Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,616 members, 7,917,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:38 PM

If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. (37455 Views)

2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Lazy Jobless Guys Complaining About The Government,you Need To See This(pics) / You Are Still Unemployed And Its Almost March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by joseph1832(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2014
tonychristopher:

he is living with his parents, and they are giving him food, that is why he can afford to talk like that

at 25 i have left my parents house, no bragging

bro leave him, just that i dont want him to poison others mind
Bro you seem hell bent on everyone being self employed! If everyone is self employed who will do the work meant for others to do?.

You fail to note that not everyone has entrepreneur skills. Some people are fashion to work for others while others are fashion to work for themselves.

The stuff you sell I guess it is someone who buys them right? Salary is not slavery so stop saying that.
Everybody has their gift and calling, what I advice people to do is discover their talent and market it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 11:58am On Dec 17, 2014
steppin:

You went to school? So? People who are doing it are silly, I guess?
Bro, from your comments, you still have a long way to go. Sorry to say this, but your level of maturity needs a lot of improvement.
I won't be surprised if you still live with your parents. If you had bills to pay, your folks to take care of, your mindset would change.
Do You think the guy who installs Dstv dish had it in mind when he was in school? He's probably doing it as a temp job instead of sleeping in the house all day and then begging people for money or food.
Funny enough, some graduates prefer going thru the humiliation of begging for money instead of working for it.
God bless their hustle.
I am talking about the bigger picture and ultimate goal here! Not temporary. "They" are of the opinion that if installing DSTV gives you money, then that's it. Stick to it for the rest of ur life! Comon!!!
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
tonychristopher:

he is living with his parents, and they are giving him food, that is why he can afford to talk like that

at 25 i have left my parents house, no bragging

bro leave him, just that i dont want him to poison others mind
Steve jobs started his company in his parents garage. I am of the opinion seun osewa also did somthing similar. Think big! Dream big!
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by steppin: 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
XketchDesigns:

God bless their hustle.
I am talking about the bigger picture and ultimate goal here! Not temporary. "They" are of the opinion that if installing DSTV gives you money, then that's it. Stick to it for the rest of ur life! Comon!!!
C'mon bro! No graduate wants to spend their entire lifetime installing dish. It's always a temp job!
Besides, if the installer ends up being a dealer, he becomes the boss.
Go to any Dstv dealer's office and see the number of people they employ. Sometimes people tend to move away from their choosen career and then end up with a different thing entirely.
Pastor Adeboye is a good example. From a lecturer to a Pastor. Can you imagine that?

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
joseph1832:
Bro you seem hell bent on everyone being self employed! If everyone is self employed who will do the work meant for others to do?.

You fail to note that not everyone has entrepreneur skills. Some people are fashion to work for others while others are fashion to work for themselves.

The stuff you sell I guess it is someone who buys them right? Salary is not slavery so stop saying that.
Everybody has their gift and calling, what I advice people to do is discover their talent and market it.

i know that not everybody will be paid... but salary earners are called wage slaves

BUT NOT EVERYBODY WILL BE BUSINESS OWNER, I DONT SELL BROTHER, I AM IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by chubbypearl(f): 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
M4gunners:
How much u save during your service (NYSC)? because some guys hia in nairaland save more than 280,000.Now that's a huge amount to start a business.
pls ohh,which guys saved up to 280,000 coz even if u dont touch d 19,800 @all @ll,it wont be up to dat.

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
onatisi:
I worked with chinese engineers in accra and we were the ones that constructed the new chinese embassy in accra opposite the american embassy. There is no chinese engineer that isn't excellent in manual skills, at times when I ask my boss ,that is how they were able to transfer their knowledge to us,they will teach u how to read diagrams and come and show u how to put everything in place,they are always dirty looking.I learnt a lot from them ,no wonder china is great today, but nigeria engineer will come to a site in white shirt and tie and he will be cleaning his shoe every now and then,no wonder we have buildings collapsing every month in nigeria. If you leave nigeria noone will ask u what certificate you have got,the first question they will ask u is what can you do. It was in ghana I got to realize that the skills we term as useless and rubbish in nigeria is what actually turn ppl into millionaires abroad. Steel bending, bricklaying, plumbing,electrical installations,phone repairs,ac repairs aluminium,tailoring ,hair weaving and braiding etc,these skills are top money earners but ask a nigerian graduate to go and learn these skills he will tell u that u are mad ,that he spent 5 yrs in the uni .sad case

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING, NIGERIAN ENGINEERS WEARING TIES AND STARCHED SHIRTS EVERYDAY

LOL
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Steve jobs started his company in his parents garage. I am of the opinion seun osewa also did somthing similar. Think big! Dream big!

