Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government (27855 Views)

FLASHBACK: A.P.C Believe In President Jonathan More Than Buhari? / Overview of President Goodluck Jonathan's Government 2010 - 2015 / Okonjo-Iweala On Forbes List Of Most Powerful Women Of 2012 (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by ogtavia(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Flets:

You lot make lot of useless noises.
What do you know about subsidy. .. you just blab away in the most unintelligible manners.

The reason petrol price is same maiduguri
, lagos, PH, Ogoja is because subsidy does not cover only import pricing but transport also. FG pays the transport cost of all these trucks you see at Apapa

The sharp practices/ corruption within the sector cuts across marketers, depot owners, PPRA, Truck owners, truck drivers etc. Imagine a driver loads products for Maiduguri and is paid 500k then he diverts the product Shagamu. .... Nigerians are extremely corrupt. everybody part pf the supply chain is part of the cabal. They would be quick to embark on strike snd starve supplies causing scarcity when you want to step in

Refined product Subsidy has to go. It was the right move by GEJ two years back but without enlightenment of the masses. We need to deregulate the downstream sector. In a year we can have over 5 off the shelf small scale refining modules with subsidy out of the way. At the point Govt can subsidize the cost of crude to the local refineries and drive the petrol cost even below 97naira.

In all, there will be competing refineries, many petrochemical companies, vast employment, cheaper petrol price in the long term, positive effect on our foreign exchange, more vibrant economy.

Honestly..you lost me after 'manners'...this one indeed is story for d ancestors.....u better don't allow urself to be deceived by our so-called leaders,there is no subsidy..Yar Adua pegged fuel at N65,wasn't d so-called subsidy there,look its just a pity Nigeria is d way it is,honestly,basic secondary School Business Studies or Economics shud help Nigerians realize d forces dt affect oil prices in an oil producing country,keep mouthing subsidy there...in other news,N
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by IamDejman(m): 11:13am On Dec 16, 2014
Old Cargos...Madueke resemble Sugar mummy.

Meanwhile, why didn't Mama Peace Peace make d list?

1 Like

Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by ogtavia(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2014
Flets:

You lot make lot of useless noises.
What do you know about subsidy. .. you just blab away in the most unintelligible manners.

The reason petrol price is same maiduguri
, lagos, PH, Ogoja is because subsidy does not cover only import pricing but transport also. FG pays the transport cost of all these trucks you see at Apapa

The sharp practices/ corruption within the sector cuts across marketers, depot owners, PPRA, Truck owners, truck drivers etc. Imagine a driver loads products for Maiduguri and is paid 500k then he diverts the product Shagamu. .... Nigerians are extremely corrupt. everybody part pf the supply chain is part of the cabal. They would be quick to embark on strike snd starve supplies causing scarcity when you want to step in

Refined product Subsidy has to go. It was the right move by GEJ two years back but without enlightenment of the masses. We need to deregulate the downstream sector. In a year we can have over 5 off the shelf small scale refining modules with subsidy out of the way. At the point Govt can subsidize the cost of crude to the local refineries and drive the petrol cost even below 97naira.

In all, there will be competing refineries, many petrochemical companies, vast employment, cheaper petrol price in the long term, positive effect on our foreign exchange, more vibrant economy.

Honestly..you lost me after 'manners'...this one indeed is story for d ancestors.....u better don't allow urself to be deceived by our so-called leaders,there is no subsidy..Yar Adua pegged fuel at N65,wasn't d so-called subsidy there,look its just a pity Nigeria is d way it is,honestly,basic secondary School Business Studies or Economics shud help Nigerians realize d forces dt affect oil prices in an oil producing country,keep mouthing subsidy there...in other news,Nigeria doesn't have a functioning oil refinery,nt because they can't,but because,d leaders aren't willing to do d needful,do u know au many people will lose money made from petroleum importation...Otedola Number One...abeg..as far as d leaders are still trying to force down our throats fake lies,then thunder will continue to fire them..
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by thaoriginator: 11:20am On Dec 16, 2014
Jennimma:

lolz
He said the truth
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Iriruaga100(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2014
Education brought these women to the corridors of power.
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by IYANGBALI: 11:24am On Dec 16, 2014
herald9:

Must everything be igbo?
undecided
you dey mind am?

