Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,616 members, 7,917,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:37 PM

If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. (37455 Views)

2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Lazy Jobless Guys Complaining About The Government,you Need To See This(pics) / You Are Still Unemployed And Its Almost March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 9:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
Why will someone go to school, spend 6 years burn candle and do sleepless nights all to end up installing DSTV for people? Does that make sense to you? Instead why not cut our that years and stress of the uni and go directly to installing DSTV, at least you have some years head start.

It's not all about the money! There's something called job satisfaction.

19 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Durchess(f): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
rationalmind:

cheesy
warapen
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Djicemob: 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2014
nnamdiosu:

I can't actually believe you guys. you guys mean to tell me that its only hard working people that get jobs? its just like you saying that only intelligent people pass exams in schools. for Gods sake having a job in Nigeria is strictly by the grace of God. you think Becos you passed a job interview or you successfully put up a business plan and it worked out ur a genius? also Mr labourer do you know how many labourers like you had an accident during work, became handicapped and couldn't work again? op tell ur boss not not judge people. the battle is not to the strong or the swift. its just time and chance that happens to we all.
Thoughts like this can keep someone jobless for Africa angry

Are you saying someone should keep himself from doing labourer work cos of thoughts of being handicapped?

3 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Djicemob: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lazy dudes be like
XketchDesigns:
Why will someone go to school, spend 6 years burn candle and do sleepless nights all to end up installing DSTV for people? Does that make sense to you? Instead why not cut our that years and stress of the uni and go directly to installing DSTV, at least you have some years head start.

You rather collect #100 from your parents to buy recharge card abi? Give urself a white collar job if its easy na.

3 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Don't mind me.

Sleeping in the house all day long and running errands for your neighbours is more than enough compensation for the 6 years spent in school burning midnight candles.

6 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by dhantey324(m): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2014
The post to me, sounds like what they say at those gnld scam interviews.. No be only boss.. Shioor!

4 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
chidekings:

u got me cracking bro.

started from the bottom,now we are here.

Exactly bro. The bolded is the summary of story at the end of it all cheesy
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
dhantey324:
The post to me, sounds like what they say at those gnld scam interviews.. No be only boss.. Shioor!

Lol, this has nothing to do with GNLD.

I would have shared the discussion that led to him saying that but it has to do with someone who is active on nairaland. Once he sees it, he can easily connect the dots no matter how I try to mask the discourse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
Djicemob:
Lazy dudes be likeYou rather collect #100 from your parents to buy recharge card abi? Give urself a white collar job if its easy na.
Why go to school then? It's a simple question? Why go to school to study a professional course?

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
rationalmind:

Don't mind me.

Sleeping in the house all day long and running errands for your neighbours is more than enough compensation for the 6 years spent in school burning midnight candles.

Think big! Rather than installing DSTV think somthing more in ur professional line. Become innovative.
You went to school for freaking sakes.

5 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Djicemob: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Why go to school then? It's a simple question? Why go to school to study a professional course?
By your logic,Every body who studies a professional course must be employed or a professional in that field.This is nigeria dude,what are you saying? This is not a nollywood movie where you move from the village to the city and become rich or where you finish the university and become a big boy with a big house and a nice family.This is real-life with real struggles bro.

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Ilovenigeria(f): 11:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
nnamdiosu:

I can't actually believe you guys. you guys mean to tell me that its only hard working people that get jobs? its just like you saying that only intelligent people pass exams in schools. for Gods sake having a job in Nigeria is strictly by the grace of God. you think Becos you passed a job interview or you successfully put up a business plan and it worked out ur a genius? also Mr labourer do you know how many labourers like you had an accident during work, became handicapped and couldn't work again? op tell ur boss not not judge people. the battle is not to the strong or the swift. its just time and chance that happens to we all.
I love this!!!
Some people are just lucky, especially the trouble makers. Things end up working out fine for them.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 12:09am On Dec 16, 2014
The truth hurts but your boss is right ...people are lazy ...when I came to Lagos with just a bag. I started as an insurance marketer that was 5 urs ago today I have worked in many firms from real estate to international media houses travelling around the world

This I got with my experience in insurance ..by the grace of God ..I have a car living in flat and thinking of having my own firm ....possibly next year ..God willing

There is so many opportunities in Nigeria and Lagos

Yesterday I saw a Lady that built a house selling Akara at Ikeja she bought a bus ...then haters came and jazzed her on her street but she is fine

Today ..I was with a taxi driver an Igbo man he told me categorically he makes like 100k monthly earning more than many bankers etc

To Ve honest ..foe you to make it in Lagos ..go solo

Go self employment

11 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 12:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

I love this!!!
Some people are just lucky, especially the trouble makers. Things end up working out fine for them.

