Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,676 members, 7,924,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 05:29 AM

Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning (7450 Views)

Policemen Push Patrol Van To Start In Lagos (Photos) / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign / A Soldier Killed This Boy In Benin City this morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:14am On Nov 29, 2008
N-landers
I'm surprise most of those expressing disgust and antics manners are not base in Nigeria. When we look at things profoundly we would find out that those peeps are criminals who excape from the country and keep spoiling the image of our belove country with their crime scene.

You all of u are dolts and dafts. Who told you hausa man is in need of a blood money? You all of u are very stupid you full the streets of Northern Nigeria with your crimes. In 1980s we dont knw Arm rubbery in northern Nigeria untill when Igbo came.

what is good to get from you idiots that turn everything into money. What is good about you that you run away from your communities  to comit crime and get money? You peaple that kills your brothers bcoz of money. You peaple the comit rituals bcoz of money.
Why cant you idiots stay in your communities must you come to north?

why cant you idiots have other thing to believe rather than money?? Who told you Jos belong to Igbo?? Who told you idiots all business in Nigeria belong to u Igbos??  is spare parts selling makes u ppl bragging. Is breakin and entering to gather money makes you to brag??

You shit idiots u better change your mind and thinking. We believe there are good ones among you. You stupid than run away better stop preaching iconoclast. Better give support to the development of ur country. The world of today is the world thats preaching unity not diversity.

My muslims and christians brothers. Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas. Entire people of Nigeria. I'm paying my condelence to you. My God bless and bless Nigeria.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by shotster50(m): 6:43am On Nov 29, 2008
Honestly, I will try and stay as neutral as possible on this issue , but the fact has to be said that nothing will justify the burning of peoples houses and shops, the killings and maimings going on in Northern Nigeria. I really dont see how the elections had anything to do with the Igbos and non Hausas. I am absolutely shocked at what is going on right now. Some people are wondering why it is that some Igbos here are more vociferous than other tribes in condemning what is happening and the truth is that the are the most affected in this and previous situations ( I am not taking nothing away from the indegenious people). The main area of this riot is in Apata which is an Igbo enclave. If that isnt proof enough I wonder what is. In as much as there are are sometimes tensions in the west, they would never ever condescend to that level of burning properties and people. Why is it that it is so easy for the so called Northern elite to cajole the poor masses into killing their fellow Nigerians Having had a history in that city since the 1930s its really sad to see that once gentle city descend into chaos.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by PastorPLC: 8:29am On Nov 29, 2008
It's laughable to see how people handle every issue.  A country you call one Nigeria, and the law of the country permits every Nigerian, no matter your tribe or religion to reside and do legal business in any part of the country you wish.  How come now someone saying that Igbos  should remain and do businesses in their communities in same one Nigeria?  If you don't want them in your states, then one Nigeria is useless.  Allow them to go.

@Quotosystem,

You like insult.  Every person must not reason the way you do.  You often insult any person whose opinion is contradictory to yours and that explains who you are.

Again, for those saying that Igbos should be taxed more than any other person - why? Try to remember that 99%of those that ruled Nigeria from 1966 todate are not Igbos.  Let those who looted what belong to Nigeria bring it out and help their people.  Those leaders made life unbearable to both Northerners and Southerners.  Both East, West and North have all suffered due to bad leadership but i feel Igbos are worst hit.  Though, common Nigerians are not the problem.  Where i lived during my one year assignment in Nigeria, we had both Igbos, Hausa Xtians and Muslims, Yorubas etc and lived like brothers and sisters.  We shared everything in common and there was love.  The problem is the leaders who often cause trouble.  In Igboland, we have a lot of good people just as we have good people in Yoruba and Hausa.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by asha80(m): 11:27am On Nov 29, 2008
@Abu-Maryan

Who told you that igbos are claiming jos?

Why would an election that had nothig to do with igbos degenerate to a situation where stalls at Apata(a igbo enclave) are burnt down?