THAT IS IN USA...HERE IN NIGERIA, ROLL YOUR SLEEVES HIT THE STREETS
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by AISHBAMBA: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2014

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by steppin: 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Bros, you still don't get it! Everybody cannot be Steve Jobs or Bill Gates! They had the opportunity and they utilised it to the maximum. They had garage that's why they could start from there! How about those who don't? Having a garage in this context simply means, having the required resource(s) to discover their potential and achieve their dreams. Many people get the same opportunity but in a different way, but their arrogance and way of thinking(like yours) won't let them use it.
You gotta start from somewhere, not necessary ground level, maybe somewhere in between.

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
steppin:

Bros, you still don't get it! Everybody cannot be Steve Jobs or Bill Gates! They had the opportunity and they utilised it to the maximum. They had garage that's why they could start from there! How about those who don't? Having a garage in this context simply means, having the required resource(s) to discover their potential and achieve their dreams. Many people get the same opportunity but in a different way, but their arrogance and way of thinking(like yours) won't let them use it.
You gotta start from somewhere, not necessary ground level, maybe somewhere in between.

Bro you should have asked him how many houses got garages in lagos, and that garage is an office, but here one has to find a way to start up

once there is will there must be a way

we are entering a new year, people should make up their minds
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Vinnozaro(m): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
nnamdiosu:

I can't actually believe you guys. you guys mean to tell me that its only hard working people that get jobs? its just like you saying that only intelligent people pass exams in schools. for Gods sake having a job in Nigeria is strictly by the grace of God. you think Becos you passed a job interview or you successfully put up a business plan and it worked out ur a genius? also Mr labourer do you know how many labourers like you had an accident during work, became handicapped and couldn't work again? op tell ur boss not not judge people. the battle is not to the strong or the swift. its just time and chance that happens to we all.

since u knw d battle is not for d stronge then CREATE A JOB FOR URSELF. GO learn any good profit trade/business and i tell u by d next 2 years u will b smileing to d BANK
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by onatisi(m): 1:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
joseph1832:

yes I think you are right, not everyone can and will be a business owner ,but my submission is that ppl must and should try to upgrade themselves and add more skills and knowledge to the ones they have. When they do this ,they themselves become the product people will be scrambling to buy, there is a nigerian professor in australia and many universities in europe and usa flies him in to give lectures on certain subjects and courses. Ppl should not have a laid back attitude to life that once I am a graduate that is all,keep on updating ur knowledge and skills .there are many nigerian doctors in trinidad and tobago doing very well and working for the govt, also many in kuwait and saudi arabia they are not business owners but the knowledge in their brain is a product many countries will pay millions to employ.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by deife(m): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
agarawu23:
tenx cheesy

You're welcome bro.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by joseph1832(m): 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
onatisi:
yes I think you are right, not everyone can and will be a business owner ,but my submission is that ppl must and should try to upgrade themselves and add more skills and knowledge to the ones they have. When they do this ,they themselves become the product people will be scrambling to buy, there is a nigerian professor in australia and many universities in europe and usa flies him in to give lectures on certain subjects and courses. Ppl should not have a laid back attitude to life that once I am a graduate that is all,keep on updating ur knowledge and skills .there are many nigerian doctors in trinidad and tobago doing very well and working for the govt, also many in kuwait and saudi arabia they are not business owners but the knowledge in their brain is a product many countries will pay millions to employ.
Yes! I concur.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by joseph1832(m): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
tonychristopher:

Bro you should have asked him how many houses got garages in lagos, and that garage is an office, but here one has to find a way to start up

once there is will there must be a way

we are entering a new year, people should make up their minds
To sum it up, if everybody is a leader, who will follow?.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
joseph1832:
To sum it up, if everybody is a leader, who will follow?.
everybody can be a leader in their own capacity
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Kulas: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
adepiero:
Your boss is a really big fool angry #NoOffense

Do you know how difficult it is to get a job? even to start an enterprise sef, the start up capital is another problem.

I searched for job for more than a year before I started working and I know ppl that are still searching for over 7yrs and are still unemployed. is it their fault or this useless country that has refused to empower the youth as well as the sectors that can benefit the people in terms of employment.

because you foolish boss is lucky to sit behind a desk, he feels he can rubbish other people by calling them lazy! just advice him that his post is not a permanent position. he could be back on the street searching for vacancy soon. undecided

Well said!.

