Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,264 members, 7,887,768 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:32 PM

APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. (35351 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by dridowu: 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
JOETYNO:

T.A ORJI. Abia State wink
T A Orji ? No story, make i keep shut
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by kalamayat: 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
newguy1:
Are these apc people serious sha less than sixty days to election and we still don't know who they think is best for Nigeria among them. All this just confirm it to me that they are only after beat pdp. That is there end goal.

I thought i am the only one that notice this moves by the APC, no manifesto, not even a detailed programmes on how and when they will actualise their manifesto if elected.

From the way events are unfolding in the APC, i foresee an implosion within the party before the general election.

Atiku will never settle for a Buhari as the flag bearer of APC.

2 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by juman(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
Obasanjo is a pdp man.

Also is a person that hates common man. Is an insincere old cargo.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Gboliwe: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
Just out of curiosity ooo, is it a taboo or rather, will it be a taboo if Fashola is fielded as the APC flag-bearer?

With one mouth these noisemakers talk about selfishness, corruption, bigotry, traibalism, religious affiliation, echetaram-echetaram, then attribute it all to the PDP and remain saints but we see a man who according to online media is diligent in his work and is doing well and yet will deprive him of a greater glory. APC why? Why?

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Desola(f): 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=Kutunban post=28500719][/quote]

Where in that nonsensical write up does it say that Fashola has been disqualified? More so who is this faceless and nameless APC member that made the fabricated comment? Even if this were true, do you think APC would be so stup1d to show you dunderheads it's hand in this game?

APC is testing the acceptability of a Muslim-Muslim ticket in the southwest and from all indications, the Yoruba people careless even if it's Mohammed/Mohammed so APC knows the winning formula. Ibos' view on this matter does not count because we are not counting on your support!

6 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by JOETYNO: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
dridowu:
T A Orji ? No story, make i keep shut

hahaha. Just jokin O.

Willie Obiano(Anambra) na my Gov.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by nduchucks: 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Unknown Source: A highly placed source in the party, who spoke with our correspondent on condition of anonymity in Abuja on Sunday, said that Fashola’s religion had ruled him out of the race.

This was the same anonymous source who told them that Sanusi was not made the Emir of Kano. We all remember how PDP sent a congratulatory letter to the prince who was not made the Emir.

The truth of the matter is, every sane Nigerian is ready for a change, any change but the continuation of the dummy as President of this great country.

3 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by mrmetoo1: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
APC needs to seriously reconsider this! They don't need to feel pressured by folks that won't vote for them anyway. The ticket will look more attractive to me with Fashola on it.

4 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Adminisher: 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
mrmetoo1:
APC needs to seriously reconsider this! They don't need to feel pressured by folks that won't vote for them anyway. The ticket will look more attractive to me with Fashola on it.

Probably not informed by voting or not voting but out of sheer respect for both religions. Sometimes there is no other choice.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Dannyset(m): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
adewex:
Only a Muslim can be the SUG president in The Polytechnic Ibadan, you must be a strong person if you are not a Muslim and want to be the president of any association on campus. that's the truth

Its because we Christian has seen politics(governance) as something evil and ungodly. And I pity us. If we don't participate in politics(governance), that thing we are avoiding will come back to rule us. Its high time we stood up and get involve.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by segunaremu6gma: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
south west is not religious....u must be out of your senses .......... When 90% of party officials are Muslim and you are considering a Muslim / Muslim candidate in a volatile environment like Nigeria where Christians are slaughtered in a daily bases in the North even with a Christian President ..... and you think you will stand a chance....Fashola has done exceptional well...but for me ...to run has the Vice President is a waste of his potentials....in a country where the VPs have no defined work or constitutional duty except when the president is incapacitated.... Nigeria has a country is not prepared for a Muslim / Muslim candidate .....we av not reached dat level yet...just like we have not left zoning too.....so APC in its best interest should ditch dat plan else...they have lost before the die is cast....God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
patrickmuf:
Some peeps here are novice in this game...
Pick Fashola, they'll complain of marginalization citing Obasanjo's 8yrs at the helm of affairs...
Pick Atiku, they'll complain of corruption...
Pick Buhari, they'll cite his age as well as talk trash about his person...
I see a few rascals shouting Rochas for VP as if they'll vote for him if chosen...
This people are novice, tribalist, religious bigot and so much worse...They're here acting as if they give a hoot about whosoever emerges APC flag bearer but in the real sense they here whipping up sentiments against just about everything...
If you must appeal to the sentiment of undecided voters, do so within the confines of the rules bordering fairness...