If do not know your northern brothers ruling nigeria are the biggest criminals

"In 1980s we don't knw Arm rubbery in northern Nigeria untill when Igbo came"

As if igbos have not been living in northern nigeria before independence

a
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by Africason(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2008
Its always the third world countries or under developed countries that these sort of ethnic, religion and political violence occurs. We're our own enemies indeed!
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by sealworld(m): 12:28pm On Nov 29, 2008
asha 80:

@Abu-Maryan

Who told you that igbos are claiming jos?

Why would an election that had nothig to do with igbos degenerate to a situation where stalls at Apata(a igbo enclave) are burnt down?

If do not know your northern brothers ruling nigeria are the biggest criminals

As if igbos have not been living in northern nigeria before independence

a

@Abu-Maryan

I believe that you have never travel out of northern Nigeria and i believe that you are a privileged Almajiri and a foolish fanatic.
I advice you to visit other part of the country before concluding that the Igbos {am not Igbo} should leave your communities and see your brothers selling suya, drugs, sugar cane in a very peaceful atmosphere.

Mumu or Abu, there are people who should be telling you Northerners to leave their wealth alone (the Niger Delta) for which reason you are that privileged to write and read.

The Major problem in the Northern is that your leaders are getting richer and the masses are getting poorer with no education without which they wont be acting like cowards
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by ogazi007(m): 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2008
inquisitiv:

i am ashamed of everybody who has turned this thread into an ethnic issue, we are complaining about the leaders yet we are doing exactly what they want us to do. this riot is because of the monstrous PDP not hausa or yoruba or igbo. to hell with this tribe mentality we are displaying.  this unintelligent tribal reasoning is nuseating. this is why we cannot identify our common problem which is evil leadership because we are quick to take tribal covers. shame on us, i mean on us Nigerians, our leaders know we are ignorant tribalists so they plot their evil and leave us to kill ourselves. the irritating part being that people like us who can use the internet seem to also reason like idiots. can't you see that the problem is not with our leaders but with us, with you and me. I am so ashamed. the problem is our mentality not our leaders. to the hausas, yorubas and ibos who turned this thread to ethnic issue, hide your head in shame. you are the cause of our problems. I am tired of all this shit, what a trash. NONSENSE!

bross,u are very intelligent and straight-forward.how i wish others could be as rational in ttheir explanations as u,but its obvious most  people just want to talk,even when they would have made more sense by paying  keen attention to details.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 29, 2008
and who is that Abu-Maryam sef?

The fear of Igbo people will never leave you people.

Why will Igbo people claim Jos?

Even if they are, no be u people say na one Nigeria?

Your brothers wey de sell eleke and suya are all a happy bunch down here and people have a way of not allowing other more naturally intelligent Igbos cheat them not to talk of killing them.

Let me warn you guys again,

Onitsha and ABA people have learnt to retaliate appropriately.

Stop killing our people.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by ow11(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2008
Some dumb ass Nigerians are supporting the killing of another Nigerian because a fat geriatric PDP stalwart in Abuja decided to put his goon as LGA chairman to siphon more public funds for him!  angry angry These Northerners will always look for an opportunity to kill Igbos and other Non-Yoruba southerners because of some reason their apologists on NL have failed to point out.

When will these illiterate 'vampires' in the North stop killing regular Nigerians and go after the real enemies?

I also read an ignorant hick even say a member of a particular tribe should pay more taxes because their fellow tribesmen are doing lots of small scale businesses. If this doesn't smack of deep seated bigotry and stupidity in 'light year' proportions I don't know what is. Meanwhile Igbos do not produce any of the products they sell. Why can't these Hausa people go to China and bring goods to come and sell and stop running kiosks in Lagos and PH while they quitely entice our little girls with confectionaries from their smelly kiosks.

Another oaf had the gall to type this
As far as this bonehead is concerned, all our ex-military rulers aren't armed robbers who used guns to intimidate us and rape of treasury with impunity.It is not her fault, rather it is because she is lucky not to have contracted VVF at 11 and remain bedridden that is why we are allowed to witness such a flagrant display of idiocy.

Why would you want to restrict the rights of movement of a citizen of Nigeria within their own country as stipulated in the constitution?

