Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,350 members, 7,937,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Muslims: Are We Bad? - Islam for Muslims (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Are We Bad? (26125 Views)

Poll: Are muslims bad?

Yes: 42% (20 votes)
No, maybe not: 57% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Just Came In ' What The Muslims Are Planning' / Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mochafella(m): 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2006
KDK:

P.S,
What is a fine chick like you doing on nairaland? wink
nilla:

Who tell you say i be fine chick?

Exactly undecided
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 6:37pm On Sep 20, 2006
wink
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by KDK(m): 6:38pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ Nilla,
I know ni. It is not just a factual saying but a truthful saying. Are denying your beauty?

@Mochafella,
Mind your biz, 3 is a crowd you know ( teasing)  grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2006
how do you know?
thats the question.
I'm not denying or claiming nothing grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by KDK(m): 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2006
I have my source girl and believe you me, my source don't lie.  wink  (Take it or return it)
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2006
How can i not know about people, and they are claiming to know me??

Hmmmmm

I'm getting scared of nairaland undecided
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by KDK(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2006
Hmmmm cheesy
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2006
ok now.
enough offtopic posts, i gotta run.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mukina2: 11:49pm On Sep 20, 2006
back to topic angry
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by babe1(f): 3:34am On Sep 21, 2006
Muslims are not bad, at least not all of em but, some of you have such temper. Everytime someone makes a comment, next thing you are rioting. You guys don't even wait to read some meaning into anything. Now i think thats bad.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 10:59am On Sep 21, 2006
Babe1, thats sensible post. i think that intolerance might just be the bad part. But then must we always try to provoke a wellknown intolerant person? thats my point. Cant we just agree to mind our businesses, so that no one get offended?. Lets not create the loopholes
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by 4getme1(m): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2006
belloti:

Babe1, thats sensible post. i think that intolerance might just be the bad part. But then must we always try to provoke a wellknown intolerant person? thats my point. Cant we just agree to mind our businesses, so that no one get offended?. Lets not create the loopholes

Oga belloti, I miss you no be small. cheesy

I don't want to provoke anyone, but who was this "wellknown intolerant person" of yester-years that went everywhere with his sword, so that the 14th century Emperor whom the Pope recently quoted had to voice out his concerns? Who be that "wellknown intollerant person", hhnnn??

Second, no vex again; but did this same "wellknown intollerant person" mind his own business and respect the faiths of other people? I'm only seeking intellectual dialogue; but if I sounded like the Pope just now, please forgive and then. . . 4get me kpata-kpata!! cheesy
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2006
Forget-me, i really missed you too. But theres one crazy jerk called Havila lurking around somewhere. sometimes i wish he can smarten up a bit to be like you.

My point here is that, we can't continue to pretend that these things don't happen. There are some level of intolerance in the muslim circles. But no matter what we feel we can only be accountable for ourselves. i am a muslim but i don't support violence, so do millions of other peaceloving muslims. I don't think its fair for anyone to called all muslims Bad people. But those intolerant people are also part of us and we wish they can soften up.And we wish they dont have enough reason to base their actions on. The pope just helped in encouraging them and we say they are both wrong. For as long as there is a provocation, there will continue to be violent reactions and me and you will continue to watch helplessly, while people like Havila will expose their ignorance in looking out for a culprit.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by 4getme1(m): 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2006
There again, my dear belloti. . . somehow you've managed to sustain the respect I have for you.

Good points you made, as far as open dialogues on a Forum are concerned (but why Havila is a jerk. . . hmmm, I can't understand). All the same, regards. wink
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2006
4get_me, i also appreciate your understanding.

My worry is that we are talking too much here while fire is burning out there. If we agree on the real problems, we will just be halfway towards solving them. Ofcourse there are Bad muslims and Bad christians too. But the how do we reach out to touch their lives and possibly understand their anger. How do we show them a better solution to their violence inoredr to achieve the most elusive global peace?.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by donmayor(m): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2006
The Punch, Thursday, 21 Sep 2006
Dutse erupts in religious violence
John Alechenu and Segun Olatunji with Agency report

Muslim youths in Dutse, the Jigawa State capital, on Wednesday attacked Christians and burnt down churches while protesting a Christian woman‘s alleged blasphemous remarks against Prophet Mohammed, police and witnesses said.