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by ceononi: 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
severee:
grin just kidding your boss is totally right! If you are poor, you deserve to be
.... If I may ask; what do you do
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by totoakins(m): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
dadaic:

I graduated from the University of Benin and I had my majors in Geography. You and I know what the lecturers do, but still, I did all I could in understanding some aspects of GIS. I did this because I believe GIS is something that hasn't explored in the country. To cut the long story short, I had my second degree on GIS and Cartography. I do aerial photography, I do cartography, I do online mapping, I do all sorts you can ever imagine. I decided to gain experience because I used all I had in gaining such knowledge and skill, I have been working with arctic spatial and I haven't been paid since. Now tell me, what kind of hard work have I not done that needs to be done? Do I find myself lazy because I can't get my boss to pay my salary or because I can't use my skills for my personal use?

Your boss has made a stupid statement, because I can categorically tell you he is a major fool for making such statement.
i can understand your statement but personally i believe in going solo and starting something for the yourself but not every broke person is lazy i agree
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Mamaseventies: 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
voltron:
there are plenty jobs since the primary employers (BANKS) have sacked everybody..

1: Intelligent Armed Robbery
2: Cyber-fraud in 5 banks in 2014
3: ATM fraud
4: Flexcube Fraud
5: Kidnapping
6: Purse and Phone Snatching..

There are lots of jobs out there.. your boss is right

. grin cheesy grin grin.... All na Job.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by onatisi(m): 8:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
totoakins:

i can understand your statement but personally i believe in going solo and starting something for the yourself but not every broke person is lazy i agree
you misunderstood the op totally. So many hard working people are poor and broke but if you are hard working in nigeria,no matter how broke or poor the person is he will feed and clothe himself comfortably,and still have some change in his pocket. But if someone is healthy without any physical deformities and yet is broke and poor after a certain grace period then the person is lazy that is what the op was trying to say. Why should an able body man be at home for 2 years doing nothing and only submitting application letters for salary jobs when he can learn how to drive in just a month and get a driving job until he decides what to do and how to go about it. Whatever ur hand findeth to do just do it .that is what the op is saying.

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Mamaseventies: 10:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Op I am lazy! Very lazy!! But if your boss is not Dangote,Ibeto,Odetola,Jim Ovia then He is lazy.

They are opportunities in lagos yet he pays peanut.
Mtcheeeeeew.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by BlindFlange(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
tonychristopher:

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING, NIGERIAN ENGINEERS WEARING TIES AND STARCHED SHIRTS EVERYDAY

LOL

I don't get. How's that bad?
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 18, 2014
Mamaseventies:
Op I am lazy! Very lazy!! But if your boss is not Dangote,Ibeto,Odetola,Jim Ovia then He is lazy.

They are opportunities in lagos yet he pays peanut.
Mtcheeeeeew.

Are you done belly-aching?

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 8:10am On Dec 18, 2014
Education is considered by many Nigerians to be the
gateway to success and the passport to a better life.
Debunking this myth that one cannot be successful
without a university education are these successful
Nigerians who have been able to survive life's
challenges and cross the hurdle of formal education to
become who they are today.
Take a look at some of Nigeria's must successful
individuals who didn't have university degree.

Cosmos Maduka
Cosmos Maduka - If you are a lover of cars; then you are
certain to have heard the name Cosmos Maduka.
He is the founder of Coscharis Group, which is the sole
distributor of BMW vehicles in West Africa.
He dropped out of elementary school and became an
apprentice at a tender age of seven. Today; he sits as
one of the biggest conglomerates that Nigeria can boast
of.

Folorunsho Alakija
Folorunsho Alakija - Ranked not only as Nigeria's
richest woman, according to Forbes ratings, Mrs.
Folorunsho Alakija is Africa's richest woman.
The billionaire who as at 2012 is estimated to be worth
$2.5 billion revealed recently that she never attended a
university.
She made this revelation at the United Nations
International Youth Day held at University of Lagos.

Olorogun Michael Ibru
Olorogun Michael Ibru - Olorugun Michael Ibru is the
founder of Ibru Organization which is one of the largest
conglomerates in Nigeria and head of one of the richest
families in Nigeria.
He is a prominent Nigerian businessman who has only a
school certificate to his name, he graduated from Igbobi
College, Lagos in 1951.

Razaq Akanni Okoya
Razaq Akanni Okoya - A Nigerian billionaire industrialist,
he is the founder of Eleganza Group which has a
marketing span across West Africa.
Lack of a proper education was not a barrier to Razaq
Okoya in his quest for success.
He had his only formal education at Ansar-un-deen
primary School, Okepopo, Lagos.

