if they would fit. That is only natural. It can only be useless if the thought is about someone u don't have.

@Topic
Its every woman's dream
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by rockiedink(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
@jkpretty
@Topic
Its every woman's dream

[size=16pt]spot on!!![/size]
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by kilasos(f): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ cybersleek
marrying early does not mean u want an average life,Some pple are lucky enough to find that special some1 early,there is nothing wrong with marrying early as far as u are matured enough.
I know some guys in their 30`s that want to have it all and living it up like you said,in most cases they usually end up worse off.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by btayo1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ Poster; Maturity should not be confused with age; there men in their thirties and forties that still behave irresponsibly, so age counts for nothing. The Age at which one gets married is first and foremost ones choice; as we are free willed humans we take that decision; this issue can only be seen on individual merits; note girls get into the relationship business alot earlier than we guys and mostly start by dating guys years older; so if a girl starting dating her now husband since she was sixteen; having finished Uni etc at 22 do you expect her to wait till she is thirty to get hitched.Hence the law permitting people above 18yrs to get married.It is a matter of choice and an Individual; some girls dont want to hear marriage at that age.

@ cybersleek If u started out to sow your wild oats @ 15 by the time you hit 26 you would probable have seen it all.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by yimiton(f): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2007
@ poster,
do you have to go around calling plp names? Can't you express yourself in a more civilized manner? embarassed
Little wonder she left you, sorry, someone else might just pick you up cry cry
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by rachiwise(f): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2007
if not becos of education(esp.in nigeria),where u spend abt 5-7yrs in the university ,ehn,many girls would have been married at the age of 20-22.why do u think our forefathers used to get married on time,food plenty and no sch to go to.but now sch,unemployment and selfishness don take control.

Even the guys u see btw 27-40yrs that are not married are not so happy abt it,na poverty/selfishness o shocked .no go dey think something else.

To d ladies out there,if u know u dont want a guy to waste ur time,once u date him 4 a long time(some ppl fit reach 15yrs sef angry) and u see that he doesnt have u in his picture for his future,abeg move oo,some guys can really be selfish beings u know.

There are always good men that r ready for marriage,just be good urself,u'll see.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by D328babe: 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
yimiton:

iice, wink grin,
don't know what am doing spending so much time here.
They sound annoyingly juvi. The poster for eg.

'cos it 's quite amusing, lol
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by ifyalways(f): 12:23am On Nov 30, 2007
why are men boys of nowdays scared of getting married ? living example poster
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by klassyguy(m): 8:17am On Nov 30, 2007
@yimiton, why don't u too set the pace of being "civilised" and post reasonable replies like other people have instead of pouring out your grief on me because someone had messed u up earlier ?

@ifyalways
I assume u are one of those ladies in question abi?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by victorian(f): 8:29am On Nov 30, 2007
getting married as quickly as possible is a mindset spell that has been cast on girls thruough their parents from the day they statrted primary school till whatever time they finally get hitched. As for me its a pity, cos its not by going through the four walls of a university or polytechnic that makes one ready emotionally , financially and otherwise about marriage; marriage is a different ball game that needs to be taken slowly but surely. No wonder divorce rates are high, and very unhappy married women and men are abound, pretending they are happy to the public, well ,its their call, as for me am not rushing into marriage, best of luck. smiley
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by bebe2007(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2007
I don't think i fall into that category of naija gals. Marriage is not on top of my list of priorities o!!! i would love to be married definately but nor be by fire or by force now!!! I nor fit suffer o! i need to take my time and arrange myself, financially, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, Socially, even physically sef. its a very big commitment and unfortunatley divorce would not be an option cuz am a catholic. So good luck to you ladies that want it by fire, by force!!! make una marry remain for us o! we dey come for back.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by bebe2007(m): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2007
@ poster

Your post is so true. I do not understand the rush myself, its like a fashion statement now in naija to say you are planning your wedding or that you are married. Even when the husband can not feed his family. Young immature babes and guys hooking up like crazy. There are so many bad marriages around today. A sleeping with B, B with C<grin<E<F. Before the guy comes to ask the girl out, she is already planning the reception venue, colors, time etc. I would advise they slow down haba!!!! My friend's marriage lasted for 4months. that was a wedding that i remember they gave the caterer 1m for food only. What a waste!!!! Marriage is for a life time why rush into it? Thank God i do not have a younger sister, no pressure from any angle. I believe its best to wait for God's time not Man's time (30-35 too late)
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by ifyalways(f): 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2007
klassyguy:

