Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,926 members, 7,931,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:00 PM

10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down (47910 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / When You Meet Her In Person And Realise Her IG Pix Was Photoshopped / Before You Decide To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by slap1(m): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good list. I'll be ready in 3/4 years time.
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by leke12(m): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
Like they say beauty will fade,her big yansh will shrink,her pointed boobs will slack but her attitude and intelligence last forever. I can only settle down with a responsible,resourceful and value added lady. Beware of "marriage is my ambition ladies",they are pests seeking for whom to suck dry!!!!

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by AngelicaDivine(f): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
Most important of all is that every money counts
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by stanisbaratheon: 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
Zico0:

I don't like this post and because i feel since we don't say the truth it'll be a social problem. The Nigerian society is upside down and i feel it's because we hide the truth of reality.

First, because you pray, go to church and believe in God dosen't make you the better person. The better person is that one who make things work. If you have 'americana' accent and it's real, why don't you strive for Hollywood. For example, there's aisha tyler, estelle, oshinua whatever and one other black guy in Lost, there are two black dudes in 24hrs S07 etc. Does anyone think it's impossible? Hmmn! Planes fly, don't they?

Second, In life, what matters is what good you bring. Are you a asset or liability?, ultimately, it boils down to who's hungrier; ultimately, it boils down to science: knowledge, skill and information; ultimately, meritocracy apportions opportunities: if an executive will only outsource contracts based on friendship, then he does so at his own peril.

#500 no be money! Nigerians will go into an endeavour without careful consideration of the estimates. It's past time we became civilised. In every endeavour there's a standard and if you cannot make the standard, that activity is not for you. That's why we like to beg; abeg abeg abeg. The value is not the money, the value is the good or service. What's that thing your good at or can assist others through?, you have to make it useful to another person. Adam Smith said "...man has almost constant occasion for the help of his brethen, and it is in vain to expect it from there benevolence only. He will be more likely to prevail if he can interest ther self love in his favour, and shew them that it is for their own advantage to do for him what he requires of them... Nobody but a beggar chooses to depend chiefly upon the benevolence of his fellow-citizen..."

wow you've written well. But it would have been better if you had summarized.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by ibktohmakesense: 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
love is nt all I should b looking out for according to one of ur point, so wat re those other things to b on the look out for
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Tonniey(m): 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Zico0:

I don't like this post and because i feel since we don't say the truth it'll be a social problem. The Nigerian society is upside down and i feel it's because we hide the truth of reality.

First, because you pray, go to church and believe in God dosen't make you the better person. The better person is that one who make things work. If you have 'americana' accent and it's real, why don't you strive for Hollywood. For example, there's aisha tyler, estelle, oshinua whatever and one other black guy in Lost, there are two black dudes in 24hrs S07 etc. Does anyone think it's impossible? Hmmn! Planes fly, don't they?

Second, In life, what matters is what good you bring. Are you a asset or liability?, ultimately, it boils down to who's hungrier; ultimately, it boils down to science: knowledge, skill and information; ultimately, meritocracy apportions opportunities: if an executive will only outsource contracts based on friendship, then he does so at his own peril.

#500 no be money! Nigerians will go into an endeavour without careful consideration of the estimates. It's past time we became civilised. In every endeavour there's a standard and if you cannot make the standard, that activity is not for you. That's why we like to beg; abeg abeg abeg. The value is not the money, the value is the good or service. What's that thing your good at or can assist others through?, you have to make it useful to another person. Adam Smith said "...man has almost constant occasion for the help of his brethen, and it is in vain to expect it from there benevolence only. He will be more likely to prevail if he can interest ther self love in his favour, and shew them that it is for their own advantage to do for him what he requires of them... Nobody but a beggar chooses to depend chiefly upon the benevolence of his fellow-citizen..."

Ur rite up is nothing but trash. I doubt if u can impact knowledge. Can't u see hw simple and straight forward d OP listed out his words? Try nd explain in simple terms. Life is too short to digest wot u just wrote up there.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by jnrbayano(m): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
AgapeCharis:
For the Guys...

10 THINGS YOU LL REALISE ONCE YOU DECIDE TO SETTLE
DOWN

1). #500 na money

2). Swags, looks and Americana accents don't pay bills. No more need to pretend you have money when you don't. You Have To Have It !!!

3). Love is not all and only thing to consider in choosing a wife, contrary to what we thought.

4). In life, what matters is WHO KNOWS YOU and not, WHOM YOU KNOW.

5). Nothing compares to saving good money in the bank.

6). A lady's beauty is in her brains.

7). Relax!... Having Sex would finally be a 'job' that you ll one day be running away from.

8 ) Girls are plenty but wives are scarce.

9). Acting to impress a girlfriend is as useless as the 'ueue' in 'Queue'.

10). That you need God like never before.

Wonderful thread.

I can attest to every point on this list.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by elyesh(m): 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
True love comes with commitment guys

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by shitshappen(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
Girls are plenty, but wives are scarce

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Etizz: 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
Exactly how am free right now....
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Akalia(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
I was here
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by mcfynest(m): 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2015
No more new stories ni?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Mhizizzy(f): 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nice writeup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit Us[/size]
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Euckybaby(f): 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
tayoxx:
sorry in France we don't settle down
eyaaah congrat
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Euckybaby(f): 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
Nice one @op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Okey8122(m): 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
Tabh:

It should be meant for those that believe god exists,do we all have the same belief?
Only a fool says 'there is no God'

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by LazyGod(m): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by blakky97(m): 8:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
MizAusta:
So true. Every right thinking lady ought to settle for stability. 'Cause Swags won't put food on the table or pay the bills tomorrow.
im so scared of that stuff called marriage. I always want to think of it as remote and not my concern.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by EDhims(m): 8:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
1 and 6 so on point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by castrokins(m): 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
Can't Stop Shining Teeth At Number Nine

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by PoorUgly(m): 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
Zico0:

Hmmmmm! Too much turanci!
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by bukatyne(f): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
Princecalm:
Romantic gestures automatically end.

Why?
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by centjamie(m): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
Op,u are so so right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
guess u r ready to take the leap then :-).
an aside, Seriously, they actually pay u just to post comments like on Facebook. Join me on tsū, they are sharing social revenues with all of us #tsunation https://www.tsu.co/amyamy91
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
marieolae:
best write up of the year.

*modified*

This thread finally made fp
Congrats
grin grin
I don dey front page na Godu win! cheesy

Tanks Marie smiley
Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
tha number 6 though. my trip

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by excel4us: 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
Number 8 and 10 is SURE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Will Realise Once You Decide To Settle Down by cococandy(f): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2015
Lol @number 7

They don't know cheesy

Nice thread OP

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Ways To Get A Girlfriend Without Spending Much In This Hard Times / How To Control Your Urges As A Man / Nigerian Lady Called Out For Not Being Married At 33 Replies Her Critics - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.