1 Like

Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by IYANGBALI: 11:26am On Dec 16, 2014
ogtavia:

Honestly..you lost me after 'manners'...this one indeed is story for d ancestors.....u better don't allow urself to be deceived by our so-called leaders,there is no subsidy..Yar Adua pegged fuel at N65,wasn't d so-called subsidy there,look its just a pity Nigeria is d way it is,honestly,basic secondary School Business Studies or Economics shud help Nigerians realize d forces dt affect oil prices in an oil producing country,keep mouthing subsidy there...in other news,Nigeria doesn't have a functioning oil refinery,nt because they can't,but because,d leaders aren't willing to do d needful,do u know au many people will lose money made from petroleum importation...Otedola Number One...abeg..as far as d leaders are still trying to force down our throats fake lies,then thunder will continue to fire them..
gbam. 10 million likes
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Flets: 11:27am On Dec 16, 2014
ogtavia:

I wont bother responding cos you said there is no subsidy. Check the price of refined petrol in the global market and compare with 97naira. Google is your friend.
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by tayotemowo(m): 11:29am On Dec 16, 2014
funkiebully:
omobola johnson pretty? obasanjo must be handsome then. undecided undecided undecided undecided

If Omobola Johnson isn't fine I would hate to see what you look like. You must really hate what you look like to think she isn't well sha I wouldn't want to blame a lot of Nigerians what our able former president has done to us has made us not to want to appreciate anyone that has anything to do with him and his underlings. Well that's why I said we need a change in Nigeria enough of the fresh breeze the one we have endure since 2008 will last us a life time. Buhari for president (I don't like any of them but I just know we need a change from the status quo) if the ones we've been trying are not making any better turns for us then let's try the one we haven't tried before now and see the difference. APC must loose in Lagos and PDP must loose at the presidency. Shikena na gama da magana.
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by menesheh(m): 11:37am On Dec 16, 2014
The fourth one SALLY MBANEFO resembles a crafted queen grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by ekolander(m): 11:54am On Dec 16, 2014
Kudos to them all, commendable milestones I must say.
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by tecmon: 11:55am On Dec 16, 2014
GEJ empowering women since 2011, while OBJ talking sh1t since 1978
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by ekolina(m): 11:59am On Dec 16, 2014
u kwn nothing..Diezini was the first female executive director of shell. she was with shell on till 2007.she did architecture in texas. questionable cuz they didn't skool in he west rite
ogtavia:

True...but for dis ones na...if they actually attained all dose educational achievements,they really worked hard then...but for this ones,apart from Omobola Johnson and maybe Sally Mbanefo...the other ones are questionable imho.
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
lalasticlala:
DIEZANI ALISON-MADUEKE

Her Excellency Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke has held three significant Federal cabinet positions in the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria since 2007. Namely, Honourable Minister of Transportation in 2007-2008; Honourable Minister of Mines and Steel Development in 2008- 2010; and was appointed Nigeria’s first female Honourable Minister for Petroleum Resources from 2010 until present. Historically, she became and still is the first and only woman to lead a country’s delegation to the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) conference in Vienna, Austria, in 2010. She is the first female President of OPEC. She is happily married to former military governor, Rear Admiral Alison Madueke(retd.)

Her husband knows she is f<ckn GEJ but he benefits from it and lets her. What a life
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
lalasticlala:
ARUNMA OTEH

Ms. Arunma Oteh became the Director General of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Nigeria, in January 2010 and was elected Chairperson, Africa Middle East Regional Committee (AMERC) of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) in June 2010. She was re-elected Chairperson in June 2012 and in September 2014. She is a member of the Nigerian Economic Management Team (NEMT) chaired by the President of Nigeria and a Director of the Board of the Pension Commission, Nigeria (PENCOM) and of the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON).
She is also a Board member of the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) and was a member of the World Economic Forum (WEF) Global Agenda Council on Institutional Governance from 2010 to 2014. Oteh, who is an indigene of Abia State, is also a British citizen. She graduated with first-class degree in computer sciences from the University of Nigeria in Nsukka and earned her MBA from Harvard Business School

This one is fucckn Dangote. shameless thing. *vomits*
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
lalasticlala:
SALLY MBANEFO

Mrs. Sally Mbanefo is a 1986 Law graduate from the University of Lagos with 26 years corporate professional experience in Banking, Manufacturing, and Oil & Gas sectors, with a stint in private and social entrepreneurial practice. In 1987, She began her career as a pioneer staff in the Treasury department of Abacus Merchant Bank Limited (one of the first indigenous banks in Nigeria) and subsequently joined International Merchant Bank Limited in 1989 where she spent 15 years in Treasury, International Trade, Operations, Loan Recovery, Capital Markets, Shareholder/Investor Relations, Human Capital Management, General Administration and was Chief Foreign Exchange Dealer of the bank before her appointment as Company Secretary/Legal Adviser to the board, the youngest at the time for a publicly quoted company. Sally managed two Public Offers for the bank that later became IMB Plc and today FCMB Plc. She is currently the Director General, Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation.

