Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,043 members, 7,925,265 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 12:52 PM

1stMobeal's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1stMobeal's Profile / 1stMobeal's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Politics / Saliu Mustapha Extols Emir Of Ilorin On 27th Anniversary by 1stMobeal: 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
The All Progressives Congress candidate in the Kwara Central Senatorial election, Mallam Saliu Mustapha, says the Emir of Ilorin, Dr. Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, during the 27 years of his reign, has fostered peaceful coexistence in Kwara state.

Mustapha, who is also the Turaki of Ilorin, said this in a congratulatory message, celebrating the monarch on the 27th anniversary of his ascension to the throne.
“Kwara State has witnessed healthy cultural dynamism, religious tolerance, and peaceful cohabitation under his benevolent reign, visionary leadership of our plural society, retaining its socio-political prominence in national affairs,” he wrote on Friday.

Speaking further, Mustapha noted that “since ascending to the esteemed throne of Shehu Alimi, he has practised and continues to live by the rule of law as an accomplished jurist with an impeccable legal career.”

He however prayed to Almighty Allah to grant the Emir more years on the throne.

1 Share

Politics / Solution-oriented Campaign: Saliu Mustapha Commences Grading Of 20 Roads by 1stMobeal: 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2022
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Senatorial Candidate in Kwara Central, Mallam Saliu Mustapha has commenced grading of rural roads in line with his solution-oriented campaign.

Saliu Mustapha is rehabilitation of some dilapidated roads across suburbs in Kwara Central through Saliu Mustapha Foundation.

Saliu Mustapha Foundation chaired by the APC Senatorial Candidate has over 10 years of impactful activities covering education, health outreach, empowerment, SMEs and community interventions across Kwara State.

A statement issued on Friday by the project supervisor, Engr. Sayi Murtala, the exercise is being done in response to the numerous requests of communities and development associations of the areas.

Murtala said that they have started by grading the road surface and also watering same to ameliorate the sufferings of the residents of the affected areas.

He noted that the project will cover over 50 kilometres of roads and over 20 communities, including, Oke Ose, Oshin, Oke Oyi, Ayetoro and Ipako obo.

“We will start with those in critical conditions, whether state or federal, with the hope of ameliorating the sufferings of the residents of the areas,” he said.

He further explained that the project will also be supported by the Kwara state government.

“The Kwara State Government, through the Ministry of Works will do further palliative works, especially watering to reduce the effect of dust and to further solidify the grounds,” Murtala stated.

Reacting to the development, a community leader in Oshin village, Jimoh Atolagbe, lauded the efforts of the foundation and the state government in ensuring that the road is motorable.

An excited Atolagbe, said, “We are grateful to Saliu Mustapha for making this happen. We have longed for this and we are glad that it is happening. He has won. We are confident that he will continue these good works after his election in 2023”.

1 Share

Politics / Saliu Mustapha's Robust Legislative Agenda For Kwara Central by 1stMobeal: 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
Jacob Oyewale

The Turaki of Ilorin and All Progressives Congress (APC) Senatorial Candidate for Kwara Central, Mallam Saliu Mustapha has continued to share his legislative vision with stakeholders ahead of campaign flag-off.

Mustapha has a full grasp of the challenges facing his constituents and opportunities that could boost the economy of Kwara Central and the state at large.

I can recall vividly that the Turaki, during a parley online media practitioners in July, highlighted how the federal government can properly harness opportunity in mining, especially in Kwara State.

He noted that mining is the fastest way of bringing development to the society, saying 'it will create jobs, lead to infrastructural development, grow small businesses and build new settlements.'

In the build up to the party's primary election, he also expressed his readiness to use legislation to address challenges facing four local government areas in Kwara Central: Ilorin West, Ilorin East, Ilorin South and Asa.

“I am thinking of how best to serve my people and help the downtrodden in the society. Islamic injunction encourages us to give back to the needy and put smiles on people’s faces. I believe political office would give me an opportunity to impact more lives positively. It will help me leverage my network to better the lots of my constituents.

“I will be doing things differently to the benefit of ALL across the four local government areas in Kwara Central Senatorial district. I will use legislation to address challenges facing our people and Nigeria as a whole," he said.

I also find it interesting that this man of BIG IMPACTS with charisma to DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY would also be redirecting his attention towards vocational training to reduce unemployment and create jobs for people of Kwara Central Senatorial district. There are vocational training institutes across the state and their impacts have not been felt. Mustapha will look into how these centres can be put to good use.