Instead of arresting and locking up these miscreants and their sponsors, Gov. Jang/ CP of PL state will impose a curfew and  do nothing regarding visiting victims and compensate victims of this dastardly act!
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2008
inquisitiv:

i am ashamed of everybody who has turned this thread into an ethnic issue, we are complaining about the leaders yet we are doing exactly what they want us to do. this riot is because of the monstrous PDP not hausa or yoruba or igbo. to hell with this tribe mentality we are displaying.  this unintelligent tribal reasoning is nuseating. this is why we cannot identify our common problem which is evil leadership because we are quick to take tribal covers. shame on us, i mean on us Nigerians, our leaders know we are ignorant tribalists so they plot their evil and leave us to kill ourselves. the irritating part being that people like us who can use the internet seem to also reason like idiots. can't you see that the problem is not with our leaders but with us, with you and me. I am so ashamed. the problem is our mentality not our leaders. to the hausas, yorubas and ibos who turned this thread to ethnic issue, hide your head in shame. you are the cause of our problems. I am tired of all this shit, what a trash. NONSENSE!

Mr. man go and sit down.

Unintelligent tribal reasoning?!! by whom?

Why havent that unintelligent tribal reasoning resulted in Fulani killing hausa or yoruba killing efik people or Idoma people killing yoruba people.

You are only being a good statesman and all that because you are not on the receiving end.

Yes, lets assume its leaders that are the reason for all these. But why should one group of people be on the bitter receiving end of it any time'the leaders' plots this.

Why do other Nigerians unite themselves with igbo oppression.

And by the way,

WE ARE IGBOS NOT IBOS!!!!
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by iz2much: 1:07pm On Nov 29, 2008
Yes, Am aware
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2008
iz2much:

Yes, Am aware

aware of what?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by RibaduFan(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2008
Onye

Ur postings are irritating, they remind me of Nigeria1//.

Ur grammar is superb, but ur reasoning is whacked, very whacked and also very illogical. Am sure very soon u ll start claiming there is a global conspiracy to annihilate the Igbos cos they are cousins to the Jews.

Kindly create another thread to discuss ur paranoia and allow us address the issue at hand without further distractions.

Going by the various news report, the riot in Jos is purely political and has no ethnic or religious undertone. The aggravation started after LG elections were suspended due to delay in the supply of voting materials. The govt of the state has responded well enough by ordering a dusk to dawn curfew and also deploying mobile policement to troubled spots.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by Abagworo(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2008
I feel ashamed of Nigeria each time i hear this sad story.i knew jos as a cool,beautiful,cosmopolitan town of repute.its a pity it has gone the way of kano.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2008
@yemmyse,
dont compare me with that brother of yours --Nigeria1//

Have u seen any satellite image from me.

Again prove that i am illogical.

I havent been illogical in a very long time.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by gentlegg(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2008
Why must all ethnic/religious crisis start (or be) in the north?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by otokx(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2008
because there is so much illiteracy/religious induced poverty in the north amongst the Hausa, Fulani and those in between.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by RibaduFan(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2008
Onye

May it's just me, may am just being dim witted, but cant just see the logic in the following:

Why do other Nigerians unite themselves with igbo oppression.

Let me warn you guys again,

Onitsha and ABA people have learnt to retaliate appropriately.

Stop killing our people.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by savanaha: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2008
Why are people on here being ashamed of the ethnic talk. Nigeria is about ethnic. MOst if not all the problems in Nigeria is first ethnic and then religious. The way the Brits divided Nigeria makes not fundamental. . . hecks it makes no sense at all. Like I said before when people you don't think their lives are important are dying its easy to make moronic comments like why does everything have to be about tribe, ethnicity, the government is at fault here. O.K while that may be that the government are at fault the people being attack can retaliate on those attacking them and when a government personell steps in then they can worry about it. Um. . . the police officer that was killed is also a government official. Please think about that and stop embarrassing your self by boiling the Nigerian issue into simplified non arguments because you will embarrass yourself. If that is the only way you reason well be prepared to be called out for what you are.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2008
@yemmyse

you did not point out the illogicality in that statement.

you are not dim witted at all if not how could have even remembered the statement in the first place.