This one is fugly. I don't know who is fucckn her cry Maybe her husband undecided
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
PerfumeRepublik:
Its a plus for GEJ's Administration placing women in strategic portfolios...
Women Empowerment is a good cause..
Women needs to be given a sense of belonging in Nigeria,their place shouldn't be just on our Beds & Kitchens

How many women have benefitted from the presence of these few women in Jonathan's government.

1 Like

Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
mistabiola:
This kind news wey you dey update nowadays::::just dey provoke people comot from Nl cheesy
u r next
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by ogtavia(m): 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
Flets:

I wont bother responding cos you said there is no subsidy. Check the price of refined petrol in the global market and compare with 97naira. Google is your friend.

Dts international price fixed by OPEC abeg,av u asked urself why all of a sudden,d price of oil has reduced sharply...do u know OPEC was originally a cartel and maybe still is headed by Saudi Arabia,d largest Oil exporter in d world...look.who says Nigeria can't sell oil at our own predetermined price,Shale Oil production increased in d US and u know America,they don't care who OPEC is,Saudi Arabia flooded d market with Brent Oil that is our crude oil,and reduced d price,what we have now is d resultant effect..btw..which one is refined petrol...d only universal price is one crude oil...countries determine how much they sell to their citizens...I don't even know why I responded to this sef in d first place..
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by makasimatics(m): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
It is not all about studying hard; it is all about who God favors at a given time. It could be u or me.

Anyway, they should give God glory.
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ibadannimowa:

Her husband knows she is f<ckn GEJ but he benefits from it and lets her. What a life

Just like poverty, s.t.u.p.I.d.I.t.y. and perverted mindset is f<c.king you and your household...Can't you respect people with their hard earned achievements? Do you think all are women of loose virtue like the w.ho.r.e that begot you?? Kindly respect both men and women of honour and not spew your dirty and negative opinion on them joor...

1 Like

Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by ogtavia(m): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
ekolina:
u kwn nothing..Diezini was the first female executive director of shell. she was with shell on till 2007.she did architecture in texas. questionable cuz they didn't skool in he west rite

What is dis one saying?
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
Okay. So we actually have 10 presidents. Nine female, 1 male & the weakest of them is the male. Na wa o.
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
ogtavia:

Dts international price fixed by OPEC abeg,av u asked urself why all of a sudden,d price of oil has reduced sharply...do u know OPEC was originally a cartel and maybe still is headed by Saudi Arabia,d largest Oil exporter in d world...look.who says Nigeria can't sell oil at our own predetermined price,Shale Oil production increased in d US and u know America,they don't care who OPEC is,Saudi Arabia flooded d market with Brent Oil that is our crude oil,and reduced d price,what we have now is d resultant effect..btw..which one is refined petrol...d only universal price is one crude oil...countries determine how much they sell to their citizens...I don't even know why I responded to this sef in d first place..

Why not remove prejudice and then sit to understand the system very well before analyzing ...Do Nigeria exist in isolation of other countries? Can we run an economy devoid of interaction with other economies? What's the price of this product in other economies considering their GDP, per capita income, refining base, manufacturing prowess of the economy I am not saying building refineries here isn't the best but given the current situation, what's the way out Why do you think petroleum price is same all over the country? is it magic or cluelessness of importers, marketers etc
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by KLand(m): 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
Classic examples of brain and beauty mixing perfectly well.
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Algebra12: 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ibadannimowa:

This one is fucckn Dangote. shameless thing. *vomits*

You are shamelessly irresponsible. A douche bag of highest order.

In fact, you are a product of a leaking co.ndo.m. Edddiiiiaaaattt!!!!
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
ogtavia:

What is dis one saying?

