Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,145 members, 7,887,320 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:41 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1174217 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by henryosas(m): 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
hello house,
pls anyone with useful information regarding how long it takes Canadian embassy to respond to study permit applications? I have submitted more than two weeks ago but yet to get any feedback from them.pls any useful advice/information is welcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by vicarsenal(m): 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
henryosas:
hello house,
pls anyone with useful information regarding how long it takes Canadian embassy to respond to study permit applications? I have submitted more than two weeks ago but yet to get any feedback from them.pls any useful advice/information is welcome
7weeks and above
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
henryosas:
hello house,
pls anyone with useful information regarding how long it takes Canadian embassy to respond to study permit applications? I have submitted more than two weeks ago but yet to get any feedback from[b][/b] them.pls any useful advice/information is welcome
approximately 8weeks... it depends tho'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
Shyee:

@showfz, count the cost, if you still wanna go ahead, please do. I spoke with an Immigration lawyer myself, he said he won 90% of his appeals. Appealing can not be as costly as re-applying as I see it. Infact, the man would charge me #73k for everything, but seeing I could do it myself, I change my mind.

You mean you want to appeal on your own without a representative?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
henryosas:
hello house,
pls anyone with useful information regarding how long it takes Canadian embassy to respond to study permit applications? I have submitted more than two weeks ago but yet to get any feedback from[b][/b] them.pls any useful advice/information is welcome

Just take a chill pill mehn...two weeks ago?? You can check processing timelines on the CIC website, and also read up on this thread to compare processing times for most people who have been attended to.
It generally takes an average of 2 months or way less if your application is to be delayed. Hopefully that won't be your lot. Good luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
opsynusy I sight you. Gotten the docs yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
MrArams:

Zip codes differs by States, Lga, area. Check www.nigeriazipcodes.com for your location's zip code
Y ar u guyz troubling urself over zipcode, that sh*t dont work in naija. Let d OP just use wat he has.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
aldexrio:

Thanks Bro.

Welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by henryosas(m): 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Thanks for all your response to my question, however I knew of a guy who submitted a study permit application and was responded within a week, he was granted anyway, but the fast response time is what amazed me.i really wanna invest the money with me so don't really know if they must have done verification fro the bank in 2 weeks after submission

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
henryosas:
hello house,
Plz locate a good pharmacy and buy some quality chilling pills. You still hav a long wait.
Check the list of Awaitin TRVs to get an insight of respons timeline. Refere here https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/24#28854659
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
henryosas:
Thanks for all your response to my question, however I knew of a guy who submitted a study permit application and was responded within a week, he was granted anyway, but the fast response time is what amazed me.i really wanna invest the money with me so don't really know if they must have done verification fro the bank in 2 weeks after submission
Probably d guy applied wen CIC just started the online route. The game has change man.
Any response in two weeks application now is probably a refused one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by soji0509: 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ebola:

Yes I did not use any sponsors cos I did not want to complicate matters too much. Am going for a 2yrs masters in Computer science.
Lest I forget, cos I'll be studying in Montreal, I also had to get my CAQ for studies from the QUEBEC govt. That only cost about 103 CAD and took abt 5 business days though 20 days max was put on their site. They were pretty efficient.
Please, Do you speak french ? Is this required for TRV to QUEBEC region ?
2. Would be please to have you assist me in gathering some pieces of Info over there. Will send you a PM ASAP. Kindly respond.
Bonne Chance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by warrikid(m): 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
henryosas:
hello house,
8-9 weeks minimum,so u see u need a whole drugstore of chill pills. Goodluck wit d wait. Btw,did u go paper or online route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
Inkblood:

I did mine for 20K in may, in benin, and my friend did his for 16k in august, in lagos. Both same day collections.

prices has gone up in the past 2 months to abt 28k i think
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
Shyee:

@showfz, count the cost, if you still wanna go ahead, please do. I spoke with an Immigration lawyer myself, he said he won 90% of his appeals. Appealing can not be as costly as re-applying as I see it. Infact, the man would charge me #73k for everything, but seeing I could do it myself, I change my mind.