Similarly, the APC Senatorial Candidate assured his constituents of a plan to harness the economic potential in communities across the Kwara Senatorial district, when elected.

While responding to the request for the revival of the Dam in Gambari during Stakeholders engagement in October, Mustapha said he will use legislation to explore natural resources and other economic potentials in Kwara Central to create wealth, reduce unemployment and boost the state economy.

According to him, the role of the legislature is different from the Executive position but will add value to various communities through policies and legislation.

No doubt, Turaki Ngeri is ready to serve and would be adding value to Kwara Central with his achievable offers in economic, education, sports, youth development and sustainable empowerment.

In fact, Mustapha is the definition of preparation meets opportunity. He has equipped himself with skills, experience and the right political network to deliver quality representation for Kwara Central Senatorial district, when elected. Voting Saliu Mustapha in next year's poll is a sure route to the steady progress of Kwara Central.

Politics / Kwara 2023: Seriki Throws Weight Behind Turaki Of Ilorin And Gov by 1stMobeal: 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
...Formally Congratulates APC Senatorial Candidate

A stalwart of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara State, Amb Yahaya Seriki has pledged support for Senatorial ambition of Mallam Saliu Mustapha.

Yahaya Seriki disclosed this on Thursday when Saliu Mustapha visited his office in Ilorin GRA to solicit support.

He formally congratulated Saliu Mustapha on his victory at the APC Senatorial Primary election and assures him of total support during the general elections

In his address, the Turaki of Ilorin said the meeting became necessary in order to carry along Yahaya Seriki Team and other stakeholders while constituting his campaign council ahead of electioneering process for 2023 general elections.

Saliu Mustapha also promised to ensure all inclusive representation and provide sustainable empowerment for people of Kwara Central when elected.

He noted that Amb Yahaya Seriki remains a strong force in Kwara APC, despite not holding any public office.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Promise Made, Promise Delivered by 1stMobeal: 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
Photo updates of ongoing renovation works at Alanamu by a group of engineers from the Saliu Mustapha Foundation working full pace in fulfilment of the promise made my Mallam Saliu Mustapha, the Turaki of Ilorin to the victims of the Alanamu Market Fire Incidence.

1 Share

Politics / Philanthropy: The Good Example Of Saliu Mustapha, Turaki Of Ilorin by 1stMobeal: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2022
As I write, Mallam Saliu Mustapha, the Turaki of Ilorin, is on the verge of enabling the marketers at Alanamu market to return to business after a sad fire incident. He has authorized the immediate comprehensive renovation of the affected shops. This is typical of the Turaki who has since converted the act of personal generosity and philanthropy to a huge strength, and something that defines the essence of his being.

Nowadays, everyone, not just politicians, is busy and hardly have enough time to cater to other people's troubles. This is why people like Saliu Mustapha who have made 'philantropism' a habit represents a ray of hope in an increasingly dark world where everyone is constantly fixated on self.

It is even more significant to realize that the Turaki's act of freely giving to the needy did not just start because he needs people's votes; it is something that has been both a habit and a part of his character. This fact was appropriately situated by the Balogun Alanamu, Dr. Usman Abubakar Jos when he commended Saliu Mustapha for "his consistency in putting smile in people's faces beyond politics."

Those who seek to reduce Saliu Mustapha's philantrophy to a mere "money throwing" bazaar entirely missed the point. For those who were old enough in 1993, they would recall a certain M.K.O Abiola who turned personal generosity to political capital; he built mosques in the remotest part of Kano and extended his kindness to reach the ordinary man in Katsina and Nnewi. By the time elections came, Abiola reaped the fruits of his philantrophy even in the backyard of Alhaji Bashir Tofa, his opponent.

Even though it's not necessary that it is only money that is used in the act of philantrophy or even generally endearing oneself to the people; what Saliu Mustapha, like the M.K.O Abiola before him, has done is to discover where his strength lies and to press it to his advantage. He has no doubt come to the realization of what he has as a comparative advantage and using it to good effect.

The thing is, we are not always equally endowed. Sometimes, some people have more physical power than others, some are more intelligent, some have more network, some have more ideas, while some it is certificates, but in all cases everyone uses whatever he has to advantage and better position himself or herself; with some sparing a thought for humanity by touching lives with whatever God has endowed them with.

In the case of Saliu Mustapha, what he ostensibly has is the advantage of resources and the brainwork to put those resources to good effect, using it to ameliorate people's suffering (like in the case of Alanamu shop owners and others) while they in turn reward him with their love and affection.

