Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,535 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:54 PM

Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha (19141 Views)

Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Buhari Never Promised To Make One Naira Equal To A Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Ferdinandu(m): 10:18am On Dec 11, 2014
PLease nobody should call my dear President clueless again .The Award for 2014 cluelessness goes to:::

Gov Roaches Okorocha and APC grin grin grin grin

If this is what APC can produce then Nigeria is DOOMED

3 Likes

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by felifeli: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2014
Were.
That is why it is being proposed that all politicians should be subject to mental evaluation. SMH
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Ty207: 10:22am On Dec 11, 2014
No country in Africa can equal there currency with u.s dollar.
Not even in 2000years.
Please tell me another lie.

1 Like

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Dreyl(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2014
Lies from hell.
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by hushmail: 10:29am On Dec 11, 2014
of course no one believes him

he thinks 9ja na mumu full am

provide free education first for Imo, not d selected free education wey favour few pple

1 Like

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Boss13: 10:36am On Dec 11, 2014
Okorocha your think it is by giving directives that one naira will equal one dollar?

Stop the child's play and get serious

1 Like

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by JEITO: 10:38am On Dec 11, 2014
Shey you wan remove 3 Zeros from our currency as Ghana did
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by freshkik(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2014
Krisgift:
I like okocha as a person. but under APC? a big No!
. Me,I prefer okocha in S.E, in PDP or APC a big 'I DUNNO' undecided
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by tociano009(m): 10:56am On Dec 11, 2014
Even most powerful Gadafi of libya try to do so...before American get rid of him
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by kay29000(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2014
nekaa:
My good God!!
Promise wey dem dey tell ashawo for bed...

LMAO!!!
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by tochex4real: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2014
Nice caption
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by eaglechild: 11:06am On Dec 11, 2014
When will Rochas learn to desist from making unrealistic and empty promises?

1 Like

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Ninapha(f): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2014
Propagandists shall not see the kingdom of Aso Rock
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Vavavoom(m): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Abeg we no want Ghana economic situation in Nigeria even the almighty Japan and China devalue their currency na Nigeria where we import almost everything will increase the value of Naira. We don't have the output to sustain that rather it is the stability of the Naira from the current position to like one dollar to fifty Naira or hundred Naira should be his priority

His comment clearly demonstrates a poor understanding of the economic situation our poor choices have left us with - to talk about Dollar-Naira parity in an import-driven economy is at best not to understand the challenge. I see why these mofos don't engage the knowledgeable public but choose hangers-on whose only allegiance is their stomach.

1 Like

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by anyaikenga: 11:14am On Dec 11, 2014
Plain stupid statement. do you even understand the economics of exchange parity? please go back to school. we have adult education.

1 Like

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by loomer: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2014
E no fit work, unless u de plan to press factory reset button.
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by bogolobango(m): 11:28am On Dec 11, 2014
Na beans
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by rumely: 11:34am On Dec 11, 2014
Make rochas tell us how he wan take do am oooooooooooo.. World people
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by akatonero(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2014
Hmmmmm u cnt even do for ur state....Rubbish

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by saint047(m): 11:37am On Dec 11, 2014
grin grin grin grin

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by stanprexy(m): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2014
Is it the work of the president to devaluate currency? I thought it is the work of world bank and IMF?
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Samadict(f): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2014
I still wonder what exactly Nigerians want. We dont wanna believe anybody but want a change. Buhari, Atiku, Jonathan and likes have done their parts and we all know how far they have brought us. Someone said he'll change something and instead of sitting to think thoroughly, we are all saying it's impossible. Remember that there is power in your tongue. Remember also that those that built the tower of babel then did what seemed impossible but God saw their unity and knew that was what they needed to make it happen. Nigerians be positive.
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by onatisi(m): 11:59am On Dec 11, 2014
erico2k2:

Its never and would never be possible, Only Market forces can creat this, the only physical currency change that can happen by pronunciation is devaluation.Even china with the highest growth don't have same value as the Dollar.America with all its mights still trade at £1.56 to a $1, don't eh US do all that you mentioned?
bros , it is very very very possible soludo wanted to do something like this but it was kicked against during the time of yar adua and that is because our economy cant sustain it , and if you read my post very well you will see where i said that countries usually like to have a devalued currency against the dollar in order to make their goods and economy attractive . ghana did a redenomiation which made the cedi equal to a dollar but since their economy was import based it is having a negative effect on them .\
read the article below .i will only paste a little , click the link and read the rest

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/hakeem-babalola/redenomination-or-redomination-give-soludo-a-chance.html

The Central Bank Governor, Charles Chukwuma Soludo, recently unveiled a plan to revert the naira to its pre-1986 value. Prof. Soludo said among other thing that #20 will become the country's highest denomination against #1000 which is currently the highest. Doing this will put the naira at about #1.25 to American (U.S) dollar and invariably transform the naira into a world class currency, and become West African's common currency by 2009. This isn't a bad idea. Is it? But is it practical and, or achievable? Are the owners of Nigeria going to tolerate it?

In essence, what the professor is trying to implement is called revaluation or currency re-denomination in economics parlance. He wants Nigerians to be proud of their currency as much as they are proud of their country being the Giant of Africa. Soludo violently believes in economic revolution hence something drastic must be applied urgently. "This would entail a total currency exchange and phasing-out of all the existing denominations from August 1, 2008".

The plan is to "restructure the entire currency by dropping two zeros or moving two decimal points to the left from the currency, and issuing more coin denominations. Effectively our plan will restore the value of the Naira (in short-term) close to what it was in 1985 before the commencement of the Structural Adjustment Programme (SAP) in 1986". The proposed currency structure is as follows: COINS (1 kobo, 2 kobo, 10 kobo, and 20 kobo) NOTES: (50 kobo, 1 Naira, 5 Naira, 10 Naira, 20 Naira).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by babymillenium(f): 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2014
please like the free education in imsu is helping the uni. No lecture hall. Free edu. fire. It doesnt work in uni.
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by lilbazy(m): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
duduhemit36:

dat wat iz killing u pple till today.....
dat is wat is killing you o,not me
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Rochas na Hausa man in igbo body.... cool
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by 4ormidable(m): 12:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by 4ormidable(m): 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
land not for sale
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by chigoizie7(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

http://www.informationng.com/2014/12/i-will-make-the-naira-equal-to-the-dollar-okorocha.html
\

dis man is a 1st class thief.one dollar for one naira?, which means a $5000 car will equally be #5000(naira)? odikwa egwu oooh, does dis man understand simple economics @all?
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by purplekayc(m): 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2014
Story
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Benbiana(f): 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2014
this is only possible if we have God fearing people.
Re: Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha by Ibrochaka(m): 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2014
nekaa:
My good God!!
Promise wey dem dey tell ashawo for bed...
na xo jst lyk d 1 wey me tel u yesterday nite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Yemi Osinbajo In Boston, USA / Oba Rilwan Akiolu: "No Vacancy For Lagos Governorship Position In 2019" / ICPC Raids Namadi Sambo’s Home In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.