As a coconut head you are...he is saying that before appointment into governance... Dieziani has carved a niche for herself in the petroleum sector viz shell Nigeria after studying in England and USA. She rose to the rank of executive director in shell Nigeria. the first female to rise to such position in shell...is it clear now or do you need me to draw it on ground for you
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by ogtavia(m): 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Why not remove prejudice and then sit to understand the system very well before analyzing ...Do Nigeria exist in isolation of other countries? Can we run an economy devoid of interaction with other economies? What's the price of this product in other economies considering their GDP, per capita income, refining base, manufacturing prowess of the economy I am not saying building refineries here isn't the best but given the current situation, what's the way out Why do you think petroleum price is same all over the country? is it magic or cluelessness of importers, marketers etc

Look,I agree with all d points u raised..we definitely can't exist in isolation,but what I know is dis,we can do better than many countries if we really want to...I know and understand why Nigeria can't arbitrarily fix fuel price in isolation to international price,I think I quite understand how d forces work,I can't blame d marketers and importers..neither am I saying they are clueless..in situations..d people I will never blame are d players along d production/delivery chain...yet,I will not absolve them of all faults,no,they are part of d problem,yes they are,have you ever asked urself,where d so-called crude oil is even refined,is it d US,is it Venezuela,is it Iran,even d Nigerian government knows why it can't divulge such information,but a right thinking mind will know,there is no proper reason why we can't refine fuel here,...d Leaders are d culprit,that's why I said,OPEC is a cartel,I didn't even say it,its a fact..I will not be deceived myself,d powers at play in d petroleum issue seems to be powerful but not beyond what our leaders can do,do u know au much Nigeria makes from oil,do u know much is been remitted into d treasury,..look,markets buy petrol at less than N97 but sell at N97 cos dts d national fixed price,I am in no way saying,d players in d oil industry are retards but I know they are pawns in d bigger game than we know...
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by ogtavia(m): 12:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

As a coconut head you are...he is saying that before appointment into governance... Dieziani has carved a niche for herself in the petroleum sector viz shell Nigeria after studying in England and USA. She rose to the rank of executive director in shell Nigeria. the first female to rise to such position in shell...is it clear now or do you need me to draw it on ground for you

Pls do...and also tell me d shape and size of d Niches she carved for herself while in shell..
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by swezenberg(m): 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
Jennimma:
Beautiful igbo women.

Majority tho.

It is just like me saying of all the the best brain is Yoruba in terms of education and brain. Does that make sense to you.
Re: 5 Pretty, Powerful Women In President Jonathan’s Government by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
ogtavia:

Look,I agree with all d points u raised..we definitely can't exist in isolation,but what I know is dis,we can do better than many countries if we really want to...I know and understand why Nigeria can't arbitrarily fix fuel price in isolation to international price,I think I quite understand how d forces work,I can't blame d marketers and importers..neither am I saying they are clueless..in situations..d people I will never blame are d players along d production/delivery chain...yet,I will not absolve them of all faults,no,they are part of d problem,yes they are,have you ever asked urself,where d so-called crude oil is even refined,is it d US,is it Venezuela,is it Iran,even d Nigerian government knows why it can't divulge such information,but a right thinking mind will know,there is no proper reason why we can't refine fuel here,...d Leaders are d culprit,that's why I said,OPEC is a cartel,I didn't even say it,its a fact..I will not be deceived myself,d powers at play in d petroleum issue seems to be powerful but not beyond what our leaders can do,do u know au much Nigeria makes from oil,do u know much is been remitted into d treasury,..look,markets buy petrol at less than N97 but sell at N97 cos dts d national fixed price,I am in no way saying,d players in d oil industry are retards but I know they are pawns in d bigger game than we know...

To me, government problem should be to fix the refineries... but the corruption in that import system is something you do systematically otherwise they will crumble your economy, destroy your government and make you a living failure....Bro, managing people is the hardest part of life especially managing ones who have the capacity to ruin your all...marketers, importers, regulatory agencies etc are all corrupt and government has to be diplomatic otherwise they will ruin you with strikes, sabotage, blackmail etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB: Nigerians In America Write Trump, Seek Immediate Clampdown On IPOB / Reno: Peter Obi Is Like BBNaija And Will Gradually Fade Away After Elections / Abuja Master Plan: Why Wike Must Demolish Aso Villa – Bwala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.