10000000000 likes. The people you see hear shouting Fashola and pretending to be advocating for him would actually be the first to whine again if APC should field him as their presidential candidate that a Yoruba man just ruled. They would campaign against him with vigour along tribal sentiments and would not vote for him.
@topic...I'm with APC on this. They should field a xtian candidate as the VC, at least this should force the religious bigots/extremists we have in the SW to vote for APC. the liberal ones would vote irrespective of religious background. Fashola would surely have his time perhaps in 2019.
Damn Religion!
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
segunaremu6gma:
south west is not religious....u must be out of your senses .......... When 90% of party officials are Muslim and you are considering a Muslim / Muslim candidate in a volatile environment like Nigeria where Christians are slaughtered in a daily bases in the North even with a Christian President ..... and you think you will stand a chance....Fashola has done exceptional well...but for me ...to run has the Vice President is a waste of his potentials....in a country where the VPs have no defined work or constitutional duty except when the president is incapacitated.... Nigeria has a country is not prepared for a Muslim / Muslim candidate .....we av not reached dat level yet...just like we have not left zoning too.....so APC in its best interest should ditch dat plan else...they have lost before the die is cast....God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Thank you
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by viczing(m): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

There are so many, but the question is will they also bring in more votes. Election is a game of numbers. With PDP rigging, use of force, fat wallet and more, APC will need all the votes possible to even secure a slim victory.

So there is only one attempt at getting it right. Apart from APC party campaign efforts, one team that can attract most votes in today's Nigeria, is a Buhari/Fashola Ticket.

All it is a fact that anyone who tell you he will not vote APC because they presented a Muslim/Muslim ticket, has already made up their mind not to vote APC, irrespective of the eventual candidate.

Jonathan already has the sympathy, sentiments, greed and selfish voters. To win,
APC need to target those who will vote for patriotism, competence, vision, independence, diligence, growth, development, etc.

Who are they? Mention them. Cos they must be from south west
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by AHOY147: 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

Tell us your State Governor, let us see if he is better or as good as Fashola? Mine is Chime and am happy with what he has done.
How much were you paid for this campaign? Igbo west, keep on sabotaging your brothers but remember you won't remain in Lag forever. Ala bu ofu
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by BRAV0O(m): 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
egift:
Those who will not vote a Buhari/Fashola because it it a Muslim/Muslim ticket will also NEVER vote APC no matter who are the candidates.

APC should be wary of playing a weaker team in an attempt to please PDP members who will never vote APC. No matter who APC put up as candidates, this group of People will look for any possible lie to demonize them.

Nigerians want to send the Zoologist home, APC will make it easier by presenting the best.

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Rexyl(m): 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
Why can't they give Fasola the presidential slot and work on either buhari, atiku or kwakwaso to be his vice? It is like the people that worked seriously to make the merger a huge success are now to be given conductor roles in the acclaimed vehicle of the progressives.

2 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
The truth is we SW (osun) aint religion sentimental
But we cherished our religion
I don't know what aregbe was thinking then
When he tried to introduce hijab for all public students in the state
Christian vehemently kicked against the decision
Xo don't always make decisions anyhow
Muslim/muslim ticket might nt work
These pple know what's going on ground which really matters Nt online-based decision that most of u guys are making
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Mattex001(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:

NOTHING!

Absolutely nothing. Just media noises and fabrications.

They just refused to think right.
senseless talk, i dont think you have eva been to lagos lateli, all my life ave been in this town n i can point out several things this man has done. U dont have to talk if you dont have facts. Better give that man ur vote if u want change in nigeria.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Firefire(m): 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mattex001:
senseless talk, i dont think you have eva been to lagos lateli, all my life ave been in this town n i can point out several things this man has done. U dont have to talk if you dont have facts. Better give that man ur vote if u want change in nigeria.