To the extent that an intelligent man is not crucified for using his intelligence to advance his pace in life and using his God-given talents to his benefit; it would be uncharitable to crucify someone blessed with monetary resources for using it to help others and in the process advancing and better positioning himself.

Many roads, they say, lead to one's destinations, and Saliu Mustapha has chosen the path of philantrophy and benevolence to our people. All thanks, and all the best to the Turaki with a difference!

*AbdulRahman Abdulkadir T (AAT)*
*07065764513*

1 Share

Politics / Turaki Of Ilorin To Reconstruct Razed Shops At Alanamu Market by 1stMobeal: 11:29pm On Jul 29, 2022
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Senatorial candidate for Kwara Central and Turaki of Ilorin Emirate, Mallam Saliu Mustapha has directed his group of engineers to commence an immediate rehabilitation of block of shops affected by a fire incidence at Alanamu Market in Ilorin, the State capital city.

An early morning inferno on Monday razed properties worth over eight million naira.

The fire incident, according to eyewitness was noticed around 4:00 am and affected more than ten shops loaded with goods like clothes, showing machines, refrigerators, soft drinks and other materials before it was put under control by men of the state fire service.

Confirming the incident, the HOD Media and Publicity of the Fire Service Hassan Hakeem Adekunle, said there was no one in the market when the fire started, adding that it was a bike man who saw the inferno and quickly summoned the state fire service to rescue the situation.

Victims were still counting their losses on Friday when Saliu Mustapha visited the scene of the incident.

While on the sympathy visit, Saliu was conducted around the 11 shops – that were razed – by the Balogun Alanamu of Ilorin, Dr Usman Abubakar Jos, to ascertain the level of damage.

Mustapha, who was received with pump and pagentry by a mammoth crowd of supporters and enthusiasts thereafter promised comprehensive renovation of the market, which, according to him, would start the next day (Saturday).

Saliu also asked the Balogun Alanamu to raise a committee that will liaise with his foundation in order to fashion out appropriate grant for victims to bounce back and enable them to re-establish their livelihood.

For his part, the Balogun Alanamu appreciated Saliu for his swift response to the unfortunate incident.

He also commended his philanthropic gesture, saying it predates his entry into politics.

Saliu, had earlier in a statement he personally signed on Tuesday, commiserated with the Balogun and the entire people of the community over the sad event

1 Share

Politics / KWASU In Coma Because Of Abdulrazaq Government’s Irresponsibility-ASUU by 1stMobeal: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2022
Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Kwara State University (KWASU) Chapter has said the only state University is dying as a result of irresponsive and irresponsible government.

The KWASU Chapter of ASUU made this known during the NLC Nationwide protest held today in Ilorin, the state capital, where they carried banners with inscriptions indicating various huddles affecting the survival of the University.

The lecturers noted that the University is operating on zero subvention and appealed to the Kwara State Government to pay the University’s subvention.

Shehu Abdulganiyu Salau, The Chairman, ASUU, Kwara State University Chapter while addressing newsmen at the NLC Nationwide protest held today in Ilorin, the state capital said the state government must rise up and restore the university’s subvention otherwise things will be messed up.

The lecturers also added that “KWASU survive on loans from commercial banks with two digits interest rate. KWASU is dying due to irresponsive and irresponsible government.”

Speaking about the ongoing strike, Abdulganiyu said; “In KWASU, we have a peculiar situation and that’s the issue of no subvention this should point a signal to the state government, the issue of no subvention is no longer acceptable in KWASU, How did you claim you own a university without funding it? It is not longer acceptable in KWASU, they should know.”

“So we are hereby pleading with the state Government that they should find a way around and restore our subvention otherwise things will mess up. We have actually arrange for two meetings with the Governor but it all to no avail.”

“Before he assumed office we met him severally, but unfortunately now that he assume office he never wanted to see anybody again. We have written two letters but to no avail. So what we are saying is that the government should live up to expectations we can no longer be deceive, Our members are dying in KWASU on weekly basis because of stress because we have to work on Saturday we have to work Sunday to make the system revolving we don’t want the system to die because of our students.”

“So we are appealing to the Nigerian government, we are appealing to the Kwara state government to live up to exceptions, we are pleading with them let them rise up and fund educations the way it should be funded.” He concluded.