It has to do with focus and God ..but know that bible said that show me a man who is diligent in anything he does he will feed in front of kings

There are jobs in Lagos just that people are too proud

Have you asked yourself why immigrants in Lagos make it faster than those born in Lagos

Those born in Lagos has fall back position. There parents are here and they have free foods and accommodation

But immigrant doesn't have these stuffs so they have yo survive and do any type of job thereby developing their skills

Do the research
.I hate working for people ...I am wasting doing that

Lord let my plan work out

Have so many business to make money in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 12:17am On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Think big! Rather than installing DSTV think somthing more in ur professional line. Become innovative.

Going yo schools will only make you theorise and put food on your table instead of hands on experience

How many mechanical engineers have you seen having an auto workshop ..but there is money in mechanic ..with a million cars in Lagos alone

How many pfoffesor of economics have you seen with firms on their own ..all they do is get paid by an employer

How many degrees does Dangote ibeto adenuga etc got

They got their experience on the job and that's my take

That is why alaba traders will make the moneys while the lecturers keep striking

7 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 12:22am On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

This is the reason why people are poor ..I have seen a director of a firm that was a bus conductor ..it is better to be independent doing menial jobs than to be a broke ass niga speaking English

Dude forget that your school ..face reality ..I wonder why people will work in an organization for years to wait for pension .queuing foe pension is dehumanizing ...lord forbid that foe me

At that age I should be director of my own firm

Don't miss it when your 30s

I am talking from experience

Education will only broaden your horizon not guarantee you success

Even in USA education isn't a success roof ask Facebook dude or bill gates

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 12:25am On Dec 16, 2014
nnamdiosu:

Every job has occupational hazard ..do you know how many doctors that died of infectious disease

So you know how many army dudes that got killed

Do you know how many lecturers that got killed

Do you know how many politicians that got assassinated

But you can't be looking at risk and not venture

No venture no success

9 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 1:07am On Dec 16, 2014
tonychristopher:

Going yo schools will only make you theorise and put food on your table instead of hands on experience

How many mechanical engineers have you seen having an auto workshop ..but there is money in mechanic ..with a million cars in Lagos alone -a mechanical engineer has no business in a mechanic work shop, he is not trained to repair rather design

How many pfoffesor of economics have you seen with firms on their own ..all they do is get paid by an employer

How many degrees does Dangote ibeto adenuga etc got Dangote can have the whole money in the world but he will.never have the thrill of flying a fighter jet! Money is not everything!

They got their experience on the job and that's my take

That is why alaba traders will make the moneys while the lecturers keep striking
It all boils down to the fact that the government has failed the nigerian youth and left us it a shitty economy. And money is not everything!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 16, 2014
there are plenty jobs since the primary employers (BANKS) have sacked everybody..

1: Intelligent Armed Robbery
2: Cyber-fraud in 5 banks in 2014
3: ATM fraud
4: Flexcube Fraud
5: Kidnapping
6: Purse and Phone Snatching..

There are lots of jobs out there.. your boss is right
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Wayne2: 3:36am On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

In the absence of nothing, find something doing. Before i got my current job, i was doing free work for contractors in the oil and gas industry without being paid. I was building my experience, and i was making contacts while meeting people wherever i go to work. Suddenly, there was an opening in one of the firms, and that was it. I got the job, all thanks be to God.
My advice is Get busy doing something, and also be prayerful and hopeful.

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Funjosh(m): 3:42am On Dec 16, 2014
Make I no talk lipsrsealed

rationalmind:
Those are not my words but the words of my boss.

