Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,057 members, 7,899,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 07:11 PM

Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque (43254 Views)

Ogun Pastor Prays Recharge Card Into His Church Members Phone / Pastor Adeboye Prays For The Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi At His Palace (photos) / SA Pastor Prays Snake Spirit Into Members, Then Sends Them To Nigeria - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by buzor4real: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
darediamond:

They are both darkness bro.
Catholic church was estblish to persucute the True Christians of first century and when they see that they are failing despite the harsh methods like throwing The True Christians in Lions Den etc., they resorted to setting up Islam to kick against them effectively.
They selected muahammed for there future operations. They trained him from childhood. He was trained to destroyed mainly Christians and Jews and other "unbelievers".
If you call muahmmed a terrorist, I will say he is a decorted puppet terrorist.
The real terrorist are the Catholics who trained him.
You need to read widely and deeply the History of Catholic and how and why it was ACTUALLY established.
No need of calling me names. Just do your own research and you will know the truth.
brother may God help you. please keep quiet if u don't knw what to say
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by adepiero: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
holatin:

and to Christian
To Christians as far as I know (Jesus, Mary, Holy Trinity, amongst others)
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Maamin(m): 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Again, you don't know what you are doing, do you?

Again you are the one that does not know what you are doing do you?
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by An2elect2(f): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
onihaxy:
One thing I still don't understand is that. Is someone actually paying you people salaries for all these "E-religious" hullabaloo and fights?. I am convinced of the E-political warriors that their E-party chairmen be it APC or PDP pays them., but who pays for religion fights?. Abeg make una stop all this nonsense and stick to whatever you believed in.

Genuine Christians have a reward that is far greater.

Blessed are those that have eyes and can see! smiley smiley wink
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by darediamond(m): 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
buzor4real:
brother may God help you. please keep quiet if u don't knw what to say
People like you are used for diabolic spiritual sacrifice for you will always tune yourself to foolishness when knowledge and wisdom is calling.
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by adepiero: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
An2elect2:

Lol you had to ask? well they are not. Their whole belief system is at variance with the scriptures.
Christians place their faith on the Lord Jesus from the beginning to the end, Catholics place their faith in their organised institution the term 'the church'.
Primary difference.
What about Scripture Union(SU) and a particular white garment church(C&S but am not sure) that uses both Bible and Quran in its teaching. are they Christians too?
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Maamin(m): 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

He is the vicar of christ. smiley

Sure! know dispute about that..Jesus knows those that are his. undecided
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by holatin(m): 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
To Christians as far as I know (Jesus, Mary, Holy Trinity, amongst others)
real Christian believe in God and Jesus as prophet.
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by manutdadex(m): 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
henryutd:
He represents himself there and no other person. That shows he can as well bow in the shrine because of peace.

You are on your own Mr. Francis
this pope is nt extreme in any way! If bowin in mosque,shrines will bring peace to d world, let him afterall Jesus is the prince of peace! Peace even in d face of attack
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by An2elect2(f): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
What about Scripture Union(SU) and a particular white garment church(C&S but am not sure) that uses both Bible and Quran in its teaching. are they Christians too?

They are not. There is no relationship between Light and darkness.
The scriptures are God-breathed, the quran is man made. And did i say their teachings are contradictory?
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by An2elect2(f): 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
manutdadex:
this pope is nt extreme in any way! If bowin in mosque,shrines will bring peace to d world, let him afterall Jesus is the prince of peace! Peace even in d face of attack

False peace you are preaching there my friend.

The truth is divisive. Its likened to a sword in the scriptures.

Remember Christ when He said He has not come to make peace in this world but has come come with a sword to cause division between mother and daughter in-law,etc? that's exactly what is been fulfilled.

Blessed are those that have eyes and can seesmiley smiley wink
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by adepiero: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
holatin:

real Christian believe in God and Jesus as prophet.
Brother, I love this your comment!

But how many Christians, (Real or mere followers) can tell the difference between "God & Jesus"?

most Christians I've seen contradict and confuse themselves with the two. The question I keep asking my friends in the christiandom is "where in the bible did Jesus say he is God?" undecided
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by holatin(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
Brother, I love this your comment!

But how many Christians, (Real or mere followers) can tell the difference between "God & Jesus"?

most Christians I've seen contradict and confuse themselves with the two. The question I keep asking my friends in the christiandom is "where in the bible did Jesus say he is God?" undecided
true word.
salaam aleikum

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by rckdude: 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
paxonel:

exactly, the pope is not representing anybody's opinion, but what he want is justice to all mankind, irrespective of their sexual orientation.
don't equate insurgency and hitler's atrocities to human's sexuality, it does not follow.
i mean, insurgency and killings have negative impact to other people.
if your neighbors are practising homosexuality inside their house, how does it affect you negatively?
let those who want to eat snake meat eat their snake meat as much as you want to eat cow meat.
if snake meat kills them, then it is their choice, it will not affect you

Alright, I understand your point. Well all am saying is that homosexuality is not right in the sight of God. If u masturbate in ur room, it neither affects the society but I know God doesn't accept such act.

Back to the topic, its wrong for the pope to enter a mosque all in the name of peace. Except you also believe we serve the same God and we probably have different opinions as regards this.
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Gregzee: 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hirami Ahmet Pasha Mosque (Turkish: Hırami Ahmet Paşa Mescidi) is a former Eastern Orthodox church converted into a mosque by the Ottomans. The small church, one among the 36 dedicated to Saint John the Baptist in Constantinople, was part of a monastery bearing the same name.[1] Its full name was Saint John the Forerunner by-the-Dome (Greek: Ἃγιος Ἰωάννης ὁ Πρόδρομος ἐν τῷ Τρούλλῳ, Hagios Ioannis ho Prodromos en tō Trullō). It is the smallest Byzantine church of Constantinople still extant and has never been studied.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirami_Ahmet_Pasha_Mosque
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Maamin(m): 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
drnoel:

.....illiteracy is a disease.....