1 Share

Politics / Why I Decided To Contest Kwara Central Senate After APC Convention – ToI by 1stMobeal: 9:13am On Jul 12, 2022
The Turaki of Ilorin and Kwara Central Senatorial candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Mallam Saliu Mustapha has explained why he decided to contest to represent the people of Kwara Central at the upper legislative chamber of the National Assembly, after his failed attempt to clinch APC National Chairmanship.

Mustapha, during a media parley with the Association of Kwara state Online Media Practitioners said his decision to run for Senate was hinged on the call by his people who believed he can also add value more value to his community in a better way, if elected as a Senator.

In his words, the former Deputy National Chairman (North) of defunct Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) said “Politically, APC is my constituency. I actually wanted to be APC National Chairman because I believed I could add value in the leadership of the Party but at a point, we we were told by party leaders to step down for some other candidates. As a party man, I accepted that in good faith.”

“But immediately after the consensus at the National Convention of our Party, my people came calling that I can also add value to my immediate community as their Senator, which I gladly accepted after due consultations”, he added.

Mustapha, who acknowledged the outstanding performance of incumbent Senator Ibrahim Yahyah Oloriegbe however said posited that no one has monopoly of performance and said he believed Kwara Central deserve better representation, which he (Mustapha) is willing to deliver.

“Yes, the incumbent Senator has done excellently well, in fact, he is outstanding among the Kwara contingent. However, we can always have it better. If we think the best we have currently cannot be surpassed, it means we are in a docile community.

“I want to see how I can enhance ease of doing business, empower more people and facilitate infrastructural development. I’ll strive hard, deploy my national connections and goodwill to attract great things to the state”, he added.

Mustapha who said he is a player in the mining sector said he would leverage on his experience to see how Kwara state can properly harness opportunity in mining, noting that “mining is the fastest way of bringing development to the society, it will create jobs, lead to infrastructural development, grow small businesses and building of new settlements.”

Speaking on the outcome of the APC Primaries, Mustapha described the APC Senatorial Primary election for Kwara Central as free, fair and credible; adding his emergence as candidate is attracting many political gladiators to APC.”

He added that “This is democracy, we have to demonstrate sportsmanship. I contested Kwara Governorship in 2019, I was disqualified but I did not challenge the process. I also gave in to the consensus arrangement at APC National Convention as a party man because I don’t believe in ‘it must be me’ syndrome.”

“If an individual is the only one complaining, you should look at that individual and not his complaints. However, he is one of us. We still need him. He (Sen. Oloriegbe) has performed excellently and the records are there but we believe we deserve better.”

Politics / Saliu Mustapha Presents A New Sienna Bus To Balogun Agba Of The Ilorin Emirate by 1stMobeal: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
In the spirit of celebation, The Turaki of Ilorin, Mallam Saliu Mustapha, the APC senatorial candidate for Kwara Central in 2023, presented a new Sienna bus to Alhaji Mohammed Adebayo Aliyu, The Balogun Agba of Ilorin Emirate. The presentation was made by the Emir of Ilorin, His Royal Highness, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, at the Emir's residence in Ilorin shortly after the jummat.

Before the presentation, Mallam Saliu Mustapha, the Turaki Ngeri of the Emirate Council, had joined the Emir and other dignitaries in cutting the ribbon for the Emirate cultural gallery ahead of the Durbar festival after observing the jummat prayer.

The Emir prays for Mallam Saliu Mustapha and advise the sons and daughters of Ilorin Emirate to promote peaceful coexistence before, during, and after the Eid-Kabeer celebration.

1 Share

Politics / Ilorin Durbar 2023: Saliu Mustapha Donates N15m And A New Sienna To Committe by 1stMobeal: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2022
The founder, Saliu Mustapha Foundation, The APC Kwara Central Senatorial district flagbearer and The Turaki of Ilorin, Mallam Saliu Mustapha donates the sum of Fifteen Million Naira (#15,000,000) and a Sienna Space bus to the Durbar committee in preparation for this year Grand Durbar scheduled to hold on July 10, 2022 within the ilorin metropolis.

Engr. Yahaya Alapasanpa, The Chairman The Emirate Durbar committee airs the announcement of the donation of 15 million naira and a brand new Sienna car to ease the mobility of the committee members during the preparation exercise of the Grand Durbar during a courtesy visit of Mallam Saliu Mustapha to the committee at the Ilorin Emir's Palace.

