Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,883 members, 7,942,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:05 AM

Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate (7602 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria / Meet The Man Expected To Be Buhari's SGF:photo / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Hamintab: 6:52am On Dec 12, 2014
I a very strategic approach is needed in selecting who will be the running mate. Both Buhari and whoever will be the running mate should be sellable to electorates from their imediate region at no extra cost.

GET has the whole of the wealth of Nigeria to buy over voters from any region.

So the question is will electorates from the South West choose to voter for Osibanjo (which is indirectly voting for GMB) as against voting for GEJ as President.

That analysis should also be done for other potential running mates.

A running mate from the South South and South East may not work easily expect the candidate enjoys an unconditional affection from the people of his region.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 12, 2014
None of you mentioned GEJ....
why..?
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 12, 2014
None of you mentioned GEJ...
why...?
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by agabusta: 7:04am On Dec 12, 2014
Elparaiso:

The guy too stingy!

It is good to be stingy with public money. Do u want him to open the treasury anyhow?
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Elparaiso(m): 7:15am On Dec 12, 2014
agabusta:

It is good to be stingy with public money. Do u want him to open the treasury anyhow?
How is it good to be stingy.... Every Edo state student know say the man no day try
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Hamintab: 7:22am On Dec 12, 2014
LeadersOfThought:

Leaders of Thought
6 hours ago
Now that Buhari has emerged as the APC candidate, the APC as a party needs to stop talking and work now... a leaf can be borrowed from the Obama's campaign team... The social media, the print and electronic media and the Nigerian youth who constitute the bulk of the electorate, must all be exploited as vehicles of change.

No more of tribal, religious or ethnic sentiments should be entertained now... This is our opportunity to make our voices heard... In a functional system, when the Government fails to perform, the masses respond via the polls, the last US elections, is a case in point. The time for assessment has come, let us show them, their report card.

There are only two categories of Nigerians who would vote for Jonathan: either those partaking in the national rape of our economy or those ignorant of the level of damage, Jonathan has done to this country... Heaven helps those who help themselves!

Saw this on punch. True talk!
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by blackstreak: 7:32am On Dec 12, 2014
he has to pick his VP from the south west.

The southe east can't help him
(I can almost say they have sold out to GEJ)
Amaechi- there's no hope here, because he is only able to secure votes in only rivers, even there its becoming hard
Adams- still in office
Rochas-might be able to secure his state, but it doesn't just work
Ngige- I laugh in arabic

And since he is in control of the north votes he'll need a southwest VP to help secure what's left of the south
Now SW
Fashola- no way, if buhari becomes president(insha' Allahu) , this man will be his successor
Fayemi- I think this guy should be the VP , look at the way he organised the Presidential primaries, he's a good material, if he can secure votes, he'll be a good VP
Tinubu- hahahahaha tif
OBJ- this thing fi happen una go shock
Who else?
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by CyberWolf: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2014
Hamintab:

I haven't really heard of that name in the political sphere before. APC needs some one with a strong political goodwill and a bright chance of wining an election if asked to contest. Not just anybody. Sambo is a strong politician on his own that as a strong political structure in the North. GEJ was a Politician to recon with when he was made the running mate to Yar Adua. Likewise, Atiku to Obasanjo.

If Buhari had a strong politician as his running mate in 2011, he would have gotten more than 12 million Votes. But no one knew Bakare then. The same goes for Ribadu, no one new Fola Adeola then.

How many people knows Prof Osibanjo. Is he coming with any political goodwill?. Can he win an election or pull reasonable votes if asked to contest alone?.

APC cant afford to get it wrong.Choose someone the people already know!
The one (Tinubu) that anointed him has a magic wand to sweep the whole South West..But it's causing a ruse btw GMB and Tinubu because GMB wants Amaechi...
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by maclatunji: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2014
Etruth:
You really think South Souuth will give up the presidency for v.p? I don't think so. Oby wld be perfect, especially if militant grassroot campaign will be embarked on. 1. Buhari/Oby ticket will put paid to the false rumour of islamisation 2. Sizeable votes from women and some SEners. 3. Solid track record of competence in public office.. Amaechi should head for Senate Or House of Reps (speaker)

Oby cannot win elections in her local government without the backing of real politicians. Most of the real politicians from where she comes from are against the APC.

It is about getting the maximum advantage.

Rotimi Amaechi holds it, Adams Oshiomole can come second but I believe his political clout is waning.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by maclatunji: 11:43am On Dec 12, 2014
blackstreak:
he has to pick his VP from the south west.

The southe east can't help him
(I can almost say they have sold out to GEJ)
Amaechi- there's no hope here, because he is only able to secure votes in only rivers, even there its becoming hard
Adams- still in office
Rochas-might be able to secure his state, but it doesn't just work
Ngige- I laugh in arabic

And since he is in control of the north votes he'll need a southwest VP to help secure what's left of the south
Now SW
Fashola- no way, if buhari becomes president(insha' Allahu) , this man will be his successor
Fayemi- I think this guy should be the VP , look at the way he organised the Presidential primaries, he's a good material, if he can secure votes, he'll be a good VP
Tinubu- hahahahaha tif
OBJ- this thing fi happen una go shock
Who else?

