Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,857 members, 7,879,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 7 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (1172273 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by diamondsare4eva: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
@Akanni. Are you saying the school cannot grant another week of extension past Jan 14th if one gets his/her trv

i am sorry you will not be able to make the 14th Jan registration.You can hold on till say 12th if you have not gotten your visa, engage your school admissions and inform them that you have not gotten an update from the embassy on your visa application and would like to defer till fall,i.e september.They will advise you on how to go about it.that does not affect your application,you get your visa and hold on to it till when you ready to go.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Halimaah: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
[quote author=diamondsare4eva post=29427289]@Akanni. Are you saying the school cannot grant another week of extension past Jan 14th if one gets his/her trv

i am sorry you will not be able to make the 14th Jan registration.You can hold on till say 12th if you have not gotten your visa, engage your school admissions and inform them that you have not gotten an update from the embassy on your visa application and would like to defer till fall,i.e september.They will advise you on how to go about it.that does not affect your application,you get your visa and hold on to it till when you ready to go. From personal experience, I know someone that went to school 3 weeks after resumption Cz of CIC delay. Just contact your school and let them know, they usually give an extension because as international students we pay a lot of money o. But like I said accurate answer can only come from the school .quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by checkyink(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hi Anugoson, my sponsor gave a Six month statement of account that ends in dec 2014. I want to appl using paper route by next week? Am I ok with it ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
Abi my front? Lol funny guy. Me de find college I wnt pay anything till I lick trv abeg. Collecting my refund (on sponsors request) was anoda drama biko. I go peep dem sha now I know my mistakes I guess na to lick dis trv juice
Anugoson:
Nwanne mmadu it has been long ooo....Compliment of the season....Happy new year bro!!! Ya I did pay part of my tuition $7,000cad...Go ahead and apply nothing do u...i dey ya back.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
More dan ok... Carry go bring come
checkyink:
Hi Anugoson, my sponsor gave a Six month statement of account that ends in dec 2014. I want to appl using paper route by next week? Am I ok with it ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by lilspiceyy(f): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
justicia:
Do an affidavit refering to the defects in the land document and then state the correct and full names. He should be the one to do it o, not u. Kapish! That should work!!
He is late. Can't I prove my relationship with him and do it myself? Am the eldest child in the family.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
kacchiz:

When did you apply?
akanni:
Is too early to conclude that he wont make it.
A friend travel almost 4 weeks after resumption.
kaynine59:
Its been a while, believe you have been good. Make up ur mind with a school and apply, time its not really our friend. Its more peacefull getting TRV 2-1 months before resumption. So plz start fast.

My fellow awaitees....this coming weeks is ours, we shall all smile with a greatfull heart to God. Next week this thread will be flooded with MEDICALS + TRV......AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Anugoson:
Nwanne mmadu it has been long ooo....Compliment of the season....Happy new year bro!!! Ya I did pay part of my tuition $7,000cad...Go ahead and apply nothing do u...i dey ya back.

Anugoson Ogam, i see say you done chop the very TRV, congrats man.
I never knew you applied for Conestoga too.
Abeg drop your email addy i would like you to help me review something before i throw in my app this first week of January.
I think i found out where i misrepresented my sponsor's financial that lead to my initial mishap.
We will most definitely collide in Waterloo this April.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

When did you apply?

Is too early to conclude that he wont make it.
A friend travel almost 4 weeks after resumption.

Its been a while, believe you have been good. Make up ur mind with a school and apply, time its not really our friend. Its more peacefull getting TRV 2-1 months before resumption. So plz start fast.

My fellow awaitees....this coming weeks is ours, we shall all smile with a greatfull heart to God. Next week this thread will be flooded with MEDICALS + TRV......AMEN

Good Advice i learnt it the hard way.
@ Kayninne59 Apply with any program closely related, the mean Huddle is CIC, you can always defer or change to a school with the program of your choice.
I am ready to apply again for May start date but really have no plan of studying the program i am applying with, i have plans to change to another school that offers my first choice program, even if it is for september Start.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO SCALE THROUGH CIC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mrnilobraun am good baba mi we bless God. Yeah u are right. But most people here ddnt pay before trv think I'd like that too sha but all join u r very right sir. I will retire soon. Will need u to guide me sef

Oga sign u sef oh I need ur humble help. Una know say I de learn so am humble and loyal sirs
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bro u have spoken well. But be clear on something (I stand to be corrected though we all de learn so am not 100% sure) I heard that effective sometime this year there would be a law that u have to study what u applied for initially. Can't rem where I saw it but a friend in Canada also says he heard sometin like dat
standupguy:

Good Advice i learnt it the hard way.
@ Kayninne59 Apply with any program closely related, the mean Huddle is CIC, you can always defer or change to a school with the program of your choice.
I am ready to apply again for May start date but really have no plan of studying the program i am applying with, i have plans to change to another school that offers my first choice program, even if it is for september Start.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO SCALE THROUGH CIC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
Standupguy when u say change to another school how easy is dat. A school u have admission previously from or ud apply when u get to Canada... Shed more light pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
kaynine59:
Bro u have spoken well. But be clear on something (I stand to be corrected though we all de learn so am not 100% sure) I heard that effective sometime this year there would be a law that u have to study what u applied for initially Can't rem where I saw it but a friend in Canada also says he heard sometin like dat
Thats not true atleast as at date..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2015
Thnks for clearing the air mrnilobraun God bless.