What do you think?
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by fr3do(m): 6:31am On Dec 16, 2014
dhea:
i know lots of us like the whole brazillian, peruvian, indian, and all the 'ians' possible. they are lovely yes. but what if you can have all in one. YASSSSS!! there is this new brand in town 'BelleHair..bydiya' its a unique combo of brazillian and malaysian hair in one weft. my God its simply beautiful. so so soft. and then they have this other category 'BelleHair Exotica' its fine virgin hair gotten from regions in the european continent generally known to have the highest quality of hair. hmmm, this one is just something else. from the day i made BelleHair..bydiya my brand, i dont struggle with my hair in the mornings again trying to comb out all the tangles. i pack hair from the floor anymore because of shedding. i can style anyhow i like 'cos its so soft and real. its handmade too so when you fix, it looks so so real. if you want more gist or you want to beacome a part of this luxury hair family, visit their online store now @ www.bellehairbydiya.com or contact 08117678181. am telling you. its just the best ever. even better, their prices are totally affordable!!!

So your natural God-given hair is low quality and undesirable?

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

It all boils down to the fact that the government has failed the nigerian youth and left us it a shitty economy. And money is not everything!

Where I come from we have come not depend On govt ...have u imagined if every youth waited for government ..who will be barber who will be tailors and we have successful men that are below 40 and they run their businesses

So waiting for govt is waiting for Godot.

Man up
Don't wait for anything

4 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

This is what happens when all you're interested in is just to argue.

Didn't you see where I expressly stated I just used DSTV installation as an example and that there are several other things one can do?

4 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by ogawisdom(m): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2014
rationalmind:
Those are not my words but the words of my boss.

What do you think?

Ur boss is 200 percent correct. Jobless ppl r lazy n has oversized ego

3 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 8:49am On Dec 16, 2014
Wayne2:

In the absence of nothing, find something doing. Before i got my current job, i was doing free work for contractors in the oil and gas industry without being paid. I was building my experience, and i was making contacts while meeting people wherever i go to work. Suddenly, there was an opening in one of the firms, and that was it. I got the job, all thanks be to God.
My advice is Get busy doing something, and also be prayerful and hopeful.
I never said do nothing. I said do somthing professional. This is what I meant and not do barber or sell pure water. I mean come on!
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 8:50am On Dec 16, 2014
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by dhope: 11:42am On Dec 16, 2014
mayb nigerians need to tell govt how to train students of some courses. it is funny to think mechanical engrs are trained to repair vehicle.engrg is a family and pple who are involved know d category of cadre dt works on vehicle to repair it. it is nt a pride to say dis but every cadre's role is well defined. nigeria economy just seems to give more jobs to technician's cadre than any other cadre of engineering because we dont manufacture here. dis experience is nt limited to mechanical alone but all engrg fields.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Mustay(m): 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
The argument may never end with people supporting or going against this statement based on personal experiences. All the same, your boss is RIGHT and I like the way this was coined - " And You Have Nothing Doing". I think we've ignored that part of the statement.

Like someone said, you may be underemployed especially as a graduate but not unemployed. I think we need the paradigm shift where graduates don't ignore technical jobs or vocational skills - like someone said, you went to school for freaking sake. The exposure helps you to be innovative even though I know Nigeria is a complicated country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

I never said do nothing. I said do somthing professional. This is what I meant and not do barber or sell pure water. I mean come on!
define professional

are they not profession

before fall there is pride
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
Stop fooooling around, you keep decieving yourselves and with certificates, Mechanical egineers should design and build and fix engines that what they studied, my late dad studied Electrical engineering, He has a hands on experience, has his electrification contracting firm, what stop a mechanical engineer from having a mechnics and fabrication firm

the bottom line is that most of our present crop of young engineers are just daft

dhope:
mayb nigerians need to tell govt how to train students of some courses. it is funny to think mechanical engrs are trained to repair vehicle.engrg is a family and pple who are involved know d category of cadre dt works on vehicle to repair it. it is nt a pride to say dis but every cadre's role is well defined. nigeria economy just seems to give more jobs to technician's cadre than any other cadre of engineering because we dont manufacture here. dis experience is nt limited to mechanical alone but all engrg fields.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
tonychristopher:
define professional

are they not profession

before fall there is pride

Go and sell pure water and akara I did not stop you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FAAN Recruitment 2015 Selection List Released / PZ Cussons Test, January 2013 / Fidelity Bank Current Recruitment OND/NCE

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.