@ifyalways
I assume u are one of those ladies in question abi?

and i BELIEVE you are one of those guys abi? hisssssssssssssssssssssssss

no time is too late for marriage as long as both parties involved are matured enough to handle whatever comes out of it.thats my opinion.the fact that someone went into marriage at the age of 20 and didnt succed does not and wud never mean that you have to be above 21 before marrying.its more of an individual thing.if you are matured enough physically,emotionally,financailly and mentally ok for it go for it please.

victorian i quite disagree with you.am a girl and never for once have my parent portrayed such an attitude towards me.yes they want us to get married but they are not chasing us into it.lets check very well,we might REALLY be the ones chasing and pushing our selfs to marry. undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 30, 2007
I very much agree with the poster and bebe2007. The nigerian female mentality, priority and highest peak they can achieve in life is marriage. Thank God I wasn't raised to think like that. With a lot of issues surrounding we females in our society and in this time and age, what I hear from my friends and females alike is boyfriend, boyfriend, husband, husband from morning till night. Only one out of my friends can really connect with me on the aspect of education and things alike. She even told me that when she left Lagos to University of Nsukka, all major discussions was all about marriage. For God's sake!!! No wonder some bastard can come and rape a girl and we can only say that is life for you and nothing is done about it.

My post is not to insult anyone, but we need a voice.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by IykeD(m): 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2007
@ poster, interesting post, ride on
Some of us don't have to take it personal, we are here to learn and edify each other.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by klassyguy(m): 5:30am On Dec 01, 2007
IykeD abeg help me beg them o!!! Or could it be the part that i wrote about "being more matured at handling their emotions" that got to them?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by ifyalways(f): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2007
he cant escape it -------------------------------------- lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by onydchic(f): 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2007
totally agree with bebe. The whole rushing to marry thing never fails to surprise me. I know of girls that were sending wedding invitations days before our graduation. IT was ridiculous, cos they're all marrying men who are much older, who've gotten a chance to grow their careers and the like. These girls, no matter how much they fool themselves, will become baby making machines within a yr, and that's it. Sure they'll probably still work or further their education, but let's face it. things get a lot HARDER when there are husbands and kids involved.

I blame our society, that seems to look down upon a woman who has left school for more than a yr or 2 and is still single. Let's open our minds.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by passionwit(m): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2007
I agree with you broda with this Topic,

Na infatuation, them dey always dey very jobless to think of better things,

All they want is to become your responsibility, especially for we guys when get bright future, lol
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2007
@klassyguy, your topic is a very sensitive one though. But then you are correct in a way. Way back, about 8 years ago, i had g/f then that we dated for about 4 years, everything was fine, in fact it was a dream-of-a-relationship. we were both in uni, i was senior, when she started bugging me about when exactly we are goin to get married, me wey never finish, get job, money , to now start planning marriage? otio, that does not make sense.
I tried my best in the relationship, guess what she dumped me and found another guy about 2004, but since then, she has always been lookin miserable that sometimes out of pitty, i may even give her some money to take care of herself, i do not even know if she is in any relationship or faring.
Trust me, last month i asked her about her marriage plans, she was lookin down. I was like, well, so much for the rush. Now that i am more settled and things are lookin brighter, se now wants to associate with me again.
I doubt if that is going to be possible, do not get me wrong, i still care for her [afterall u cannot turn off and on ur emotions but u can control it], but she is the one that got hersef into trouble, and so God help her, she will get herself out of it.
This is a common story these days, it has happened to many of my friends. The other part of the story is that, they will usually fall into the hands of those who lie that they will marry them, get pregnant, u know the rest of the story.

Really girls should watch where they are going. In the end, the good-guys after having suffered such humiliation now becomes bad and so what goes around now comes around eh?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Tying The Knot by Nautillus(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2007
Story, story oh, Story(3 times) grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pretending To Love Him: Guys Be Afraid / Someone Help: ! / Help Us Understand Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.