Now, employ ur wit and point out my illogicality.

If not, why not tell the mallams to stop killing our people.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by RibaduFan(m): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2008
The solution to the problem is to embark, aggressively, on the programmes that would get the North as educated as people in the south. Apparently, the government both at the Federal level and the state level are just not interested in doing this. NGOs and private indivuals shd take it upon themselves to educate these young people in the North.

Instead of our chhurches building big edificies in the south, such money shd be invested in educating the youths up north. Cant imagine an educated young man with prospects and a good future picking up arms over mundane issues such as delay in supply voting material.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2008
I live in Jos and have done so since 1995. Please would any Hausa/Muslim dominated area or state or country ever be ruled by a xtian or any other tribe? No is the answer. They wouldn't even allow you to do your business let alone run for office. They are stupid and democratic when they want to politically dominate you. Let PDP do whatever to win this Jos North. This is not how Obama won the hearts of the Americans. Allow other people in your areas to live and do business first, then you can seek favors from other places that are not originally yours. Who wants modern-day conquest?!These people always struggle for what is not theirs.

At first, I watched how it all started at Chorbe Junction Jos. We were watching when they were chanting saying they were not after Igbos but the Beroms, a tribe from Plateau State. To get there, they were passing through our side. Abeg how can you allow someone to pass through your sitting room to chase out and kill your hosts? When the protesters started smashing car windscreens which were igbo's what do you all expect? They don't exactly believe riots end on ethnic grounds. They involve religion. Yeye religion if you ask me. A lot of people were killed, maimed and housing burnt. The state capital is bleeped now, kinda will take them 10yrs to rebuilt or never.You build only to see it go in this barbaric and backward manner.Am Igbo and I didn't vote, plan not to in future but I support the Plateau people who want to redo what their great grand parents did wrong. Only that Igbo pay along side.Always being targeted or caught in the middle!
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by otokx(m): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2008
The solution to the problem is for all south people especially the igbos to return back to their homeland and develop it. Let the northerners continue to enrich their culture by looting, maiming and burning.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2008
otokx:

The solution to the problem is for all south people especially the igbos to return back to their homeland and develop it. Let the northerners continue to enrich their culture by looting, maiming and burning.

Why chant "one nigeria" then?
Why crucify anyone that has felt the pains of loosing relations over and over again for opting out "one nigeria"?
Why must Igbos be held hostage in the so called 'one nigeria'?
Why would nigerians think that Igbos should remain patriotic like other blind patriots in a situation like this?

The solution is clear; prosecute the criminals and see to the end of it or allow the Igbos have their Biafra. Unfortunately, the former has never happened and aint going to happen, so the Igbos wont have any other option than to move.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by otokx(m): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2008
Lets be serious here, more than 4 people are dead and the level of destruction is high. So after NYSC which should be modified so that all participants are sent to their own home states but different LGA. Then let them in the north stay there and we stay here and we will be one forever. NIGERIA forever; we can meet in the Federal Capital Territory sha.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2008
If you can come up with a heartless solution like this, why cant you and your brothers simply allow this hated tribe have their own state?
Whats so difficult in allowing the Igbos have a Biafran state and decree that any Igbo seen in the old nigeria be shot to death?
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by tpia: 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2008
nuzo:

Whats so difficult in allowing the Igbos have a Biafran state and decree that any Igbo seen in the old nigeria be shot to death?

@ bolded: I think you and deepzone should get married.

quotasystem can be the best man.

let me not show you my red eye this evening.
Re: Fighting Start In Jos City This Morning by onyengbu1(m): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2008
This one Nigeria thing sef!?!!

What are these Nigerians afraid of?

I never supported Biafra before but the way other ethnic groups are afraid of losing Igbo tribe to Biafra leaves me thinking that they are seeing more than I am seeing.

Maybe I will join Deepzone in this 'MASSOB' moves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Nigeria’s Population May Hit 300m, Says UNIDO / FG Targets 7% Growth With Economic Recovery Plan / Fayose’s N6.9 Billion Fraud Trial Stalled By Absence Of Trial Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.