What is this one saying sef? undecided
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by lexluthur007(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
tartar9:
may Allah(SA) guide him to Islam.cant wait for when the flag of the Caliphate flies over st.peters basillica.
u dey craze
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by IboBoyNuel(m): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
I'm not a Catholic, but i like this pope. Very humble.
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by adepiero: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
An2elect2:

They are not. There is no relationship between Light and darkness.
The scriptures are God-breathed, the quran is man made. And did i say their teachings are contradictory?
@bolded where in history or in the bible did you learn that the bible was God-breathed? is it not peter and the other apostles that compiled the bible! and funny enough we have revised edition of the bible in this present day and people are saying the original script is different but lost!

The Quran was revealed to Only Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) by angel Jibril (Gabriel) and prophet Mohammed in turn recited it to his followers and the same practice is being carried out till this very day to avoid falsification of the book.
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Maamin(m): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
ENDTIMES:

Everything about it is SPECIAL, it depicts TOLERANCE, RESPECT, PEACE and above all LOVE, the cardinal principles upon which any religion should thrive.

Nothing more, nothing less!!!

Peace be still my friend before you spill your gut...you think this muslim goonz know peace,tolerance,respect,love?...even within themselves all this is lacking. angry
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by MarieSucre(f): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
DaBullIT:

Every child is born atheist , parents then force religion. Try to be open minded and read more , those who wrote Thiers 600 years later weren't trying to overtake the bible , I believe it has an element of truth especially because different in languages all the stories of creation are similar
Dear. that i'm trying to be but that gentleman is trying to use illogical reasoning. here's what i mean, "we worship the same god-- proof -- my book says what your book says... in some few instances... lets just ignore the fact that our gods seem to be saying different things the other half of the time"
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Maamin(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
Kassidy90:
Good one Pope, what many religion fanatics dnt know is that if Allah himself wants us to be of one religion he would have made it so... Am a muslim n i also respect oher people's choice of religion, i won't see anything wrong with your religion or believe if you dnt see anytin wrong with mine....Ma sallam

Keep quiet joor..if you cant enter any church and praise and worship the way Christians do..stop that hypocrisy ok angry
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by adepiero: 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
holatin:

true word.
salaam aleikum
Walaikum Salam waramatullah wabarakaatu smiley

May the peace and blessings of Allah be with you
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by paxonel(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
rckdude:

Alright, I understand your point. Well all am saying is that homosexuality is not right in the sight of God. If u masturbate in ur room, it neither affects the society but I know God doesn't accept such act.

Back to the topic, its wrong for the pope to enter a mosque all in the name of peace. Except you also believe we serve the same God and we probably have different opinions as regards this.
pope going into mosque does not change anything.
a Muslim going into church does not change the fact that he remains a Muslim
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Maamin(m): 3:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pennyways:
stop 2 mumu 4 dis nairaland

Pls what is mumu?..come again I cant hear you from down there. kiss
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Maamin(m): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
inteli:

Very mature reply. you have distinguish urself from kids.

wink
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Maamin(m): 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
sanerugwei:

Question is when will Ayatollahs or sultan go an worship in a Catholic church? Or is tolerance and peace only a one way track from catholics to mohammedans?

Gbam!..but they pretend they solicit for peace too..double standard set of human beings..i will take their peace talk serious when this happens.
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Maamin(m): 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
iconize:

This is how the killings start. Lol!

Boko haram has created a caliphate in Northern Nigeria, how are you enjoying it?

Bwahahaha.. grin grin this got me cracking
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by adepiero: 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Kassidy90:
Good one Pope, what many religion fanatics dnt know is that if Allah himself wants us to be of one religion he would have made it so... Am a muslim n i also respect oher people's choice of religion, i won't see anything wrong with your religion or believe if you dnt see anytin wrong with mine....Ma sallam
@stroked comment. Please brother, do not ever make this mistake again! Allah is not a man. when next you write the word please don't include any gender words to support it.

BTW, this is what you are trying to say;
suratul Al-Qarfuroon [Quran 109 1 - 6]
Say: O unbelievers!
I do not serve that which you serve,
Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:
Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.

Bi Salam smiley
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by rckdude: 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
paxonel:

pope going into mosque does not change anything.
a Muslim going into church does not change the fact that he remains a Muslim

OK let me ask u this, how would u react if u saw ur Priest/Pastor/Reverend father in a "babalawo's" shrine bowing to its idol.
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by An2elect2(f): 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
@bolded where in history or in the bible did you learn that the bible was God-breathed? is it not peter and the other apostles that compiled the bible! and funny enough we have revised edition of the bible in this present day and people are saying the original script is different but lost!

The Quran was revealed to Only Prophet Mohammed (S.A.W) by angel Jibril (Gabriel) and prophet Mohammed in turn recited it to his followers and the same practice is being carried out till this very day to avoid falsification of the book.

2Peter 1:21 " For the prophecy came not in the old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

'...people are saying the original script is different but lost' bla bla bla. Why didn't you ask them to provide you with the original and how they 'found out' it was different?

Lol pls stop yarning dust. Nobody with a sound mind will abandon truth for lies.

Don't tell me anything about your satanic religion and that confused 'cookery' you people call quran.
Re: Pope Francis Prays In Istanbul's Blue Mosque by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Yes, he is a good man.

The Pope is a man after my own heart.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Graham Chukwunoso Jacobs In Sex Scandal With Church Member -TheBreakingTimes.com / COZA Church Gifts Widows Materials (Photos) / January 27th Keeps Ringing Bells In My Head – Prophet Emmanuel Omale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.