Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,707 members, 7,914,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:28 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1181519 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by stevemims(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2014
MrArams:

Zip codes differs by States, Lga, area. Check www.nigeriazipcodes.com for your location's zip code
Thanks bro. I was talking about postal code not zipcode. Exactly,eavh state has its own postal code but the one double08 sent me nor undastnd dts y d tin dey confuse me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

We are actually expecting to hear from you...
Its well shaa

As they've not answered me, they should answer others so we can know all is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 3:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
tnuola:

As they've not answered me, they should answer others so we can know all is well
Well, I'm sure the mails will drop soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
But wats with cic na? Ow many days after passin medicals before dey wud ask for passport? Na wa o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tsola6:
But wats with cic na? Ow many days after passin medicals before dey wud ask for passport? Na wa o
... Count ur blessings bro... Count ur blessings... A lot would love to be in the same position u are in... it is well..

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 3:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tsola6:
when did u get the email about ur medical update?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
@Siga
1stly im a female.
Im jst feelin stuck in lagos. I dnt live here. Cme all d way frm warri n i was really hopin to finish evryth before goin bck. I jst really wanna go hme. DTs all. Thanks btw.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Tsola6: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
I dint evn get
blink6:

when did u get the email about ur medical update?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tsola6:
@Siga
1stly im a female.
Im jst feelin stuck in lagos. I dnt live here. Cme all d way frm warri n i was really hopin to finish evryth before goin bck. I jst really wanna go hme. DTs all. Thanks btw.
... Sorry ma... but u need to know CIC works on CIC time... they like dragging ... but for sure... they will get back to u before this weekend cos of holidays ... Enjoy Lagos while u wait...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Hello house, greetings to y'all. been following and reading this trend for close to a month now after applying and getting the admission from SIAT. u guys are doing a great job and am happy to join the e-family... hope say una go do welcome party for me sha?? grin

Now back to the matter, having read a lot from this forum..... it has really helped me and the expected document to be submitted when applying for my study permit, am currently working on getting the needed document and hopefully i will apply online route first week of Jan 2015.

Only have 2 question for now, my sponsor is my brother inlaw how can i convince VO in my SOP that am gonna come back to Naija after my studies? cos i don't have a landed property but i do have a car tho and dunno if this can serve as a tie, cos i intend uploading the car document and pictures. Would have love to use my father land back in the villa, but when i asked he said no papers as regards his house in the villa.

Secondly, please when applying online how many of CIC forms are to be submitted and do i have to download the form into my laptop and attached as a file or what?

Please my ogas and guru's in the house kindly help oo. ur boy is loyal... Thanks

@oga Siga, have been seeing ur name all tru thr pages ur input is also needed here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
I wonder how many staffs dey got at that accra attending to all this applications.
God help us...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Siga: 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
.@Pmiller1... As per home ties... Are u currently working?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by henryosas(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
hello house, please I submitted application for permanent residence in Canada under the federal skilled program, my application was accepted in June 2014 and when I checked the status online via cic,it is in in-process statge,i understand the next stage will be documents verifications and medicals but I have been waiting since June till date without hearing from them, please anyone with useful info about the permanent residence should please tell me more
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
Pmiller1:
Welcome.
1. Plausible home ties (in no particular order)

1. Professional body /organization membership certificate
2. A stamped bank statement/letter of introduction from bank (even if you are not your sponsor)
3. NYSC certificate
4. Land docs. CofO, DofA
5. Registered business docs, CofI, tax certs and other CAC docs linking applicant to business
6. Stocks certificate (even if you're not sponsor)
7. Driver's license.
8. Study leave approval from employer
9. Family back at home
10. A very convincing SOP to explain home ties.

All these can go into the letter of explanation if you are applying online.

Disclaimer: These are just suggestions and the VOs might be looking for more. Also, having good home ties is just one box in the VOs checklist. Having it ticked does not guarantee visa approval

Cheers REDRIBS.

