Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:57 PM

Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) - Poems For Review (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) (72611 Views)

NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / NPC Collaboration Poetry Competition Season 2: The Renga Fiesta / 6 Memorable Poetry Collections By Nairaland Poets For 2014 - NPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
JigsawKillah:
question: I'm the type that gets easily tired once I'm holding a pen and feel like sleeping off
what should I do?
create passion, love what you do. Get rid of fear. Allow your pen to wander, just now, on this range of subjects. spend time afterwards on seeing what associations and connections you have made. Then set down these futlrther associations as a list - 'boiled eggs', 'Boko Haram, etc, and see how fat another blast and burst of writing can take you.
It's endless. There's an awful lot of ready-mades materials inside you that you haven't even started to tap.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by JigsawKillah(m): 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
So I write, my pen speaks
my paper feels, tears drops
I'm scared, scared to fail
I look so frail
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
JigsawKillah:
So I write, my pen speaks
my paper feels, tears drops
I'm scared, scared to fail
I look so frail
[color=][/color] grin
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
Texanomaly,Everestdebliu,9pm...don't miss out
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by firestar(f): 7:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
(Brb)
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
first to come to the class
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by firestar(f): 9:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
undecided
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
Let's go joor!, (dragging Tex into the class,literally)...
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
Tonights lesson is called "Poetry as Social Commentary".

With the election fiasco, ravaging insurgency, the impending insecurity, the finger pointing, corruption cases and any and all other things going on in Nigeria, now is a good time to see what Nigerians think about the state of their country.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
Forgive our lateness,campaign traffic held us,LoL...
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
This week we are going to write a poem about Nigeria. Think about what is going on, and how it affects you. Then write about it. Choose any type of poem you wish.
Brainstorm themes that you believe apply to your life.
Choose the type of poem you wish to write.
Use your list to organize your poem.
Create a poem that represents your voice today in Nigeria.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
Tex' have you got any piece for us?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Qaisar1: 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

This week we are going to write a poem about Nigeria. Think about what is going on, and how it affects you. Then write about it. Choose any type of poem you wish.
Brainstorm themes that you believe apply to your life.
Choose the type of poem you wish to write.
Use your list to organize your poem.
Create a poem that represents your voice today in Nigeria.

Sir, are we to submit now?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
[b]Here is an untitled poem I wrote for "Random Ramblings" last year.

Untitled
by Tex

When your life is an illusion
And nothing seems real.
Try with all you’ve got
To shake off this confusion,
And start a revolution.

Children grow thin,
As coffers swell
And pockets grow heavy.
Coaxing Charlatan’s begin
And mothers say Amen.

Fear in the streets and in schools.
Bomb blasts and gunfire
Bodies strewn here and there.
The blood of the innocent pools
And no one knows the rules.

Betrayed by those elected
Corruption and deceit abound.
Its commonplace indeed.
Nothing more is expected.
Only the elite are protected.

Church? or Mosque? the demand
The Bible will heal you!
No! It’s the noble Quran.
Separation for those who heed the command.
Never to walk hand in hand.

What will save those I love,
When apathy reigns
And dissolution beckons?
Perhaps only God Above
Can make her a nation all can be proud of.

It is still untitled and I've learned so much more about Nigeria since then. I've said it before. I love the Nigerian people and wish the best for them. I pray for Nigeria and her people often.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
cisse7575:
first to come to the class
I sight u...its not a memorial sermon,its a class,isn't it supposed to be interactive?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
Qaisar1:

Sir, are we to submit now?
Sure, why not?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
texanomaly:

[b]Here is an untitled poem I wrote for "Random Ramblings" last year.

Untitled
by Tex

When your life is an illusion
And nothing seems real.
Try with all you’ve got
To shake off this confusion,
And start a revolution.

Children grow thin,
As coffers swell
And pockets grow heavy.
Coaxing Charlatan’s begin
And mothers say Amen.

Fear in the streets and in schools.
Bomb blasts and gunfire
Bodies strewn here and there.
The blood of the innocent pools
And no one knows the rules.

Betrayed by those elected
Corruption and deceit abound.
Its commonplace indeed.
Nothing more is expected.
Only the elite are protected.