A lawyer will say about anything to get money from you

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by henryosas(m): 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
thanks for all your response,pls since its may take uo to two months,will you advice I leave my money in my account all tru that 2 months? I really want to invest my money but kindof confused if they must have done verification of statement of account,all advice is welcome pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
realone01:
How was ur flight to Tdot bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
diamondsare4eva:
Let the medicals begin to drop. My school resumes January 5th

Pls when did u apply? Online or paper?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Medicals droping.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
@holu26, how many days after u got an email on ur medical update did u get the email on passport request?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by oghos2k(m): 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
Organized my passport with 18k in Ibadan and got it the same day too.
MsSbee:
Hey Everyone, any suggestions on how much passport is made now and how long it takes to get it? Secondly Advise on All dis Agencies who sort for schools 4 people especially those wanting Msc or Pgds...pls ur replies will be appreciated asap...thanks and Godbless y'll
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jaylinaaa(f): 2:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lol just to let you all who are scared that the embassy will check your account from time to time; They won't and they don't. It is against your right as a customer of a bank. You have a non-disclosure agreement as a customer. Nobody, not even your spouse, can ask for the details in your account. This can only be breached if it is a court order. You can actually sue someone for that. All the embassy does is ask if everything in your statement is correct as at when you submitted. The bank staff says yes (or no, as the case may be) and it ends there.

(I'm guessing this is why they ask for other financial evidence like properties, school fees receipt, etc just to give them extra proof that you can support yourself while in Canada)

So that guy who was wondering if he should invest his money while he waits for a response from the embassy, by all means do.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
jaylinaaa:
Lol just to let you all who are scared that the embassy will check your account from time to time; They won't and they don't. It is against your right as a customer of a bank. You have a non-disclosure agreement as a customer. Nobody, not even your spouse, can ask for the details in your account. This can only be breached if it is a court order. You can actually sue someone for that. All the embassy does is ask if everything in your statement is correct as at when you submitted. The bank staff says yes (or no, as the case may be) and it ends there.

(I'm guessing this is why they ask for other financial evidence like properties, school fees receipt, etc just to give them extra proof that you can support yourself while in Canada)

So that guy who was wondering if he should invest his money while he waits for a response from the embassy, by all means do.

Seconded! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Ebola(f): 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
soji0509:

Please, Do you speak french ? Is this required for TRV to QUEBEC region ?
2. Would be please to have you assist me in gathering some pieces of Info over there. Will send you a PM ASAP. Kindly respond.
Bonne Chance

I don't speak French...except the one I learnt and failed in Primary School. Its not needed for a TRV at least in my case it was not necessary since the school I applied to teaches in English. If you choose a school/course taught in French, the dynamics may be different then.
P.S - I already responded to ur pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
Medicals droping.....

I just want to hear good news from someone on here, anyone abeg. The silence is scary, time is far spent, resumption dates are fast approaching
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lassky(m): 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ebola:

I don't speak French...except the one I learnt and failed in Primary School. Its not needed for a TRV at least in my case it was not necessary since the school I applied to teaches in English. If you choose a school/course taught in French, the dynamics may be different then.
P.S - I already responded to ur pm.
l I learned u said u lodge money into ur account few days before u did ur SOA. Could you please tell me how u explained dat in ur SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by GiftUg(f): 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
Please who has applied to University of Alberta here? Am having issues with the payment part, I really need assistance. Thnkx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by nate433guy: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
tianadiva:
Helo house for those who got their trv already hw many years visa was written on it?
2 years and it's most time 2 years for pgd students
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by realone01(m): 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
it is well dear
tnuola:

I just want to hear good news from someone on here, anyone abeg. The silence is scary, time is far spent, resumption dates are fast approaching

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
tnuola:

We are actually expecting to hear from you...
Its well shaa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
pchax:

Bro, I need to ask u few questions...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Inkblood: 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
Please and please, people, just reading throught the thread now and it seems I'm not the only one going for pgd first. Please can anybody assist with a search for schools? The school I had in my previous application was a bit expensive. About $15000, although it was 1year. Went ahead with it as I did not have enough time then. Well now seeing as I am looking at september, I won't mind something cheaper. And if it is possible to get admission for may that would be the best. Help would be highly appreciated as I have been googling all day and can find anything reasonable. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (502)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.