Please those that applied to Humber and got admission was there a date to pay ur tuition before trv was issued tins by cic pls. Cc @vicarsenal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
Humber people pls were u asked to pay part tuition after admission was given. Or you waited for ur trv to land 1st.

My question sounds silly abeg make una no vex
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by blink6(m): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
@Kaynine59, if you know you don't want to pay the tuition fee like me before applying, try to add to the list of your docs a land doc with good purchase sum... I will recommend from 3M.

I believe this is as a result of them not being able to know the actual figures in the submitted SOA. So, tuition fee, land doc and other related docs will proof your financial capability.
Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
blink6:
@Kaynine59, if you know you don't want to pay the tuition fee like me before applying, try to add to the list of your docs a land doc with good purchase sum... I will recommend from 3M.

I believe this is as a result of them not being able to know the actual figures in the submitted SOA. So, tuition fee, land doc and other related docs will proof your financial capability.
Goodluck.

But what if you dont have a land/asset etc and you dont plan to pay school fees just like me....what do i do...all i have is SOA (salary account) of sponsor, which will probably close with barely nothing, as we invest into some money market fund at his work place and also a fixed account....everything should sum up to about N10m when submitting.

Help oooo...submitting in few weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 9jabiggurl: 9:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
akanni:

happy new yr babe,no,it's ok, oga can carry on with the express entry, has nothing to do with your application.

Hey dude, happy new year to you too.....Thanks bro....will go on with husby EE as planned and also submit my docs for TRV towards Sept 2015 resumption
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dam12: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Not yet bro na till march by God's grace...when u go refire
kaynine59:
My oga how u is nau. Long time hope u have applied for TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by mrnilobrawn: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
Dam12:
Have you got your admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nice one blink6, but now u r speaking based on cic app, am saying the school itself hope one can chill even if Ders a deadline Date for payment of part fees cos dis is what most schools do. I have the land docs set and ready for cic already
blink6:

Goodluck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by kaynine59(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
Ok nice one wishing u success
Dam12:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dam12: 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
Will get it this month
mrnilobrawn:

Have you got your admission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Dam12: 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
Thanks wishu u all the best too
kaynine59:
Ok nice one wishing u success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Halimaah: 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
kaynine59:
Humber people pls were u asked to pay part tuition after admission was given. Or you waited for ur trv to land 1st.

My question sounds silly abeg make una no vex
. Yes, I was asked to pay part tuition and given a deadline. I am waiting for Medicals still though .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by standupguy(m): 12:18am On Jan 03, 2015
kaynine59:
Standupguy when u say change to another school how easy is dat. A school u have admission previously from or ud apply when u get to Canada... Shed more light pls

Brother you can always change institution.
I had 2 admissions for Sept 2014 with centennial and St clair college respectively, actually I was offered both admission in October 2013. But my target program with conestoga had only January Start date and I was offered admission since May 2014, i opt for it and waited till October 2014 to apply for TRV with the conestoga admission hoping that TRV would be smooth sailing.

Had I known i would have started applying earlier last year as advised by my brother and friends then switch to any program of my choice.
I won't make that mistake again.
Right now my first choice program is offered by only centennial college for sept( though more expensive), i am applying with A May program at conestoga and hope to switch when I get my Trv, then wait till Sept to resume school.
Centennial already has my credentials so i will only write them to have my file reviewed for the program.

CIC can frustrate ur logistics, they really screwed mine. I started looking for schools and programs since August 2013, i took my time to find cheap, short and in high demand programs for my field of study, but now I will end up with same program at an institution with more semesters, more tuition and longer program duration.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by jojcanada(f): 12:56am On Jan 03, 2015
kaynine59:
Jojcanada happy for u... And amen to ur prayers

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by johnnykuku: 12:58am On Jan 03, 2015
Pls I have a question does age matters in applying for undergraduate study in any european,canada,Australia and Us universities?am 30 now can I succeed with any one?I am a graduate though but I intend to change my career
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by ManTiger(m): 1:52am On Jan 03, 2015
Why is CIC page showing "Biometric not needed or so"?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by bighead1(m): 4:31am On Jan 03, 2015
Been a while i've been here last.

Holla Holla peep.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 5:52am On Jan 03, 2015
Happy new year to everybody in the house. 2015 will be our year. Is been long I have came here. I hope my new year wish is not late. Winter semester start on Monday. Wishing everyone already in Canada success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by Oyeleye2011(m): 5:58am On Jan 03, 2015
This is to inform everyone sending message into my inbox and you did not see my reply that I am so sorry for that. It is due to my yahoo account that cannot open in Canada. I forgot my security answer. So it did not open for me. Please so sorry for that. I wish everyone success in our applications. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (502)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.