Church? or Mosque? the demand
The Bible will heal you!
No! It’s the noble Quran.
Separation for those who heed the command.
Never to walk hand in hand.

What will save those I love,
When apathy reigns
And dissolution beckons?
Perhaps only God Above
Can make her a nation all can be proud of.

It is still untitled and I've learned so much more about Nigeria since then. I've said it before. I love the Nigerian people and wish the best for them. I pray for Nigeria and her people often.[/b]

There is no such thing as "Nigerian People"
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by firestar(f): 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
Nigeria.

All the right curves
All the rite words
Boisterous and belligerent
Silliness versus Intelligence
Bullet coats
Gbagauns bloats
What a swarming hive!
Best viewed upfront and live!

Area!

Such is She.
Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

There is no such thing as "Nigerian People"

Yes there is. There may be a melting pot of different tribes and cultures, But they are all living in the country of Nigeria. If you choose to not be a part of it, that's is on you.
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

I sight u...its not a memorial sermon,its a class,isn't it supposed to be interactive?
Are the teachers allowed to submit? am I qualified to win the prize?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
DeepSight, UyiIredia, 1miccza, Cuddlemii, Nuges11, musKeeto, UjSizzle, Tovot, LarrySun, Mynd44, harlos, laykorn, Jbluv55,
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by firestar(f): 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
Present.

If I don't see poets with the bloody good lines, I am upping stakes. undecided

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Mynd44: 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hmm.

Firestar...me see you

1 Like

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by texanomaly(f): 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
firestar:
Present.

Cool. Lol I took your name off the tag because you were already here. Glad to have you. Got anything for us?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
THE CAMPAIGN:
Like colony of ants,travelling on queue,
So was cars piled up,in lanes like stationed pews,
No niddle eye,for bikes to slant or swerve,
Chants and maunder rented the air in many vents,
Now,paramount it is to visit my town.
Galloping through tarred and dusty path,
Flew on air,but still touched down on my rural suburb,
Knelt before the clergy,
And bow to the monarch,
Sweeping with their brooms,
Shielding with the umbrella,
Grid-lock on the street,
As traffic is at a pause,
Pregnant women,
Men with ill omen,
Hungry abdomen,
All stuck in the snarl-up,
For men of potty tummy,
Oratory,pompous an' clumsy,
Thoughtfully cunning,
With lies so funny,
Are here to feed us,
No not with food,
But brooms,
Waving to the sky,taunting us with our filths and dirts,
With umbrella,
No not to shield,but to remind us of the impending rain.

-Everest'

2 Likes

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by cisse7575(m): 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
texanomaly:

Yes there is. There may be a melting pot of different tribes and cultures, But they are all living in the country of Nigeria. If you choose to not be a part of it, that's is on you.
You are very right.

World People.... there's a melting pot of nations and religions, and culture, but we are all living under the same sky, and if anyone chose not to live in harmony with others irrespective of any cultures and religions, then that person should be considered a terrorist
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by firestar(f): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
texanomaly:

Cool. Lol I took your name off the tag because you were already here. Glad to have you. Got anything for us?

Yes, I do actually. wink

And please contestants, write with soul... I need to feel some spice.Or sugar.... Anything nice.

2 Likes

Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ms. Tex,would you mind if I suggest a name for your piece?
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by EverestdeBliu(m): 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
cisse7575:
Are the teachers allowed to submit? am I qualified to win the prize?
Yessuh!,the teachers can post their piece too
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by UjSizzle(f): 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
Texanomaly/Firestar, can I write a haiku? cheesy tongue
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Qaisar1: 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
Somewhere in here
War song now a National Anthem
Men Match - kalashnikov handled by children
Cold heart, no fear, death died in his system

Somewhere in here
wondering, should i question this God
was i attached to the wrong umbilical cord?
"Free Will" I should have chosen when to come
Re: Poetry Classes For Beginners - NPC (Signup Thread) by Qaisar1: 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
firestar:

Yes, I do actually. wink

And please contestants, write with soul... I need to feel some spice.Or sugar.... Anything nice.

Oh! I didn't see this before posting

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (61) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.