During the courtesy visit, Mallam Saliu Mustapha expressed his appreciation to the Durbar committee for their outstanding efforts day and night towards achieving a colorful Ilorin Emirate Grand Durbar as he further expressed his love for ilorin as a community and pledges his support towards the development of Ilorin Emirate and promoting peace coexistence of our people. He however expressed his willingness and readiness to relay further assistance to the committee when needed.

Engr. Yahaya Alapasanpa appreciates The Turaki of Ilorin, Mallam Saliu Mustapha for his open arm policy to all and his sincere love and support towards sustaining and continuous showcasing of our cultural heritage and diversity. He goes by describing Mall. Saliu Mustapha as a son of the soil that has been contributing his quota towards the development of Ilorin Emirate, Kwara and Nigeria through his financial support to the needy, series of empowerment, amongst other sense of goodwill.

He then urged all other meaning stakeholders to emulate the energy of The Turaki, Mallam Saliu Mustapha through his philanthropic gestures and love for his dear Ilorin Emirate.

1 Share

Politics / Kwara: The Implications Of A Saliu Mustapha's Senatorial Ticket In 2023 by 1stMobeal: 11:33am On May 31, 2022
Last Saturday's APC senatorial primary elections in Kwara State ended on the positive for the Turaki of Ilorin, Mallam Saliu Mustapha. But his victory did not come as a surprise to keen watchers of politics within and outside the state, and this is due largely to a number of reasons which I would explain presently.

Those who could read the internal schemings within the ruling party in Kwara state vis-a-vis the personality of Saliu Mustapha and what he stands for within the Emirate traditional and social circles; it was clear like the sunlight that he was going to pick the ticket of his party almost effortlessly.

No doubt, Turaki's politics was not only different, his style and public image was something both delegates and other party members knew would confer great advantage on the APC at the General Elections. This is why it was said in some quarters that APC in Kwara needs Saliu Mustapha than Saliu Mustapha needs the party.

In any case, it was clear from the word 'go' that Turaki was going to win the ticket of the APC because, all factors considered, his challengers stand little to no chance. He is popular and real. He is generous and humble. He is truthful and dignified. So the choice for the party delegates had always been clear.

When the party leaders and stakeholders in Ilorin East endorsed his aspiration some days to the primaries, it was clear to every discerning mind that they were speaking the minds of the majority of party leaders, in and outside the local government area. Even with the potent argument for the Kwara Central Senatorial ticket to be zoned out of Ilorin West, the party stakeholders in Ilorin East especially were conscious of the need to settle for an easily marketable candidate who is not only connected with the people but who also has a history of close-knit relationship with the ordinary people who have always been his primary concern as a philanthropist and driver of empowerment interventions. So it was always a matter of presenting to the people an aspirant whose legendary generosity makes him easily their own candidate and choice.

Of course, there is always a tendency for people to seek to demean Saliu Mustapha's feat with the easy manner he clinched the APC senatorial ticket. Infact, there is already a narrative that he got the ticket because of some Abuja bargain. But that is absolute untruth and, in fact, a fallacy.

Aside his position within the community as a ranking traditional title holder, which of course confers on him great respect and admiration of community stakeholders across Kwara Central; Saliu Mustapha has taken his time to carefully warm himself into the heart of the major power broker in the State, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq.

With Turaki's unselfish attitude and projected image as a politician not given to excessive desperation, the governor, himself a gentle but tactical politician, has come to see an ally in him. With their easy dispositions to politics, Saliu Mustapha and Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq came to see a shared attribute they must explore to the benefit of their party, the APC. Having therefore warmed himself into the heart of the governor, his victory at the senatorial primaries became a faith accompli.

However, the need to back Saliu Mustapha to secure the ticket was not only a matter of liking the candidate, it was also a smart political survival tactic for the governor. Both the politics and timing of the whole thing was in favour of Turaki, and to give the ticket to another candidate would have meant that Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq was willing to swim against the political tide. This would have meant a huge risk for the governor.

Even the opposition party knew what a Turaki candidacy portends. They had hoped and prayed that an unsellable candidate, with more brawl than strategy, would emerge and as a result give them a easy ride at the General Elections. But Saliu Mustapha securing the ticket is now a game changer for the APC. With a decade long history of offering support to diverse groups and individuals in the four local government areas that make up Kwara Central; Turaki may yet emerge as one of the few politicians in Kwara who easily converts personal generosity to political capital. The people he has consistently supported over the years are waiting to repay their benefactor at the polls.