Police made several arrests in connection with the violence, during which an estimated 40 shops were also ransacked.

Riot-police fired canisters of tear gas on about 50 protesting youths, who marched on Dutse demanding that the woman -- currently in police custody -- be punished.

Neither police nor witnesses were able to say exactly what the woman is accused of saying.

”There have been some disturbances this morning with religious overtones following some unguarded utterances capable of offending religious sensibilities in the community,” Jigawa state police spokesman Ejike Nwokolo told Agence France Presse.

”The situation is under control, it was something that has religious undertone, I do not have details because we just started investigations,” Nwokolo told our correspondent.

No fewer than six people are believed to have has been injured. But no life has been reported lost.

The North-West zone Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Rev. Joseph Hayab, said in a telephone interview with newsmen in Kaduna on Wednesday that the spontaneous protests started following an alleged blasphemy of Prophet Mohammed by a female Christian simply identified as Jummai from Kaduna State.

According to Hayab, it was a male Muslim youth who first blasphemed Jesus Christ following a heated argument between them in which the female Christian retaliated, thus sparking off the protest.

The CAN secretary wondered why a mere argument between two people should result in such wanton destruction of places of worship.

“This is a heinous crime in the name of religion. Why should some people always think that they have the monopoly of violence? At this critical moment in the chequered political history of the nation, we need to preach peace and not violence under the guise of defending a religion,” he stated, adding that about 10 churches were burnt down.

Muslims, Are they bad?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Aggressa(m): 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2006
"Forget-me, i really missed you too. But theres one crazy jerk called Havila lurking around somewhere"

My dear ""short-fused Belloti: grin grin grin
Why am I a jerk? grin you sound as if I am really lucky you dont have access to my address and detail otherwise,
oh sorry you are a moderate muslim, I forgot, abi?? I had a good laugh from your statement above, you see that is exactly what we are saying. You must be able to tolerate critique of islam and muhammed and engage in discussion rather than resort to violence at the slightest critique which you will rather call provocation. This is 2006/2007. My strategy is called reverse psycology, stand up and confront all the jammat in this forum or elsewhere until you are ready for a ceasefire, then we can have an issue-based, intellectual discussion on islam, christianity, Jesus Christ and muhammed etc.
If you are ready, it is this same open-mindedness that you should take to your neighbourhood mosque tomorrow and educate fellow jammat that they must be ready to engage in discussions however critical it is without calling for the head of opponents. Just know that if-you-katyusha-me, I will level-your-lebanon, then there will be a call for ceasefire. This reverse psycology is what we will use to confront the terrorist, extremist and fundermentalist all over the world, until they are ready to bring their grieviances to the round table. We refuse categorically to be subdued by threats of violence, from taking away the freedom of speech and thougth that we enjoy as our inalienable right under democracy. wink grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2006
Havila, if you keep going this way then i advice you to get used to violence because right now i cant tell the difference between you and those you are trying to subdue. Its not about being loud, its all about looking from different perspectives. when it comes to aggression, you will probably blend with the wind. grin cheesy
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Aggressa(m): 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2006
As I said before, you must be ready for, and open-minded to issue based critique of islam/muhammed.
If you katyusha me, I will F16+Tomahawk you. SImple grin grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 11:07am On Sep 22, 2006
Havila, i have always opted for open-minded discussions but that should not be taken for granted by your willfull insults on our reverred figure. You probably feel the same way about Islam with the way i feel about Christianity. But we can always reach a compromise if we like, especially now that we are at a crossroad. From my point, i agree that the violent reaction to the Pope comments was wrong and all i am asking from you is to admit that the Pope shouldnt have made that remark in the first place.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2006
some people in here always reinforce the sentiment muslims are inheritedly aggressive by nature!

what diference does it make if those speech were made by pope! either way the violence is unwarranted. a lot have been said about jesus yet no christian is calling for any muslim brother s head! wonder if you have ever take note of this.

hey what a big difference! na waa oo
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2006
The pope quoted someone else.

A muslim terrorist on TV who had converted to serve the Lord said Islam was akin to "Hotel California".
You can check in but cannot check out.

Many of you non Muslims do not understand that in Islam,there is no freedom of speech and human rights.
That is the reason why a cartoon,a book or mere utterances would set them off like loose cannons.