Funny brother...

u better shine your eyes shocked shocked shocked :oand not be deceive by APC media propaganda
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Ovamboland(m): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2014
flyingdutchman:
Fashola should even be the flag bearer, deputized by Oshiomole or vice-versa. Buhari has a bigger role to play as a King maker and in APC. Everyone has a role. Being flag bearer all the time SMH. We need quality opposition to give PDP a run for their money.

You people romanticizing about this type of combination talk as if you are ignorant about the fault lines of Nigeria. Fasola and Oshiomole both from the south and specifically from the old West will be very difficult to sell to some people.
In some instances you just need to align with certain interest to achieve a common goal, America and Western Europe had to hold their nose to collaborate with communist USSR to defeat Hitler who had run amok. Even though one of the sworn objectives of Communism is to wipe out capitalism. After the victory over fascism the cold war them commenced between communism and capitalism and we know the ultimate winner.

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by juman(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
Fashola is a goooooood administrator, anytime anyday.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Say only what you know.

I'm saying exactly what everybody who is informed knows. this is FACT
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by malawian2: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

When I posted my comment.... I did it without insulting you or anyone....you also can make comment without getting aggressive.
omo ilungun, this your pacifist stance is unbecomming of you. you are a tiger, come out fighting.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
malawian2:

omo ilungun, this your pacifist stance is unbecomming of you. you are a tiger, come out fighting.

I should fight with who? undecided
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Muscomide: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
mrmetoo1:

Good analysis. The fact is that a lot of folks from the SE and SS are already predisposed to keeping the clueless one in power, come what may. In my opinion, the APC should focus on electoral votes from the NW, NE, NC, Middle Belt and SW. The votes from these zones should get a Buhari/Fashola ticket into Aso Rock next year.

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by bobbylegend(m): 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
Firefire:

NOTHING!

Absolutely nothing. Just media noises and fabrications.

They just refused to think right.
[quote][/quote]

Lol! I so love ur response.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by malawian2: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

I should fight with who? undecided
you just dey pacify everybodi.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Muscomide: 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

1. Buhari is far a better leader than Jonathan. From integrity, will-power, firm handle on issues, ability to work with others, etc. Looking at the massive corruption clogging the wheel of development in Nigeria - if it boils down to GEJ vs Buhari, the choice is very clear.

2. Buhari is not behind Boko Haram. Apart from the lies corrupt politicians and their agents are promoting, you have no single thing to accuse Buhari.

3. I have never changed in my support for Chime, Buhari, Fashola and other Nigerians who have worked hard in the positions they found themselves. I have not as well hide my disapproval for Jonathan's failures, looting, affinity for corruption, clueless policies, weakness, impunity, lack of control over those that work under him, pretense to the plights of Nigerians, etc.

4. While it is not impossible for people to get paid doing PR jobs, me like millions of other Nigerians are supporting Buhari because if Nigeria is working, we all as a nation will be fine without IM, man-know-man degenerative tendencies that has characterized Jonathan's administration.

Finally, I have nothing against President Jonathan, he remain my Presido -BUT- I do not support his Stealing-is-not-Corruption Administration.

How one wishes a lot of our compatriots from the SE can be as discerning as you. Sadly, many are blinded by primordial prejudices, like religion and tribe.
I urge you to spread the message. If people like you manage to convince at least three people to eschew these primordial sentiments, we may just get there next year.

2 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Firefire(m): 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
bobbylegend:
[color=#006600][/color]

Lol! I so love ur response.

Thank you Legendbobobby,

APC stinks to the heavens with covert corruption.

1km Road = [b]ONE BILLION NAIRA [/b]to BAT (Bola Ahmed Tinubu's) construction company.

angry angry angry angry
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Muscomide: 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nattynn:
Neither APC field muslem-muslem for presidency nor whatever: they have already fail gallantly come 2015.

Your bad grammar is testament to the falling standard of education under this inept PDP government. Go back to high school.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by leofab(f): 5:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
Shame on Rochas; so h just dey fool himself since.... APC dey do zoning too; Na wah oh....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: "If Money Couldn’t Save APC In Osun, It Won’t Save Them In 2019!" / EFCC Traces Lawyer’s ‘car Gift’ To Onnoghen / EFCC Officials Arrive At APC Convention Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.