APC is, indeed, lucky to have a Saliu Mustapha on the ballot in the next election circle which is billed to be myhighly competitive and very much unlike the 2019 elections that came with early sign of absolute victory. Having been largely decimated with the exodus of its big names to Social Democratic Party (SDP), the emergence of a popular candidate like Turaki has now brighten the chance of APC at the polls and reignited the enthusiasm of party members who were becoming bewildered with the loss of almost all the big names in the party to the opposition SDP.

Saliu Mustapha has clearly reshaped the 2023 political map for APC in Kwara, and it is clear that the party has acquired a great mileage with his emergence as the candidate for Kwara Central.

Abdullahi Abdsalam Giwa, Ph'D
Political Science Department
Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State

1 Share

Politics / X-raying Saliu Mustapha's Open Endorsement By Ilorin East APC by 1stMobeal: 10:20pm On May 25, 2022
By: Abdullahi Babafila

Yesterday will go down in the history of geopolitics in Kwara Central Senatorial District as a day that reaffirms that politics has come of age in Kwara State.

With a voice so united and unshaken, party executives, elders, leaders and stakeholders rose up in unison to endorse the candidature of Mallam Saliu Mustapha, the Turaki of Ilorin Emirate, as their unity candidate for the Kwara Central Senatorial ticket in the APC.

The historic endorsement was done by the APC Local Government party Chairman, Comrade Habib Lawal at St. John Junior Secondary School, Maraba Area in the presence of almost all the executive members of the party in the local government and 11 ward chairmen with the exception of one.

The endorsement of the aspiration of Turaki from his homestead in Ilorin East is clearly a testament to the perceptive decision of Ilorin East to put its best foot forward in the 2023 election and also take its political destiny in its hands. The choice of Mallam Saliu Mustapha also shows the local government party leadership is clearly able to decide on the aspirant that best offers the chance to gain the opportunity it has always yearned for.

Having decided to go into the contest with a united front, the decision to endorse and pitch tent with Mallam Saliu Mustapha represents a desire to show direction early in the contest and give a signal to the larger party hierarchy in the senatorial district as to the desire of majority of Ilorin East APC stakeholders ahead of the primaries.

Aside the endorsement representing a clear victory for democracy judging by the collective and unified manner it was done; it also demonstrates the popular grassroot acceptance of Saliu Mustapha, something that shows greater political presence that is far beyond the nebulous media hype favoured by the other candidates in the race.

What is now left for the LGA and its stakeholders is to take the advocacy of their political aspirations to the trenches of the other local government areas. They've to meet and synergise with stakeholders from Ilorin West, Asa and their sister local government, Ilorin South, to ensure that the victory of Mustapha at the primaries and eventually at the general elections is total and unassailable.

It is also hoped that the other two contestants, particularly our brother from the same LGA with Mustapha, as as a man of peace that he is known to be, would respect the open and undisguised wishes of his party leaders in his Ilorin East local government.

No matter the amount of temptations to do otherwise by hangers-on and bootlickers, he should listen only to his inner mind and respect what is clearly a collective decision of his people.

This is congratulating the amiable Turaki and Ilorin East in advance.

Politics / Clerk KWHA Lobbies For Elongation Of Service by 1stMobeal: 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
Hajia Halimat Jummai Kperogi, the incumbent clerk Kwara State House of Assembly, had her appointment into the state civil service in the year 1986, where she has served in many capacities as a civil servant and rose to the seat of Clerk in the Kwara House of Assembly in 2009.

She will on Wednesday 29th of September 2021 due for retirement from the active service of the Kwara State Civil Service as the Clerk, Kwara State House of Assembly.

A staff of the Kwara State House of Assembly who pleaded anonymity said, she has been lobbying some members of the House, top government officials and some close allies of His Excellency, AbdulRahman AbdulRazak for the Speaker Rt Hon Yakubu Danladi to consider her elongation of service and with her connections with those at the helms of affairs in the state, there is the tendency it would be granted.

Furthermore, Hajia Kperogi has actively served our dear state and it would be good for her to retire honorably, and other speculations had it that the Speaker and the Clerk hails from the same local government and she may remain in Office till the end of 2023 with influence of the speaker.

A section in civil service act had it that "The concept/term called extension or enlongation of service is alien to the civil service in view of provisions of PSR 02809. This concept is not backed by any provision in the constitution, the service rules, guidelines and regulations or any other law, it is not known before now and should not be condoned or encouraged in the interest of the public service"

He concluded by advising the government of the day, the leadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly and the Kwara State House of Assembly Commission to desist from any act of favoritism that is capable of marring their long-hosted integrity.

1 Share

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.