@bellotti,we refuse to abide by your rule of "speak bad about Muhammad and get your derriere whipped or worse".
[b]There is a standard in the world today called freedom of speech and the earlier you Muslims acknowledged and conformed to it, shedding your murderous ways,the better we would all be.[/b]What is all this violence in the name of blasphemy to mohammed.
Earlier on you claimed Muhammad was a mere man to justify his lustful ways,has his status been upgraded since that statement?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Aggressa(m): 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2006
.Quote from Belloti;; and all I am asking from you is to [b]admit that the Pope shouldnt have made that remark in the first place. [/b] [color=#000099][/color]

Dear Belloti;
You just don't get it; or maybe you do but refuse to accept. I cannot admit to arrant nonsense!!!Dont get me started here angry angry angry
Why can't anybody make any statement?? This is 2006 men, 21st century, WAKE THE HECK UP, DUDE!!!!!! People have every right to make any statement about any social issue, belief or philosophy, and you on the other hand have every right to either affirm or debunk a critique; not go on rampage. How can you say you are ready for an open-minded discussion if you are giving the terms of what should be discussed.? Do you even know the meaning of open-mindedness?? C'mon, men. Seriously, don't get me started by asking me to admit to rubbish. angry
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 1:08am On Sep 24, 2006
Govt Deploys Troops In Kaduna

THE Federal Government yesterday deployed armed soldiers and policemen in Kaduna to prevent a solidarity protest by some Moslems in the state.

The tension in the state made traders and other business operators close shops in the metropolis.

Apparently to prevent a spill-over of the crisis that erupted in Dutse, Jigawa State last Wednesday, the military and police commands in Kaduna rolled out armoured tanks and trucks full of armed soldiers and anti-riot policemen at about 11am , before the Jummat prayers, while patrolling major roads and streets in the metropolis and its environs.

Many shops along the busy Ahmadu Bello Way did not open for business for fear of the unknown.

There was an uneasy calm in the city as residents restricted their movements to areas where they felt safe.

The state police command confirmed that some troublemakers were planning to infiltrate the city during or after the Friday prayers to cause trouble and cause a reign of terror and destruction in the state.

Kaduna State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ernest Ibhaze, in a special announcement warned that anyone who fomented trouble would be arrested and prosecuted.

We are reliably informed that some troublemakers want to infiltrate our faithful worshipers today during or immediately after the Friday prayers. Their aim is to cause trouble and a reign of destruction in this peace-loving state.

My dear good people of Kaduna State, I urge you to say no to violence, no to riots, no to destruction.

What we need at this stage is prayers and sober reflection so that Moslems and their Christian brothers can continue to live in peace. The police have not granted anybody or group permit to do a procession or rally.

Any one who foments trouble or sponsors chaos will be arrested and prosecuted. A word is enough for the wise" the police commissioners announcement read in part.

Many parents were in various schools to withdraw their wards just as some traders were running for their lives as rumour of impending trouble rent the air.

Meanwhile, the violence that erupted in Dutse was said to have subsided as people went about their businesses.

According to reports, shops and business centres have now been opened as police guard strategic places to maintain law and order.

once again there u have it! hey dnt ask superman for the source all yall stuborn heads out there wey de walk around with suya blades
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2006
superman,do you live in Naija?
Any Southerners in Northern Nigeria living amongst these hooligans without a[b] loaded pistol [/b] should be pitied.

Every southern man with a family must,I repeat, must be able to defend his wife and children when the time arises.
We have turned the other cheek and currently we have run out of cheeks.
No one should be caught unawares.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2006
nigeria never worri !in due time we shall deal with those suya blade a$$es out there.

babyosisi make u no mind them.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by dayokanu(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2006
@ Superman
those are teachings from the religion of PISS PEACE i MEAN
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mukina2: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2006
wa ta ku lor
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 4:47am On Sep 26, 2006
mukina2:

wa ta ku lor

needing your seizure medication dear?lol
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2006
i think you are a troll to be honest
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by belloti(m): 10:54am On Sep 28, 2006
Oh Yeah, we are pretty Baaaaddd.

Can we now move to the next thread?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nuru(m): 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2006
Muslims are the best community ever raised for mankind. We believe in God, enjoin what is right and forbid injustice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

10 Amazing Miracles Of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) / Fashion Thread For Muslim Women / 10 Popular Investments Muslims Should Avoid

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.