Vincent Obianobo
Vincent Obianobo - The name Vincent Obianobo might
not sound familiar but you must have heard of his
transportation company, "The Young Shall Grow Motors."
He is also the owner of Rockview Hotels and his
transport company is supposedly the largest in Nigeria.
This astute businessman had a humble beginning but
little education but today, he is one of Nigeria's most
successful businessmen.

Orji Uzor Kalu
Orji Uzor Kalu - He is the billionaire founder of SLOK
Holding as well as the founder of Daily Sun and New
Telegraph Newspapers.
He was rusticated from the university for participating in
a students' protest.
The university later reconsidered its decision and he was
called back but he rejected the offer and ventured into
entrepreneurship.

Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande
Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande - He was a journalist who
became governor of Lagos State in Nigeria from 1979
to 1983.
He was also Minister of Works under the Sani AbachaÂ
military regime.
Lateef Kayode Jakande was born at Epetedo area ofÂ
Lagos Island on July 23, 1929.
He studied at the Lagos public school at Enu-Owa,
Lagos Island, then at Bunham Memorial Methodist
School, Port Harcourt (1934Â?43). He studied briefly at
King's College in 1943 and then enrolled at Ilesa
Grammar School in 1945 where he edited a literary paper
calledThe Quarterly Mirror.
Till date, Jakande does not have a University degree.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 8:13am On Dec 18, 2014
BlindFlange:

I don't get. How's that bad?

Engineering job is a hands on job from my exposures in Dubai london even Pretoria I have not seen such

I see them wearing safety booths and helmet with their laptops and design in sites

But in Nigeria ..they wear oxford shoes etc

If you see them at that their jamboree the call NSE you will laugh

Polytechnic graduates are even better than their university counterparts
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Taobra: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
E no go better 4 ur Bozz papa Nyash....oloriburuku somebody...
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Aj2(m): 11:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
Looking up to start your own business is the sure ticket to live the life of your dream.
There is great difference between an employee and employer. The time you are wasting
here and there looking for office or white collar job can be converted to look inward and
identify your potentials and God-given talents which you can transform into at least for
a start "7 Figure Income Business Empire"

You will see your boss making 200Million in a single deal or contract while the dude will
use you to execute the task and pay you a miserable N50,000 in a month. even if you are
5 in his payroll, it still N250K. you are being leveraged by your boss and he uses you and
sees you as part of his investment.

This scenario is a practical experience of what i witnessed with a friend in a company not a story. This
is a reality, I mean a true life story. This boss refer to his staff as his "tools"

you are unique being and you are not expected to settle for less. choosing to be an employee
will make you suffer from a capped income, you can imagine not having any capacity to
increase your level of income for more than 3 to 4 years unlike when you choose the
entrepreneurship path that allows you to grow, expand your tentacle and increase your
income at will.

instead of working like a slave for anyone, there are more than 500 Ways To Make Money from
home if you can afford a laptop and an internet connection, far from fraudulent task but legitimate
online businesses like Seun Osewa is doing on Nairaland, Akin Alabi on Nairabet, Linda Ikeji and many
other doing legitimate online businesses across the globe.

If you can read and write, you can type and send message on facebook, twitter, instagram and so on.
there is nothing holding you back for not making the "7 Figure Income" even without working for any boss
and rather be your own boss by doing what you love while earning consistent income without facing daily
traffic or working with any heartless boss paying you peanuts not even enough to pay for 2 bed room apartment
rent in Lagos, PH or ABJ let alone of thinking of building your own business, building your dream home or going
on vacation abroad or to Obudu Catle ranch right here in Nigeria

If you are tired of living a mediocre life and want to take charge of your life without any regret, i think it's high time
you join the league of money maker and start earning your "7 Figure Income" as fast as possible
with lot of available opportunities under your nose which you are yet to identify and utilize to your
own advantage. Being rich is your birth right and you are born
to be rich except you choose otherwise. Guys, wake up from your slumber and do away with those your tiny dream.

I have seen poor people still staying at a job where the boss is owing them 5 months salaries, i guess you don't doubt
this, if you do, it means you are living under the rock because we have heard in a national TV that some states are
owing their workers 7 months salaries. WHY, don't you know that "You Were Born To Be Rich" or is it the poor mindset
or not having a big dream. Anyway, If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

anyhoo, if you want to know how to start making money and create multiple streams of income, check out my
10 FREE Ways To Make "7 Figure Income Online And Offline" right here https://newsmartfolk.sendlane.com/view/money-making

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FAAN Recruitment 2015 Selection List Released / PZ Cussons Test, January 2013 / Fidelity Bank Current Recruitment OND/NCE

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.