2. steps for online applications https://www.nairaland.com/1851578/travelling-canada-part-6/478#28505770 Chrigo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 4:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
henryosas:
hello house, please I submitted application for permanent residence in Canada under the federal skilled program, my application was accepted in June 2014 and when I checked the status online via cic,it is in in-process statge,i understand the next stage will be documents verifications and medicals but I have been waiting since June till date without hearing from them, please anyone with useful info about the permanent residence should please tell me more
Just to be clear, did u apply for study permit and permanent residence?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
I wonder how many staffs dey got at that accra attending to all this applications.
God help us...
If only you knew the numbers of applications they handle. wink We go smile bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2014
Joe980:
If only you knew the numbers of applications they handle. wink We go smile bro.
Amen oo my brother....
But Nigerians ar really strong shaa..
I bet white Canadians cant withstand this kind of long wait without heart attack or comitin suicide grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by henryosas(m): 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
yes I have now applied for both, the permanent residence started since last year while the study permit was submitted two weeks ago,but I have gotten enough advice/info about the study permit from the house alrady
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
Siga:
.@Pmiller1... As per home ties... Are u currently working?

@siga, yeah am working more than 2years
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by henryosas(m): 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Just to be clear, did u apply for study permit and permanent residence?
yes I have now applied for both, the permanent residence started since last year while the study permit was submitted two weeks ago,but I have gotten enough advice/info about the study permit from the house alrady
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
Amen oo my brother....But Nigerians ar really strong shaa..I bet white Canadians cant withstand this kind of long wait without heart attack or comitin suicide grin
grin... Na we spoil our credibility. It's some days waiting game for other countries. We shall get there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2014
mrnilobrawn:

Welcome.
1. Plausible home ties (in no particular order)

1. Professional body /organization membership certificate
2. A stamped bank statement/letter of introduction from bank (even if you are not your sponsor)
3. NYSC certificate
4. Land docs. CofO, DofA
5. Registered business docs, CofI, tax certs and other CAC docs linking applicant to business
6. Stocks certificate (even if you're not sponsor)
7. Driver's license.
8. Study leave approval from employer
9. Family back at home
10. A very convincing SOP to explain home ties.

All these can go into the letter of explanation if you are applying online.

Disclaimer: These are just suggestions and the VOs might be looking for more. Also, having good home ties is just one box in the VOs checklist. Having it ticked does not guarantee visa approval

Cheers REDRIBS.

2. For steps on online applications https://www.nairaland.com/1851578/travelling-canada-part-6/478#28505770 Chrigo

@mrnilobrawn, thanks alot. CofO, DofA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by henryosas(m): 4:35pm On Dec 16, 2014
jaylinaaa:
Lol just to let you all who are scared that the embassy will check your account from time to time; They won't and they don't. It is against your right as a customer of a bank. You have a non-disclosure agreement as a customer. Nobody, not even your spouse, can ask for the details in your account. This can only be breached if it is a court order. You can actually sue someone for that. All the embassy does is ask if everything in your statement is correct as at when you submitted. The bank staff says yes (or no, as the case may be) and it ends there.

(I'm guessing this is why they ask for other financial evidence like properties, school fees receipt, etc just to give them extra proof that you can support yourself while in Canada)

So that guy who was wondering if he should invest his money while he waits for a response from the embassy, by all means do.
Thanks for your response, you have made my day because I was just confused about it all this while. Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
Pmiller1post=28935908:
@mrnilobrawn, thanks alot. CofO, DofA
Certificate of occupancy(Cof O), Deed of Agreement (DofA)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Vycta(m): 4:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
aldexrio:
Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread. I hope to travel to canada by september 2015 for my MSc.

What should I start doing now?

I hope I get a reply. Thanks.

Hi am going tru an agent too
I PMed you, reply so we can talk more
I contacted them 2months ago, am still getting a supervisor, as its a prerequisite, am going for M.Sc
applying to UofM
holla me plz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Kabosky1956(f): 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
I don't understand CIC ooooo....10 weeks and my application still processing.Sent them several emails this week and no response whatsoever. This is killing...no sleep, no rest of mind at all!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
Tsola6:
I dint evn get
what about the passport submission email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
Joe980:
Certificate of occupancy(Cof O), Deed of Agreement (DofA)

@Joe, oshey.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Pmiller1: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
[quote author=mrnilobrawn post=28935084]
Welcome.

@Mrnilobrawn, please can u send me a copy of letter from employer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Joe980: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
aldexrio:
Thanks for contacting me. I appreciate.
So how far have you gone with the agent?
For me I just sent my documents to my agent.
Here is my number we can whatsapp.
@Vycta; you guys shouldn't come and waste our space here please. Carry go agent shop biko.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by tnuola(f): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kabosky1956:
I don't understand CIC ooooo....10 weeks and my application still processing.Sent them several emails this week and no response whatsoever. This is killing...no sleep, no rest of mind at all!!!!

To think that I'm worried over my 7 week old app.. All will be well.. No rest of mind rara

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (502)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.