Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,166 members, 7,884,070 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:16 PM

Human Races Differs! What's Your Take? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Human Races Differs! What's Your Take? (707 Views)

The Origin Of Human Races? / How Did The Races Originate? / How Did We Have Different Human Races According To Christianity, Islam, Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Races Differs! What's Your Take? by iwriterng(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
The idea that human beings are all the same is a faux! (my perspective). I was reading an old tribune news paper yesterday, and a column for health issues was discussing on intelligent quotient, the writer who happens to be a medical doctor floated the idea that we all have the same intellectual capability, but the variation in the level of intelligent comes in during the developmental process, he cited mode of upbringing, environmental factors and other factors such as parent's attention, as reasons why some people grow up to be brilliant, and while others grow up as a mediocre or below average individual. To a layman (with little knowledge of evolution, psychology and medical sciences), his school of thought might be appalling, but to someone like me, who believes in the evolution theory, who believe in science and it’s discovery, the idea that we’re all the same intellectually or in all respect is a false school of thought, and I believe this has gone a long way over several decades to actually damage human self esteem, and create a generation of failures, rather than generation of human beings who know their worth and live within their capability.

My stand point is that human being varies; such that a genetic code (composition) of a particular generation is capable of handling a specific task better than the previous generation, and once this generation pass this ability down to their kids, they tend to be better at it, and they also pass it on to their children too, this explains why human race from the eastern part of Africa tend to be good sport men, they have larger lungs compared to other human race; that’s just a practical example of evolution. We all have different approach to handling situations, a huge strong man might choose to resolve a particular issue with violence, because he knows (or think) he is capable of overpowering his opponent in physical combat, somebody like me, with a somewhat little physique, would never resolve to physical combat, but would rather opt for a dialogue, the more I dialogue, the better I get at it, and I would definitely raise my kids to learn how to dialogue rather than fight, on the other hand, the same cannot be said of a fairly huge man, however, this is not an example of evolution, but modification for adaptation, but the knowledge of science stipulates that, you can’t discuss evolution without adaptation, hence, it is definitely safe to assume that a fairly huge man, would give birth to a child that would grow up to be huge and probably handle issues in a violent manner (I am assuming the possibility of the wife’s gene to be recessive and not dominant). According to scientific research, every male Olympic power athlete tested carries at least one copy of 577R genotype (Genetics of Athletics performance), which means their children stand a great chance of being a better athlete than offspring of those that does not carry that gene.

I was listening to a TED TALK (for those that are not familiar with this program, it’s a show that discuss, technology, entertainment and different ideas that worth spreading, you should check it out too) by Juan Enriquez; a renowned scientist in the field of genetics and human evolution, he had a valid school of thought on how slight evolutionary difference might be between a race, in fact it is so meager to the extent of negligence, but accumulation of this slight difference over several decades would result into an entirely different race, (According to the philosophy of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin; There are decades where nothing happens… and there are weeks when decade happens) citing the variation between homo sapiens and the Neanders to be as little as 0.04%, meaning the major difference between homo sapiens and Neanders is less than 1% based on research result of Swante Paabo. What to learn from this is the fact that, your kid might be a different specie of your race, with every tendency of being better, more intelligent and faster than you, evolution is everywhere, difference in human race manifest in a very little way, and it takes a keen observer to notice the difference between offspring and the parent.

In most of my discussion with intellects about evolution and differences between this generation of human race, I discovered that the idea of difference contradicts religious believe and social ethics, religious people believe the probability of evolution to be non-existence, it contradicts the teaching of the bible, however a closer look into the scripture would corroborate my claim on differences between race, take for instance the tribes of Israel, according to biblical history, there is a particular clan in the tribe of Judah, called Issachar, it is accorded to this clan that they’re men of time and season, they’re intelligent and understand season and time better than any other tribe of Israel. This supports evolution and individual differences, because other clan lack this trait, in this same clan, we have the Ephraim, who are great soldiers, compared to others, I am not a very religious individual, which means it might be very difficult to support my claims with numerous biblical references.

I decided to write on this issue, because it is affecting the current human generation negatively, let’s say we’re all the same, we all have the same intellectual capability, then the same expectation of success or failure would be upon every race, no race is allowed to lag behind, no race should even look up to another for help, this however is practically impossible, judging from the current wide difference between the somewhat civilized white race and the black race. Early scientist knew we had differences; that a race is particularly well equipped than the other, but the idea translated into what we call racism this current age, they had to float the idea of an equal race due to the issue of racism and “second class species” debate, however, I think the idea of an equal human race is long overdue, and we should start focusing on where the strength of each race lies and maximize it in a way necessary for our survival in this generation and the coming one. Without equivocation, I strongly believe that the white race is well equipped to survive in this generation than the black race, this does not necessarily means the black race is a liability or a passive member of the cycle, in fact, the inability of the black race to live up to expectation in this generation is as a result of the previous generation failure, they failed to discover their strength and maximize it towards adaptation, but rather, they swam in the idea of equal race with equal capability, they strive to “compete”, “fit-in” with the white race but ended up as a failure and that explains the current difference is this generation.

My conclusion is this, let every race develop her strength and rely on it for its adaptation, rather than trying to fit-in or compete with other race. Do you think we’re the same or different?
Re: Human Races Differs! What's Your Take? by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 28, 2014
Why're nairaland threads always long-winded, them swear for this site?! Please include a summary of points after the post casual readers can skim through.

I don't know any mental differences between races but I know physical ones exist; mostly in fat distribution, bone and muscle density and limb length. All races aren't built the same but're born conditioned well for their indigenous environment(s).

As for mental differences educational standards've shown all races can compete equally in mental tasks; all the individual needs is motivation. Any journal or study that proposes IQ differences amongst races is mostly bias or racist to begin with.
Re: Human Races Differs! What's Your Take? by iwriterng(m): 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
charix:
Why're nairaland threads always long-winded, them swear for this site?! Please include a summary of points after the post casual readers can skim through.

I don't know any mental differences between races but I know physical ones exist; mostly in fat distribution, bone and muscle density and limb length. All races aren't built the same but're born conditioned well for their indigenous environment(s).

As for mental differences educational standards've shown all races can compete equally in mental tasks; all the individual needs is motivation. Any journal or study that proposes IQ differences amongst races is mostly bias or racist to begin with.

I strongly believe that human race differs intellectually, take for instance the ratio of autistic children in the united states compared to that of Nigeria, you would realize that Americans brain can be said to be evolving faster than ours. Putting into consideration the fact that, autistic savant are far more intelligent.
Re: Human Races Differs! What's Your Take? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 28, 2014
iwriterng:

I need modern day unbiased studies to support your assumption.

In top positions around the world there are people of all races same as in top educational positions in Ivy-league institutions. You hardly see celebrations of other-raced achievers in international media because they've a white-superiorist view to uphold and doing otherwise would dent the image of a Messianic whiteman who solves the world's problems.

I repeat again; races do not differ intellectually as evolution shows only the strongest (not the smartest) thrive in harsh environments.

(1) (Reply)

War In Nairaland Religion Section / The Three Men (angels?) THAT Appeared To Abraham!! / What's Is Your Favourite Quote(s) and verse(s) From The Holy Book?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.