Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,889 members, 7,976,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 04:31 AM

Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison (1033 Views)

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections / Tambuwal: Court Summons Mua’zu, Adoke,ihedioha, IGP, Others / Ihejirika Fires Back, Calls Nasir El-rufai A "Boko Haram Commander" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by BERNIMOORE: 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
cc
Ngwakwe and Moderators

Misleading Topic on the thread below

Tambuwal Receives Court Backing To Send Inspector General OF Police To Prison

https://www.nairaland.com/2022575/tambuwal-receives-court-backing-send

but the link relied on and quoted on same thread is this link http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=93177 which put the topic as

Tambuwal: Court backs bid to commit IGP to prison

but on nairaland it takes another dimension as the topic was twisted far beyond its real meaning which i can see that the mods here are not keeping up with the implication of posts made on nairaland

when Justice Ahmed Mo­hammed specifically directed the Speaker to put the IGP on notice to come and show cause why he should not be committed to prison.

Justice Ahmed Mo­hammed is simply 'imforming the speaker of correcting loopholes' of failing to serve such notice to to IG as it can hurt the speakers case, it is a normal thing that plaintiffs go to court without properly serving their defendants and their cases riduled with exegical holes and later withdraw the cases and wastes time, this can be seen when on the 17th Nov the speaker withdrew his case against IGP and the case was strucked out of court because of loopholes which the speaker(Tambuwal) went to amend, even though up till now the court has not directed IGP to restore the security of the speaker! and maintaining status quo is to the extent of 'courts pronouncement and directives on the issue'

to ge t the real picture of what happened in the court on 28th we have to look into what the judge really says, the court pleadings deposed to by Tambuwal and the suit itself; http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/jonathan-still-recognise-speaker-tambuwal-tells-court/

The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, yesterday, refused to summon the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Suleiman Abba to appear before it in person to explain why he ordered his men to deny the Speaker ‎of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, access into the premises of the National Assembly.
Tambuwal and the All Progressives Congress, APC, had in an ex-parte application they filed yesterday, urged the court to compel the IGP to appear and show cause why he should not be committed to prison for contempt of the order the court made on November 7, directing all the parties to maintain status quo.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by MuguliciousMUGU: 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
What a confused set of misleading leaders of yesterday.
Re: Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by holatin(m): 9:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
Who is deceiving who
Re: Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by Mogidi: 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
holatin:
Who is deceiving who

I think you're being deceived by those who know you lack comprehension skills.

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by chaberry(m): 9:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ok
Re: Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mogidi:

Bros easy on am na...

You know common sense is not common. grin

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by holatin(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mogidi:

Deceived I think you that follow and believe any news you read is the one To be called a deceived blind man
Re: Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by chimerase2: 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hope the mods re nw aware of the development undecided

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
The ways different false news and pictures are reaching front page eh odikwa egwu

Check my signature
Re: Tambuwal; Court 'DID NOT' Back Calls To Send I.G Of Police To Prison by BERNIMOORE: 9:51am On Dec 01, 2014
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on the 28th Nov 2014 refused to summon the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Suleiman Abba to appear before it in person to explain why he ordered his men to deny the Speaker ‎of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, access into the premises of the National Assembly

Tambuwal and the All Progressives Congress, APC, had in an ex-parte application they filed yesterday, urged the court to compel the IGP to appear and show cause why he should not be committed to prison for contempt of the order the court

However the IGP had replied the court in his counter affidavit after which Tambuwal withrew the suit against the IGP and the suit struck out on the 17th nov.

There was no court order directing the IGP to restore Tambuwal security till now, although the court recognises Mr Tambuwal as speaker 'is conditional' and because it had not specifically directed the IGP to restore Tambuwal security 'pending the determination of the suit' the defendants had earlier argued that the court lack jurisdiction to make pronouncement of such, of which Tambuwal later withrew the suit on 17th november 2014. and so bringing another motion that is weak again like the one strucked out to compel the IGP shows that Mr Tambuwal is trying to abuse court processes and play to the gallery by trying to win accolades from supporters rather than doing the right thing

Mr Tambuwal chose the word 'commit to jail' or 'prison' to embarrass the IGP even though Tambuwal knew that the court has gradual process of convicting victims, finding a victim guilty, evidences and arguments entertained on both sides before a jail term is reached and even appeal is another option that makes the task more difficult because the victim might win or lose the appeal which will take long process

Mr Tambuwal knew that that the defendants lawyers will raise the jurisdiction issue here, of which the court is yet to address and it lacks the capacity in this particular case to commit the IGP except the judge is part of the plaintiffs and wanted to joke with his career but as it is now, the judge has to work within the boudaries and confines of the law, and not try to give in to emotions
http://tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/21832-court-strikes-out-tambuwal-s-suit-against-agf-igp/21832-court-strikes-out-tambuwal-s-s

(1) (Reply)

Rivers 2015:wike Choose Woman As Deputy In Rivers State / None Of My Daughters Is Married To Ibo / Police Confirm Attack On APC Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.