Fayemi has less political clout, he just lost elections in his state.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by spankyflex(m): 11:49am On Dec 12, 2014
raumdeuter:

It would be foolishh of APC to leave his strong regions and pick a VP that cant even deliver his home state.

Its about winning votes and election not an appeal for ppl to like you.

WHat is Yorubas ppl stake in the election if he doesnt pick anyone of them
so its a Yoruba thing now?
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by blackstreak: 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2014
maclatunji:

Fayemi has less political clout, he just lost elections in his state.

so who do you suggest then?,

Fits the post
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by kettykings: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
These Folks are still living in a fools paradise, after selecting the VEEPEE or your unmarketable and un-electable president , you then come back to Nairaland and vote for for him in your fantasy election , declare him winner and swear him in as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Nairanland and let him rule you because as far as Nigeria is concerned that Era is gone forever , the Era where yorubas will gang up with Fulanis and rule Nigeria can only happen in the history books !!! . Goodluck to you in your wild goose chase
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by Orunto: 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2014
Hamintab:
THe APC primaries have come and gone. The next challenge of the stakeholders is selecting the best running mate for Buhari.

Who do you think should be the best choice of running mate for Buhari putting the following into consideration
: Tribe/Region, Religion, Popularity and Acceptance by the electorates.

Potential candidates :

Rochas okorocha
Fayemi
Idah isiah
Dele Momodu
Adams oshiomole
Madam Oby Ezekwesili
Chris Ngige
Rotimi Amechi. ......
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by maclatunji: 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
blackstreak:
so who do you suggest then?,

Fits the post

Amaechi.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by maclatunji: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
kettykings:
These Folks are still living in a fools paradise, after selecting the VEEPEE or your unmarketable and un-electable president , you then come back to Nairaland and vote for for him in your fantasy election , declare him winner and swear him in as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Nairanland and let him rule you because as far as Nigeria is concerned that Era is gone forever , the Era where yorubas will gang up with Fulanis and rule Nigeria can only happen in the history books !!! . Goodluck to you in your wild goose chase

Thankfully, people who think like you are decreasing on a daily basis.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by blackstreak: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2014
maclatunji:

Amaechi.
it won't work, lol

Amaechi doesn't seem sure of securing votes in his state, and can't possibly get votes from the SE and other SS,

It should go to the SW
SE as I said is for GEJ
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by maclatunji: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2014
blackstreak:
it won't work, lol

Amaechi doesn't seem sure of securing votes in his state, and can't possibly get votes from the SE and other SS,

It should go to the SW
SE as I said is for GEJ

You are not calculating. Buhari's vote in the Southwest outside of Ondo and Ekiti is guaranteed whoever he presents.

Amaechi's emergence will split Rivers state and I can assure you that Amaechi is strong, his people will vote for him.

Many people calling for a Southwestern running mate are doing so for ethnic reasons. It is not in Buhari's favour.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by blackstreak: 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2014
maclatunji:

You are not calculating. Buhari's vote in the Southwest outside of Ondo and Ekiti is guaranteed whoever he presents.

Amaechi's emergence will split Rivers state and I can assure you that Amaechi is strong, his people will vote for him.

Many people calling for a Southwestern running mate are doing so for ethnic reasons. It is not in Buhari's favour.
very true, well said

He could get lil favours from ekiti and ondo

Honestly amaechi to me, won't really garner votes

I'd rather support rochas

I'd like to broaden this-
Ok so
Buhari secures-
The north , kwara, edo, lagos, osun, oyo, ogun, imo, rivers,
(Free to add others)
Battle zones are niger, kogi (to me)

The Ndigbo state except imo are pro-GEJ, same situation in other 44 states,

For now we will have give it time to see his choice

Rochas or amaechi
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by maclatunji: 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2014
blackstreak:
very true, well said

He could get lil favours from ekiti and ondo

Honestly amaechi to me, won't really garner votes

I'd rather support rochas

I'd like to broaden this-
Ok so
Buhari secures-
The north , kwara, edo, lagos, osun, oyo, ogun, imo, rivers,
(Free to add others)
Battle zones are niger, kogi (to me)

The Ndigbo state except imo are pro-GEJ, same situation in other 44 states,

For now we will have give it time to see his choice

Rochas or amaechi

Owerri is down the road from Port Harcourt. Rochas would be motivated to perform because he has ihs Governorship ticket already in APC.
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by blackstreak: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2014
maclatunji:

Owerri is down the road from Port Harcourt. Rochas would be motivated to perform because he has is Governorship ticket already in APC.
I like rochas's charisma , he's got a way with words

Amaechi sha, he just let's you pick offense then he ends you

In terms of past performance rochas has much in his name

Rochas is the right candidate for me

Luckily he has his gubernatorial ticket

Btw are you a mod?
Re: Who Should Be Buhari's Running Mate by maclatunji: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2014
blackstreak:
I like rochas's charisma , he's got a way with words

Amaechi sha, he just let's you pick offense then he ends you

In terms of past performance rochas has much in his name

Rochas is the right candidate for me

Luckily he has his gubernatorial ticket

Btw are you a mod?

Yes I am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amiesimaka Stadium A Class Above Akwa Ibom Complex, Igwe Boasts / Photos Of Other World Leaders Standing Alone At No. 10 Downing Street, London / The Acts Of King Mumu Son Of Hari Chapter 1:1-24 (Readers Discretion Is Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.